Extron Electronics Culture reviews

A solid work experience
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAApril 16, 2019
The people I worked with were the best. They hire likeable people. Management was very reasonable and did the right thing for their people.
The pay was competitive with other companies.
Pros
A growing company, good benefits package
Awful work environment
Application Engineer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 4, 2019
Top executives lack vision and direction. They paid a consulting company lots of money to drive the development of a new product only to cancel it shortly before launch. Also flip-flopped on whether or not to sell a different version of that product even when customers were asking for it Wrong/incompetent people in key management roles
Middle management is full of pencil pushers who have been conditioned to only do what they are told to do. No initiative and no independent thought to the point where even small-talk with their reports seems like a challenge
Company culture is based on rigid and antiquated rules that seem to be meant to instill fear rather than provide a safe and friendly work environment
Everything is a secret. Managers have no scruples lying to their reports about already known "secrets"
No career growth or development. You get told to go to a conference or training without being consulted or even asked whether it has any benefit or not IT setup and rules hinder work progress and sometimes block it
Great Place to Work
Inventory Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 12, 2018
Extron was a great place to work. It was a small place, but everyone helped each other out. Management were great an easy to talk to. They also had great benefits.
Assertive and fast-paced, solutions-driven manufacturer
Education Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CASeptember 5, 2017
Superior product engineering and support, wanting to keep its customers for life. Employee corps is young and very talented. Workplace culture is very structured and fast-paced, with an confident and assertive work atmosphere and management style. Employees are challenged to stay current with a very broad line of products, over 1,300 engineered products and many other passive components. Company enjoys strong solutions partnership with its customers and very high customer loyalty as a result.
Pros
Top product line in this technology field, very talented workforce
Cons
Operating style and workplace culture are very structured
Excellent work environment
Applications Engineer (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 31, 2017
Extron allows for a very good work life balance and the pay, while not be amazing, is sufficient. I was always impressed by management and always enjoyed interacting with my coworkers. This is a great job if you want a work life balance that slants towards life more than work.
Pros
Work life balance, coworkers, culture
Cons
Work can be tedious at times
High productivity in fast-paced environment.
Shipping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAApril 7, 2017
Typical day spent monitoring activities of subordinates.
Learned not to criticize management decisions.
Workplace culture promoted unquestioned teamwork.
Steady safe place to work
Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJanuary 20, 2017
Extron is a solid company with a bit of old school culture (you still have to clock-in to work even if salaried). Importance is given to working your full time per week rather than on whether work is done.
Pros
No overtime required
Cons
clock-in daily
No Comment
Cable Assembly Engineering Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CADecember 9, 2016
Major focus on teamwork.
Very important to work well will team members within the department as well as team members from other departments,
Stay away!
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 25, 2016
The only thing that's worse than working for Extron is being homeless and starving. Other than that, stay where you currently are and wait for another opportunity to arise. I wish I would have followed the advice online from several negative reviews. I ultimately had to pay the price. Also don't apply if you're not male, Christian, right-wing conservative and white. Again, stay away, hellish work culture of distrust.
Pros
If you're a robot and hate autonomy this is your place
Cons
Public shaming, cameras anywhere, absolutely no innvation, controlling HR, people regularly get fired for no reason from one day to the next, If you have family and you rely on this job, it can put a major strain on your entire life
Nice clean work environment
Electronics Tech at various temp jobs (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 3, 2016
A typical day involved soldering and de-soldering components on circuit boards. The hardest part was learning a few procedures that were difficult. The most enjoyable was hat I did learn how to do it. The co-workers were very friendly.
Pros
Nice work environment
Cons
very short temp job
Porductive and easy getting along with management
Assembly Lead and Wave Operator (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAOctober 6, 2015
.a typical day at work busy as always
.learn a lot new thing everyday
.co-worker are getting along just fine
.the hardest part of the job when get busy
.the most enjoyable part of the job all product come out good
Pros
annual picnic awesome
Cons
short break time
Great Place to work
Applications Engineer (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CaJuly 27, 2015
Great People, and they put you through a great set of classes prior to get you accustom to everything. Which is a great learning experience and job preparedness.
OK work enviornment
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAFebruary 26, 2015
needs a management make over but its a nice place to work, great people, not the best place to learn. Gets to a point where work gets repetitive. overall, cant complain.
Sales Department is a wonderful environment with great management
Regional Accounts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJune 16, 2014
Very much enjoyed working for Extron's Sales Department. They treat employees very well, and provide great benefits. It was a wonderful working environment, and very professional.
The Show Must Go On!
GRAPHIC DESIGNER / SIGNAGE PRODUCTION (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJune 4, 2014
Extron exhibits at over 60 tradeshows worldwide every year, from small conferences to large scaled Las Vegas mega shows. My typical day at Extron would consist of attending pre-show meetings to go over concepts and designs, production times, and shipping dates. Our tradeshow signage department responsible of designing and producing all signage for our US, Europe, and Asia offices consist of only myself. This requires me to careful balance out my schedule to meet all signage needs around our offices worldwide. Along with designing and producing signage I also am our company signage installer which requires me to install large wall graphics and vinyl decals to our tradeshow booth (see website for videos). Our signage department also became responsible for company training event signs which requires posters and display signs on a weekly basis. Extron Electronics recently opened a new restaurant at it's Anaheim, CA office headquarters. Periodically the restaurants needs events posters mounted and t-shirt designs which is also part of my job duties, it is safe to say I keep busy on a daily basis. Meeting with vendors is important for me to make sure the quality of our signs is high and pricing is competitive with other vendors in our area. Although this may seem or sound like a ton on one persons plate I find that planning and communicating makes the job easier and the shows a success.
Pros
Great Company, Successful Company, Low Employee Turnaround
Cons
Too Corporate
I'd rather urinate on an electrical fence while having a root canal than work here
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMay 30, 2014
This is not a workplace, it is a plantation of zombie slaves.

Your movements are carefully monitored and controlled. Creativity and out-of-the-box thinking is not allowed. Had to clock in, even though I was salaried. If your shift starts at 9am, dare not show up at 9:05 or even 10 minutes late from lunch or men in black will come visit you (40 lashes). I had heard the stories thru the grapevine, but still took a job here because I don't judge a book by it's cover. Bad mistake. I observed no career advancement and while some of the managers are great, most of the leadership is clueless and HR runs the place like the Kremlin. Oh wait- The ONLY acceptable excuse for missing the year-end Christmas party is if you are dead, otherwise you get terminated. The time I was here I met some really good people in the ranks, only to watch the company break them down into zombies or watch them quit. They do pay pretty good though, above industry average. I guess part of the master zombie order to keep you from leaving. If you desperately need the $$$ just be forewarned, otherwise my advice is to just stay away from this place.
Pros
Above average pay
Cons
Politics and zombie slavery
My experience at Extron
Engineering Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAApril 3, 2014
Overall management and HR see employees as potential threats, not assets, so employees are constantly worried. I worked for the Project Management team. Be aware of the supervisor of this team. She’s a wolf in sheep’s clothing. My experience is only limited to her. The rest of the people I worked with were great. There are a lot of politics here and they promote a closed communication relationship. There’s a lack of trust in this company and definitely not a place for career growth. They don’t really have innovative solutions nor do they foster a culture of innovations.
I had an extremely pleasant experience working here for the first eight months or so. My manager, the manager of Engineering Project Managers told me how great I was doing and all of a sudden, she turned around and changed. I had several encounters in which, she raised her voice, and treated me in a non-professional way. She ended up taking me to HR, where we establish that I am to
1) Not leave my desk for anything other than restroom or meetings
2) Not have a meeting or talk to anyone in management without he presence or knowledge
3) Check with her and make sure she's aware when I have conflicting meetings, even when one is more important than the other
4)Say Yes to whatever she wants

Here is just ONE encounter I had with her:
Met with the manager . She verbally attacked me.
I asked whether or not I should have a meeting for two projects’ integration. She opened up the meeting notice and in a very offensive, elevated tone, asked me why I had so many directors involved in that meeting. I
  more... explained to her that one of the directors was the PM for that project, the other had been upset in the past for not being involved and wanted me to include him on all meeting notices that had to do with that project and the third I did not invite, but rather his employee forwarded the meeting notice to him.

In an elevated tone, she told me that protocol is if I invite one director, I invite others and that’s the reason why a director was upset in the past. (This company is top heavy, this statement means I’d have to invite at least 15 people! ) Then she attacked me at a personal level and asked me why one specific PD director was invited. Before I could even respond she was interrupting me. She said “I don’t care, DO YOU UNDERSTAND?” In a very abusive, unprofessional tone. I tried several times to respond to her to make her understand why I had invited the PD Director, who had happened to be the Product Manager for the specific product. She interrupted me every time saying “No see , no buts, you do what I say” . Those were her words. I finally got up and drew a picture for her on the board with the names on circles and their roles, it was then that she understood that one particular individual was part of PD and not Engineering and therefore we needed his counterpart on the other program, The PM , in the meeting. She said “I didn’t realize the individual was PD” and continued on ..

In the same meeting, she verbally abused me for leaving a meeting early. I explained to her that as a team (project) we had decided that I was going to attend the meeting for the first half and ask the team if they had anything for me and if not, leave. She said she does not want any of her project managers leaving meetings early and I was being rude. She then went on to say that “I don’t care if …. (THE PD Director) thinks something is too technical and decides to leave, you work for me and you stay”
After the fact, I asked a co-worker for her input, since she was in that meeting . She said “ She can be like that, we all know it. We all used to that.”
To work in a company where employees are used to being abused is no fun and no one should go through it.

When conflict was going on, I decided to use it as an opportunity for growth. The specific manager, made my life living hell for that month or two duration. It got to the point that I would start my day with a great attitude and the closer I got to work , the sadder I would get.
I highly recommend you to stay away from this team.
Pros
The pay is ok
Cons
Lack of respect, trust, open communication
Productive and fun workplace
Tradeshow Warehouse Clerk (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJune 21, 2012
Management and co-workers are great people to work with. I love working here, although the pay isn't that great.