Extreme Networks Employee Reviews

Great company and solutions
Systems Engineer - Southern Region (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CASeptember 11, 2018
Most presales engineers are teleworkers which offers many benefits and flexibility. A typical day involves working with the sales team on current opportunities or identifying new ones. Other activity involves maintaining customer relationships. Great place to work.
Pros
Culture and products
Cons
Smaller company makes it harder to crack large enterprise deals
Not a good place to work as part of acquisition
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHJuly 9, 2018
Extreme Networks does not treat employees from acquisition well. Avaya was acquired by Extreme Networks in 2017 and the former employees were laid off one large group after another without mercy. It does not reflect well on Extreme Networks.
Great team of People
Corporate Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHJune 7, 2018
I worked with people that really cared abouting helping customers, partners and colleagues. Senior management has done a great job with acquisitions over the last few years.
productive, decent work life balance
VP Engineering (Current Employee) –  Salem, NHJune 4, 2018
Most enjoyable: working with my team and building culture of Excellence, Execution and Innovation.
Being part of complex organization sometime slow down decision process.
Pros
Thursday: pizza, beer, wine
Cons
complex decision making
Very confusing time there now.
Contract Engineer (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHMay 9, 2018
Great company to work for when things are stable. Things are pretty up in the air these days. They just cleaned house so there are many loose strings. They will find their way and things will get better. It would be nice to see things turn around.
Pros
Pay was good people were very professional.
Cons
No clear direction passed on from upper mgmt. This deficiency impacts work life balance
OK place to work
Extreme's management (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHMay 7, 2018
There are a lot of good people at extreme, the company has bought divisions of brocade and avaya and will have to wait and see how the integration of those companies works out.
Pros
lots of good people
Cons
cafeteria is poor
not the place for collaboration
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 16, 2018
If you're looking for a place to collaborate ideas and be innovative, this company is only interested in doing everything the same old way (which didn't work so out so great then and won't now)
IT engineer
IT Infrastructure Engineer (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCFebruary 26, 2018
Great work environment. No bosses just great leadership.
Flexible work hours
Great company events
Break room on every floor
Free refreshments
Clear company mission
Ok job
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHFebruary 14, 2018
Co-workers at my level were very supportive and helpful. Training was lacking as the company acquired other companies. Job stability is currently questionable.
Fun place to work
USCAN Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHFebruary 8, 2018
Great place to work. The Extreme team is very welcoming!!

The company offers its employees lots of team building events. On Thursday afternoons the employees gather in the cafe for beer Thursday and team building activities.

Senior management updates the employees quarterly regarding the state of the company.
Pros
Beer Thursday :-)
Cons
Management take credit for employee work
Service Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCFebruary 2, 2018
No longer as fun place to work.
Managers go behind employees back and take credit for someone else's work.
Managers are not open and upfront with employees.
Pros
Good people for the most part
Cons
Poor management
Very productive
Compensation Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 31, 2018
My stay with Extreme was as a consultant. I worked on job analysis, market pricing, survey analysis, incentive design, sales compensation design, and job architecture.
Pros
Good management team, supportive
Career Advancement Opportunities
Professional Services Engineer (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHNovember 13, 2017
Extreme Networks, provided me with the opportunity to advance my career. The company rewards hard work with opportunity and job advancement, and the technology is unequaled in the industry.
Training & Course Development Contractor (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHNovember 9, 2017
I was a contractor. This rating was based on my 1 year experience.

As a contractor, even though you sit amongst the employees, you need to remember that you are an outsider. Everyone I know or met there during my time were professional, smart, and would help you with any question that you needed answering.
Pros
Extras. Free snacks, coffee, soda. They provide social atmosphere weekly to get people to out of their job areas.
Cons
My manager was more about self than team. I do not think this is true of other management
Good workplace and balanced
Service Planning & Logistics Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 24, 2017
Nice company to work with, growing but need to challenge employees more to advance in their career and learn new technologies to stay ahead in job market and improve operations efficiency.
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
need more challenging, should promote thinking out of the box work culture
Great startup
Manager, Systems Engineers - PreSales (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 12, 2017
Extreme has changed quite a bit since I was there. My review is outdated and is most probably irrelevant. However, if you like small companies and the culture of knowing everyone then it's a fun place to work
Productive and fun. Hard-working and rewarding
Senior Recruiter (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCAugust 10, 2017
The dynamic leadership vision and the efforts of committed employees and contingent workforce help Extreme culture feel like a much smaller, and newer organization.
Good Product, Great people
Director of Systems Engineering - Northeast Region (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 14, 2017
Enjoyed working there due to the people I worked with. Good product that you could stand behind. Executive team is all about the bottom line no culture. Company has lost focus on what they need to be in the market.
Fun company culture with regular employee gatherings and casual environment
REGIONAL SALES ENGINEER MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJune 13, 2017
Designed corporate voice, video and data networks partnering with a great Sales Rep. Promoted to Regional Sales Engineer Manager and hired six experienced Sales Engineers to partner with newly hired Sales Reps. Provided expert resources to my team by way of Product Marketing presentations at your regular meetings. Interface with Exec staff in Extreme as well as Exec management of customers in support of a sales win. I learned Management skills from an excellent Management team and received great training both in Sales and Technology. The workplace culture was work-hard, play-hard. The hardest part of my job was when their flagship product had engineering design flaws in the hardware. I had many meetings with Customer Execs to keep the temperature down while we worked out a fix. The most enjoyable part of my job was supporting my team with positive outcomes.
Pros
Good, supportive technical environment with a casual feel
Cons
Product issues impacted our sales
Extreme Networks
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCApril 3, 2017
Extreme Networks is a wonderful company with many hard working and great employees. During my time there, everyone was very friendly and very helpful all the time. The company made sure that it's employees were always taken care of and that they were best suited to get their work done.
Pros
Company cares for its employees