Extended Stay Hotels Employee Reviews

Found 1,689 reviews matching the search See all 1,697 reviews
Enjoy working for ESA and great Management Team
N/A (Current Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMJune 23, 2019
I enjoy working for ESA and my manager is awesome. She is helpful, dependable and available. We recently were purchased and our new owners and making a change in the right direction.
Pros
Managment
Cons
Pay
Housekeeper/Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJJune 21, 2019
pet friendly
kitchen access
comfortable
cozy
room to move up the corporate ladder
General Manager (GM) (Current Employee) –  N Charleston, SCJune 20, 2019
there are lots of opportunities to learn new skills and room to change positions. it fun to be part of a team and all work together to solve problems and create a fun environment
Very fast pace work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAJune 20, 2019
Tips were ok but needs houseman to help with certain things the housekeepers need. It would make the job a little easier and go smoother.a also it would elevate a little stress
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Hard work on your body
Stressful work environment
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fishkill, NYJune 20, 2019
I normally worked on the weekends and performed the usual front desk duties such as checking in guests, maintaining hotel cleanliness, keeping up with audits, and many other duties.The work environment became stressful because I was normally working alone from my 3pm-11pm shift, and during the busy season, the hotel would have a range of 30-50 arrivals during the weekend I worked.
People didnt do there jobs enough hotel looked like trash
housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 19, 2019
It sucks we had to many room and then to be rush on, the floors were dirty they expected us to stop what were doing and vacuum the hallways and in the end still get mad because our rooms were not done on time
Great position for Students
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Alameda, CAJune 18, 2019
Working for this company taught me a lot about time management, and overall Problem solving in a Business. It’s a great way to meet new people from all over, and definitely equips one with the ability to adapt on a whim. Night shifts are great for students who need to study when there is down time.
Pros
Great for students
Cons
Wages
Avoid!
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJune 18, 2019
Barely got any training from the manager who hired me. Was left at the front desk at night to put up with unruly guests without any real knowledge of how to properly respond to emergency situations. Was constantly told to help with housekeeping even though I was told during the interview that that would not be part of my job. Location went without a manager for 4 months. $10/hour was not worth the stress of working here whatsoever.
Horrible place to work when management doesn't care.
Guest Services Representative/Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 17, 2019
This job should be taken only if nothing else is available. Prepare to have your schedule change without notice. Lots of favoritism and management does not care to help with your concerns.
Pros
No pros
Cons
No breaks when you're working alone and management does not show care.
N/a
N/A (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAJune 17, 2019
I would not recommend this company to work poor management and the district manager not professional and rude to the employee it’s and his lazy and garbage hotel
Okay place to work
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Covington, KYJune 15, 2019
Too small to advance within, pay not great especially the hard work you have to put in not a job to be at long term. Management team is actually great.
Pros
Free rooms and discounted rooms
Cons
Low pay
Would not recommend
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 14, 2019
I would not recommend staying or working at these hotels. From previously working as a housekeeper than the front desk, I can say the only thing the corporation is concerned with is skimping on costs - at all costs. Which just comes back to the front desk when guests are not happy. Plus you're working alone most of the time so I was usually left apologizing for things out of my control. But that customer service for you!
Pros
Some Downtime
Cons
No scheduled breaks, working alone
The worst job of my life
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNJune 12, 2019
Both Eagan, MN locations are very under staffed, very poor pay and poor management. All they care about is making money and don’t care to satisfy their guests nor employees. Also most of the guests that stay there are trash. I definitely do not recommend working at any of these locations in Minnesota... (Bloomington, Eagan south and Eagan north). They will drive you to have a mental breakdown!
Pros
Cons
Poor pay, poor management, unsanitary rooms.
Extended Stay America
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJune 10, 2019
Extended Stay America is a great company to work for. Excellent benefits and perks. Great for an entry position in the field of hospitality management.
It is ok but wouldn't go back to work
Head housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJune 9, 2019
It was ok but if had to go back n work with the two other house keepers there I wouldn't do cause they don't do their job you always have to babysit n can't ever find them even when you know where they are supposed to be
Pros
Ok management
Cons
Bad other employees
Needs improvement
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 9, 2019
District Managers are more interested in refunding people than dealing with and correcting the problems. If problems are corrected scores would improve and refunds would not be necessary. Upper management should support the General Managers who are working to build a team and run and profitable business. Give your managers the capabilities to purchase items needed to run a hotel. Do not limit the amount of inventory that they can purchase. General Managers do understand that a budget is in place however, inventory gets thrown away or taken and need to be replaced. Overall, lack of support for General Manager and Staff.
Please find somewhere else
Guest Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJune 9, 2019
I’m just gonna be blunt and honest. This location is pure garbage. All everyone do is gossip about one another and never just do their job and go home. We come here to work not talk about people in their rooms OR the employees. The management and front desk employees are very hostile and i feel like I’m not welcomed. One front desk employee Is just fake you think he has your best interest at heart but he is the biggest snake out of them all if you decide to work here, watch him. The higher management isn’t any better! She does the same thing everyone else does but “professionally”. The Gm plays favorites and gossips like everyone else and i wish I never worked here because for 11.00 pay you barely get hours AND get hours stolen from you. You can find a better hotel. And I’m not saying this to be bitter but the best thing you can do is be overnights because the day time shift and evening shifts with whoever you work with is just garbage lazy and makes you do everything by yourself. When we’re all supposed to be a “team”
Horrible
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Merrillville, INJune 9, 2019
No hours poor management rude guests management only really cared about the employees that’s been there for years and years everyone is not treated equally
Pros
Going home
Cons
the working crew and the guest
Maintenance engineer (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAJune 5, 2019
99% of the crews were fantastic (so many ladies) as for the managers, what a very hard position they have. my heart goes out to every one of them. i learned alot the years i was there,specially the many guest that came across my path, if,you love people,keeping busy, ready to assist anyone, and eager to learn,then grab the golden ring. short or long term you should come away smarter then when you joined the team...o'yes, most days speed by, one moment you are arriving for work, then you are leaving. if, i may add, the hardest part was trying to get everything accomplished, maybe i'm to attention to detail and/or i do take time to make the guest fell welcome and not a unit-number...so, good hunters out there, courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm.
Pros
i was blessed to work with so many great people, good benefits
Cons
micro managing, unless it, s ok with you
Not a good experience
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJune 5, 2019
Not a good place to work. The hotel was dirty. Upper management did nothing more than undermine the hotel management. Once GM and AGM left, upper management destroyed morale and didn't seem to care about associates or guests.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Extended Stay Hotels. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

1.7Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight