Exterran Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Worst place I ever worked at
Director - Global Logistics (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 12, 2018
Management was a joke. No leadership- all about politics. Results didn't matter- only company politics did.

Spent more time in meetings than doing actual value added activities. Run- don't walk away from this company.
Pros
Cons
Pretty much everything
Poor management
Tactical buyer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 8, 2018
Normal problem solving, typical management not always honest, work environment business casual, work instructions lacking, work is repetitive and not very challenging,
Pros
Consistent
Cons
Management inconsistent
productive
Field pump and engine mechanic (Former Employee) –  Pampa, TXApril 10, 2018
Fast paced with strong work ethic.Productive days. Team participation from employees. Willingness to learn multiple job duties allowed me to expand my duties. Lots of overtime.
Productive and safety palce
Assembler Fitter Senior (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 8, 2018
Punctuality
Safety
Make analysis of risk
Filling up JHE before to start to working
Good culture about housekeeping
Team work culture
Training on work about highs elevation work
Pros
Free luchs when no accidents
Cons
No pay raise
good place to work
Millwight (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 27, 2018
normal day starts off with a safety meeting and getting directions on what needs to be done for the day. once the meeting is over you gather your tools and you to your assigned area for work.
Pros
money is good
Cons
layoffs
Awesome place to work
Assistant HSE Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OkMarch 22, 2018
Even though this company has be bought and sold several times the atmosphere is off the charts. The employees that work there are wonderful, and management is out standing.
Pros
everything
Cons
I was brought in as a contractor and not offered a full time position
Texas - Facilities/Real Estate Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 20, 2018
.As mentioned I was brought in as a contractor on a temporary basis and not offered a full time position which makes it difficult to assess them failry
Friendly place to work.
Project engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 20, 2018
Friendly work culture and very experienced engineers willing to help and guide entry level engineers. Great opportunity to get design and hands on experience.
Worst job ever
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Carrizo Springs, TXMarch 11, 2018
Don't work in The oilfield it robs you of your family life and they spit you out when the lay offs begin. I almost died working 100 plus hours a week and they didn't even care about their employees. Management sucked too.
Productive and fun
Billing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 5, 2018
Typical day included supervising team of 6, generating invoices, creating reports. Family like atmosphere. Management team was great. Most enjoyable part was working with the wonder staff.
Quality Senior inspector (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77041March 5, 2018
it's a great company to work for if you are planning of spending 10 to 15 years performing the same task. Before you get a promotion or need to be a full time employee. Not contract, to even be consider for any managing or lead position.
Pros
n\a
Cons
n\a
not a bad place to work until things got slow.
Designer IV (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXFebruary 28, 2018
Exterran was a good place of employment. I enjoyed working for them until the split. When the Company split and we become Archrock it seemed as though the plan was to centralize all of the Engineering and Drafting to the Houston location which in turn left me without a job.
Field Service Tech
Field Service Technician Senior (Current Employee) –  Yukon, OKFebruary 24, 2018
If you like long hours, not spending enough time with your family & being stressed to the point of having health issues, this is the job for you!! Enjoy.
Nice place to meet different kind of people
Manufacturing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 22, 2018
Great atmosphere to work in, I learn a lot with this company. I would recommend this company to my friends. A lot of people here has a ton of experience and you will learn from them.
99% of the people are great!
EA to President, Global Services and SVP Exterran (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 16, 2018
So many meetings. it is a 24/7 type of job because of the overseas offices. expect everyone to always be checking emails, etc. Very heavy calendar driven company. Need to be anticipatory and read minds! The people are great to work with.
Pros
Relaxed work hours
Cons
Feel like it is always 24/7
Remote controlled company
Piping Designer 3 (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 9, 2018
Successful local company was taken over by out-of-state corporation. Corporate headquarters dictates hiring and firing over-riding local managements desire.
Pros
multinational
Cons
remote management.
Worklife Balance
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 18, 2018
Not your typical professional work culture. The executive management team has changed so there were improvements. It will take time and process changes for the company to reach a normal operating environment.
Field mechanic Tech. SR. (Former Employee) –  Sonora, TXJanuary 17, 2018
During my work there I provided preventative maintenance by changing bad valves in compressors. I had to change oil filters, plugs, and PM engines. Sometimes driving as far 300 miles in a single day. I was available at a call at all times for over time and call outs. I was involved with safety at all aspects of the job. With the company demanding that all employees have professional work ethics. The job provided all employees with mandatory safety talks about our jobs, for example how to safely tag out, lock out engines to be worked on. The most enjoyable part of our job was family vacation time off. The hardest part of the job was the long hours, and working in foul weather conditions. However, the company is there to serve the customer, with the best part of the job keeping clients happy with low engine down time. I learned a lot about the wiring on the engines and how to replace faulty parts. Workplace culture was challenging due to the personal cultures that each individual brought to the workplace. Each person unique in his own way, bringing all his knowledge and then learning to work in the best and safest possible way for the benefit of the company and all employees.
Pros
good pay
Productive and busy.
Assembler II (Former Employee) –  Columbus, TXJanuary 8, 2018
I enjoyed working at Exterran for the most part. I believe management was great and it was such a team effort company that everyone felt like family there.
Good money and benifits
Natural Gas Compression Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 5, 2018
Lack of communication with management. Work is fast paced and if you strive for perfection and a great bonus, you have to work hard and put in long hours.