Eyemart Express Employee Reviews

Very productive and fun job
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VADecember 7, 2018
It was easy to adjust and the emplyees were all very welcoming and helpful. The management was always available to help out in difficult situations. The work day was always productive.
Great Place to work
Optical Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXDecember 5, 2018
I loved working there, talking to different customers. Feeling a sens of accomplishment, helping people see. Seeing the reactions on kids faces when they can see.
Pros
Loved working with pople
Cons
None really.
Strong Company Goals
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MINovember 29, 2018
Eyemart Express has a clear mission to provide patients with top-quality products as fat as they can. Regional Managers are especially capable of guiding individual labs to company goals and vision.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Labs can get busy due to the large number of customers
Not a good company
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 7, 2018
Management is poor, pay is poor, room for advancement is limited. I wouldn't recommend working there. Work life balance is challenging. This would be a good job for a college student- maybe part time.
Eyemart Express is great place to work an its also a great place to grow!
Lab Manager/Optician (Current Employee) –  Abilene, TXNovember 6, 2018
I have worked of Eyemart Express for over 5 yrs and i worked my way up to become the Lab Manager throughout the years. It took alot of time and hardwork but with the help of my GM and my fellow employees i was able to get the offer and ji accepted because i wanted to lead others and help them grow within the company.
Faced Paced Environment
Retail Sales Associate Optician (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKOctober 12, 2018
Faced Paced and Customer Service Oriented.. Great selection of frames at a discounted price. Enjoyed learning about the eyecare world and helping people look and feel good.
Pros
Fantastic Selection of eyeware
Cons
Not enough employees per customer ratio.
Optical Lab Manager (Current Employee) –  Portage, MIOctober 8, 2018
I enjoy what I do, which helps, and I can work for the salary. My typical day consists of extreme speed and accuracy in maintaining good customer satisfaction.
I have enjoyed working at all of the places that I have worked Carskadden optical was the most lenient, but the pay wasn't the best
Optician (Current Employee) –  3191 Maple Ave., Zanesville, OH 43701October 5, 2018
Open the lab turn on all of the machines, and get ready for the day. I never knew how to surface lenses before I started at Eyemart. I am currently Lab manager in training. Eyemart is a good place to work with great incentives. The hardest part of my job is when glasses just don't help (not everyone can be corrected to 20/20 or 20/30. The thing I like the most about my job is helping people see, and all of the people that I have met over the years
Pros
incentives
Cons
I never get my breaks and sometimes no lunch breaks because sometimes I am the only one working
retail store
Retail Optician (Former Employee) –  Muskogee, OKOctober 4, 2018
Have to be extremely flexible and know when to bend the rules to give good customer service. Coworkers can be fun but be prepared to do more work than current employees.
Pros
Closed on Sundays and Holidays
Cons
Rules to vague
na
Optician Tech (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDOctober 1, 2018
This is a good job, I had to relocate. If it was not for relocating i would still be at the current position. Please do not post this anywhere without my reproesentations.
Typical Value Eyewear Retailer
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCSeptember 16, 2018
It's a fast paced environment that can be both enjoyable and stressful. Working in the lab gives you the flexibility to work lab or retail depending on how busy the store is.
A great job if in college
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WISeptember 15, 2018
keeping the store clean, helping customers find what they need, take eye measurements, find the correct eye lens.
management is ok.
its a hi pace environment yet friendly.
Eyemart Express
Lead Lab Technician, Lead Retail (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARSeptember 6, 2018
great place to work kind of fast past environment overall experience I enjoyed it. we could get a pair of glasses done in a min I wouldl recommend anybody
Fun work environment
Optician (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 27, 2018
You get to meet a lot of people with different qualities. Learn about one other. Get to build a trust with co workers and customers, but overall just a good work place for one to work.
Not for someone that wants honesty and morals.
Optical Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Boise IdahoAugust 24, 2018
While my immediate manager was a nice guy, the general manager was not. There is always lying and cheating customers going on just to make a few extra bucks, and the lack of wanting to understand any form of mental disabilities is sad. Overall, if you dont want to be cometing for enough money just to live, and you want to feel appreciated amd have it not be faked, this is not for you.
challeging work place with fun co workers
Lab Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 22, 2018
the hardest part of the job having a home life due to work the work schedule and demands of a constant changing work dynamics. everyday is different. Plus a high turn over rate
Pros
401k, pto, free eye wear and exams
Cons
no work life balance
Amazing company
Optometrist (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 7, 2018
If they had a location in Florida I would be camping outside just to make sure I got hired. I loved my job. The company was great. Treated me with respect and always made sure I had everything I needed to take care of the patients. I can't say anything negative.
Perfessionalism was lacking. Constantly felt like i wasent worth anything to the company.
Optical Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJuly 31, 2018
My immediate manger was alright, but the General Manager was a bully, craved drama, and constantly reminded me how unimportant i was to him. I will never go back.
Pros
Great Cowrokers. Alwasy Busy
Cons
Horrible management. Horrible Pay
Entry level positions.
Optician (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORJuly 31, 2018
Eyemart Express is built upon providing excellent eye-wear for inexpensive prices. Some days were incredibly busy, others totally dead. Warm and friendly environment where the customer comes first and strictly follows "the customer is always right" motto.
Stressful
Lab Manager (Former Employee) –  Mrytle Beach, SCJuly 24, 2018
The GM at the Mrytle beach store, was very negative, talk to employees like they where stupid. I have never had one employee say anything good about her. This being a tourest town and seasonal employment, the staff there pretty much stays there till they find another job.
If you want a stressful job on top of a horrible GM may be for you. I threatened to call HR and was fired for being late because I was under an work mens comp, for chemicals burn, and my hands itched horrible, called GM and was told thats ok then supposedly this was the reason for termition, but then nothing happened until I said I am calling HR. Everybody there was,very pleasent ,but Gm was horrible.
Not a bitter ex employee just an honest one!!!
Pros
Holidays paid
Cons
30 minute lunch working in lab, stand on your feet, the rest of time