ExxonMobil

ExxonMobil Employee Reviews

United States3,406 reviews

Found 3,406 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,634 reviews

Fun work place

I can talk about typical night instead, because here I how to work over night. We had a young manager who was also cool but serious when it come to work. you have to be there and on time. The hardest part of the job was when there was no customer showing up; and the most enjoyable was when it got busy.

Great work life balance minimal growth

Great pay, work life balance, and work from home flexibility although I’ve heard this is very dependent on your role and supervisors. Moving up in the company has gotten worse in the last year due to mandatory lay offs and people quitting. They’re just trying to fill empty roles instead of giving you new opportunities even if you are a high performer. Maybe this wouldn’t have been an issue 3-5 years ago when there were enough people to do the work. Too many managers not enough engineers.

ExxonMobil insights

Based on 1,256 survey responses
What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Great internship

Provided me with real projects and responsibilities that gave me a true look at my future at the company. Provided about $3k per 3 months for housing/moving costs with no other benefits but base pay was very good.

Constructive engagement, wealth of experience and adequate compensation

A contractor brought an item outside the spec of the technical specification . Unfortunately there was unwarranted and not returnable after it is unpacked.The multi-dollars was rejected and the contractor was blacklisted. The job of hardware coordinator requires being diligence and meticulous. The culture of the company requires the asset managers to be very observant, pay critical attention to details and be up and doing

Pros

Capacity buildings as the job functions required

Cons

Re-deployments within a short notice in case of urgent situation but with inconvenience allowance

Beaumont is a soul sucking location

Avoid working in the Beaumont area if you value your sanity. No advancement unless you’re a local 9 times out of 10 and no management support. Also, minimal communication and doing things the hardest way possible.

Very Excited

I am about to start this job on Monday, the manager was very kind and the staff were, too. It’s great pay and it’s very easy work. Only manual labor is cleaning bathrooms and taking out trash. Wish it had more benefits.

Pros

Manager, staff, pay

Cons

Not many benefits

Great People

Teams are well educated and dedicated to their work. The best of the best in employees.Inclusion and diversity of people and thought are supported and encouraged.

Excellent and hard working people; poorly managed and poor culture

ExxonMobil is proud of their ability to attract and hire top talent, which they do, although lately they are focusing only in very few schools and cultures. They have excellent programs for people development such as courses, and they identify top performers immediately, providing them with more opportunities for growth. Competition is very stiff and the ranking system, while meant to be objective, it is not. The recent upgrade to the ranking system allows for large deviations in ranking from one year to another, basically dismissing long-term performance and becoming a “one-year contract” type of deal. Most employees I have talked to do not like or appreciate this seemingly nonsense type of ranking system. Large company with proud heritage but lagging in technology development/application and slow to react to meaningful changes in the business environment; more of a a laggard with respect to most of their competitors. Good benefits, overall likely around the median benefits with respect to competitor companies, while Exxon claims that their quality of people is more like the 90 something percentile, which is likely true. Overall a good company to start a career with, no longer an attractive company to retire with, except for the “selected” few. Could provide significant travel opportunities!

Pros

Quality of people, reasonable flexibility program

Cons

Way behind the times in way of thinking, slow, laggard

Slow pace work space but fun interactive

Slow pace work space but fun interactive. I made a Lotta new people every day which is a fun thing but it does get really slow sometimes sometimes it’s really busy but it really just depends on the day. But it’s a pretty chill and laid-back job

Pros

Tips

Cons

Na

Great place to work, always Learn new things

Exxon Mobil was probably the best company that I have ever worked for. The communication was great, I never had a problem with my coworkers. Best teamwork ever.

Good pay, benefits and job security

Good place to work. Strong safety culture. Great Benefits. You always know your schedule. Plenty of overtime and good vacation from day one. Pay is good.

Good Career Job

Don't ever expect to be promoted unless you spend years being a Brown Nose and humiliating yourself daily. It is Expected by Management. Doing an Exemplary Job only sets a higher bar for their Expectations of your performance.

Cool place to be

People who work there are the best always felt like family . Steady work , safe environment , customers are always friendly and smiling hardly never any complaints full service shop for automotive repair and pm oil change, propain ,gas ,beer snacks soda coffee prices are reasonable , great people to do business with

Pros

Television in break room

Cons

Short breaks

Nothing to do

As an intern, I was told I would be working on an entire project validating some equipment for subsea deployment. To no fault of the company, the project was delayed and I was left with nothing to do for the majority of the internship as my supervisor was extremely busy. I passed the time setting up emails and completing random tasks. The last two weeks I was involved with a testing procedure for some equipment and that was actually interesting. I just wished it came sooner so that I'd have something more to show for my time there.

Pros

Salary, coworkers, mentor

Cons

idle time, not much to do

Busy work

It can be nice at times but management do bring it down. Currently the new contract is not worth coming on. If you like 2 years of probation and 5 years to top of to not much.

Fun workplace

Depends on the company you work for.. it is hard sometimes because you have to work not matter what.. rain, cold, super hot days they doesn’t care … 😩😩

Phisically demanding and long hours

A verry fast paced place but the work is verry straight foward. You only have to memorize hand signal for numbers and parts of scaffolds and not be affraid of heights.

Laid back job for teenagers

Very low pay long hours no respect and will try to accuse you of money being missing Very fast paced in daytime. Laid back on midnights but they expect you to clean the outside of the gas station as well as the inside and it was full of mice Infested

Bad & Good.

BAD: Yearly Performance Assessments are used to target individuals who management and supervisors dislike. ExxonMobil is not a company that embraces new ideas or viewpoints. Diverse backgrounds and thoughts are discouraged and punished. Discrimination is rampant against veterans and older employees. Pay raises only go to the board and you will be reminded daily that you are replaceable. There are no training courses for anything that you will be tasked with doing or given responsibility over. There is no career development or career guide- no structure. Most supervisors have little to no experience managing people and it shows.GOOD: Paternity/maternity leave policy

Failure to uphold hiring bonus

Initially it was every 60 days then it went to payout on the 5th of the month so instead of getting the bonus pay as promised you really get it 90 days later and thats if you stay on management about it, also it should be noted $1,200 should not take a year to payout.

Pros

None to report

Cons

Constant schedule change, pay issues, low pay rates

good place to work

good place to work, lot of opportunities to learn and management is nice to employees. Have good benefits and PTO, vacation holidays. Overall it is a good place to work.

Pros

benefits, Pto

Cons

No cons

Common questions about ExxonMobil

Answered by current and former employees at ExxonMobil

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ExxonMobil. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at ExxonMobil.
Powered byComparably

Compare ExxonMobil with

ExxonMobil reviews by popular job title

• ExxonMobil