Eye Care for the Adirondacks

Areas for improvement
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Overall satisfaction

Great benefits, but no hope of ever moving up the ladder unless you're friends with the right person..

Work load is manageable. New manager talks about being fair but isn't and encourages gossip in the workplace. She also has favorites. I enjoy the benefits the job offers

Pros

Discounted Eye care and OK health insurance benefits

Cons

Manager needs to work on being fair, and not have favorites, as well as encourage gossip.

Good benefits but terrible work environment.

Overall, the job itself wasn’t terrible. They provided around 3 weeks PTO a year, 8 hour shifts and the pay was OK. However, the environment in the business office wasn’t great, the manager contributes to drama rather than trying to defuse it. Personal info about employees was shared with others on a daily basis and there was constant gossip stemming from their office, damaging the “teamwork” dynamic they claimed to aim for. Favorites are definitely picked and it’s made overly obvious. There’s drama at almost every job but this was excessive, like there’s always a target on your back.

Pros

Decent amount of PTO

Cons

Drama, management, no room for advancement

Descent place to start off but not a long term place if you want growth.

Not a good place to work if you want to grow your skills. It's okay to get your feet wet and see if you want to do this type of work. Unless your buddies with the right people there is no growth here. Descent on getting the time off you need. Over worked, there never seems to be enough time in a day to get everything they want done. The lowest paid for what you are required to do, even after being here for longer periods of time. No loyalty to their long term employees from what I've heard.

Pros

Luncheons some times, descent time off.

Cons

Underpaid, stressful, favoritism, gossip

Great job, great management, love working here

The management at eye care is fantastic, always makes sure you are not over loaded with work but have a steady pace as well. You can always go to the manager or team lead with a problem whether it be work related or personal. Takes family life into account, allows you to make up time if you leave for an emergency. Open door policy is a 10/10. Everyone is a team player.

Pros

Management, benefits

Overworked underpayed

You’re overworked and under paid. New hires are being paid more than those who have been there for years or who work in the back end these days. Managers have favorites. Managers are consistently leaving early and coming in late but heaven forbid you ask for a day to go to a kids school event..but they get to without questions asked. Managers are useless and do not come out of office to help no matter how far backed up the clinic is. They will spew out the mouth to hurry the patients along but won’t offer to check in or help in any way. Vacation time built up? Too bad, can’t use it. No coverage. Guess you’re going to lose it. Doctors are allowed to speak ill will-inappropriately without reprimands. It’s upsetting to you and other too bad, you’re to be seen and not heard. If you want to be back in highschool with the gossip and drama this is the place to be. You think these people are your work friends, but everyone is very quick to throw each other under the bus! Patients have extremely long waits due to poor scheduling partially due to training and the other due to the upper hand. Then you get some who are just scheduled with random doctors so chart review is painful. New hires are now poorly trained due to the time constraints on training. Staff previously had months of training but now are given weeks. They are robotic. It’s an assembly line with no real knowledge behind what they are doing and so much is dependent on us veteran staff members which leave us overworked, drained, exhausted, and underpaid.

Pros

Discount on eyewear

Cons

Drama, Over worked, poor pay, management

Would you recommend working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Don’t work here

You are treated like dirt on the bottom of management’s shoe. They act like you are a complete inconvenience to them. The work is never ending and they will work you to death. They definitely pick favorites. Do not trust any one. Worst job I have ever had.

Cons

Horrible company to work for.

Great patient care, horrible environment for employees. Everyone Is treated like a number. Very toxic. Overworked is an understatement as any hard work goes unnoticed, a personal life is almost non existent, you are property to the company and if you can not remain that way, they will replace you.

Pros

Free Glasswear after a year of being there.

Cons

Poor management, gossip allowed. No care for employees.

Unfulfilling and demanding workplace

you can either be full time with benefits or Per Diem with no benefits. they say they're going to cross train you but they never fully train you anywhere, than get upset if you aren't up to their standards. they pick favorites, some people can be written up several times and have no repercussions while others get fired after their first write up. sometime the owners order lunch for everyone. you get to choose between a 45 minutes lunch or a 30 minute lunch with a 15 minute break. they aren't very accommodating to your schedule either. the Doctors/owners are very considerate and easy to work with, the GM and Management in the business office aren't however. the coworkers are amazing and easy to talk to. they're friendly and always willing to help with any issues.

Work place

I like what I do for a job but I just don't see much growth where I am now. I would like to find a job that I can grow with. My work place is very fast pace and on the go. Working hands on with patients and meeting their needs at our office.

Very stressful never enough help

On the verge on burnout most days. No one really trains new employees just expected to learn on your own. Not given proper resources to do your job well. Management never checks in to make sure you are doing well. Never had anxiety attacks until working here. They really don't value their employees. Loved my co-workers but management is terrible.

beautiful view of Lake Champlain

I used to love working here, but since the change in owners they now overwork their employees and keep adding extra work to their already full schedule to a point of burning out.

Great Place to Work

I really enjoyed working at ECFTA, they have taught me a lot and were very flexible with my schedule. I worked here while i was in college and they allowed me to split my working day in half to be there for unpaid internship time needed for my final class. During that time I worked closely with management on several projects. I would definitely recommend.

Great coworkers, terrbile management in the business office department

The coworkers are great for the most part. The business office management is terrible. The organization and communication are nonexistent. Necessary information does not get passed through employees. Office gossip travels much faster than necessary information. The rules in the handbook are only enforced when convenient for the administration.

Pros

Benefits, time off

Cons

Terrible management

Offers COA training

Offers a paid, independent study course to become a Certified Ophthalmic Assistant. I love working with people, and on a daily basis I get to help people.

great

It was a great experience to work there as an intern and learn things hands on. The staff is very friendly and helpful. I got to go around to every job spot and learn every things that they did there it was a very good experience.

Very fast pace business.

Given a lot of responsibility with not always having enough time to get your work done. Moved around to different jobs quite often. Co-workers very nice & helpful. Working Saturdays were tough due to small staff. You have very good benefits.

Pros

Free eye care and glasses.

Cons

Long hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eye Care for the Adirondacks. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7