EY Employee Reviews

Found 1,996 reviews matching the search See all 6,321 reviews
Great place but culture varies among groups/cities
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 21, 2019
I started out in a non-client facing role and would go into the EY office M-F and did that for a couple of years then transferred to a client facing role. It was really exciting and fun but the travel aspect is not exactly flexible depending on the client. There are times we would have to sacrifice firm provided holidays due to client requests or have to come onsite even if we do not have meetings with the client. Other than the work/life balance i thoroughly enjoyed my time here once i transferred groups. The culture varies among what group you're in, some people are more condescending than others. But overall most of the people are great. Very quick-paced work environment, most of it is on the job learning and you have to be quick to adapt and get up to speed. Networking is huge if you want to go far in the firm.
Pros
challenging, people
Cons
work/life balance
Great Company
Senior Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 19, 2019
Great Company. No complaints, just smiles. After being in the market for finance, I came over to EY for the advisory sector. I enjoy the team that I work with and all of the company perks that come with my field. I am not stressed and feel like I have a grip around my career.
Horrible they fire you without notice
Indirect Tax Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 19, 2019
They fire you without notice inconsiderate unprofessional not caring. Smile in your face stab you in the back not a good place to work ...... ,,........
Great Culture
GPS RISK CYBER INTERN (Former Employee) –  McLean, VA, USAugust 18, 2019
The culture at EY is amazing. I truly felt that I was at home with everyone around me. They are also very inviting to all diversity groups. They have events all the time that help you feel included.
Great culture to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 15, 2019
Great culture to work. working with the brightest people in collaborative ways feels good. Work can be very stressful but very rewarding. Management try to be connected and listening.
ambiente de trabajo agradable
Practicante de proceso de Auditoría (Former Employee) –  practicante del proceso de AuditaríaAugust 14, 2019
esta es un empresa excepcional , me ayudo a crecer y a fortalecer mis conocimientos y aprender de las personas que conformaban el equipo de trabajo
Collaborative and exciting place to work.
Transfer Pricing Intern (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 14, 2019
The people are very friendly and easy to get along with. It depends on your style but if you like exploring new options and diving into the weeds - this is the place to be.
It was good working environment
TAX ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Rmz infinityAugust 14, 2019
It was really nice working place with flexibility. I have got good team to work and I got exposure to learn new things and also it was happy working at EY.
Pros
Team outing, dinner
Cons
Deadline
Challenging work and flexible schedule
Tax Senior (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 14, 2019
Worked with their TaxChat group and found it to be challenging and an enjoyable experience. Worked at home office. Very supportive throughout the tax season.
One of the best...
Senior III Cyber Security (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 12, 2019
One of the best jobs I ever had. I eventually left for an offer from a client, I still regret it to this day. The opportunities at EY to learn and grow are greater than that of any company I've worked for. The culture is friendly and inclusive, there is always a fun challenge to be taken on and the resources to achieve success.
Great Culture
Senior, IT Advisory (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 11, 2019
EY has been great to me. The work/life balance was tough at first but has improved significantly over the last couple of years. The compensation is fair, benefits are amazing and I have a hard time finding them at other companies, and I also get to work with really sharp and passionate people.
Work with the latest and greatest tools in the industry.
Full Stack Python/Django Developer (Current Employee) –  RemoteAugust 10, 2019
I like the fact that I get to work remotely with other bright and talented global team members. These members are from a diverse pool of cultures and so I get to experience first hand how diversity increases value when building first-class world solutions to the tasks and challenges at hand.
Great Company
Audit Associate (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 9, 2019
An amazing company to work for - great compensation and amazing benefits. Flexible work schedule - including 4 - 10hr days and work from home options.
Slower paced company within Big 4
Associate / Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 7, 2019
EY overall has a better culture among all Big 4s in my opinion but also depends on the team. It is definitely a great learning opportunities for fresh graduates.
Good beneifts bad management experience
Staff Auditor I (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 6, 2019
Management can be very messy, they don't communicate well between seniors and up and you will have different seniors have different expectations on your day to day which often conflicts with each other. The benefits are really good but don't know if it's worth it.
CBS Professional - Doesn't Pay Enough
Supervising Associate, Experience Management (Current Employee) –  Work from homeAugust 5, 2019
I love the company, everything it stands for, and the infrastructure supporting the business. They don't pay their CBS professionals competitively and there's very little room for growth.

As a CBS professional who supports a national practice, I have the ability to work from home most days.

Management is quite capable and most have been with the firm for a great duration. They know the in's and the out's of the firm.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Salary
IT RISK ASSURANCE/ISSO (Former Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAAugust 3, 2019
I loved the work culture at Ernst & Young LLP - no doubt it has consistently been described as one of the best companies to work for in the United States.
Productive and interesting job.
Manager, Assignment Management Services (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 2, 2019
I loved my job, but the politics were non stop. The most enjoyable part of the job was managing the payroll process; ensuring each employee's pay check was correct and delivered on time. Also, meeting the employees from other countries whom we communicate with to retrieve additional payroll information for the US employees in other countries.
Big Firm, Big Network
Financial Service Office Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 31, 2019
The work can be challenging if you are in line with tax as your future career progression. Compliance can be quite boring if you've done it for many years.
Fast Paced Environment & you learn a lot
Assurance Senior (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 31, 2019
Great company if you want a fast paced environment, chance to learn a high amount of volume, network with top accounting professionals and gain early career leadership opportunities. However, this is definitely not a set schedule type of environment. If you want to be successful here, be prepared to work around the clock anytime of the year. However, to compensate their employees for long hours they do have an outstanding PTO/Vacation policy you wont get elsewhere. This is an amazing "job" to have but very difficult to see this job turning into a career for most people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EY. Our community is ready to answer.

52.2K
42.6K
31.2K

Women's ratings

3.3Fairygodboss Score

60%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

60%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss