Extended Stay Hotels Employee Reviews

Great opportunity for growth
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEMay 22, 2018
I started out as a housekeeping at extended stay hotel which I loved, there’s always something to do to stay busy. Great employees and management. Lots of rooms for growth I left my position at extended stay as the assistant manager.
Good
Assistant Manager And Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Jessup, MDMay 21, 2018
Its was ok if you just needed a job or part-time work it was ok but at times not good people didn't do there work so others would have to pick up the slack
I loved it here!
Front Desk Representative (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 20, 2018
I would probably still be working here if I had had a choice. I loved the job, from the customers to the management. I am sure the people that were there when I was are no longer there, but the environment was great most of the time. There was an occasional upset or disorderly guest, but it was nothing that couldn't be handled in a quick and professional manner.
Loved the guest bit hayed the way it was ran and management
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Panama City Beach, FLMay 20, 2018
They would cancel reservations for people that would pay more countless nights mom's with kids would show up with their reservation but the manager had already sold their room and being pcb there were no other rooms I the town available so they had to turn around and go home. They would wait til guest left and went thru their things looking for reasons to pocket 2o0 deposits. It's the worst place I ever worked for
just a job basically
Room Attendant/House Keeping (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLMay 18, 2018
They do not clean the rooms like they should when i started the hotel was so dusty that anyone can tell it hadn't been clean in a while. Sad to say. I would come into work get my schedule of rooms and i would begin to get started and i only saw the inspector is when she came to check my rooms for cleanliness for check in of guest
okay job
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORMay 18, 2018
The work wasn't hard to do. The pace changed frequently from being fast to being slow. Direct management team was easy to work with. Only downfall was not being able to leave site for any reason.
Not recommended
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAMay 17, 2018
The pay wasn’t the best, the management was amazing. No room for advancement, not much business came through but it was very busy when it did. Not in the best location.
Great company to work for except they prefer to hire outside rather than advance their hardest workers
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  New York StateMay 15, 2018
This company is great. Good benefits & they are quick to train in other areas of the hotel. However, after being a team lead and interim gm, they still choose to hire outside the company rather than advance their employees.
Pros
Trust. No one standing over you. Appreciative to a job well done
Cons
No advamcement oppertunities even after 5 years..
not productive
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 12, 2018
i can't say it was the best job at worked at but i have worked at places worst than this establishment. the reason why i stayed for such a long was because i lived very close to the property.
Pros
non
Cons
no benefits of any kind
productive staff
Hotel Manager (Current Employee) –  Rutherford, NJMay 9, 2018
i love my staff and guest. the guest are very interesting and you meet different people everyday. i love everything about my job except the pay they need to do better to get there staff to stay.
Pros
staff
Cons
pay
Flexible
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 9, 2018
Out of the four years I was there I’ve worked under some great Managers who has shown me the necessary skills to advance in the hospitality industry. But as far as room for advancement or benefits they failed me miserably
Pros
Understanding management
Cons
Over worked underpaid
Hospitality
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAMay 8, 2018
Great management team. Very family oriented and allowed for coaching and growth. Just an amazing atmosphere. Very compensating. You do work 2nd and 3rd shift alone which can be very challenging but definitely achievable. One of the best places I have ever worked.
ExtendedStay
Manager (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 6, 2018
I started as a housekeeper with this company and was promoted within a year 3 times. If you want to move up in a company this is the company. With great leadership whom themselves starting as a housekeeper or a front desk agent has proven time and time again that they believe in growing their own.
Pros
varity of culture
Cons
depending on who is your leader
management is lazy.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 6, 2018
it was a good job. But the management is lazy and unprofessional. i loved the job. but you don't know what your getting into with each room. i learned how to take care of guests needs and give them what they have asked for.
Apply At Your Own Risk.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Washington StateMay 5, 2018
I worked as a housekeeper for 4 months. I understand that with the job you’re supposed to be quick with cleaning. But In order to clean rooms and get off at a decent times corners had to be cut and I didn’t feel good having to cut corners just to meet a deadline. I like to clean and be thorough, they just care about selling rooms. I was hired as part time and was only suppose to get about 20 hours a week. I ended up working double that. After about 2 months there I already had sick days piled up. They work you like a dog. The types of rooms I cleaned had things like crack pipes and needles in them, so not safe. Rarely got off when I was suppose too, one of the most stressful jobs I’ve ever had!! Only good thing I liked was the staff and the training wasn’t too bad. Good job if you don’t mind working in that type of environment.
Pros
Benefits and Pay.
Cons
Heavy Work Load
Laid back no hustle.
Assistant Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 4, 2018
Extended saty hotel once a guest checks in they are there for a while. This type of hotel focuses on stays and not so much repeat guest. Best for Corporate Clients staying in the city for a while.
Pros
Very laid back
Cons
Pretty decent place to work
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OH and Holland, OHMay 3, 2018
I started out in the Maumee, OH location, which I LOVED! My coworkers were so fun and easy to get along with and the manager was fantastic!
The guests were mostly businesses and they were pretty nice.

I ended up moving to the Holland, OH location a year or so later.
The coworkers were also very nice but the management was very horrible. The assistant manager was very rude to EVERYONE and the GM played favorites. She chose who got more hours and treated everyone different.

The pay is very low considering you have to run the front desk, do laundry, do light maintenance and occasionally housekeeping.
Pros
Discounts, wonderful coworkers
Cons
Horrible management, low pay, no hours
Constant Change
Account Sales (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 3, 2018
Lots of constant changes in management and expectations
3 CEOs in 3 years
Expectations and processes change frequently and make it difficult at times to follow the expectations
Front Desk
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAMay 1, 2018
Working at the front desk was fun and easy. Once learning everything the days went by smother and stuff was falling into place. There was not a lot of things i didnt like about it. i loved my job and would love to go back.
Not fun, racism going on at location I used to work at (all hispanics and white people disappearing), pay was ridiculous, & mgr was stuck up.
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  MichiganApril 30, 2018
Worst job I ever had. Not fun, racism going on at location I used to work at (all hispanics and white people disappearing), pay was ridiculous, manager was stuck up and racist.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Extended Stay Hotels. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

54out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Extended Stay Hotels.