Eyecare Partners Employee Reviews

Eye care Partners/Clarkson
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  IllinoisSeptember 19, 2018
Welcome to EyeCare Partners where you’re underpaid and understaffed. You’ll receive little to know training and over priced insurance that no one can afford. You’ll also get a little PTO and a hard way to go courtesy of the fine HR staff. Be prepared to work yourself to the bone because enough is never enough and it doesn’t matter that you’re only one person. They’ll lie right to your face day after day saying things will stay the same and yet week after week the story will continue to change but one thing is sure they’ll continue to wear that stupid fake smile.
Pros
What’s left?
Cons
No training, Hostile Environment, Expensive Insurance
Productive, Exciting, Rewarding, Flexible, etc.
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Ballwin, MOAugust 27, 2018
The people are amazing and very helpful. The management team is easy to speak to and always available if needed. On-boarding has been great so far and training has been much better than what I am used to. I think there are many opportunities for those who are willing to work.
Pros
People, benefits, compensation, opportunities, etc.
Poor Management
Patient Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Eureka, MOAugust 9, 2018
The job itself is fairly simple and enjoyable. However, those in authority treat you as though you are a child, rank each employee based on a scorecard that they have said multiple times is "still under work" and post the score cards in the front of the building, for everyone to see. This employer does not try to help you balance your school/home life, including picking up children from school, although they tell you during your interview process that schedules are flexible and they will work with you. When first starting at this job, the trainers and managers informed us that our main job would be to take inbound calls to schedule appointments, and that although the call center would be taking on more responsibilities, we would have specific teams for these. As the company continued to take more eye care practices under the corporate umbrella, management instead had piled on more work for each agent to complete, more offices to schedule for, adding inbound calls, billing calls, authorizing insurance benefits, and schedule auditing to the list of our responsibilities without raising pay. Because of increased work load and insufficient number of employees, people would miss their breaks and have to stay on the phones for up to four hours, and the managers even requested that people work through their lunch breaks. Management also said that our offices were going to move to another location, giving some new-hires the impression that they would be able to work closer to home, but when this fell through they never told anybody about it, and kept this news quiet so that people wouldn't  more... know that this move was no longer in effect. The development and management team is rude, and both very clearly express favoritism in everything that they do. People who are "promoted" to higher positions do not get a pay raise, and often times are taken out of that position without prior notice in order to open up the position for someone else "to try it out." It is a shame, because it is a good and enjoyable job to have, but the management team makes it a miserable environment to be a part of. Many long-time employees of this company have left because of this.  less
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Little to no breaks, Poor management, Overwhelming work-load, Varying Schedule
HR Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ballwin, MOJuly 30, 2018
Eyecare Partners is a wonderful up and coming company to work for with a positive team environment and workplace culture. As a newer employee everyone has been extremely friendly and helpful.
Pros
Positive workplace culture / Friendly coworkers
Great Company to work for
Corporate Office Employee (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 13, 2018
EyeCare Partners is a great, growing company to be a part of! They have grown from 40 or so medical offices in the St. Louis area to over 300 in the Midwest and Southeast in just a few years. If you are looking for a growing company with plenty of opportunity this would be a good place for you.
Pros
Coworkers, Vision Perks
Cons
Experiencing some growing pains
Very bad fit for me
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ellisville, MOJune 25, 2018
The job I was hired for was changed from Credentialing to Patient Access Rep which was essentially call center work which is something I did not want to do.
Great company to work for!
Talent Acquisition Consultant (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 16, 2018
Great people and great culture. Industry leader setting new trends and staying at the forefront. Growing and only getting better every day. Always looking for great people!
Growing and evolving
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ILApril 6, 2018
Great place to work, and lots of incentives and employee benefits outside what they normally provide you. Lots of fun contests to win BIG prizes, and a great atmosphere that emphasizes growth.
Pros
Voucher for glasses, discounts for family twice a year, commission and bonuses
Cons
Can be short staffed some days
Do not work here, also called 'Clarkson Eyecare'
Optician (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 1, 2018
Upper management across the board here does not care about you. They change everything too often and have no consistency. Be prepared to take blame for everything because people working in corporate are never clear and you have to be the one to make the phone calls to patients. You also do not get properly trained on anything. Also be prepared to be under-paid for what you do. It doesnt matter if you are an optometrist, optician, or an optometric assistant: Do yourself a favor and work in a private owned office, not one owned by a corporation. There is a reason they have a horrible turnover rate.
Pros
Comission on sales, bonus per month, pto is decent
Cons
There are way too many cons to list
Interesting place to wrok
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 28, 2018
If you like a position that is challenging. This company is the one. Days go by fast. enough work to keep you busy. The company is continually making changes to their procedures. So it is never dull. If you like a constant pace this is not a place for you. Chance for movement, which is a great thing.
I dont recommend this place
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Eureka, MOJanuary 23, 2018
I don't approve of their lack of communication. Their managers and staff are not trained in a professional manner. The management staff are lazy and rude.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Terrible conditions
Blah
Medical Insurance Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MODecember 25, 2017
Not such a great company. They are trying to bite off more than they can chew. They are behind in technology. Millions of papers stacked all over. Benefits are horrible. The manager wants to run the entire company and doesn’t know the basic roles of her team. Very high turnover. No real training. You nest 2 weeks maybe 1 then sink or swim. I would only recommend this job for the experience on your resume. Salary isn’t competitive as they are on a budget.
Pros
It’s a job if you don’t have one
Cons
Everything else
OK company to work for
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ballwin, MODecember 21, 2017
My typical day would be, answering pt billing calls. It is a fast pace environment, and very competative.. The leadership teams has poor communication skills. but overall, I like to variety of people I worked with
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Poor Communication with Leadership
no training
Accounts Receivable Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MONovember 28, 2017
There is no training whatsoever at this company. The benefits are not for a affordable family. You are only allowed 1.5 Pto hours a pay period. With no good management
Family mindset, great staff
Optometrist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IA 50310November 2, 2017
Everyone that works there is like a family, the Doctors are kind and care about their staff. My co-workers and I organized holiday events and decorated the office. it was a great place to be at!
Pros
Family oriented, great communication, kind, understanding
Cons
Can be slow or fast depending on the time of day.
High Staff Turnover
N/A (Current Employee) –  Ballwin, MOOctober 3, 2017
The work itself is normal. The constantly changing environment is tough. It seems like every day the processes for doing your job change. It is tough to keep up.
Loved it
Patient Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Eureka, MOOctober 1, 2017
DRAMA FREE they do not tolerate drama and you are treated fairly just underpaid for what we do. Everyone is so welcoming and they are a growing company so a lot of change is happening.
Pros
Paid breaks, good environment, helpful staff
Cons
Wages
Review
Dedicated worker (Current Employee) –  Pacific, MOAugust 16, 2017
I love my coworkers, we all work very hard to provide the best quality glasses for our patients. The supervisors and leads do a great job of keeping us on task while making sure we do not feel overwhelmed.
Eyecare Partners will work you like a dog
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Pacific, MOAugust 3, 2017
I currently work 60+ hours a week, 6 days a week. There has been no relief. This is why I am seeking a new job. Management is extremely poor and they don't try and get workers help for all the long hours put in.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eyecare Partners. Our community is ready to answer.