Ezras Choilim Health Center, Inc. Employee Reviews

Modern facility that's excellent to work in.
Dental assistant (Current Employee) –  Monroe, NYFebruary 20, 2019
The dental department is newly renovated and refreshing to work within. The dentists are easy to get along with and everyone is very professional. It's true the patience can occasionally be difficult , but I enjoy the people I work around.
Pros
Always busy. Good pay
Cons
Patients can be tough occassionally.
Excellent place to work
Director of Behavioral Health Services (Current Employee) –  Monroe, NYFebruary 16, 2019
ECHC is a great place to work. It is a fast paced growth oriented company not afraid to embrace change to meet the needs of the patients. I love the people I work with. The management is supportive and dedicated to ensuring the success of the organization. The honesty and integrity of the staff is a hallmark of their success. The patients continue to come and refer friends and family because they realize that at this health center people really care about their overall health.
Pros
incentive programs, great benefits, staff care about each other and the community
Cons
limited onsite parking
Not a good place to work
LPN (Former Employee) –  Kiryas Joel, NYJanuary 3, 2019
They are friendly at first however management is horrible and the pay is below minimum. I would not recommend working here. The whole experience was negative.
Pros
Entry level
Bad Work Environment
Patient Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Monroe, NYSeptember 13, 2018
The dental supervisor front desk is managing in favoritism which causes a bad environment. The favored get early shifts and off sundays. Beware of management! We have gotten no raises in the 3 years. You barely get breaks and you cant even stop to eat. Closing till 8pm and 10pm every week gets tiring. You can not voice your opinion because you r scared to lose your job. No job security. The best part of working here is the benefits and patients.
Pros
Patients, benefits
Cons
No job security, management
Over-worked, no job security
Manager (Current Employee) –  Monroe, NYSeptember 12, 2018
Everything is micromanaged by ceo. You are not allowed to have a voice, only administrative department. Long hours, no breaks. There are alot of people that should be recognized for their hard work and they're not. There has been no raises for anyone in the last 3 years. Very high turnover, we are all scared to lose our jobs. No one is safe even if you dedicated years, 8+ 10+ 15 + here. The employee benefits are the only Pros here. Good luck working here
Benefits
Cons
Long hours, no breaks, No job security
Not a good place to work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NYSeptember 8, 2018
People will correct you even your doing the right thing. You have to abide to their rules even their rules doesn't comply to the general medical field rules. They will take advantage of what you can do for the company, not recognize your help and pushes you to work harder in a situation your not comfortable to.
Pros
Cons
too many to mention
dont work here
dental (Current Employee) –  workerAugust 27, 2018
simply put, these people can be nasty. sometimes you wonder if people ever grew up. i dont recommend. plenty of other places to work..do yourself a favor and walk away if you love yourself.
Pros
a paycheck
Cons
everything else
Rewarding career option
Dentist (Current Employee) –  Monroe, NYMay 24, 2018
I have been a dentist for over 5 years at Ezras Choilim Health Center (ECHC) and can report that ECHC is an attractive place to work for new graduates from dental school with its loan repayment options, benefits package, 401k plan, paid vacation and many others. It is attractive for older dentists looking to ease out of private practice into retirement. It is also a nice option to spend an entire career in dentistry. The dental department at ECHC values quality work above all else and empowers its employees to provide the highest standard of care with its collaborative and friendly work environment, state of the art instrumentation, and appropriate patient scheduling.
Pros
See below
Cons
I work late often and miss family time
Happy to be part of a successful Dental Team
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Monroe, NYMay 22, 2018
I enjoy my position as a dental assistant as Ezras. It is a busy office due to the community we are in but I enjoy a fast paced work day because it makes time fly. I have had great training and feel that I am very good at my job because of it. The manager that runs the department is very organized, friendly and is very fair. She has certain expectations which is normal because without structure the department would not run as well as it does. If you meet the expectations and are professional you won't have any issues.
Pros
Friendly staff, good training, clean office
Cons
Demanding patients sometimes
I have always enjoyed working at ECHC
Dentist (Current Employee) –  Monroe, NYMay 17, 2018
I've worked at ECHC for over 10 years and found the management to be fair and compensation to be fair. At times it can become hectic because the health center caters to a very large population. I enjoy working with my colleagues and staff. We regularly review complicated cases and policies and procedures. This enhances the quality of treatment that we provide our patients. I have highly recommended ECHC to anyone that has asked me about working here.
Pros
great people to work with, High quality service, beautiful modern facility
Cons
can be hectic at times but not a big issue
Drama Drama Drama
Patient Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NYMay 10, 2018
The first couple of months here as a PSS were great. The training was great and meeting everyone was great. Towards the end months of working there you realize everyone’s true colors. So much drama, favoritism, GOSSIP.....every possible negative term you can think of. Management will talk about you behind your back to their favorite employee that you work an arm length next to which causes a really negative work environment. No huge growth for advancement in this dump. Stay far away.
Benefits
Cons
Short breaks, drama, poor management
Dramatic, Busy
Dental Assistant/Sterilization Tech (Current Employee) –  Monroe, NYMay 8, 2018
Everyone is focused on drama. The sterilization manager never works and the director knows about her laziness yet she refuses to so anything about it.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
No personal life, they play favorites, not enough break time, you’ve sold your soul to the devil
Beware of management
Dental dept (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NYApril 19, 2018
They will throw you under the bus for everything and anything.i was there just long enough to be trained and they when the attitude started. Better off going somewhere else
Pros
Vacation time
Cons
This is a fun place to work if you can stay out of the drama
Worker (Current Employee) –  Monroe, NYApril 18, 2018
It's a great place to work if you can stay out of the drama. The management is absolutely terrible and there are alot of fights between coworkers ( very similar to highschool). I've seen great workers turn bad just because of poor management. If you have a strong, confident personality you'll be fine.
Pros
Nice place to work, benefits
Cons
Management sucks
Great place to work and gain experience in the Health care field
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Monroe, NYApril 10, 2018
This place is a great place to work. In general, the staff is very nice and you always get a smile from everyone.

There are times that we have busy seasons but in general, it's a great place to work for people that need to have Work/Life balance like me.

The lab department is small and at times the volume of work could be very challenging but nothing you can't overcome.
Pros
Free Health Insurance
Cons
Not much downtime
Great place to start out
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Monroe, NYApril 9, 2018
I was hired as an MA last year right out of the LPN program from BOCES. I passed my exam a few months later and was promoted to an LPN position and given a raise. I am currently working in Internal Medicine. We see a lot of patients every day with chronic and acute conditions.

This a great place to gain my experience because theres a lot of training and I really enjoy the team atmosphere.
Pros
Great team, hours and work environment
Cons
No matching for the 401k and patients can be very demanding at times.
no job security
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NYFebruary 26, 2018
Typical day at the lab is seeing minimum 50 patients to a maximum 110 or more, drawing blood, processing urine samples, doing strep throat swap is wrong. There's only 2 person in the lab, so even though it's not allowed, we eat at the corner of the stock room because we can't leave the lab. Management is very biased. They're more into the quantity vs quality. hardest part of the job is being in a closet size lab beside the restroom patients use for their urine sample. Most enjoyable is the people in the Lab. They're awesome expect for a very competitive and not that very understanding supervisor.
Pros
No comment
Cons
read the review
Good place to start a career in healthcare
Patient Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Monroe, NYFebruary 11, 2018
The staff are very friendly. Most people seem to be happy with their job. Not a ton of room for advancement. Lots of growth with the community that we are in.
Fast paced, demanding environment
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NYDecember 4, 2017
Work with a very demanding patient population. There is certainly a bias with workers being that it is a very religious community. I was unpaid for an entire week of approved vacation before i resigned. Complaints about unprofessional coworkers are ignored if they are making money for the company.
A good place to work
Patient Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Monroe, NYSeptember 29, 2017
A good place to work, Good health insurance. Work is fairly easy, need to work on communication to all staff. Be far with the hours to all employees..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ezras Choilim Health Center, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ezras Choilim Health Center, Inc. Reviews by Location