ExpressJet Airlines
69Average

ExpressJet Airlines Pay & Benefits reviews

I have mixed feelings about working at Expressjet. At first, it was a great career. I enjoyed going to work. I had over 14 years of flying the EMB-145 and I learned quite a bit about it’s systems. However, after its purchase, the quality of life diminished. The job became more difficult and after awhile I felt as though the company was out to get me fired.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Working every weekend for the last several years.
Expressjet is no longer in business. I worked there for a long time and the people were what made the company great. Upper and middle management changed quite a lot toward the end and they didn't have the understanding of the companies history nor the desire to give what was needed to move forward.
Pros
Good benefits. The senior employees were somewhat rewarded.
Cons
Upper management tried to make it into a low budget cheap operation.
They were the best regional company in the United States. The flight benefits and training department are best in class. Unfortunately, I've been furloughed, but I hope they will find a new contract soon.
Pros
Flight benefits, good hotels, people
Cons
Commuting.
Company closed it doors leaving benefits in question. There is not more company so don’t waste your time reading this review. It won’t do any good. Good luck.
Leave a review. Help people like you.
I really enjoyed to work at ExpressJet Airlines. I learned a lot from my co-workers. The reason I disliked the most for pay rate. It pays low for beginning. But It's good for someone want to learn to increase experience before move on to another bigger aircraft company.
Good place to work. Produce daily/monthly/quarterly/yearly dashboards and reports. Produce adhoc reports. Provide presentation decks for all departments.
Benefits
Cons
Airline
I enjoy the team members I work with daily. Entry level pay is aweful, and the job and hours are not for everyone. It is likely you will either love it or hate it
Pros
Medical benefits
Cons
Gone from home
This company is what YOU make of it. In my position I have control over my environment within the guidelines of the company policies, & CFR's.I have full access to upper management when needed and I am fully supported by them.
Pros
Benefits - Cannbot be beat
Cons
Easy to become a workaholic
ExpressJet Airlines is a good place to work to get your foot in the door for aviation. It is a 24/7 business so expect to miss some holidays and birthdays. As travel is the business, there is a lot of travel. the management does what they can, but don't expect to be paid a lot or to see any excessive expenditures of capital. It is a good place to gain experience.
Pros
You will work with good people and the demanding work enviornment builds comaraderie.
Cons
You can work at all times of the day or night.
Pay is extremely weak. Work from home is good. Some management seem overwhelmed. People in my group are very knowledgeable and fun to work with.
Pros
Good work group
Cons
Pay
Being a Flight Attendant is not always what people make it seem. Training is unpaid so make sure you have a heavy savings account to cover your bills while in training. Pay is only good when you have around 90-100 flying hours. If you get the minimum of 75 flying hours for the month your check will barely cover a Crashpad, Uber, Food and your already established bills. Reserve life is HORRIBLE! Be prepared to struggle for the first year and maybe even longer depending.
Pros
Travel Benefits
Cons
Crazy hours, unpredictable schedule
I really enjoyed working there. The only real issue was money. The managers were involved with the employees and MO was the best HMFIC I have ever had. Great people who cared for the employee. But the parent company was cheaper then me. And I have been discribed as being able to get s..t out of a Buffalo nickel.
Pros
Free lunches and caring people. There were a few exceptions.
Cons
Cheap
It is a good airline to work for but they have a long line of reserve so you’ll never be home unless you live in base. If you don’t mind missing birthdays and holidays you’ll be fine
Make sure you have an open mind, open life and open schedule. It can be alot of work but the pay and fly benefits are assume. You will travel alot but it doesn't give you the opportunity to see alot of things
Management, atmosphere, and pay are terrible at Express Jet. We are losing experienced mechanics left and right. The pay scale has remained the same for almost 20 years. The only thing that has changed, is starting pay. They raised that to around $2.00 more an hour, from what it was on the almost 20 year old contract. That is just small portion of the problems at Express Jet.
Pros
Most coworkers are great people.
Cons
Management, atmosphere, and pay are terrible.
Flight Benefits were awesome. Met a lot of great people. Pay was decent. Training was detail and I learned skills I can use throughout my entire life.
Expressjet was once a great company to work for up until the last few years when the company and it's name has been dragged through the mud from its previous owner. Now the new owner ship is trying to bring the company back up, However management treats the employees that have a huge part in the companies operational performance like scum buy putting them in a tight and cramp office space while those that don't have an impact in the companies successes gets the better office space with plenty of room and an awesome view. The benefits are great but the salary compensation lacks considering the pay scale is based off 2004 economy and not cost adjustments for inflation or economic impacts. Over all if asked if I recommend the company to other, I would say right now to tread softly.
ExpressJet was like a second family to me. Although work hours were long and oftentimes stressful due to weather or the shortage of crew member, the people that surrounds you made my time spent there all worth it. Peers were always willing to step in and give a helping hand where it was needed.
Pros
you're free to step away from your desk when it's not busy
Cons
No offsite lunch breaks with long work hours
It’s a good company for someone doesn’t have expenses as the pay is extremely low If you want to feel the culture of the airline this is a good start
Pros
No money no life
Cons
Travel benefits
If you like flying for free get with this company. Even though the money is not so the way there, the benefits make up for it on the long run. Reccomend
A great place to work. The benefits were good and the majority of the employees were great to work with.. Great training program with knowledgeable instructors making sure you got the information needed to do your job.