EYE CENTER SOUTH Employee Reviews

Horrible place
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALSeptember 18, 2019
Awful place to work. Terrible morale. They have “benefits” but only physicians can afford it. No raises and it’s one of the worst places I ever worked-turnover is high for a reason!
Pros
They feed you every now and then
Cons
Not enough money, play favorites, low morale, treated poorly and unfairly, they keep pilinnon work
Wonderful staff and excellent doctors
Ophthalmic Technician (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLSeptember 16, 2019
The staff is very pleasurable, wonderful about helping patience and working at a good pace for less wait time. The doctors are wonderful, very helpful and listens to your problems patiently and wonderful surgeons
Pros
Great surgeons
great care from doctors
Medical Administrative Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Destin, FLJanuary 29, 2019
doctors were great but very micromanaged from the main location in dothan. the overall office was very flustering and i had gone there after working in an ER so it was very comparable. not much room to grow. overworked with not a lot of explanations given for tasks.
Education opportunities with growth potential
Manager (Current Employee) –  AlabamaDecember 17, 2018
One thing that stands out to me about Eye Center South is the educational opportunities they provide you with in order to develop you as a person and help you grow within the company.

There are many certifications that they are willing to help you achieve and they compensate you for earning those certifications.

The culture is upbeat and fast paced, but still very personal and friendly. I have enjoyed being part of this team and look forward to many more years learning and growing with them!
Pros
Dedicated leadership, friendly staff, nice benefits, good training
Cons
Be willing to adapt to change to continue improving processes (not a con, but some people get set in their ways)
not good
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Albany, GADecember 15, 2018
my experience here was horrible...i do not recommend...the benefits were ok but the environment was the worse and management is ridculous. it was a blessing for me to leave, no one wants to be unappreciated.
productive fast pace
Front Office Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Dothan, ALDecember 14, 2018
typical day is busy phones making appt sch surgeries confirming appt running insurance eye center south is a very busy medical office I like the pace in which I work time goes by I like my job helping people gives me a purpose
Productive and professional work environment.
Certified Scribe/Ophthalmic Technician (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAOctober 23, 2018
Eye Center South has an amazing balance of job opportunity and fun in the work place. You have the opportunity to grow and advance within the job and you are CONSTANTLY learning new skills. Everyone works as a team and enjoys each other’s company. Working together to get patients in and out efficiently is our goal, as well to ensure patient satisfaction.
Pros
Lunches are provided every now and then, great doctors, great staff, great pay, opportunity to grow and learn
Cons
Short breaks at times
Stressful Environment
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALMay 24, 2018
Very stressful environment trying to pack as much into one day as possible. Never off duty even not on the clock. No time for personal or family life.
Friendly work environment
Certified Ophthalmic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALApril 5, 2018
Friendly work environment but you have to be willing to really work and put your mind to it. As long as you go to work to do what you are there to do you will be fine.
Fast Paced Medical Office with multiple doctors on staff.
Ophthalmic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALJanuary 13, 2018
A typical day at Eye Center South was 10-12 hours non-stop. We saw anywhere from 45-80 patients a day just with the doctor I worked for. We were responsible for getting any test done prior to seeing the doctor, more if he requested them after his visit with the patient. We entered all information as the doctor dictated, made sure medications were updated. Prescriptions were sent as requested by the doctor. We were required to help with minor surgeries and lasers. We were to complete and close charts daily before leaving the clinic. Management was always changing and updating rules and regulations so it was important to attend all meetings required. The job environment was very fast paced. The most enjoyable part of the job to me were the patients. I worked in glaucoma so most of our patients were continuing patients so we got to know them on a somewhat personal level. I would say the hardest part of the job was how fast past most days were.
Pros
enjoyable enviroment
Cons
short breaks and lunches. long days, some travel
Eventful/ fast paced work environment
COA (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALDecember 21, 2017
Eye Center South is a great place to begin or continue your career. The doctors are appreciative of hard work. At Eye Center South you must come to work with your running shoes on. It is very fast paced, but fun all in one. Day to day duties vary, which makes it not boring at all. The supervisors are very respectful of anything that may arise. They are quick to allow time away for family functions/activities. Eye Center South centers their work environment around cross training. Although sometimes it can be exhausting, anyone who works at Eye Center South is well rounded. All team members are on board to help as needed. I fully recommend this place of employment and am so happy I had the opportunity to call this place home.
Pros
Great Work Environment
Productive, fun workplace
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dothan, ALDecember 21, 2017
I thoroughly enjoy working with this company. I feel like I am part of a family. I take pride in working for a company that values it's employees and offers extensive training. My supervisor has always been understanding and is willing to help in any way possible. Whether it be helping in the clinic or making a last minute schedule change, I feel my supervisor does much more than is expected. I have worked for 2 other Ophthalmology practices in the area and have nearly 10 years of experience. I feel this company has given me the most opportunity. I am a personal example of how Eye Center South opens doors for their employees and provides advancement opportunities. The thing I like most is that we are steadily making improvements for our patients and our company as a whole. I am proud to call Eye Center South my home.
Pros
Great teamwork, education, and flexibilty
Cons
Fast-paced, some travel
Smorgasboard of personalities from staff and patients
Eye Technician (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALAugust 8, 2017
The day of work at Eye Center South was non stop. Many were the levels of rank and file in the employee pool. I had learned about the eye in many anatomical ways. One of my most valuable skills I believe that I have attained from working with Eye Center South is how to instruct someone in applying and cleaning their eye contacts.

Management was always keeping staff current with the new dynamics of the eye industry in registering staff for seminars pertaining to learning about the eyes. It was an all day "on your feet" job to be done, and many employees had earned their finished day work with gratefulness when it was time to close up shop.

The enjoyable times were around the big holidays when staff and patients would share food and laughter. The hardest days were the times when emergency diseases had to be addressed.
Pros
Kind patients
Cons
small children with blinding diseases
Worse place to work
Certified Ophthalmic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALJuly 25, 2017
The company as a whole is poorly run, from administration down to the clinical supervisior. It use to be a great company with quality work but now it's all about how much money is being made. The on the job training has suffered significantly. The clinical supervisor is a loose cannon with NO professionalism what so ever!! The turn over rare with this company is very high, so if you are looking for job security DO NOT work here at neither location!!!
Pros
Some of the doctors are great to work with
Cons
Poorly run organization, over-worked and underpaid
Great work family
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALJune 12, 2017
Working At Eye Center South was like working with family. If you had a home or family crisis they were there to encourage you. Our boss would not give us more work than we could handle but would push our limits and encourage to work harder although some things were stressful.
Pros
Catered lunches occasionally
Cons
Sometimes it would be so busy there wasn't much time for breather breaks.
Very Casual and Laid back work place
Billing Specialist Manager (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FL 34232February 11, 2017
Very understanding CEO with lots to correct and learn within the practice. Very busy pratice. Worked with great people and made friends. The Providers were very understanding and helpful at all times.
Great Place to Learn Entry-Level Experience
Screener, Scribe, Billing/Coding/A/R (Current Employee) –  Dothan, ALDecember 26, 2016
Eye Center South provides a good environment for people to learn new things and is generally open to entry-level employees. With several satellite offices and physicians who travel, there are many opportunities to gain a basic knowledge of different clinical aspects including front desk management, screening patients, scribing for doctors, insurance precertification/preauthorization, medical billing, and coding. Unfortunately, there isn't much room for any further advancement. Also this area typically grossly underpays employees compared to national averages. Many of the employees have worked for several years with no raise whatsoever. It is a great job for some extra cash, but the pay is not enough for a single parent to raise a family. Furthermore, there are few opportunities to advance here.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere, great break room, and the occasional free lunch provided by the clinic to all staff
Cons
Low pay, few opportunities for advancement
Extremely busy and very educational
Ophthalmic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALDecember 21, 2016
On a typical day you can see anywhere from 30 to 75 patients a day. You are constantly encouraged to continue learning new terms, diseases, and testing. The employees are great people and fun to work with.
Pros
Free education
Cons
high turn over with employees
Terrible place to work
Technician (Former Employee) –  Destin, FLOctober 23, 2016
There is absolutely no job security at the Destin facility the upper management in Dothan does not care about the employees their families or any type of work and life balance the training is very inadequate they promised to further your training but do not fulfill that promise even though people reach out to them several times and they lead the employees on to believe that they are doing a good job I do not recommend this place to work for anyone not even my worst enemy
Pros
Cons
No brakes terrible day no work and life balance unexcusable long work hours
Worker (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALJanuary 20, 2016
This is a very good place to work at as far as the environment is concerned. Really enjoy my co-workers. Management is alright at times but could be better.
Pros
Great learning Environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EYE CENTER SOUTH. Our community is ready to answer.