EZPAWN Employee Reviews

fun enviroment
Daily P&L accounting and reconciled charge sales (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN 46241October 4, 2018
I had fun, at times. I could be hard because of angry customers and there was no security. There was no protection. The only thing we had to protect us was an alert button.
Customer service
Pawn Broker Management (Current Employee) –  Laredo, TXSeptember 29, 2018
You learn first hand how to negotiate and build a relationship with customers. New challenges will occur everyday. Never a dull moment. Friday, Saturday, and Mondays was the busiest days of excitement.A typical day is opening the store. We bring all the items such as bikes, tires, and scooters outside and chained up. Then we go inside and count jewelry and money. After we open we walk around help costumers
Ok
Pawn Broker/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXSeptember 29, 2018
The manager was just awful. And as most jobs with bad managers go it was an awful work experience. The pay was okay It just was not enough to keep up with bills so there was never overtime either.
Productive but a lot of set rules
Pawnbroker (Current Employee) –  Mercedes, TXSeptember 9, 2018
Set schedules are set very rarely when you ask for a day it is more than likely impossible. It is a good job they only hire full time. Learned a lot great new things that will help me in the future.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Scheduling and environment
It’s a very productive job,very interactive as well. For the most part I enjoyed working here and being able to help customer service out.
Lead Pawnbroker (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, UTSeptember 5, 2018
I enjoyed my job at the beginning but it all started falling apart when one of the crew members left or something went wrong. One of the other employees from a different store got switched to our store because she was having problem with the manager at the moment,she was very rude and inconsiderate of others that had already been working there. Sometimes I feel as if the company is not fair with pay or how they treat each one of their employees.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Short break
Expawn
Pawn Broker/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXAugust 21, 2018
Management was great
The working hours were horrible!!! Always short staff
One hour lunchs
Had to deal with people yelling in your face all the time
Work to many hours
Lead Pawnbroker (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIAugust 13, 2018
Poor management, always micromanaging everything. Very competitive for sales and trying to meet unrealistic company numbers.
Seems like only one person with actually work.
We always had food, food was my managers life
Pawn Broker/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Murray, UTAugust 9, 2018
We would do collateral loans for people , customer service help people get there money needs met. It was chaotic company at times but other than that super faced pace always working
Work is what you make of it.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Waco, TxAugust 1, 2018
Work is what you make of it. Working for this company provides a ton of experience that can be channeled into many other fields. You can make a career with this company or use it to gain experience for future job opportunities.
Pros
Knowledge and Skills that you acquire
Cons
High Turnover
Could be better
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Harvey, ILJuly 25, 2018
Needs to have different people from corporate or other districts come in and supervise for like 2 weeks. Need to have a part time position. Need to have encouragement and not show favoritism. Need to move ALL employees around through stores
Excellent place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 3, 2018
Great ,amazing place to work at. Training is good. Hours and pay is great. It has great benefits. The training you need is all there, and they help with anything you need.
Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Marion, INJune 7, 2018
You work with all kinds of people. From children to adults. Making cash loans on items they bring in for loans. Customer buy items which are for sale. The benefits for working with Ezpawn are good, you have health insurance and you get a discount working at Ezpawn. The management is good and they work well with you if you have a problem.
Pros
Have a hour lunch
Cons
work every weekend except for Sundays
Competitive
Customer Service in English and Spanish (Former Employee) –  denver, coMay 30, 2018
Workers fought too much and there was a lot of competition. I liked the job because I liked the customers. this was a busy job and I think it was interesting learning about all the products.
Pros
busy
Cons
sometimes employees were late and did not show up
Stressful on most days
Lead Pawnbroker (Former Employee) –  Alice, TXMay 16, 2018
On most days, when store was busy, management wanted to pull you from helping customers to do something else and would get frustrated from what you were doing and tell you to go help customers.
fast-paced evironment
pawnbroker (Former Employee) –  Bessemer, ALMay 9, 2018
8 a.m starts the day. prepare the store for opening. appraise customer items and try to give them a fair amount for items. sale items that customers have forfeited on the sales floor. constantly understaffed
Pros
good health benefits from the moment and good vaction time
Cons
little chance to move up high employee turnover rate unstable management
The best and worst managers i've seen...
Lead Pawnbroker (Former Employee) –  Sheridan, COApril 28, 2018
Pawn is a lot of fun to work in if you can deal with constant understaffing. There are many other better places to work and make a living with less stress and more pay...
Tough job with great people.
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXApril 11, 2018
The job itself can be stressful but fulfilling, you get to help some customer that truly need the help and appreciate what you do. On the other had there are some extremely difficult customer that make the job not worth it. It involves a lot of small details that can be difficult if you lack common sense. The team that you work with can be great and make the day go by fast.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
stressful, staffing and work life balance is difficult
fun work place
Pawn Broker/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXApril 10, 2018
working for EzPawn was very fun and interesting. Manager was very helpful and loved to help her employees succeed. Always looking for ways to improve customer service.
This place is not for everyone
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hammond, INApril 9, 2018
There’s all women working & they won’t hire men there’s only one guy there it’s a fast pace & later they will talk about u & call u slow the manager don’t like no one
over worked undren paid
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 3, 2018
ezpawn was a good company that was taken over and ran to the ground by bad management and poor leadership. managers are under appreciated and over worked.
Pros
good customers
Cons
hostile management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EZPAWN. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about