Extended Stay Hotels Employee Reviews

Found 1,569 reviews matching the search See all 1,577 reviews
Lack of leadership and developement
Front desk & Team Lead (Assistant Manager) (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 17, 2019
unfortunately during the short time working with Extended Stay Hotel multiple managers were unsuccessful at managing the work load. A short staff was always common with high turn in staff, and staff were required to work extensive hours to assist with business needs. When complaints would arise from staff, the management disregarded and discredited all of them and was blatantly careless to the needs. Regardless of the leadership and management issues the staff were always caring for the customers and did the best with what resources they had to work with. Many cleaning staff resigned and management required other staff to pick up those responsibility that were not in their job description. Maintenance was kept at a manageable level to continue running hotel facility.
Pros
caring peers, maintenance facility managed
Cons
Poor Leadership/Management, excessive Hours, high stress
It was like famliy i was working with loved every bit of it
Kia housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 17, 2019
Ioved working there everyone was famliy the guest was friendly also this is a very nice place to work of u have a problem or needed help the gm micheal rudd helped u with out any question he always had a solution to ur problems he is an amazing general manager and i would recommend anyone to work for him or be a guest at his property
Pros
Love the commute to work and the people i worked with
Cons
Workers callin in
work every weekend - no recognition or raises
Coordinate housekeeping duties (Former Employee) –  Burr Ridge, ILJanuary 16, 2019
poor manager hired all her friends to fill positions, left me working every weekend front desk dealing with idiots. no raises, housekeepers are wild women with no leader like feral cats.
Pros
Cons
they all lazy
It was all about giving and not getting nothing in return.
Nite Laundry,Front Desk and Jack of all trades (Former Employee) –  Portland, OR/Gresham, OR.January 16, 2019
Corporate suck. They wanted you to go by there rules but they don't. enforce them. I was harass all the time by resident, spit on, pushed, called names. Management or Corporate did anything.
I have never been so abuse as much as working for Extended Stay by residents , Corporate, Employees and Management before in my whole like. It was good with my first management but after they left, it got worse and worse. I came to the end of my robe with this new manager and bad employees after being their for 3 1/2 years.
That Company needs a overhaul.
Pros
I love what i was doing
Cons
Corp., Management, employees, residents.
Steping stone
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 14, 2019
Extended stay america would be a steeping stone for someone that is in immediate need of a job but not looking for a career at this particular company.
Front desk Agents are not only expected to help with checking guest in and out but also expected to do laundry, dishes, trash and all duties as assigned.
benefits
Cons
work load
Could evolve with the right management, and safety requirements.
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJanuary 13, 2019
It was an learning experience, I would probably not work at a hotel like this again due to issues I, and several other employees faced on a daily basis.
Pros
Learning Experience
Cons
Unsafe
Extended Stay America is a great company to grow and improve your customer service and office experience.
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAJanuary 13, 2019
Collecting Payments
Relocating and walking guests
Method of Payment Report
Assigning housekeeping schedules
Printing and e-mailing folio receipts
Vacant Rooms Report
Microsoft Office Excel
Microsoft Office Word
It's a ok job
Housekeeper/Front Desk (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 11, 2019
The extended stay is good for people that are looking for part time work. I need full time I am also a hard worker. It is a good place for free hotel stays.
Pros
Free hotel stayd
Cons
Not enough money
working in a loving environment a typical day at extended stay
Lead Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARJanuary 11, 2019
i really enjoyed the work environment but you always have that one person that is higher in position than you that gives your job a hard place to work. that is the reason i left. but under new management, i would love to return.
interesting place to work
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 9, 2019
Meet different people on a daily basis. Have a stressful lifestyle where you are on call as maintenance instead of making sure the guest would have the necessary essentials they would need during a stay away from home.
Excellent employees and costomer service
House keeping/ front desk/ laundry (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJanuary 8, 2019
One of my favorite places to work. The employees were very loving and kind. The work was easy to learn and very detailed orenitated. Sometime there were long hours. But a highly productive environment.
Pros
Hour lunches
Cons
Dirty work sometimes
great place to work
House keeper/receptionist (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAJanuary 8, 2019
A typical day at extended stay was quite busy , I had to work in three different positions which was awesome because it kept me busy. I also learned more about customer relationship management while I worked at the front desk . overall it was a great experience.
Productive and a learning experience
Front Desk Representative/ Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 7, 2019
It is a great company to work for! It's a difficult job because you are required to do a lot. You have to be great at multi-tasking, communication, and customer service.
Company not worth working for overall
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 6, 2019
The company doesn’t train properly fails to promote within as necessary . And doesn’t stand by theirs corporations guidelines. They don’t investigate what happens before calling out a racist conspiracy.
Pros
Cons
You have to work during breaks when on shift alone
Nice cool work place
Maid service (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 6, 2019
Friendly place but the managers don't talk to you lack of communication and professionalism. I like that we help each other out it's small and easy to learn
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Lack of professionalism
Very stressful
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJanuary 4, 2019
Management is terrible, they over work you. I was part time but was being worked as a full-time employee with only one day off a week. Management doesn't appreciate employees.
Not a pleasant experience for me
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 3, 2019
Training was inconsistent and horrible. Tools to be successful were not given and promises made were broken. Had no to very little support by GM and literally left me on an island to survive on my own. The culture and morale among my peers was horrible. My property was very dangerous and unsafe. My life was threatened due to enforcing policy and I was physically assaulted by a guest. There was drugs and crime daily at the property.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Company leadership team and culture
Extended Stay is very productive and put together.
Housekeeper, Maid (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 2, 2019
I sometimes would work from 7 am to 10 at night filling in for other peoples shift.or i would work my normal hours from 6am to 3pm but either way i enjoyed accomadating my boss so we could get the job done i love cleaning its my passion i clean my own home 3 times a day. It helps meditate my mind it keeps me focused. The only thing i hated was when my manager had to be transfered to another extended stay the managet i had dropped my pay from $10.00 to $9.25 but other than that i loved my job.
Pros
oversll its a good place to work
Cons
we did have short breaks like 15 min if its a good day 10 if its a busy day
Productive environment. Sometimes stressful but fixed quickly with team work and good leadership
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 1, 2019
Great management teamwork. Co-workers and trainers make the day easier with initiative and team work. Wouldn’t have liked more hours but overall great working experience
Horrible company to work for
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 1, 2019
worse company ever I have been here four years and I am sick of the way that things are run here, they give you no staff to work with, all they care about are scores and reviews and no matter what you do if the guest writes a review and its bad you are wrong no matter what, you have no work life balance always on call can't ever make a plan with friends or family because if someone calls out you have to cover the shift had to lose 40 dollars on a date with my girlfriend because of being on call. stay away from this place I am so ready to move on and get away from extended care
Pros
free nights and time off
Cons
lazy management expects you to make miracles happen with limited resources

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Extended Stay Hotels. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Extended Stay Hotels.

Powered by Comparably