Extron Electronics Careers and Employment
Work happinessScores based on about 81 responses to Indeed's survey on work happiness
Extron Electronics, commonly known as Extron, is a manufacturer in the professional AV (audiovisual) market.
You’re seeing all 22 jobs at Extron Electronics because we can’t find any available jobs at Extron Electronics close to Ashburn, VA at the moment.
Salary estimated from 78 employees, users, and past and present job advertisements on Indeed.
What is the best part of working at the company? climate controlled building and no union. What is the most stressful part about working at the company? If you work in building #3 you will be micromanaged no matter your skill level. Be prepared to join the group on being afraid Of Hr. What is the work environment and culture like at the company? Building #3- Micromanaged, no discipline with hourly hand soldering personal. All final assembly personal is allowed to listen to i phones, while following work instruction on the computer, high rate of reworked performed from final assembly aera to hand insert (wave soldering) and smt. I if you are Asian dissent, you will be able to fit in better. What is a typical day like for you at the company? Depending on the (bubble) you may have a full 40-hour schedule or no work at meaning you will be busy or bored.
Everyone, and I mean everyone: vp’s, middle mgmt., sales team, support staff, clerks, cleaning crew…. All operate on HR is coming. No one helps you or directs you to the right resource. There are no definitive job descriptions and when I asked for ‘general specifics’ no one was willing to give them. I once received a ‘verbal warning’ becuz I didn’t wash my bosses coffee cup like the owners staff does for him. 😐 I didn’t know that was expected of me and when I brought up that this would be a good time to set some daily, weekly, monthly expectations…the answer is no. It’s where all motivation and initiative go to die.
Horrible library environment as a work place. Literally have to sneak eat at your work station and ZERO talking. Absolutely horrible atmosphere. Would not recommend
Working at Extron was amazing for the beginning of my marketing career. I was able to work with professional world-leading engineers and was a part of a close-knit team of communications professionals.
Management likes to over promise monthly delivered parts to the customer then blame everyone and everything for not meeting production goals. More concerned about monthly kaizan and hazard reports that actual production. Lots of machines sitting idle because they cant get material to the machines fast enougH
What would you say about your employer?
People have asked 28 questions about working at Extron Electronics. See the answers, explore popular topics and discover unique insights from Extron Electronics employees.
Insights from 33 Indeed users who have interviewed with Extron Electronics within the last 5 years.
Mostly background, give brief overview of your past work experience.
1) What type of person I do not get along with 2) Knowledge of coding languages 3) Knowledge of electrical components 4) Knowledge of Quality Assurance concepts 5) Am I a team player or do I prefer to work alone 6) What my greatest strength and weakness is in the workplace
Select a topic to see what people are saying about different issues
- Professional developmentExplore skills and training, pay raises and promotions and management and culture.
- Mission and valuesExplore company values, community, the relevance of the mission and moving on.
- PTO and work-life balanceExplore PTO allowances, work-life balance and flexibility and parental leave.
- Work from homeExplore work from home during COVID-19, remote work support and work-life balance.
- Parents and caregiversExplore parental leave policies and other benefits, company culture and general support.
- Internships and graduate programsExplore support and satisfaction with programs for new and emerging graduates.
- COVID-19 responseExplore leadership during COVID-19, working conditions and WFH support.
- Accessibility, Disability and AccommodationExplore employer support and available accommodations for people with disabilities.
- Extron Electronics