Extended Stay Hotels Employee Reviews

Found 1,446 reviews matching the search See all 1,454 reviews
could be a great place to stay
Housekeeper/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MO 65806October 17, 2018
The staff was a mess fighting and talk about other staff and mangenn would not take care of it. I had one staff member insault me on company property and on the clock.
Pros
free lunch hour some of staff was good pepole
Cons
the boss didn't run the hotel like a good mangament
No work life balance
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 17, 2018
Overall the company was okay. The really believed in promoting from within. The benefits were good. Upper management was rather lazy when it came to helping the managers with personnel issues, such as relief. Work life balance was awful.
Benefits
Cons
No work life balance for managers
just a job for extra money
Night Attendant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 14, 2018
will never work at extended stay hotels again, and will never advise no one to stay at extended stay hotel. Breakfast is horrible and rooms are not clean well
Steady part time job
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Horsham, PAOctober 13, 2018
The job was steady and guests and coworkers were generally pleasant. High turnover of both management and staff created some stress as we had to often relearn new ways of doing the same old job.
Pros
Free nights
Cons
High turnover
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCOctober 12, 2018
Long hours ...good employees are hard to find and good well trained managers are needed. A solid plan is also needed to take the company to the next level in the. Coming years
Strict, demdanding
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNOctober 9, 2018
very demanding and intense environment to work in. No free time to spend with your loved ones. You will be giving up time, you will alwys be at work since they are not well staffed. Above the DM'S, everyone else is very pleasant.
Pros
Cons
short breaks
Alright company to get hotel experience
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Kenner, LAOctober 8, 2018
Good hotel to start at. Staying long-term with the company really just depends on D.M.'s allowing wage increases and new job advancements. Otherwise, work/life balance is not worth low wages at management level.
Good place
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 8, 2018
The manager was good but when they change to a new manager things change we were working from 7am to 9pm no rest and under pressure we had a lot to do every days
Cons
26ooo
Im not impressed.
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSOctober 7, 2018
The only thing that kept me working there for so long is my co-workers, I have a great staff that I work with. Management on the other hand is terrible.
Pros
I loved my coworkers
Cons
Management is terrible.
overall
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAOctober 7, 2018
The company is not a bad company to be employed by. The job is fairly easy and the staff is full of life. Working at Extended Stay America also gives a person the opportunity to meet many different people.
All is circumstantial.
Representative-Part Time (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIOctober 5, 2018
I work at a very intimate Extended Stay. One where the guests have been there over 3 months. I have also worked at other locations close to Universities and I have to say the “intimate” location was the worst experience. The manager was great, very practical but had cultural differences and the assistant manager was a slacker who only catered to Black guests; meaning the place is ran many different ways when different folks are clocked in. Pay is DECENT and NOT WORTH IT. All locations are not the same but all Front Desk Agents are expected to manage housekeeping, check/keep track of rooms(whether they’re clean/dirty/need maintenance), cleaning the lobby and maintaining breakfast along with tending to guests needs. Should atleast start at 12/hour EVERYWHERE
Pros
The joy of leaving others content, discounts on rooms.
Cons
Pay is weak, slackers
Good for part time
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 2, 2018
This would be good for temp work only because it's rare you get a whole 8 hour shift. More of an extra side money type job. The particular location I was at had poor maintenance and the management wasn't the best. The pay was certainly not enough for a housekeeper, let alone anyone trying to survive in life.
Pros
listen to music while you work, no one bothers you
Cons
never have supplies to do job, not enough hours given
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Westport, MOOctober 1, 2018
To be honest I liked working at this job because when it was the busiest time of the day that was the most fun and hectic and memorable time I had at this job! Hard work was the key to making the day go by fast and exciting.
Fun work place
Night Attendant (Former Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 27, 2018
wash, dry, fold laundry, washing dishes, stocking closets.
how to do everything per procedures
laid back
getting all the dishes cleaned
working alone
Pros
working alone
Cons
management
Manager doesn't do anything but sit behind the desk eating.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 27, 2018
Very poor management. She sits behind the desk doing nothing but eat and do nothing all day. Not very understanding and wants things done her way, and doesn't worry about how your feeling, or what you need to do. Very unprofessional she doesn't need to be working there.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
No benefits and management sucks
Fast paced environment
Housekeeper/Front Desk (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaSeptember 26, 2018
I think this is a good job if you wanted to build was career from it. The hardest part about the job was probably the customers, some had very bad attitudes.
Pros
Manager was down to earth and reasonable
Cons
No security
Good experience
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILSeptember 24, 2018
I would have preferred to stay at the Extended Stay America but the position was terminated and the team member I was partnered with to deep clean transferred.
Overall Great Company
GSR Agent (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 24, 2018
This is the first Job where team work is truly team work, and everyone works together to maintain the overall property. We all have our specific positions, But should understand that assistance is needed in all aspects of work. Being a front desk agent, means being flexible... every day presents new challenges.. and its best to learn all the systems of the hotel to perform each task properly.
RUN.......Horrable place to work
Multi-Unit General Manager (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 24, 2018
I have been in hospitality for 15+ years. Nothing as bad as this one. What ever crazy stuff you can imagine its that + a million times worse. I was a multi unit manager. HORRIBLE never again.
Pros
Non
Cons
Redicilious.
not worth the effort
District Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 22, 2018
Far too many undesirable items to list. Their CEO may be about the only person that thinks the company is worth anything. It's not just poorly run, the ones that actually have power to do anything are inconsistent and self-serving. Their corporate office appears to have a permanent voicemail system. Your only option is email.
Pros
pay
Cons
everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Extended Stay Hotels. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

1.4Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight