Extang Employee Reviews

My time in a hot nasty place
Machine Operator 2 (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJuly 6, 2019
It started out as a 10/4 spot. As in 10 hour days 4 days/week...at least that was what I was told in the interview. It was in actuality 10/7. Thats correct, I worked 10 hours per day 7 days per week. No life balance at all. The pay check was great...just no time to enjoy it. The line was good and the people were awesome, even the management for that line were great. I transferred to a different place due to personal reasons. The supervisor there made my ly life a living heck from day 1.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Bad management and mandatory OT.
Absolutely loved working for Extang and would love to return
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJune 28, 2019
Absolutely loved working for Extang

The work place was calm and comfortable, dress code was casual and not super strict, management was relaxed and very friendly.

Job was well compensated and fairly low stress worked for two years in shipping and receiving with no discernible issues.
extang factory
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJune 17, 2019
It was an ok job money was good but the labor was not it makes u very tired by the end of the day.I would say it was pretty clean if u had a concern u let your supervisor know and they will have a solution by that day.The culture of that job is really nice I have wonderful people that u will meet.
Horrible management
Teamleader (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIMarch 31, 2019
I wouldn't recommend extang to anyone, as a matter of fact I would run. It's a who you know who you blow environment and i mean that literally. They have the worst management I've ever seen in any company I've ever worked for. Anyone can work at extang it doesnt take much knowledge and they will hire and promote anyone whether qualified or not for the job. They cant for this reason keep good hardworking people. They instead cater to the lower class people with lack of knowledge in production. Which is why their turnover rate is through the roof. People get screwed by extang all the time. If job security is something your looking for you won't find it at Extang.
Pros
Cons
Hostile work environment
Great benefits and good people
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIMarch 4, 2019
This is a fast-paced work environment with a team that works hard. The call center grind is lessened by good people that try to be on the same page as you. I have grown a lot with this company. Troubleshooting the technical aspects can be difficult over the phone but we have a lot of leeway to try to make people happy and that certainly helps.
Pros
Decent pay, consistent raises, nice lunch room
Cons
Management is hit or miss, always tight on employees for coverage.
Fast Paced and Growing Environment
Production (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIFebruary 8, 2019
Most jobs are on the assembly lines and require teamwork. Most of the employees are nice to work with, but some can be difficult. Overtime can be a bit much at times and are specific to production lines.
Pros
Paid lunch, holidays, paid time off, employee events
Cons
Too much overtime
It was a job at the time
Auditor/ Assembly (Former Employee) –  Saline, MIAugust 27, 2018
Business slowed down and the hours. They cant keep employees. Manager need better training. The cleaning is so bad the bathrooms are so nasty. The lunch room are so small and have flys in the room.
Pros
Paid lunchs
Cons
Breaks are ok
It was always hot in there
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJune 15, 2018
I liked working here it was easy fast paced and some of the people where freindly the supervisors are on some bullcrap They hate everybody equally. And working in the factory was also a trip. If you had ypur job down everythong worked out
Pros
There is none
Cons
Its hot.
great company
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIApril 26, 2018
great company to work at fun atmosphere friendly environment low paced clean environment good insurance would recommend for any one looking for a comf
Good job just poor management
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIMarch 14, 2018
The jobs were with expectations but, I feel there was a lack of management, future growth, and very unfriendly job environment which I didn't like. I didn't for see any job advancement opportunities as I'm looking to receive in building a career job long term.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No advancements in job opportunities
Good job
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MINovember 12, 2017
Good job good co-workers bad supervisors job is very easy only bad part of job each day is the supervisors . i learned how to make truck bed covers. The most enjoyable part of the job was overtime and the co-workers.
Pros
overtime, pto
Cons
supervisors, inventory
Ups and Downs
Forklift Operator/Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIOctober 11, 2017
Its a great place to work if you are single or with a small family. Its faced paced and the command climate is great. Human resources is a bit over powered. If you have a large family your attendance points rake up fast and you wont last long unless you discard family needs and live at work only.
Pros
Command climate, work pace, location, work environment
Cons
compensation, attendance policy, Human resources
Good hours but poor management
Saw Machine Operator/package handler/assembler (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIAugust 8, 2017
Ive been here for over 3 months and havent been hired in yet. Im also being ignored for issues that are clearly unfair to many workers. The employees are great and im sure you wont find anyine that isnt in a good mood.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Short breaks, poor management, unorganized
A job
CNC Operator (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJanuary 3, 2017
A position that's good for someone in need of work. Not a work house not Google either. Good for someone who can keep their head down and start busy.
Pros
Christmas party possible bonuses
Extang Employment
quality (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJanuary 25, 2016
The company overall functions as a family. The culture in the building breeds happiness and equality. I have been here longer than expected and is because of these qualities.
long hours, boring job
Builder 2 (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIDecember 2, 2015
typical day is 10 hours four days.. seems nice untill you work their . i have around 3 hours a day to my self.. its like a revoling door.. im not to happy with how things are changing right now . hardest part of the job is the repedadative 10 hours shifts.. managment is pretty cool, if your a nice person..
Pros
free turkeys on thanks giving and paid holidays
Cons
long hours. no personal time .. work before life
Growing Company
Production (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIOctober 21, 2015
If you work in production here, you will more than likely not enjoy your job. It's primarily temp employees within the warehouse. However, if you can get an office job, you are treated very well and have tons of perks.
Working for Extang
assembler (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MISeptember 25, 2015
Working for Extang was a good experience. It is a setting where you had to work with others. It was also fast pace, both in which I excel in.
The company had no flexibility
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIMarch 20, 2015
I worked every day picking, packing and shipping orders. I learned how to use the Fed Ex shipping equipment. The management was very strict. My co-workers were very diverse. The hardest part of the job was getting boxes off high shelving. The best part was the overtime available.
Productive fun work place
Inspector/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIDecember 23, 2014
A typical day at this job was great, I've met some good people and the work environment was positive. The management treated us with respect and handle any of our problems in a professional manner. I've learned how to be more hands on with this job and my social skills are a lot better.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Extang. Our community is ready to answer.

Extang Reviews by Location