Eyemart Express Employee Reviews

terrible
Optician Prescription glasses/Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WAJune 18, 2018
the engagement was terrible, i worked in the lab for 6 months and lovedd it, then got hired for the retail and oh man i didn't last long. She is terrible and when you would go to her boss, nothing happened, last girl that left left him a long email explaining the reasons why she was leaving and NOTHING was done! terrible place to work, loved the job but she has to go
Poor management
Optician (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJune 10, 2018
Some of the people were great to work for but the store manager was not a people person. She talked about and belittled her employees and constantly yelled out was her store. She expected us to do a lot but she refused to do anything because it was her store
Pros
Some co workers
Cons
Store manager
Love it
Optician (Current Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXMay 23, 2018
I love working there although with every job you have some flaws whether it be with coworkers or the patients . It can be stressful at times especially when you get people who are no very understanding
Pros
Cons
Hours
Productive, Fast paced fun environment!!
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  IowaMay 22, 2018
Vision 4 Less is a great company to work for. Management is excellent, the hours aren't half bad. They do on the job training and keep you up-to-date and current with new products to offer customers. They have a wonderful open door policy. The benefits are excellent as well as receiving a free pair of glasses yearly. There is so much to learn with this company and many different positions to cross-train with. There is always room for advancement. Return customers and long-time customers are wonderful to deal with. Like any retail sometimes you end up with not so nice customers. You just got to keep a smiley friendly face and know how to deal with them. Overall my experience with Vision 4 Less has been life-changing.
Pros
Breaks when needed, friendly co-workers, open door policy, you feel like part of a family
Cons
Advertising the lowest price possible and having customers become irate or upset with you
Fast paced
RETAIL ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 21, 2018
I advanced my sales skills and learned how to deal with enraged customers and work with different types of people. The most enjoyable part was being able to help customers decide what they liked and disliked about their glasses.
Home office allows no room to advance and will set you up for failure
OPTICIAN (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, CO 81008May 21, 2018
Home management horrible. Pay is not worth it and no room to grow or get any raises. General manager and lab manager in pueblo store are amazing and willing to do whatever they can to help but it is not up to them.
Pros
Free pair 1 year
Cons
Micro manage
Great people to work for
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Redding, CAMay 6, 2018
I’ve had a lot of support from my boss along with other managers that help with any questions. I am able to manage in a way that I feel is best for my store, and feel truly supported in decisions I make. The culture here is great and they truly do try to make work as enjoyable as possible while being a budget option for eyeglasses!
Pros
Support, culture
Wichita KS
Optician (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 3, 2018
I enjoy it greatly and feel very blessed and grateful for the chance to experience this job. I get along with all my coworkers and management. We are a great team and work well together.
Pros
Great atmosphere, great support
Cons
Sometimes slow days
not that fun
Retail Optician/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDApril 25, 2018
not bad too work for. just a lot of thing to get to know. I did learn a lot from this job. management was ok. learning a lot of things. placing gust order.
Pros
fast going
Cons
breaks
Fun place to work
Optician (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXApril 23, 2018
Eyemart was a fun place to work. I loved helping customers pick out their eyewear. Just helping them make a choice that makes them comfortable is a great feeling. Kids were always so cute when picking out their glasses and could finally see

Want to know more about Eyemart Express?

Ask a question
Not a good place to work
Optician (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 16, 2018
They cut hours and don’t allow you to get more hours or advance. Won’t allow you to switch to full time if you are part time. Don’t give you any benefits or even paid time off
great place
Lab Manager (Former Employee) –  Granger, INApril 9, 2018
Sell glasses, dispense glasses, verify and file insurance. Produce glasses. final inspect glasses. Cleaning. Trouble shooting and customer problems and helping them to reach a mutual conclusion.
Stressful and low paying job with nice employees
Front Desk/ Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIMarch 27, 2018
A typical day at work is answering the phones and running the patients between. Dispensing contacts and selling glasses on slow times. I learned that being an optometrist technician is very interesting and patient involved job. Management is just terrible. You are like a sitting duck. You don't make nearly enough money for all that you do. You're pretty much just another number. The workplace culture is in it's own. The hardest part of the job is running insurances. The most enjoyable part is interacting with patients and seeing the smile on there face when you help them see better.
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
low pay, unappreciated
stressful and very unprofessional
Optician (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXMarch 18, 2018
a typical day at eyemart is greeting patients and helping with whatever they may need, also making sure you have the right lenses for the prescription. I learned how to do insurance and what they accept. the management is harsh and very unprofessional. treats people like dogs and doesn't appreciate what people do for them. work place is normally really busy and fast pace.
General Manager
General Manager/Coach (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVMarch 13, 2018
I worked about 7-8 months as a General Manager for Eyemart Express. The team I was responsible for was great and my District Manager was supportive. Overall, the company had a good culture centered around its customers and employees.
Pros
Free Pair Eyewear
Cons
Working Saturdays and evenings.
productive, fun and enjoyable
Dispensing Optician (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAMarch 8, 2018
Selling eyeglasses to customers and informing them on the different options of eyeglasses and lens materials available to them. I learned the differences in the materials used for the lenses and enjoyed helping customers fin the best frames.
Not too bad
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  MissouriMarch 1, 2018
Eyemart Express is not a bad company overall, but they are a bit cheap when it comes to employee compensation. I enjoy the work, but they expect a lot out of you and I make well below what an average Lab Tech in the optical field generally makes. There are incentives, but our store is not busy enough for me to make a lot in incentives. Like I said, this is not a bad company to work for, but it does have its pitfalls like many other jobs.
Pros
Nice company
Cons
Doesn't pay well
fast paced work
Laboratory Manager (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 27, 2018
The work environment isn't too bad but the amount of micromanagement is a little over the top. This includes what type of socks you are wearing. Also, no sitting.
Decent benefits but poor management
Optical Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXFebruary 26, 2018
If you enjoy working constantly and having your day fly by, the lab is for you. There are always jobs needing to be processed and maintenance always needed on the machines. Bad news though, if you have a work ethic, your going to do most of the work. Management has never heard of diversity or labor laws. Too busy taking care of personal business on the clock, hiring friends to shoot the breeze with while others work and if you offer a complaint, your told if you don't like it you can quit.

Enjoy breakfast tacos every morning if your buddies with the management. Work is largely optional if you make it past the 90 days. Even less if your friends with manager. The only thing management is concerned about is looking good for the regional managers. All the paperwork filled out and numbers look good. Its all about the appearance, not the substance.
Pros
Free yearly eye exams and one free pair of glasses.
Cons
management
Fun people to work with, but unflexible scheduling and lots of unprofessionalism
Optician/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDFebruary 23, 2018
Eyemart Express is a great company to work for! (If you are not in Twin Falls Idaho.) I was involved with a lot of drama, and I could never take time off. Very busy and understaffed.