ExxonMobil Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,474 reviews matching the search See all 1,869 reviews
Unorganize
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Channahon, ILJuly 15, 2018
This place is slow at supplying you with the tools needed to perform your job, unorganized, and indecisive in certain matters. I was suppose to be there for a 1-year assignment. After much less than a year of working there, my manager came to me at the end of the week and notified me with no prior warning, that they no longer required my services. I was ushered out of the place like I was a criminal. Before this, I had received no complaints about my work of any kind.
Great temporary or second job
Cashier - Associate (Former Employee) –  Estero, FLJuly 14, 2018
Co-workers and management were great. Very caring and attentive of their workers treated you like family. Mornings and Lunch hours are busy because it is right off the highway but not a stressful job at all.
productive workplace
Scaffold Builder (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXJuly 14, 2018
pushed me to take pride in my work. Learned how to work with other people, and to work safely and how to be a productive worker. strict on safety but for good reasons.
Pros
Near to home
Cons
very strict.
Excellent Employer
Trademark Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 13, 2018
A solid company with great career paths! Great benefits with a generous pension plan, 401k, and Roth Savings account. Very good health benefits with flex spending accounts.
Pros
Great benefits
Monitoring Technician (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 11, 2018
Management is horrible. They are very dis functional and picks with employees about anything that is not important to job task. ExxonMobil partners with them to help but it’s not working
Exxon Review
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Goose Creek, SCJuly 11, 2018
I worked for an Exxon in the Charleston area. I was fortunate to work through this particular company as it had an excellent team. The employees were friendly and motivated and the store was always kept clean (by me and the rest of the staff). This was a great part-time job for a little extra source of income.
N/a
Fire Watcher/Helper (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 10, 2018
Its a great place to work if you don't mind working in the different weather conditions and also don't mind gettin dirty and work hard. Its a good way to make great pay, they are very big on safety and very strict. But if you follow the rules of the plant, then you will be fine.
Pros
You take 3 breaks. And cool downs in the field. Hour long lunch, great pay
Cons
They strict, any little thing can get yu fired
Good place to work. Good benefits
Sr. Extruder Operator (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GAJuly 9, 2018
Overall this was a good place to work.Had a great team to work with. At times the job could be very demanding and sometimes had to work in high heat for extended periods of time. Always kept hydrating fluids in the area.
gas clerk
3A ExxonMobil gas clerk (Former Employee) –  Chadron, NEJuly 6, 2018
The job itself is great. Easy enough to get everything done, as long as the truck order has been done right, witch is too often not done right. As for the employees, they are all very nice. As for the way the store is managed, it could be done better. When you can't take a sick day because nobody wants to ever cover. When I am throwing up all night long in the store in front of costomers, I feel the it's the managers job to make sure things like that don't happen. And then while we are already short staff as it is, half of them have gone on vacation this week. Leaving 2 employee's working everyday occasionally pulling doubles when others are unable to work their time or don't show.
Pros
Clean, friendly, fast service
Cons
No sick days, talking about fellow employees
Not worth the time
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Belle, WVJuly 3, 2018
It is not worth the time and effort to go into how bad it was working at the Quincy Exxon. Fact of the matter is they go through emplyoees faster than any place else I know of in my area, that is how bad it is there.
Enjoyable with exceptions
Driver / On-Point (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJuly 3, 2018
Split shift limited contract
Did not work directly for Exxon Mobil Worked for construction company as sub contractor making it difficult to please every one as no was on same page
Pros
Time off during the day
Cons
Split shift - Rain outs
Great Company
Timekeeper/Billing/Cost Analyst Starcon (Valero (Former Employee) –  Chalmette, LAJuly 3, 2018
All around great company with great value. There isnt too much to say. The benefits are awesome and the company truly stands behind their mission statement.
Productive and busy
CUSTOMER REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Lutherville-Timonium, MDJuly 1, 2018
Best Boss to have
Very busy location
Lots of lottery costumers
Learned how to be food certified
Learned how to deal with gas spills
Learned how a gas station opens and closes
Learned how to work on cars
Safe Drops are important
Pros
Was able to work on my car
Cons
Cashier gets very busy
Typical day
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, ILJune 29, 2018
The typical day, I would arrive 10-15 minutes early (my job ethic)I would count my drawer, talk shop with customers, count cigarettes, clean the floors, face product, take out trash.
Pros
got to work at my own pace
Cons
worked alone for most of it, didnt really feel safe at times
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Howell, MIJune 28, 2018
It was nice working with coworkers. I enjoyed my work, my manager was awesome, I loved working with the people I did. They were super flexible. The night shift was my favorite shift. The hardest part sometimes is when the person doesnt show up for their shift and when their are difficult customers.
A company that gives back
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 27, 2018
ExxonMobil is a company that gives back to the community. They have taught me a lot since I've been there and I enjoyed working with many of the folks I've met at ExxonMobil.
Fun place to work, not very good management
associate (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILJune 27, 2018
Great place to work for as far as ownership. Fun environment, decent workplace and home/life balance. Management needs a little work. Shows a little bit of favoritism.
Pros
Flexible Scheduling
Cons
Management favoritism
No more gas stations
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOJune 27, 2018
I will never work for another Mobil again. May not ever work for another gas station again because of the bad experience I had. The management had employee relations which caused them to move higher up. Disgusted by what is allowed to go on.
Opportunity for Advancement
SSHE Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Goleta, CAJune 26, 2018
ExxonMobil is a fast paced, competitive environment. It also allows the opportunity for advancement for those willing to work hard and follow the company rules. First class benefits.
Horrible went out of business
Exxon store manager (Former Employee) –  Cold Spring, KYJune 24, 2018
Never go there. It’s shut down now I never would ever recommend them to anyone or send them business they sold out to another company and let everyone go