EZCORP, Inc. Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

My favorite job
Sales & Lending Team Member (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL 60623May 18, 2019
I really miss working for this company the scheduling was so flexible and compensation was perfect loved the fact how it was commission too.The management was ok not great but wasnt horrible.
Pros
Great pay and hours
Cons
Customers
Good overall
Sales Team Member (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 2, 2018
Excellent company with great team members as well as managers and management in general, well trained personnel and great benefits, great company at all.
Pros
Employees can grow.
Cons
Poor security on stores
Seeking a sales or management position where skills in leadership, strategic planning, and new business development will be fully utilized.
coach, train, and motivate retail sales team (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 26, 2017
I have many years management experience on retail., I work every hard and I always on time to work I never call in sick. I have excellent customer skill.Extensive PC and MAC experience
Expert knowledge in Internet web browsing
Advanced knowledge in Windows 2000, 98, NT, and XP
Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Word. Basic Knowledge in Excel, Power Point, and Web
Advanced knowledge in Intranet, Extranet, Kana Response and Prism. Typing ­average over
Shipping and Receiving Inventory P & L
Customer service that was always interesting, not always ideal to work with.
Sales & lending team member (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INSeptember 21, 2016
My usual day at EZ pawn consists of either opening the store or coming in later in the afternoon and going through the closing procedures. We write loans based on the collateral given to the store. I often am dealing with difficult and angry customers, however, this is second nature to the job. I like my co- workers a lot. They are the main reason why I have only just started to try to find another job. The hardest part of the job is the constant changing of upper management members so instructions are extremely inconsistent. It is hard to stay positive on certain days when it is busy and you are spending hours dealing with rude and intoxicated clients all day long.
Pros
Loose work environment, work with a few friends.
Cons
Inconsistent management and confrontational behavior from customers on an every day basis
Changes
Store Manager, Assistant Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 5, 2015
The company is headed in the right direction. The top down philosophy is in affect. The stores do not rule the company. The job is very demanding and the pay is adequate. Co-workers are all held to the same standard as anyone else.
Pros
pay
Cons
Loose direction from top
A great place to work
Store Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Alice, TXNovember 10, 2014
Always busy so your time flies by. I learned to be patient and the management was great they really helped you face any problems you felt you were faced with.The hardest part of the job was maybe the end of the month and realizing you had not made your quota and the best part were the wonderful staff.
Pros
dinners for holidays
Cons
busy busy busy
One of the best companies I have ever worked for!
Sales and Lending Team Member (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVFebruary 8, 2013
A typical day at work entails opening the store, counting jewelry merchandise into casing, also setting merchandise out for display, and helping customers throughout the day with lending transactions, receiving payments, and being apart of an energetic team. At EZ Pawn I learned about the companies core value and the correct way to provide customer service, also how integrity affects not only the workplace, but also personal life as well. I received extensive and in-depth training about testing gold jewelry, diamond testing, silver and platinum as well. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing all the unique merchandise customers would bring in and also being able to fully serve the customers exact need.