Exterran Employee Reviews

good place to work
Project Controls Lead/Planner (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 19, 2018
Great place to work. Really enjoyed the time there. We were a tightknit team and had challenges and it worked out well. Loved the team and the environment.
Pros
good company
compression
Gas Compressor and Gas Pumping Station Operator (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMSeptember 11, 2018
visit location and perform operators reading of flow rate ,pressure readings and document , repair if any is need corrected , learned how to work with different customers of what they needs checking on daily visits , managements is good and had good communication , good workplace to work , hardest part of job is getting called out during night time back to back , due to customers production of malfunctions , enjoyed the hospitality of working with good people
Pros
yearly safety luncheon
Cons
all was felixable of taking breaks
Fun work place
Tech 3 mechanic (Former Employee) –  Out of Fairfield TexasAugust 26, 2018
I enjoyed the freedom that you have. Everyday is a new day always different. The hardest part of the job was engine overhauls. The most enjoyable part of the job was no one looking over your shoulder. More independent at this job
Pros
Free lunches, dealing with the custumers. Call outs
Cons
callouts all during the night
Good place to work, Braum's right across the street.
TIG, MIG, FLUXCORE Welder (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 14, 2018
6:00 AM to 5:30 PM or later. Gained further experience with TIG and Fluxcore welding. Management needs to understand employees have lives outside the workplace. Hardest part of job is squeezing yourself into tight places to do TIG welding. Once a year Exterran would host a game day with water dunking booth.
Pros
Blue Bell ice cream facility right across road would deliver free ice cream all summer.
Cons
Have to have a note from doctor or facility you had an appointment with, felt like management did not believe you had a real appointment without note.
Awesome
Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 6, 2018
These guys had grown up by the time I joined. They merged with Universal Compression to become Exterrran. Was pretty good, but suffered a great deal of management change....like most mergers.
Pros
Good people and tools
Cons
Too much leadership turnover
Non Productive
Buyer/Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Alleyton, TXJuly 21, 2018
Job was stressful, to many changes, nothing stayed the same and never stayed consistent
Management was poor, They didn't seem to engage with their employees, just a number to them.
Facility was very out dated.
Dealing with co-workers that didn't want to learn from me being that I had been there for 30 years and was only trying to help them to succeed.
Working with employees that had been their as long as I had they were family to me and they felt the same way.
Sometimes management was difficult
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  West VirginiaJuly 18, 2018
Over all a good place to work, When they shut down shops on the east side and changed there name, they brought a lot of people from Texas with them and it replaced a lot of good men. Everday they where dead lines to meet, We were able to overhaul a unit about one to two a month, witch was very good.
Pros
pre-diem
Cons
No respect
Great pay. With horrible managment.
Welder/ Fitter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 16, 2018
Was a good paycheck. They don't communicate with their workers, in the sense that if you are doing something the wrong way. They will simply let you mess it up. To the point where you get written up and fired.
Pros
Paid lunch time.
Cons
Super strict in everything
Started out fun.
FIELD TECH II (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJuly 13, 2018
There are a lot of awesome people that work for this company, But there are just as many bad decision makers. This company was very top heavy and made poor decisions in regards to technicians.
Production and safety oriented
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Harcourt, IAJune 24, 2018
A structured company to work for. Am proud and fulfilled working 15yrs growing my career. Exterran is the leading gas compression company to compete for in terms of technical expertise,technology, manpower development and core values.
Enjoyed working here.
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKJune 13, 2018
I worked with a great group of men and women. I had great mentorship that was offered to me without solicitation. I made and have great friends from my time with Exterran.
Worst place I ever worked at
Director - Global Logistics (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 12, 2018
Management was a joke. No leadership- all about politics. Results didn't matter- only company politics did.

Spent more time in meetings than doing actual value added activities. Run- don't walk away from this company.
Pros
Cons
Pretty much everything
Poor management
Tactical buyer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 8, 2018
Normal problem solving, typical management not always honest, work environment business casual, work instructions lacking, work is repetitive and not very challenging,
Pros
Consistent
Cons
Management inconsistent
productive
Field pump and engine mechanic (Former Employee) –  Pampa, TXApril 10, 2018
Fast paced with strong work ethic.Productive days. Team participation from employees. Willingness to learn multiple job duties allowed me to expand my duties. Lots of overtime.
Productive and safety palce
Assembler Fitter Senior (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 8, 2018
Punctuality
Safety
Make analysis of risk
Filling up JHE before to start to working
Good culture about housekeeping
Team work culture
Training on work about highs elevation work
Pros
Free luchs when no accidents
Cons
No pay raise
good place to work
Millwight (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 27, 2018
normal day starts off with a safety meeting and getting directions on what needs to be done for the day. once the meeting is over you gather your tools and you to your assigned area for work.
Pros
money is good
Cons
layoffs
Awesome place to work
Assistant HSE Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OkMarch 22, 2018
Even though this company has be bought and sold several times the atmosphere is off the charts. The employees that work there are wonderful, and management is out standing.
Pros
everything
Cons
I was brought in as a contractor and not offered a full time position
Texas - Facilities/Real Estate Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 20, 2018
.As mentioned I was brought in as a contractor on a temporary basis and not offered a full time position which makes it difficult to assess them failry
Friendly place to work.
Project engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 20, 2018
Friendly work culture and very experienced engineers willing to help and guide entry level engineers. Great opportunity to get design and hands on experience.
Worst job ever
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Carrizo Springs, TXMarch 11, 2018
Don't work in The oilfield it robs you of your family life and they spit you out when the lay offs begin. I almost died working 100 plus hours a week and they didn't even care about their employees. Management sucked too.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Exterran. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about