Extended Stay Hotels Employee Reviews

Found 1,574 reviews matching the search See all 1,582 reviews
Giving the customer service to this staying
HOUSEKEEPING (Former Employee) –  Springdale, AR 72764January 22, 2019
Making sure the customer is safe and secure to stay there. And their stay comfortable. Make sure there room is clean, home away from home. And you ate there to serve them.
Pros
Working at a reasonable pace.
Cons
Having unhappy customers
ESA Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington StateJanuary 22, 2019
Pretty awful salary for the amount of work you put in, and you never really clock out because employees constantly call you with questions or need you to come in because someone is sick etc... Summers are a nightmare.
Pros
Friendly coworkers, good benefits
Cons
Salary, feels like you never really "clock out"
Inviting environment and people
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Somerset, NJJanuary 21, 2019
A typical day at work is interesting, you never know what kind of guests you'll interact with. I have learned to put others before myself. Management is good and the culture of the workplace is inviting. I can't really say what the hard part of my job would be because I don't think my job is hard. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the guests smile.
Fake News
General Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 21, 2019
Deceived at interview. Staff that you can find to stay are dedicated workers. Upper management needs to walk is talk. Keep favoritism off the job. Set up your management to succeed not fail.
Pros
7 free nights
Cons
No balance between work/ home life
Fun.friendly enviroment
Hotel supervisor.GSR (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COJanuary 21, 2019
Working here showed me what a good rekationship with coworkers to helping costumers feel like a honw awau from home learned alot from this place very good energetic environment
Lack of leadership and developement
Front desk & Team Lead (Assistant Manager) (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 17, 2019
unfortunately during the short time working with Extended Stay Hotel multiple managers were unsuccessful at managing the work load. A short staff was always common with high turn in staff, and staff were required to work extensive hours to assist with business needs. When complaints would arise from staff, the management disregarded and discredited all of them and was blatantly careless to the needs. Regardless of the leadership and management issues the staff were always caring for the customers and did the best with what resources they had to work with. Many cleaning staff resigned and management required other staff to pick up those responsibility that were not in their job description. Maintenance was kept at a manageable level to continue running hotel facility.
Pros
caring peers, maintenance facility managed
Cons
Poor Leadership/Management, excessive Hours, high stress
It was like famliy i was working with loved every bit of it
Kia housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 17, 2019
Ioved working there everyone was famliy the guest was friendly also this is a very nice place to work of u have a problem or needed help the gm micheal rudd helped u with out any question he always had a solution to ur problems he is an amazing general manager and i would recommend anyone to work for him or be a guest at his property
Pros
Love the commute to work and the people i worked with
Cons
Workers callin in
work every weekend - no recognition or raises
Coordinate housekeeping duties (Former Employee) –  Burr Ridge, ILJanuary 16, 2019
poor manager hired all her friends to fill positions, left me working every weekend front desk dealing with idiots. no raises, housekeepers are wild women with no leader like feral cats.
Pros
Cons
they all lazy
It was all about giving and not getting nothing in return.
Nite Laundry,Front Desk and Jack of all trades (Former Employee) –  Portland, OR/Gresham, OR.January 16, 2019
Corporate suck. They wanted you to go by there rules but they don't. enforce them. I was harass all the time by resident, spit on, pushed, called names. Management or Corporate did anything.
I have never been so abuse as much as working for Extended Stay by residents , Corporate, Employees and Management before in my whole like. It was good with my first management but after they left, it got worse and worse. I came to the end of my robe with this new manager and bad employees after being their for 3 1/2 years.
That Company needs a overhaul.
Pros
I love what i was doing
Cons
Corp., Management, employees, residents.
Steping stone
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 14, 2019
Extended stay america would be a steeping stone for someone that is in immediate need of a job but not looking for a career at this particular company.
Front desk Agents are not only expected to help with checking guest in and out but also expected to do laundry, dishes, trash and all duties as assigned.
benefits
Cons
work load
Could evolve with the right management, and safety requirements.
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJanuary 13, 2019
It was an learning experience, I would probably not work at a hotel like this again due to issues I, and several other employees faced on a daily basis.
Pros
Learning Experience
Cons
Unsafe
Extended Stay America is a great company to grow and improve your customer service and office experience.
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAJanuary 13, 2019
Collecting Payments
Relocating and walking guests
Method of Payment Report
Assigning housekeeping schedules
Printing and e-mailing folio receipts
Vacant Rooms Report
Microsoft Office Excel
Microsoft Office Word
It's a ok job
Housekeeper/Front Desk (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 11, 2019
The extended stay is good for people that are looking for part time work. I need full time I am also a hard worker. It is a good place for free hotel stays.
Pros
Free hotel stayd
Cons
Not enough money
working in a loving environment a typical day at extended stay
Lead Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARJanuary 11, 2019
i really enjoyed the work environment but you always have that one person that is higher in position than you that gives your job a hard place to work. that is the reason i left. but under new management, i would love to return.
interesting place to work
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 9, 2019
Meet different people on a daily basis. Have a stressful lifestyle where you are on call as maintenance instead of making sure the guest would have the necessary essentials they would need during a stay away from home.
Excellent employees and costomer service
House keeping/ front desk/ laundry (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJanuary 8, 2019
One of my favorite places to work. The employees were very loving and kind. The work was easy to learn and very detailed orenitated. Sometime there were long hours. But a highly productive environment.
Pros
Hour lunches
Cons
Dirty work sometimes
great place to work
House keeper/receptionist (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAJanuary 8, 2019
A typical day at extended stay was quite busy , I had to work in three different positions which was awesome because it kept me busy. I also learned more about customer relationship management while I worked at the front desk . overall it was a great experience.
Productive and a learning experience
Front Desk Representative/ Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 7, 2019
It is a great company to work for! It's a difficult job because you are required to do a lot. You have to be great at multi-tasking, communication, and customer service.
Company not worth working for overall
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 6, 2019
The company doesn’t train properly fails to promote within as necessary . And doesn’t stand by theirs corporations guidelines. They don’t investigate what happens before calling out a racist conspiracy.
Pros
Cons
You have to work during breaks when on shift alone
Nice cool work place
Maid service (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 6, 2019
Friendly place but the managers don't talk to you lack of communication and professionalism. I like that we help each other out it's small and easy to learn
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Lack of professionalism

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Extended Stay Hotels. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

1.4Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight