ExxonMobil Pay & Benefits reviews

Found 646 reviews matching the search See all 3,268 reviews
very good
Customer Service Representative - Circle K (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 6, 2019
it's very busy and laid back to have as a job. they have good benefits and awesome reliable people to come over after your shift you have to clean bathrooms and stock the cooler if need. the hardest part of the job is trying to stop customers from stealing, the most enjoyable part of the job is that most of the customers are sweet and kind. I learned that customer service is very much for me
Good experience
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Itasca, ILSeptember 4, 2019
The upper management is real good and understand the employees situation
No benefits
No overtime
But it’s good to work here
I like to deal more than 100 customers per day
It’s good but no career in this
Great experience
Cashier Supervisor (Current Employee) –  7 mile and MeyersSeptember 3, 2019
It's been good working here at Mobil gas station
I've never been happier It's been good for the pass 3 years of being here. And more to come my position allows me to be ready
Exxon has been loyal to it's employees
Production Revenue Analyst - Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 3, 2019
Exxon has been loyal to it's employees. The company demands a lot and the company has great benefits. The only flaw that I saw in the company, I thought they didn't allow you to grow within the company. I believe Exxon has a system that predicts how far you will advance within the company based on the school you attended. I believe that's a mistake. I believe continue to improve throughout their career regardless of the school they attended. Last, Exxon paid for their employees education but has the tendencies of letting there people go work for their competitors versus recognizing their advance degrees.
I work for a private owned Exxon so i guess that is why management sucks.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SCSeptember 3, 2019
When I first started to work there my manager was great. Than about 8 months after I was there she started to talked about ppl behind there back and smile in their face. (She is fake) she quit about 9 months after I started. Than we had no manager and only 2 employees which was me and another coworker which had been there for about 1 year so me and her worked alot of hours. I opened and she closed the store yes very stressful but we did it until the dm hired 2 ppl. Well they hired a manager which didn't know anything she had no experience for managment she even told us. So she quit within 2 weeks because she missed 3 days in a row and called out on the 4th day and she was told not to come back if she did not come to work that day. Because manager are salary paid. So than we was manager less again well me and my coworker that had been there for over 1 year and a half thought the dm would of came to one of us and see if we would step up and be the manager. Well they didn't and one of the new girls that was there 2 weeks went and asked them and she got the position. Remind you she is 22 and has no manager experience. And me and my other co worker worked for this company for over a year and when no one was there to work me and her ran the store by ourself so the store didn't have to shut the doors. So to me that is wrong and I still make what I was hired at I have not gotten a raise and neither has my coworker. They dont care about there employees at all. If they did me and my coworker would of been told we appreciate everything you are doing and we are thankful. But nope nothing  more... at all no thank you no raise ,no advancement, No discount. When our store got robbed and a year ago the owner didnt even call and see if the cashier was ok. Just so disrespectful if I was a owner I would of first asked about my employees not how much money did they get away with. You have insurance for a reason money can be replaced a life can't. The only good thing about the job is customers and the local police department they come and check on us every day and I would say atleast 2 times in day light and 5 to 6 times at night some times sit there for and hour or so at night very thankful for that. And dont think you get a break because that dont happen unless you have help. The only reason I'm still there is because I have Bills to pay. But once I find something else I will give my 2 weeks.  less
Pros
Close to home
Cons
No breaks, poor management, no raise, stressful, treat staff poorly
Needed some work.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grantville, PAAugust 29, 2019
I worked at a privately owned Exxon by the Hollywood casino. The place violated tons of food safety regulations and employees deserve way more money. I worked there for over a year and I worked hard, but I still never got a raise. Co workers were lazy and childish, management barely even existed, and I didn't even get breaks.
Pros
Half off hot food, flexible scheduling, nice coworkers
Cons
No breaks, no benefits, bad wages, unhealthy conditions
Good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Port Huron, MIAugust 27, 2019
Its a good place to work and be and tge peiple there are really nice. I ended up being a cliemt base and i really loved seeing thwm weekly. I would work there again if given a chance
Worth the imbalance of life and work?
Research Co-Op (Former Employee) –  Clinton, NJAugust 26, 2019
Lots of benefits and long term benefits for staying. They work you like dogs until that point. So it's up to you if it's worth it. The older employees have lots and lots of vacation, but the younger ones is really hard to take off more than a few days more than national holidays. Lots of places to move though, physically and positionally.
Team oriented culture. Priorities on safety integrity.
Operator (Former Employee) –  Santa Ynez unit Ca.August 24, 2019
Great company for career advancement, excellent pay/ benefits. Overtime work is highly encouraged. Work life balance can be tough. Job location requires a moderate to long commute!
Pipe welder
NAGOF Furnace Project/ Combo Welder (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXAugust 22, 2019
Super Saftey conscious company. Good pay. Descent benefits. 40hr company. Good place to work if you live near by. But entering plant property the traffic is horrible.
Awsome management
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 18, 2019
Awsome management. Great place to work although the pay isn't the greatest schedules are very flexible if you're looking for a second job or just looking to go back to school
Great
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Henrietta, NYAugust 14, 2019
The pay is decent and the hours are good. I love my schedule and the people that work with me. I can see long term with Exxon Mobil and hopefully a promotion in the coming years.
Great pay and benefits
Packaging Operator (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSAugust 9, 2019
They are very very good company to work for. Exxon has great benefits with great pay, matching dollar for dollar 401k up to 7%. You earn 12 hours of vacation each month you work. They only thing I had to relocate from my home city in Louisiana to another state, but there is potential to get back home after a year.
Would recommend as entry level
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Thomasville, NCAugust 8, 2019
Would recommend this for someone in highschool but not for someone who is needing full time hours. This job doesnt offer a constant schedule so you never know what days youre workimg until sunday of the week before
Exxon
Refinery Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 7, 2019
Awesome company to work for excellent benefits and the training was very detailed and helpful. I enjoyed working for Exxon and refer anyone to work for this company
Good job
Gas Station Clerk (Former Employee) –  Taftville, CTJuly 29, 2019
Job was easy. Run cash, lottery during certain times, stock and clean. Graveyard shift, you get some crazies every once in awhile but if you’re know to put out coffee, cops will stop by to check on you regularly; they’re pretty much your only customers besides truckers.
They’re VERY strict when it comes to safety, I actually left because I became pregnant at the time and was no longer allowed to do certain things at my job (lift salt buckets to salt parking lots/climb ladder to stock top shelves or clean ice cream machine) thus making other shifts have to pick up my slack, so I helped train a replacement and quit.
Job was very easy otherwise, management was wonderful. No way to advance though, management would either need to move or pass away in order for you to rise up the totem pole.
Pros
Paid lunch break, Secret Santa
Cons
Minimum wage, no benefits unless management, no advancements
Good pay, poor work-life balance
Application Engineer (Current Employee) –  Spring, TXJuly 21, 2019
7% company contribution to 401k (i.e. not a match) and competitive salary. Poor work-life balance (avg. 60+ hours/week). Relatively secure job with company policy to redistribute talent during down turns.
Great company
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXJuly 20, 2019
Wonderful work environment and culture. Great work / life balance. Fair compensation. Collaborative and supportive. Fun onsite events and amenities. Safety first
Pros
Cons
Hr
Its a job.
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Waynesboro, VAJuly 20, 2019
Manager was excellent. Always a team player. The pay could be more. Easy work just on your feet all day. If you're a busy place good luck getting any breaks if you are by yourself. Overall good company.
Forced rankings drive the culture
Analyzer Specialist (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJuly 16, 2019
Hourly and salary employees have two completely different work experiences particularly with respect to benefits and potential growth prospects. It's almost comparable to working for two different companies.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ExxonMobil. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

35%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss