Extended Stay Hotels Employee Reviews

Found 1,479 reviews matching the search See all 1,487 reviews
Front desk worker!
Hotel Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MINovember 13, 2018
Speak up no matter what! I worked there for just about 2 years. I stayed as long as I did because of the guest. My manger was okay, I didn’t like how they basically wanted us to work for free. Try to get over! Not in me because I wasn’t having it but they did try. It was best when you’re alone working the desk than when management or anybody else there.
Pros
The guest, that’s it!!
Cons
No raise, if so it’s like 10cent, can’t level up, favoritism, manager lie sometimes to cover up instead of being honest.
I love working at extended stay america
Housekeeping/ Janitor (Former Employee) –  Carnegie, PANovember 10, 2018
I love working at extended stay america.it was where i learn bout house keeping .i also love the people that i work with.i would recommend this job to anybody that want to work in hotels
Lousy Upper management that cannot stick to a realistic plan
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 9, 2018
Upper level management would constantly be changing direction. There was no real plan, if there was, they would change it within 3 months of launch it. They never understood that each unit would have to operate differently depending on numerous demographics
Pros
co workers
Cons
upper level managment
Extended Stay was a stressful environment with little support.
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 8, 2018
I had the three to eleven shift. From five in the afternoon until the next morning i would be the only person on shift. The plus side is that i could work at my own pace and not have management breathing down my neck. The down side is that i had no support. if there was an emergency i would have to make the judgement call. the problem is that if management didn't like your decision you could get penalized.Considering the fact that i was alone I would be unable to take my unpaid lunch without having to work
too fast of pace
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WANovember 8, 2018
Poor management, always understaffed but exciting meeting and working with new people. Met new friends. Subbed at other hotels while working at Lynwood property.
Pros
learned many skills
Cons
too understaffed
Fun Place to work
Hotel Receptionist/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNNovember 8, 2018
Checking in guest and attending to their needs. I learned how to deal with hostile situations involving calling the police and removing guest. You will be expected to manage payments and the hotel while the Manager is off site. Guest are mostly laid back and when you have a good team of employees it is easy to work their.The worst part of the job is the pay. It's not enough o live off of.
good place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VANovember 7, 2018
they have a good system , good management , they give you hours managers help you if you are running behind

they let you do hours , paid off time off
A small company that I enjoyed working for
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 7, 2018
Managing a small site
Opening and closing the resort
Inspection of all rooms
Work task force from Fort Lauderdale to West Palm Beach
Manage site cash deposits from previous days work
Pros
Responsabilities
Cons
having to leave site to deposit prior days cash intake
Productive and caring
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORNovember 7, 2018
I enjoyed working there management and staff were always caring and understanding there were plenty of hours and it was fun to work for the customers were always great and always enjoyed our help
Pros
Hour lunches
Cons
Slow season not enough hours
Needs a lot of improvement
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILNovember 7, 2018
It is a place where the mission and attempts are great but the possibility to actually meet the motion and reach the goals is very poor. Need a totally new drive to a totally different direction.

Want to know more about Extended Stay Hotels?

Ask a question
I Liked The Job
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VANovember 6, 2018
I really did like working here but the management was horrible. Half of the day as a housekeeper, I had to help the manager with computer stuff and still do my rooms. No one paid me to do that and they became comfortable asking me to do work that I wasn't being paid for. They also gave me all the animal rooms because I'm an animal lover. Ok, Thts fine but everyone is not clean with their animals. I should not have to clean pop cause someone left there dog in the room too long. I had to go.
Guest service
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VANovember 6, 2018
In weekend sometimes Team Lead and Manager don't come, I have to manage the whole property with housekeeping, maintenance. I learned a lot of things from ESA. how to deal guest, how to manage work place in friendly way. Management is fine. Work place culture is ok. Hardest part is to make everyone happy. and most enjoyable part is when guests say that they are happy for the service.
i hope things have changed.
Night Laundry Associate (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CANovember 5, 2018
i would come to work as everyone else left, and get to work on the day's laundry. the laundry was often more than could be done in one night, and it would end up looking badly on me, even if i have been pushing the machines as hard as i could. i would set up the breakfast bar come morning, and leave when the first coworker arrived.

night shift does not suit me well.
Pros
i had a very quite shift through the night
Cons
i had a very quiet shift through the night...
Esa
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaNovember 5, 2018
ESA is a good place to work if you are content in staying in the same position with minor adaptations to your job role every year. Do not expect to be motivated by a bonus.
Pros
Mon-Fri job
Cons
Negative culture in the sales environment
Laundry Attendant
Housekeeper and Laundry Attendant (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 3, 2018
Stocking of linen, loading and unloading truck with linen. Work as part of a team. A flexible schedule including weekends, holidays. Monitor laundry supplies and equipment to ensure they are sufficient and in working order.
Managenment
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 3, 2018
I was very comfortable with the management team about shifts, time off, or need some training they all were persistent on all matters that were discussed.
Pros
Working extra shifts
Good Company Low Pay
District Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesNovember 2, 2018
Title says it all, get overworked for what they pay. If they paid more and had sizeable staffing to ensure adequate operations the company would easily begin picking up more traction and have higher retention rates.
Horrible company
Guest Service Representative/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 2, 2018
When I got hired they job was great but the general manager retired and new management was very unprofessional and rude. I brung unfair qualities of management To he attention and regional manager attention and nothing happened.
Benefits
Cons
Management wasn’t the best, guest we great !!!
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Germantown, MDNovember 2, 2018
I loved working with guest and the other employees. The manger was horrible did not know how to do their own work !! The general manager kept walking in guest occupied rooms and blaming the front desk! He eventually fired me for a mistake he made .... he tried to cover his mistake going into a occupied room. He made a lot of employees uncomfortable with his relationship with the Team Lead. They didn’t let anyone work morning all front desk worked evening while team leader “controlled” the morning. Guest would ALWAYS complain about management not caring and not helping. I gained a lot of self thought experience while working there an guest still remember me when they see me :) ! Overall, management is HORRIBLE!!!!!!
Pros
Guest, employees, experience
Cons
Mangers, scheduling, no breaks
Was very slow and boring
Night Laundry Representative (Former Employee) –  Thornton, CONovember 2, 2018
I worked nights doing dishes and laundry. It was so slow-going, and I'd usually finish all of my tasks long before it was time to go home. I would clean the office, organize shelves, and make sure everything was ready for the next business day. 9
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Extended Stay Hotels. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Extended Stay Hotels.

Powered by Comparably