Extended Stay Hotels Employee Reviews

Found 1,388 reviews matching the search See all 1,396 reviews
Poor Upper Management
Night Guest Service (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAAugust 15, 2018
my experience wasn't completely horrible. i had one really great manager. after she left it all went bad. co workers are undependable upper management has no idea what there doing and will let you go with no explanation even after you broke your back working for them. High stress and Drama with no support.
Kept me busy
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Great Falls, MTAugust 14, 2018
Made employee of the month within first three months of being there. Have the best housekeepers more rooms vice the slower housekeepers.management was good.clean your rooms fast and efficient you get more rooms.
Pros
Good lunch break good hours good pay
Cons
Not enough employees
A stepping stone.
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 12, 2018
I can say this company will bend over backwards for employees, but at the same time they mean business. The work itself is stressful at times but good for getting to the next level.
It’s okay
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Roseville, MIAugust 9, 2018
When I first started this job I loved it but I’ve stopped enjoying it so much when We got new management. It’s super unprofessional and not fair. They treat everyon differently. We don’t get paid what we deserve. Someone from the desk steals our tips.. just a mess
Pros
Discounts, understandable
Cons
Unprofessional, pay rate, favoritism
great place
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Mukilteo, WAAugust 7, 2018
the staff was so wonderful and understanding when my mom went into the hospital and then days later she passed away. they worked well with me to help the best they could
Pros
great staff
Cons
Too stressful and not enough pay
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Silverlake everett WAAugust 7, 2018
I have been working here for 7 months and i hate it. It was great at first until management was changed and then it got worse from there. Rooms have been trashed lately, no clean linens, closets and carts are never stocked anymore... it feels like high school all over again with are employees causing rumors about each other. They make you work when you are sick and puking at work. Most days are working over 8 hours but they expect you to not have any overtime. I have been promised a front desk postion and still never got it. DONT WORK HERE! I only started out with 11.50 and just recently got bumped to 13 because they were hiring at 14!
Pros
No drug test required
Cons
Stress, pay
No hay posibilodad de avanze
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 7, 2018
Muy buen trabajo, trabajo en equipo y los estándares de limpieza son muy avanzados y eficaces .. El empleador provee de todo el equipo necesario para desempeñar el trabajo materiales de excelente calodad
Pros
Obtienes descuentos en estadias de hoteles y parques
Cons
No tienes oportunidad de avanzar de puesto
stressfull company to work for lost 40LBS in 4 months
District Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 6, 2018
when hired you're told as the District Manager you have the weekends off but so does the GM. now you start the job and come to find out that whenever there's an issue with scheduling your Director of operations calls you and tells you to go cover and when you question why doesn't the GM have to come cover her response is it's their day off so you go in.
No Night laundry/Audit scheduled Fire alarms going off, guest trying to check in but no one is there and you get the call to go cover the GM is not bothered. So if you're going to apply get the GM position and you'll have your weekends off,LOL.
Pros
New CEO
Cons
the rest of the company from the VP's all the way down
A horrible work place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PAAugust 5, 2018
Don't work there it doesn't have a work Union and they does whatever they want Because of that. They do not care if you have an emergency they still want to work. They make you clean in bedbugs.
Nope
Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Gardena, CAAugust 2, 2018
If i knew the amount of work for my position i wouldn't have taken the job. You're asked to fit 12 hours of work into an 8 hour day. Constant struggle with time management and assumed that each task only takes 5 mins.
Pros
I lived VERY close to my property
Cons
everything else!

Want to know more about Extended Stay Hotels?

Ask a question
Great Job for college students
GUEST SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Maumee, OHAugust 2, 2018
The work is simple, and you have a lot of down time. If you work second shifts you are able to bring school work or something interesting to keep you busy so you won't be bored. For the most part I enjoyed the job, but it can be quite repetitive.
Pros
flexible hours, decent pay, easy work
Cons
management needs work, short staffed often, repetitive work
Slow place
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILAugust 2, 2018
wonderful hotel to work at. You understand what you sign up for once you get hired. Worked with people of different backgrounds and upbringings. Would suggest it
fun and social job.
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXAugust 1, 2018
A typical day a work would be checking guest in and out of the hotel. I have leaned better social skill talking to guest as they came in and out. The management team was always around to help and coach. The workplace was peaceful. The hardest part of my job wold be dealing with troubled guest, but what i really enjoyed was meeting the new people that came in.
Pros
free lunches some days
Cons
long shifts for just one employee
Sales
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Inverness, ALAugust 1, 2018
Had meetings to see what would be the targeted company for the week. I traveled to many companies local and in other cites within AL, GA and MS. Goal was to get them to bring there travel business to our hotel to stay for long amounts of time.
Starting ground
General Manager Hotel (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 31, 2018
Good place to learn and get your feet in the door. No a great career choice if your looking for entry level to higher rank. Dallas market doesn't take the time to develop employees.
Extended Stay is a good place to work
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 31, 2018
The people are incredible and the work life balance is great. I would say that this is a great place to work. Management is good and the workload is balanced.
Pretty decent place to work you encounter a lot of friendly people and customers.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 31, 2018
Over all review I like working at this hotel because I love cleaning and the management wasn't on your back plus the employees was great to work with very friendly and helpful very easy to work with plus very honest with you about everything.👍
Pros
We took extra long breaks which was great😃
Cons
We had to work extra extra hard when we was gonna have guest coming in for family reunions, and other activities.
good
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FL 33634July 30, 2018
Very Good company to work at. they provide a lot of opportunity for growth and help you to make sure you a properly trained for real life events. i would recommend this job to anyone.
Job Trainer was very Good, Management Not very experience.
Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 30, 2018
In need of better management, the job trainer and worker were very well informed about their job duties the management was young inexperience and at times appeared to be confused and under the influences’ of their local drug lords which made for a difficult work environment.
Pros
Job trainers are very good
Cons
Management not very good
not a great job
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJuly 30, 2018
I did not like this job. Management was all over the place. The job was so messed up no higher up could keep it. The managers kept changing due to unmanageable situations.
Pros
cleaning rooms, finding things to keep if customers didnt come back within days
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Extended Stay Hotels. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

54out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Extended Stay Hotels.

Powered by Comparably