Eye Centers of Florida Employee Reviews

Terrible working experience.
Ophthalmic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLApril 5, 2018
It was a terrible experience working for a Doctor that all he worried about was his pocket. He treated patients like numbers. He did not help patient.
Great Staff
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Clewiston, FLJanuary 25, 2018
Incredible patients and staff, but the ability to move up in the company was minimal. Schedules were tight. The job itself was easy, but the Management didn't support you.
Old school
HIM Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJanuary 10, 2018
Management was changed during my time there, still old school with medical records not EHR like most companies. Some employees were very nice and friendly, but some were gruff and standoffish. Lots of turnover in employment.
good work environment
Licensed Optician (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLNovember 13, 2017
over all it was a good work environment. Although as there was a tremendous turn over of employees especially management. It was very difficult to feel like there was job security.
fun place to work
Scribe Ophthalmologist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLOctober 23, 2017
I really enjoy working there, people are so friendly and very nice patient. everyone is always ready to help and the management are always there to help with any questions.
To much turnover
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLOctober 15, 2017
Help Train New Employees
Check In/Out, Prep patients paper chart for visit, Collecting of
Co-payments, Deductibles, Coins, registering of new patients, updating of new insurance.

Check Out:
Collecting surgical prepayments, Collecting Optical payments .Scheduling Patient appointments and follow up appointments for multiple doctors and for
Aesthetic center and Retina.
Opening a batch and Verifying moneys collected throughout day batches out correctly, Scanning of Demographics, Medical history, patient registration forms and other patient information into into Nextgen .
Closing own batch and entering all other CSR batches together on the end of day when it is your day to close the office. Take Deposit to bank when Accounting Manager isn’t in Office at time of close.
Work Rotational Saturday in a satellite office CSR sometimes twice a month take Deposit always to bank on the Saturday worke
Pros
Discount on glasses
Cons
under Staffed
Advancement is near impossible
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLOctober 4, 2017
Always felt like this was a dead end job. interior advancements almost never happened. management was always being shuffled, and it seemed like there was a high turnover rate.
Very nice people to work with.
Diagnostic Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMay 22, 2017
The work was fun but the management is unorganized. The location I was at was very busy of course and if organized better might not be so stressful. One benefit to this office is the wonderful Nurse Practitioner they have, she is amazing.
Pros
Nice work family.
Cons
Not much manager support.
poor management
Ophthalmology Assistant (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLApril 13, 2017
They hire and fire everyone for no reason. So many doctors have been let go as well as their staff. Run for the hills. If you were to ask the doctors in this town how many started there, it would be almost all of them, and then ask them how many got let go. they work everyone like dogs, make you see 60 patients a day so the quality is not there.
Pros
discounts on eyeglasses
Cons
everything else
Room for Advancement
Managed Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ft. Myers, FLNovember 28, 2016
I counseled people for cataract surgery and went over financial benefits. I spoke with and set up all payment plans for self-pay patients. I was in charge of all authorizations for Medicaid. I helped all patients with any billing questions.
Pros
Nice Co-workers
Cons
location
Great staff, limited stability with management personnel
Ophthalmic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLOctober 24, 2016
Great co-workers, supportive staff, constant management personnel changes with an average of a new boss every year. Very little in house training, except from willing co-workers. Great patients.
Worst optical place in Florida to work.
Former optician (Former Employee) –  Main clinicJuly 6, 2016
Worst optical place in Florida to work. Upper-level management lies to employees on a daily basis. Customer service is on the bottom list of priorities. Trying to make money and take themselves out of a hole is the only goal they have. The owner and head surgeon is an 83-year-old man. Would you like him to do surgery on you if so give them a call. If you go for an interview and they tell you anything as long as words are coming out of their mouth you can rest a sure they are lies. The best advice I can give you is to skip this page and go find another place of employment. Run don't walk.
Pros
There are no pros
Cons
Working there
Fun people and that all have great work ethics!
billing specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLNovember 14, 2015
I am a current employee at Eye Centers and I love it. If you are looking for a place where you can learn and move up in a corporation this is it. All the people are wonderful and the doctors are caring and knowledgeable. Wouldn't want to be anywhere else.
Unethical company
..... (Former Employee) –  Bonita Springs, FLOctober 23, 2015
Most unethical company I have ever encountered. From the optometrists to the billing staff, all that seems to matter is making money, no matter what unethical lengths they must go through.
un ethic enviroment
Appointment Scheduler/ Trainer (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMarch 9, 2015
no open door policy worst place to work for , poor management worst place ever un ethic enviroment , harrassment, not a freindly place to work for
Exceptional organization
Insurance Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLOctober 24, 2014
I began working at the age of 16, at the Eye Centers of Florida. During my 6 years of employment, I developed knowledge in the specialty of eye surgery. I advanced over the years, and at the time of my departure was the insurance clerk for the surgery center. A wonderful experience.
Pros
Benefits, friendly and caring employees
Cons
N/a
Great Team
Ophthalmology Assistant/Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLOctober 18, 2014
Main Clinic was displeased with my absences due to military training.
Busy, hard-working office
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLApril 11, 2014
Management is very nice and willing to help. I have learned a lot from working there like the different insurances and how to get authorizations from other doctor's offices. I learned how to verify them and how to handle different situations with patients. The hardest part of the job are the insurances because they change a lot but I still like it. The most enjoyable part of the day is when we are pretty steady because the time flys by.
Pros
healthcare field, environment
Cons
full time
Dependable, Dedicated, Determined
Surgicare Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers FloridaNovember 14, 2013
I really enjoyed working for Eye Centers of Florida. Unfortunately, I had to move back to Georgia. I loved my supervisors, Doctors, and co-workers.
A booming business employing many, glad to experience
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJanuary 11, 2013
Being in southwest Florida, the business was naturally busier in season which made for some fluctuation of job flow. My job was always interesting and usually rewarding. I felt very comfortable with most of my co-workers. There were some times when demands were all at the same time making that a little trying but working at ECOF was an enjoyable experience in general.
Pros
hurricaine pay
Cons
not hiring smokers