Extant Aerospace Employee Reviews

It is what you make it.
Blue Collar (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLNovember 1, 2018
Phenomenal growth for the foreseeable future. That growth has created growing pains as can be expected. The team in place is very receptive to ideas that will alleviate those pains. It does take some time however.
Management is much improved from when I started. The work is fulfilling and you should know your abilities and be prepared to utilize those skills daily as the work is demanding. I have never been forced to work OT as I have been given ownership of my product lines and work what I deem necessary to meet the commitments.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Teamwork
Cons
HR Manager needs to learn what exactly his role is. He is not as awesome as he thinks he is.
Terrible Upper Management
Test Technician/ Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLOctober 19, 2018
Upper management is unprofessional and promote unfairly within. They should be there to help all there employees instead they harass. Unless you have an internal management hookup, Stay away. Some upper management is above the law there.
Pros
Benefits, bonus healthcare
Cons
everything else
Train Wreck
Test Technician II (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLSeptember 19, 2018
This company has the absolute worst upper management team that has ever been assembled.

If you enjoy circuses with a plethora of clowns, then you will definitely love working for this outfit.
Pros
They have a termination-at-will policy.
Cons
The inmates, are running the Asylum.
Poor middle management and sneaky,conniving environment
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLAugust 2, 2018
Pay is decent compared to other jobs in the are but NOT for the workload. Management is sneaky and untrustworthy, tells your personal business. Rude hostile work environment.
Pros
Benefits, decent pay
Cons
Bad teamwork, lack of management
Great place to learn many different topics in your field
Director of Finance (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJune 12, 2018
Medium size company that competes well with the bigger companies salary structure, also allows you to be exposed to many different things. The company's flexibility is dependent on position but within reason is very supportive.
Pros
Medium size company allows opportunity to be exposed to many things.
Very busy at end of quarter
FAA Aerospace Technician (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLApril 11, 2018
There was always a big push at the end of the quarter and year. Not balanced work throughout the year. There is high turnover especially middle management.
Pros
good co workers
Cons
high turnover
good place to work
Solderer/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMarch 2, 2018
very nice place to work. great people to work with. good benefits and reasonable pay. some what laid back but do what is necessary to get the job done.
Good people but upper management is disconnected.
Document Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CAJanuary 2, 2018
Good people working in the trenches but the upper management was disconnected from the realities of the workload their employees were under. The company had "adopted" more than a dozen product lines from other companies over the past three years, increasing the workload accordingly but the upper management seemed to not realize that this was taking a heavy toll on their employee's work/life balance.
This is a fast paced company with an evolving culture
Quality leader (Current Employee) –  Melbourne FlAugust 9, 2017
If you enjoy challenges, using your creativity, able to make a difference, this a good company for you. Every day brings what some may call new problems, most of us see them as new challenges to improve and drive change. The management culture is fair, with high expectations, but it has been my experience that no employee will be tasked with challenges that they are not supported to achieve. I enjoy the folks I work with, we work hard, but we have fun. Extant is one of the most enjoyable places I have worked. I work longer hours here, but I feel a sense of accomplishment and contribution. The company is agile and not limited by big company bureaucracy. We are growing, and changing, if you embrace change and winning, this is a great place to work. If you want to come in, check your brain at the door and do tasks for 8 hours, look somewhere else
Pros
Growth, challenges, few barriers to success, great people
Cons
Growth requires long hours
used to be a good company but then it changes a lot and they can't keep up with good management system most specially when it comes to revenue.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMay 4, 2017
Lack of skilled Management team, needed more qualified workers to the job, and not elementary grade level of teamwork, some are unprofessional supervisor, with no management or any kind of degree.
Small company that's growing quickly
Assembler Technician (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLOctober 28, 2016
I have worked at a few of the companies around Melbourne and this company is similar, but has some benefits and challenges. The company seems to have changed a lot in the past couple years, but at least its growing and you don't have to worry about cost cutting stuff, layoffs, etc. Benefits are best around. Management has changed a lot in the last year, especially at the top, but this seems to be having a good affect on everything and seems like it's getting better.

Every company has good points and bad, but this is much better than the other companies I worked for around Melbourne. Co-workers are really nice and everyone really cares about helping each other.
Pros
Benefits, people and company growth
Cons
small company, so not well known
Great Health Benefits and Great Management Turnover
Employee (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLSeptember 29, 2016
This company has some of the best health benefits in the county. The company has high turnover in management positions and overall job stability is a company weakness. Almost every management position has changed in the past few years. The leadership team hasn't changed the company philosophy even though employee turnover is high and they struggle to hit their business metrics. Training and mentoring are non-existent at the company.

The typical quarter at the company is light work for the first two months of the quarter, followed by a insane push in the last month of the quarter in order to make quarterly numbers. It's worse during the last quarter when the yearly numbers need to be met.

The most enjoyable part of my time there were the community service events the company used to take part in. Now the company does very little community service.

This job taught me that when you take the time to train and trust your employees, you can be successful. When you don't, you struggle greatly.
Benefits
Cons
Job Stability, Poor Management
Potential, poor leadership, high turnover.
emploee (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJuly 7, 2016
The company just can't get it's act together. Senior management turnover is very high -- turnover in general is high. All demanding on making a revenue number at the end of the month no matter what and then you sit around for two weeks with nothing to do. HR department in general does what it can but the manager is a joke, he doesn't care & is against women in management.
Pros
good insurance plan
Cons
poor leadership, workers alway blamed
Hyper obsessed with profits
Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJune 23, 2016
Most stressful job I have ever had. Management gives the impression they are all knowing and are not open to advice from someone that has been in their type of business since before they were born. The workforce is drastically spread too thin. Their idea of "Lean Manufacturing" is to Lean on the workers for more output. I was threatened 5 times that I would be fired because I wasn't working fast enough (and then eventually fired). They are using old worn out equipment, with test fixturing that was never made for the manufacturing environment, yet pushing the workers to deliver high rates with this stuff.
On the other hand, most people working for the company are nice folks. The HR department is the best I have ever come across with all the jobs I have had.
Pros
Good benefits, pay slightly better than average.
Cons
Few freedoms on the job floor, you are expected to work beyond your limits.
Has its challenges
General Worker (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLDecember 8, 2015
lots of potential with this organization, need to get executive management to focus, need to create a LEAN manufacturing environment.
Pros
Solid market with great customers
Cons
Management needs to focus

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Extant Aerospace. Our community is ready to answer.

Extant Aerospace Reviews by Location