EZCORP, Inc. Employee Reviews

Good pay
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Muskogee, OKMay 18, 2019
Store manager is bad, he don’t respect people’s days off request and he do preferences to certain people. I don’t agree with that actitud. If a employee put their two weeks notice he prefer to fired them.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Bad management
My favorite job
Sales & Lending Team Member (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL 60623May 18, 2019
I really miss working for this company the scheduling was so flexible and compensation was perfect loved the fact how it was commission too.The management was ok not great but wasnt horrible.
Pros
Great pay and hours
Cons
Customers
Poor leadership and lack integrity
District Manager/Sales (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 18, 2019
Never were able to retain great employees. Extremely political and lack innovation, integrity, and culture. Run and if you don't...don't say you weren't warned.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Bad Management
Pawn Broker Full time (Current Employee) –  Elgin, ILApril 11, 2019
You're never accommodated. Always being over worked. Long hours. can't use your paid time unless there are enough staff members. Everyone I always late include management. Majority of the people quit and yu have to start working long hours. When we weren't busy, we could do anything. Downtime was always nice. manager was cool, just not a good manager.
Pros
up to an hour lunch
Cons
can't use pto
Very good placw
Ryan Webster, Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OK 74115April 8, 2019
Each day was different, management was great, training was great, love the atomsphere, learned many things about the pawn shop business,hardest part was telling the customer we couldn't help them.
A decent job with a horrible management team and disgusting merchandise
Lead Pawnbroker (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXApril 8, 2019
I worked for the company for 2 years before realizing it wasn’t a job that was in any way going to reward your hard work. We had district managers taking low level employees on dates and giving them pay raises as well as in store management who couldn’t coordinate the simplest of tasks. Customers in general were decent hardworking people in a tight spot but of course in this line of business you have the jerks and the “would do anything for a dollar” types. The worst part of the job at Ezpawn was the creatures. Yeah that’s right you can’t refuse something because it has roaches or similar in it. Our entire store was infested. Half the items brought in either had a distinct odor or were crawling with bugs and you could refuse it because district and regional managers would threaten your job if you did. We even had employees take home bed bugs on accident from working around cases and laptop bags that they had made their way inside. As a manager or key holder be expected to work 50+ hours a week and if you don’t like it that’s just tough.

Save yourself the headache and get a job anywhere else. The pay is nice and that’s it.
Pros
Fair pay.
Cons
Horrible management. Disgusting.
Worked excessive hours as a manager.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 2, 2019
I got hired on as an assistant manager. I was manager of my own store within a year.

Before opening we would price all new items to be sold. Merchandise the items and clean the store.

During business hours we would make loans, buy items and make sales.

Dealing with irate customers was difficult if you didn't have the proper customer service experience.

As a manager the excessive amount of hours worked was not compensated. Salary is based on 45 hours a week but I routinely worked 55 to 60 plus hours a week. This was due to lack of support management.

Management is not responsible for hiring employees or hourly support management. This is done in a central location and as such is not an efficient way to keep the store staffed.
Pros
Customer interaction was never boring
Cons
Management works a lot of hours and has little control over staffing
Help with loans
Pawn Broker/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXApril 2, 2019
Help put items that need to be outside. help zero out cash registers and count jewelry. Help get anything else required ready for the store. Loans are a big thing as well as making sales. Decent company
Productive and you can learn new things
Pawn Broker (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 31, 2019
Working at EZPAWN was a great time for me. The managers showed you how to do things until you got it down. The benefits were awesome! The thing I liked most was how the days always went by fast,
Pros
friendly co-workers
Cons
short breaks
Typical corporate vampires
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 27, 2019
Typical corporate vampires. They claim they care about individuals and family This couldn’t be further from the truth. Work you to death. Literally.
Pros
Good pay for management
Cons
$900 a month for insurance, Work the managers literally to death.(not joking), shady corporate group, shady HR team, life is short keep you health
Never work here.
Lead Pawnbroker (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXMarch 21, 2019
Ez Pawn as a whole is a horrible company. You will give everything to them and they hand you the crumbs. You aren't respected and never will be. Upper management will have you ripping your hair out. Emails being sent out at 3 o'clock in the morning. Not only that but if you love being short staffed go ahead and work here cause I assure you that you will always be short staffed.
Pros
Cons
Upper Management
Fun place
Pawnbroker (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXMarch 21, 2019
Is a friendly and competitive environment where you need to set daily goals to meet quota at the end of the month and be able to get a commission check.
loved my job
Pawn Broker (Former Employee) –  Pharr, TXMarch 17, 2019
working for Ezcrop was awesome, unfortunately, I had to quit due to the hours, management was great and coworkers where awesome I recommend this job to someone that is single or at least have no kids.
Pros
great training, co workers, ok pay
Cons
Upper Management thinks they can deviate from company policies and run it like they want creating inconsistant results from store to store
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Commerce City, COFebruary 28, 2019
Depending on who the store district manager is will dictate your overall success or lack thereof
There are some pretty great managers, than there are the one's that act like they rule the world making it hard to work for them
Pros
for my position of manager it was fair
Cons
upper management is Very Un-Supportive
Demanding
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 26, 2019
Company is having growing pains and very tough place to adjust with, constantly rolling out "programs" and its an ever changing environment. time with family was limited due to the demands of the business
Good starter job not for the long term
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  East Moline, ILFebruary 24, 2019
Ezpawn is the name of this company not Ezcorp EZpawn was a good experience working with people and money, loans very interesting.Learning to bargain and give good service at same time.
Pros
Hours and 1st shift
Cons
People can be very mean.
Rough Retail Environment
Sales Lending / Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 20, 2019
When I use to work at Value Pawn, I would run into a lot of issues with unethical employees and supervisors. The daily tasks became very tedious after a while and it was difficult to get a leg up into the company. When working as an Inventory Associate, the responsibility of moving outside merchandise in and out of the store became quite overwhelming when the Pawn Shop was overstock with lawnmowers and bicycles. If you are positioned as a Pawnbroker, you would face unfair scenarios of employees stealing your customers to gain more sales for their benefit. The increase of a raise annually is very minuscule. A lot of weight is definitely on the store managers when they don't hit their quota every month. There is a lot of retail opportunities here and you will learn about appraising merchandise and jewelry. However, if you are not as compassionate as being a Pawnbroker, I wouldn't suggest this job to be a career.
Pros
Employee Discounts
Cons
EZ Pawn Systems, Mgmt, Merchandise Clutter in Specific Stores
You just a number
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 12, 2019
Everybody hates each other, the manager are lazy and make everybody else lazy, and the manager is the company puppet and his family and friends without experience a manager position right away but people that have more experience and been working for the company for long time gets nothing
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
There are always pro and cons of any work place.
Lead Pawnbroker (Current Employee) –  Bessemer, ALFebruary 11, 2019
This company is helpful to the community, because there is always someone in need and if the need is there and we are able to help one person, we have done something worth while.
Pros
They help the community
Cons
Some people abuse their positions.
A terrible place to work.
Lead Pawn Broker (Current Employee) –  Dalton, GAFebruary 8, 2019
The pawnbroker business is touted as being there to assist people with few economic options; in reality the company preys upon those who need financial help most by offering as little money as possible for their goods to improve the store profits.
Pros
1 hour lunch breaks
Cons
Store management is overbearing and berating often in public.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EZCORP, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

1.7Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight