EYP Architecture & Engineering Employee Review

View all EYP Architecture & Engineering reviews

A deadline driven environment with many adjustments throughout the day.
Senior Marketing Administrator (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 4, 2013
I learned to "wear many hats" and was called into many critical deadlines. I learned new computer skills and software programs both in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suites.

Management was good and my co-workers were great.

The hardest part of my job was the ever changing priorities, having the need to constantly re-focus although I also found it very challenging.

I enjoyed being the project manager and gate-keeper for out digital image database (OpenAsset). I was tasked with identifying and key-wording about 25,000 photos, plans, renderings, and construction imagery. This is one of EYP's most valuable resources.

Other EYP Architecture & Engineering Employee Reviews

EYP review
Job Captain (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 18, 2017
Great professionals in a great setting. Project types are very challenging and the leadership challenges the team to succeed. Leadership is solid and stable.
Pros
Project types
Cons
A company that tries to mimic a big corporate firm
Architect Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston - WHRNovember 15, 2017
The hardest part of working here is the poor benefit.

Their benefit package is huge and they make it sound as if they got it all. The list of their "seemingly amazing benefits" goes on and on...
However, don't fall for this trap!!! seriously its a TRAP!

You will end up with the worst 401K match at EYP. They are good with word games., and will proudly announce that they will match 25% of your 5% of your income.

Most of other employers will match at least (in worst case) 4% of your income to 401K. The previous firm I worked at matched up to 6% as long as I contributed up to 7% of income!

With EYP, 401K is a joke. Lets say.. I earn $50,000 a year. 5% of that is $2500. They will match 25% of your $2500. Which is only $625 a year.

They also don't contribute anything to your HSA account. You will recieve $0 dollars from EYP other than that poor 401K.

Tuition reimbursement is also a joke. (seems fancy though..especially how they worded in the benefits package book) I tried to use this program to finish up my masters program ...and seriously. you only get some small cash to buy small meals. That's, only if you are an all A student, too.

list goes on and on...

I left EYP because their benefit package is a joke and they are so insecure about paying their employees. They will try their best not to give you a raise. They will scheme through your expanse reports like detectives. I am not gonna get into details...

This is neither a small family company nor a big legit corp firm. Its a medium sized architecure company which nobody has ever heard of, with terrible
  more... raise and benefits package.

If you are a young architect, join EYP short term only to build up your portfolio. Then leave to seek a company with better benefits and salary offers.
Pros
Good project and client opportunities, Great for learning and building high end architectural knowledge.
Cons
Poor benefit package, terrible salary raise and bonus