ExxonMobil Employee Reviews

Great early compensation, stellar benefits; few work promotions
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 21, 2018
Forced rankings and ill-equipped managers create a lack of trust. All employees work hard due to the ranking process, yet many lose motivation as they quickly fall in potential despite strong output.
Benefits
Cons
Lacks advamcement opportunities; depressing work environment
Lovely clients and coworkers
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXJune 19, 2018
I really had a connection with all of my clients and they made me want to stick around. Our compensation was poor, and when I wanted to discuss PTO in accordance with contract I was told I was given the wrong contract to sign so it doesn't count. Just FYI this was a personal training job at ExxonMobil through Optum.
Pros
Loved my coworkers
Cons
Our managers were out for themselves.
N/a
Pipe-Line Controller (Operations) (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 19, 2018
No review for this company at this time. At this particular department, no room for advancement and promotion. Management is sometimes clueless to the overall culture of the department
productive environment
Invoicing Specialist Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 19, 2018
Exxon is a friendly environment that will allow you to grow while still performing your current job. The most enjoyable part of the job is that your are able to work from home when applicable.
Piping , Civil , NDE and Documents
Site Quality Coordinator (SQC) (Former Employee) –  Sabine Pass, TX, Russia , Lake Charles LouisianaJune 18, 2018
ExxonMobil was a good Company to work for.
Safety Leadership was excellent.
Management treated me very good.
My overall experience working for ExxonMobil advanced my knowledge in Quality Systems and Russian requirements.
Pros
Excellent Conditions and work invorment.
Cons
Long waits before Remobilization
na
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, OHJune 18, 2018
They were poorly ran due to management. Nothing was done about people not coming to work i didn't receive the pay for third shift. Vary unsanitary place to work
Stressful
Store Manager/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 15, 2018
I worked for an independent Exxon company and not Exxon Mobile. They did not provide benefits. The required overtime for store managers and did not compensate for that. They did not provide adequate monies for employee recruitment.
Technically challenging environment
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 14, 2018
Enjoyed mentoring younger engineers, providing engineering surveillance of engineering contractor firms engaged in major XOM projects and gaining/applying expertise in XOM Standard Practices.
Pros
Professional Environment and serving as owner representative on major engineering projects
Cons
Budget constraints
It has been many years since i work for Exxon and that it was also private owned.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Ripley, WVJune 13, 2018
Typical day can be getting numerous paper work done by hand. Nothing was on a computer when i worked for them. Getting deposits ready for the bank if i had any to do, counting the money for are petty cash box and getting change for it. Keeping the store clean, stock, and organize. Keeping the coffee fresh.
Working In a Convenience Store
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 10, 2018
Lots of public interaction; all types of dispositions. Manager's attitude was unpredictable from day to day, depending on if the Regional Manager was on site.

I was actually robbed once.
Comfortable place to work at.
CAD Designer (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CAJune 7, 2018
I was on loan to ExxonMobil from my parent company Jacobs Engineering for 10 years. We had a continuous service agreement with Exxon to support their Pipeline Engineering Group. Although I was not an Exxon direct employee, I always heard good things about their benefits package etc.
productive and fast work place
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJune 6, 2018
it was fast work place. great benefits. wonderful management. employees were great. fun place. pay rate was good too. advancement opportunity . no lunch breaks
Pros
great benefits and salary
Cons
no breaks, longer shifts
working at exxon
Infrastructure Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXJune 6, 2018
It was a great experience working under Ms.Cathy, I learned the importance of working with a team. Every day I learned something new rather it was inventory or computer refreshing she made sure that I got everything together before we moved on to the next task. Also while at ExxonMobil I learned the importance of safety. With out safety in a large campus such as that people would be injured all the time. Safety, teamwork, and hard work are the memories that were imbedded in my mind while at ExxonMobil..
Terrible Management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 6, 2018
Management was terrible they were rude and unprofessional to employees. Racism played a major part in working there and it effects the work place when you are being judged.
Pros
Cons
Unprofessional
Good Place to Work
Credit & Treasure Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dominican RepublicJune 6, 2018
It was a excellent company for work, with good oportunities and and excellent organitational culture, i loved the travel opportunities too. I really recommended this company.
Frustrating
Agile/SAFe/Kanban Transformation Coach (Former Employee) –  BudapestJune 6, 2018
Hired to Coach Teams in Agile for product support.
Corporate Management had chosen inappropriate Agile frameworks.
Agile Maturity sessions with teams indicated team dissatisfaction with lifecycle.
Friendly team members and onsite management
Pros
Efficient IT Support
Cons
Corporate Management
n/a
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDJune 5, 2018
I was overworked for the pay I was receiving. I left the company because I had to relocated due to personal commitments at the time, and I am glad of the occurrence.
Productive and competitive
Company Rep (Former Employee) –  Lagos, GUJune 4, 2018
Its very challenging where one employee is allow to coordinate 2 to 3 job descriptions.
Team work is a key drivers and safety is very high on employees to when you see something you say something.
Pros
Very good condition of service
Cons
employee are always placed on short term contract
Peace at store
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Rex, GAJune 4, 2018
Too easy for me to work with the store and have fun too friendly with the peoples. I'm was under the table... I like to make a money as credit for myself
Great location and people
HSE Advisor - Platform Jade (Former Employee) –  Equatorial GuineaJune 4, 2018
i cannot say anything bad or wrong about the project jade i worked on in equatorial guinea.

great people, location and environment to work in. awesome!
Pros
Great people and positiion
Cons
Projected ended due to the price of oil