EY

United States2,692 reviews

Found 2,692 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,701 reviews
firmbalancecareeraccountingcultureclientworklifeaudit

Great Culture

Plenty of opportunity and resources. Great Culture. Up or out promotion model. The Government and Public Sector practice has growing significantly since I joined the firm.

Good Starting Job for AML Analyst

A typical day consisted of reviewing customer transactions to report if they were suspicious or not and reporting on our findings. Management was great and always helpful. The hardest part of the job was the pace of having to hit certain metrics every day in order to advance. The most enjoyable part of the job was my teammates and managers at EY (great people).

EY insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energizing work tasks

Very good position, interesting job and well pad

I joined EY as a financial auditor 5 years ago. I am very happy with the company and the job. Very interesting task for new starters with great responsibilities.

Pros

free corporate car

Good experience for some; know when to leave

It’s a place where you need to focus on what you want or need for your career. Once that’s achieved, then it’s time to leave. Otherwise, the toxic culture and politics will burn you out.

Amazing company!

A lot of growth opportunity, great clients, great projects! Definitely one of the best big 4s. The leadership does everything in power to help you grow.

Good overall

Good culture and good coworkers. The firm is tripped up at times by poor decisions and messaging from senior leadership, and attention seems distracted towards the split at the moment

Buena oportunidad de hacer CV

a nivel curricular ayuda ya que despues de trabajar en una Big Four se abren muchas puertas

Positive and Friendly Workplace with security

Workplace culture is positive and helpful. There is job security and decent compensation. Only thing is that work life balance may not be great as it's consulting.

Pros

Workplace culture and compensation

Cons

Work life balance

Overall positive experience

I loved my co-workers and the people I supported. The benefits were great. I felt like the salary was below average compared to other executive assistant roles. The work life balance wasn't as practiced as I would've liked and they would assign you more people even if you didn't have the capacity (in some cases, not valid for every single EA). My main issue was there wasn't any clear way to stand out and get promoted. Career growth was murky territory.

What is the best part of working at the company?Genuine concern for wellbeing What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Busy season hours worked due to clients delayed response to request for information What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Very accommodating and Inclusive What is a typical day like for you at the company?A typical day includes following up with clients and updating tax return software, as well as internal EY applications.

Great place for a career

I think EY is a great place for a career. There are many different projects and people to work with. If you are good, you can pick and choose your future here.

Weekly audits of WIPs for adjustments and client billing. Bi-monthly WIP review mtg. Difficult to acclimate because of co. culture.

Work was stimulating and challenging. However the group created a hostile working environment. Management was made aware of the situation and did nothing to mitigate although I repeatedly offered suggestions for improvement and requested assistance. After I resigned, an associatte. admitted their contribution to this unhealthy atmosphere.

Pros

Salary

Cons

Training, exclusive environmentt

What is the best part of working at the company?The CultureWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Not being able move up within the companyWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Great environment and culture to work forWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?It was boring

Okay balance

Good experience, smaller clients so have to work on many more. Less international jobs. More room for growth in smaller office. Overall fine experience to work.

Decent place to work

Was not told my objectives throughout the summer and as a result I didn’t receive an offer back. My internship experience was also kind of boringGood people and good company

Very supportive workplace and great coworkers

Overall my time at EY was pretty great. The coworkers and support system is awesome and although consulting is a heavy workload, they do their best to give you work life balance. Only area for improvement is some flexibility in choosing your project when multiple options are available.

Great place to start a career

The firm is full of interesting and smart individuals. There is some variation in how much they're willing to help you but, overall, must people enjoy teaching their team members. It was a great place to start my career.

Cons

Pay could be better early in career

No work-life balance

There is a huge shortage of employees in almost all fields. Turnover is high. This means that there is always way more work than people to perform the work.

Great place to start a career

Started a career at EY since my graduation. Was able to see a number of different countries through business travels, and had learnt a lot. Pay is lower than industry until you progress through the ranks.

Pros

Lots to learn, inclusive teams

Cons

Hours can be long, Projects can feel repetitive after a while, Pay can feel low

Fully remote

really enjoyed the company of everyone on my team. a lot of smart, down to earth people who became good friends. hours are really dependent on your engagement. pay was excellent

Good place to start career

For beginning is good, but workload is enormous. No work-life balance, always under pressure and stress. As you will deal with different projects and tasks, you will receive great experience

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EY. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.6Personal Development
3.9Career Opportunities
4.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight