Extended Stay Hotels
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Extended Stay Hotels:

Extended Stay Hotels Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA38 reviews
Extended Stay is a good job to work at. Overall it is relaxed and easy to do although you do sometimes need to do things that are not in your job description such as helping the maids clean rooms when they don't show up or things are slow.
If you like multitasking this is a good practice job. I thought this was a good part time job. You must be dependable as they do not have staff to cover if you cant come to work for any reason. All expenses are based on occupancy.
Pays you for your time but this location so far was the worst hotel ever. Manager did not do their job at all. Felt like a cheap trap motel with disrespectful housekeeper not cleaning properly. Too many policemen coming and going from this property. You will work what your suppose to do and even do mire than your title but not get paid extra. I did housekeeping here and that was not my title. No consideration from this property at all!
Recommended only for those who wants to have experience in hospitality field. Take it as a stepping stone. They pay you less, but you will learn a lot with the amount of work they give you.
Im surprised as my ex husband and my sisters employers use to send them to Extended Stay in other states and they stated they were nice.
This place was run down. Bed bug complaints, the guests had bites. Rooms that I wouldn't stay in. Smelled and looked bad. Laundry and dishes dirty. Very scary no safety for front desk. Employees never came on time to relieve me. I finally quit to work at a hospital
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
I really wish that I cld of had a fair chance while working for this company..I love the guest and I always went above and beyond for bot only the guest for the team aswell..I started as a GSR,and moved too head housekeeping and then too Team lead..I really can say that LEARNED alot while working for this company on my owns and also rease
This place is not a good job to work for they don’t care about how they schedule you with school and they don’t really have growth in this small company
very good place to start off experience in hospitality. it shows you alot in the busineds and what to expect. helps you communicate with guest. it was a good job
working with great fellow employeesl like RUNNING MOON...LOL o The company will always get my praise for HIRING Military VETS THANKS Extended Stay America God Bless You
Pros
My fellow employees
You are to do laundry and have things neat before you go. Simple thing to handle. Guests do tend to be tricky and liars for a free room which is no such thing. Guest that’s already over staying are entitled for MAINTENANCE service from ONE person that’s job is LAUNDRY overnight.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Extended Stay Hotels?
Enjoyed the work, but co worker lack the primary language which is English. The old workers like to take prossesion of supplies yet it is given by company not workers. They catered to the women who worked there longer, which made my point not valid. Was given lack of your yet the company hired me because the rooms were not being done properly. The company has good value, just some people do not deserve leadership roles because they began to power tripping.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of work hours...given to those who have more sinority
they have a good system , good management , they give you hours managers help you if you are running behind

they let you do hours , paid off time off
I loved working with guest and the other employees. The manger was horrible did not know how to do their own work !! The general manager kept walking in guest occupied rooms and blaming the front desk! He eventually fired me for a mistake he made .... he tried to cover his mistake going into a occupied room. He made a lot of employees uncomfortable with his relationship with the Team Lead. They didn’t let anyone work morning all front desk worked evening while team leader “controlled” the morning. Guest would ALWAYS complain about management not caring and not helping. I gained a lot of self thought experience while working there an guest still remember me when they see me :) ! Overall, management is HORRIBLE!!!!!!
Pros
Guest, employees, experience
Cons
Mangers, scheduling, no breaks
My manager was one of the best managers I've ever worked with and I truly will miss working with him and some of the other staff members. The guests for the most part are great to work with especially the guests that stay long term which I will miss as well. The only problem I've had with working at this hotel chain would be that the job can be alot to take on especially if you're busy and the only person working the front desk it can be very demanding and sometimes overwhelming we are supposed to take a 30 minute break however it was very hard to do when you had to attend to guest needs and if you didn't assist them within a certain amount of time they would of course get upset. I was given the opportunity to become a full-time employee however I was moving to another state and the commute would be too far for me to be able to make. All in all the job for the most part was great but the GSR's definitely deserve to make more than what they are paid for since they basically assist with every aspect of running the hotel.
Pros
Great Management, great staff, opportunities to advance
Cons
Short breaks, bad pay
Working at extended stay meant I had to take care of scheduling reservations for the guests interested in staying with us. Also, preparing the check out bills and making sure the guests had all the amenities that they needed at time of check in and during their stay at the hotel.
Pros
My work schedule and meeting different and new people from around the world and country
Cons
-Excellent place to grow as a HouseKeeper
-Awesome team work

-Friendly people

-Helpful Management during training

-Great pay and more hours provided based on good performance
Great place to work at. I appreciated the time I was there and I would recommend it for other people. I enjoyed the time while I was there. Thank you for your time.
The type of work that has to be done is not the problem, the issue is that this company is completely understaffed. No hotel should be left to one individual person for 4 plus hours. The management team is very unprofessional across the board and they are not willing to work with their staff members about scheduling. Disorganized, dysfunctional, and not worth minimum wage.
I worked under 2 mangers and worked long shifts including weekends, sometimes i woudl ahve to work overnight shifts as well to cover someone it was fun working here
Pros
free clucn
Cons
short cbreaks
i learned how to answer phones and take care of clients efficnetly i also learned how to clean rooms and talk to new customers that came into the hotel.
Worked about 7 months in this company had a very bad experience the only reason I was working was my collage was almost over and it was a closer job for me at that time I wouldn't recommend anyone working here because it's always understaffed and when your sick you need to call out they don't really care they would suggest calling 2 days before that doesn't make any sense when your sick a day before and plus the whole time I worked there the manager would never care about the employees they would just do a quick run to the room and do their paper work and just leave and plus very low pay I got started from $9 and they decided to add $0.10 after working 5 months
Pros
Worst place to work at
Cons
Work place to work at
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Extended Stay Hotels. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8
2.8
2.9
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Extended Stay Hotels.