Eyemart Express Employee Reviews

A great job if in college
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WISeptember 15, 2018
keeping the store clean, helping customers find what they need, take eye measurements, find the correct eye lens.
management is ok.
its a hi pace environment yet friendly.
Eyemart Express
Lead Lab Technician, Lead Retail (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARSeptember 6, 2018
great place to work kind of fast past environment overall experience I enjoyed it. we could get a pair of glasses done in a min I wouldl recommend anybody
Fun work environment
Optician (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 27, 2018
You get to meet a lot of people with different qualities. Learn about one other. Get to build a trust with co workers and customers, but overall just a good work place for one to work.
challeging work place with fun co workers
Lab Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 22, 2018
the hardest part of the job having a home life due to work the work schedule and demands of a constant changing work dynamics. everyday is different. Plus a high turn over rate
Pros
401k, pto, free eye wear and exams
Cons
no work life balance
Amazing company
Optometrist (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 7, 2018
If they had a location in Florida I would be camping outside just to make sure I got hired. I loved my job. The company was great. Treated me with respect and always made sure I had everything I needed to take care of the patients. I can't say anything negative.
Perfessionalism was lacking. Constantly felt like i wasent worth anything to the company.
Optical Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJuly 31, 2018
My immediate manger was alright, but the General Manager was a bully, craved drama, and constantly reminded me how unimportant i was to him. I will never go back.
Pros
Great Cowrokers. Alwasy Busy
Cons
Horrible management. Horrible Pay
Entry level positions.
Optician (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORJuly 31, 2018
Eyemart Express is built upon providing excellent eye-wear for inexpensive prices. Some days were incredibly busy, others totally dead. Warm and friendly environment where the customer comes first and strictly follows "the customer is always right" motto.
Stressful
Lab Manager (Former Employee) –  Mrytle Beach, SCJuly 24, 2018
The GM at the Mrytle beach store, was very negative, talk to employees like they where stupid. I have never had one employee say anything good about her. This being a tourest town and seasonal employment, the staff there pretty much stays there till they find another job.
If you want a stressful job on top of a horrible GM may be for you. I threatened to call HR and was fired for being late because I was under an work mens comp, for chemicals burn, and my hands itched horrible, called GM and was told thats ok then supposedly this was the reason for termition, but then nothing happened until I said I am calling HR. Everybody there was,very pleasent ,but Gm was horrible.
Not a bitter ex employee just an honest one!!!
Pros
Holidays paid
Cons
30 minute lunch working in lab, stand on your feet, the rest of time
fun place to work.
Optical Lab Manager (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJuly 6, 2018
Eyemart was a great starter position for someone just coming out of college. The people that worked there were like a family, which the reason I stayed at the company.
Pros
bonus
optical
Apprentice Optician/ Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, AR 72901July 5, 2018
Working for Doctor Barnes Eye Mart Express was a wonderful employment experience. It was fast paced and competitive. Just the way I liked it. Pay was also based on commission.
Depending on the area manager it can be a fun place. However they do have some managers who drain any fun out of your work.
Optician / Lab Tech (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 2, 2018
There is no job security. Depending on management there may be no open door policy. If you at LGBT do not let them know. They micro- manage every single thing. There is no training for the ABO.
Cons
Micromanage
Fun but stressful place to work
OPTICIAN (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXJune 25, 2018
I loved working at eyemart and the coworkers as well. The managers care about you but the pay isn’t consistent . They weren’t able to work with my school schedule and we’re open on Saturdays .
Good place to learn.
Optical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 19, 2018
I enjoyed my time there. It was a good learning experience and the people there are great. I made some lasting friendships there and learned alot about the optical industry.
terrible
Optician Prescription glasses/Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WAJune 18, 2018
the engagement was terrible, i worked in the lab for 6 months and lovedd it, then got hired for the retail and oh man i didn't last long. She is terrible and when you would go to her boss, nothing happened, last girl that left left him a long email explaining the reasons why she was leaving and NOTHING was done! terrible place to work, loved the job but she has to go
Poor management
Optician (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJune 10, 2018
Some of the people were great to work for but the store manager was not a people person. She talked about and belittled her employees and constantly yelled out was her store. She expected us to do a lot but she refused to do anything because it was her store
Pros
Some co workers
Cons
Store manager
Retail Optician (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCMay 26, 2018
This is a fun company, with unlimited ways to grow and advance in the eyecare field. they are willing to train beginners that are looking for a career as opticians of lab technicians.
Love it
Optician (Current Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXMay 23, 2018
I love working there although with every job you have some flaws whether it be with coworkers or the patients . It can be stressful at times especially when you get people who are no very understanding
Pros
Cons
Hours
Productive, Fast paced fun environment!!
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  IowaMay 22, 2018
Vision 4 Less is a great company to work for. Management is excellent, the hours aren't half bad. They do on the job training and keep you up-to-date and current with new products to offer customers. They have a wonderful open door policy. The benefits are excellent as well as receiving a free pair of glasses yearly. There is so much to learn with this company and many different positions to cross-train with. There is always room for advancement. Return customers and long-time customers are wonderful to deal with. Like any retail sometimes you end up with not so nice customers. You just got to keep a smiley friendly face and know how to deal with them. Overall my experience with Vision 4 Less has been life-changing.
Pros
Breaks when needed, friendly co-workers, open door policy, you feel like part of a family
Cons
Advertising the lowest price possible and having customers become irate or upset with you
Fast paced
RETAIL ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 21, 2018
I advanced my sales skills and learned how to deal with enraged customers and work with different types of people. The most enjoyable part was being able to help customers decide what they liked and disliked about their glasses.
Home office allows no room to advance and will set you up for failure
OPTICIAN (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, CO 81008May 21, 2018
Home management horrible. Pay is not worth it and no room to grow or get any raises. General manager and lab manager in pueblo store are amazing and willing to do whatever they can to help but it is not up to them.
Pros
Free pair 1 year
Cons
Micro manage