F.H. Furr Plumbing, Heating, Air Conditioning, and Electrical Inc.
Happiness rating is 47 out of 100

F.H. Furr Plumbing, Heating, Air Conditioning, and Electrical Inc. Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
IF you are applying to be a dispatcher or CSR, make certain you come with experience! They may or may not provide training, may or may not give you random out of order tasks, and may or may not have unrealistic expectations. In my situation, the pay was too low for the work expected. The job entails monitoring 100+ emails a day, keeping up with their version of instant messenger (which involves chatting with the entire CSR team, managers, other dispatchers, technicians), ability to go through over 1000 possible combinations before even assigning a tech to a job, calling and receiving calls from customers, and then knowing the area well enough to assign the tech's route. This job is NOT for the inexperienced dispatcher. Training will NOT teach you all you need to know, its more of an introduction. Pay is anywhere from 14-17/hr and its clearly NOT enough money for the work involved.
Pros
Very nice offices, very nice staff and managers, very friendly atmosphere.
Cons
Pay, training, expectations, not for the average employee
Good company to work for. If you don't know how to do something they teach you so you are better asset for the company. All the employees are close like a family . You get a lot of support through management. The pay's on you you work on commission you make your own pay checks. They have reliable vehicles trucks are stocked correctly for trade that your in. have their own mechanic Bay to work on the vehicles. Can't really say anything negative about the company all around A++ type of company. They care about there employees.
Pros
Green grass is on there side.
Cons
It is good . I like it a lot and they make me feel good. However it’s tough to sell some of their high priced items with is a bit sad bc it makes you feel bad.
Pros
Gas
Cons
Everything else
I've Been with Furr for a while now and yes I make great wages.But there are some shady practices amongst technicians with no ethics.Furthermore management is lacking from department on up the chain definantly a high-school clic vibe amongst management.
Pros
Given full-time work with a large network of existing customers endless revenue opportunities
Cons
Lack of leadership and training
Be prepared to work. The key toSales Lead Generation is persistenceand adapting to the situation.My advice is to listen mostly and ask questions also talk to other employeesas to how they achieve success.Keeping a positive attitude no matterwhat happens. Make friends with Costco Managersand employees get them to work for you. Above all stay cool...we are only in control of what is in front of us.This can be a fun job but always remember it is about numbers.Engaging with 5000 people a daywill take energy but dont give up
Pros
Benefits, Steady Work and Organised.
Cons
Low pay Long hours
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Terrible place to work. It feels like they want you to fail in every way possible at this place. I could go on and on but this place does not deserve it, just trying to help out the next person. Do not apply.
Pros
Coworkers were nice
Cons
Skipped lunches, micromanaging, rude manager
Great place for work, learn and make friends. i had all the necessary training to complete my work. i was very well treated from day one. the management is very professional.
I do not like working here because it lack of organizing. The manager and staffs are not easy to get along with. I did not learn anything while I worked there.
Company is terrible all they care about is upsell dispatch is terrible you can start your day 10-15 miles from your house by the end of the day your last call will be 50 miles away terrible all around management as well employees are ok
Cons
Family owned company with no real room for growth if you are not family or close friends with the owners (or their children). Management runs on double standards and holds their team to a expectation they could not maintain themselves. Holiday events and office moral boosters are used to distract from the many issues within.
Benefits
Cons
If you are looking for a place that skids between awful but lawful, this is the place for you. Forget good morals and ethics, management at Furr has none. Their turnover rate is high and job culture here is trash but they will lead you on with how wonderful it is - especially with their empathy training which they severely lack and need themselves. You will find very quickly here that when things seem too good to be true, believe it. If you plan on having growth in employment, look elsewhere.
Pros
Decent commute
Cons
Bad Management
Highly competitive sales environment – that’s a nice way of putting it. Good people to work with but I’m not sure the direction the company is heading is going to be sustainable. Time will tell.
Pay is good. The work environment is horrible. They do not support career advancement. They are not friendly to family situations. Overall horrible place to work.
There was a LOT wrong with working at this company. - There was ZERO structured training. "Training" involved shadowing multiple people, who would invariably explain processes in multiple ways. - The CRM used at the company is outdated & broken. Nothing about its UI was intuitive, and there were several times that it glitched. - The company's IT person has NO IDEA how to do his job. When asked about granting me the same permissions as the rest of the team, his answer was "I don't know why you can't [perform a task]. I can [perform a task]". - The maturity level of the majority of the team members was that of middle school children, and management did nothing to address it. - Several times, I actually had to bring EEO issues to the attention of management (e.g. comments that could be construed as causing a hostile work environment based on EEO laws). Management did very little to address this as well.
Good management, decent pay, training was excellent. Company events often, family friendly work place. Coworkers were great for the most part, overall would recommend.
In general a great company to work for. Family business that does things right and has a lot of pride in the their business and always put the customers first! The CEO was a super person and wanted success for his entire team. The HR team was incredible, along with dispatch and Customer Service.My issue was I started working with the CEO when first hired to open a new division, then I was assigned to work with a Division Manager; who had no idea about my job or the field I was working. He was very quick tempered, unrealistic and was a poor listener. Aside for this manager all other divisions are handled very professionally. I was fired for reasons that were never explained to me and was escorted out of the building immediately. I would work there again, but not for the manager assigned.
Pros
Top management is very good. Mostly great people and a fun place to work.
Cons
Some horrible Division Managers that play favorites.
Its a good company with customer integrity focus in an otherwise dubious business (home improvement/HVAC). The health insurance is excellent if you can make it to 18 months. At that point, Furr covers almost all of the cost which is fantastic. This is a great job to sharpen your interpersonal communication skills and it will make you a better salesperson and communicator. There is really no advancement as a lead generator but its honest work, will improve your soft skills and you can meet some wonderful people on the job while working inside a Home Depot or Costco. The commission program is weak and materializes about 1-1.50% of gross sales above base salary paid monthly.
Pros
4 day work week, pleasant management, no micro mgmt
Cons
tedious and boring at times, monotonous work
Best office environment I ever worked in, people are friendly and very family oriented. Management is excellent, they stay on top of everything! Everyone works as a team!
This place promotes lucrative salaries, but no one can make the money they proclaim you can. Management is absolutely horrible! So many unhappy, disgruntled employees. Some use foul language all day, throw things, get in shouting matches, have bad attitudes, etc. You will only progress in this company if you are "in" with management, otherwise, they couldn't care less about you. They're ALL about the money!! And did I mention the bad attitudes??!!
Pros
Cons
Bad management
I loved working here, the sales manager was fantastic, and a very good mentor, and very motivating! the CEO (or maybe it was the CFO) was, absolutely the best for FH FURR to be in the position he was. He was so incredibly motivating, and always had the right thing to say, I cannot say enough good things about the group of people they have together. They run one of the industries best companies that has not sold out to being nationwide.
Pros
Pay, management, mentorship
Cons
traveling 2-3 each way. health insurance
As a Sales Consultant, what is most important? LEADS! In order to make a great living it takes opportunity. At F.H.Furr there are plenty of opportunities, and I have consistently ran 400 leads per year. If you can perform, you can make a great living working here. Management is great, as long as you perform and do what you are supposed to do. Integrity is a must, and knowing how to present value is a must. But seriously, after being in the trade for 20+ years, F.H. Furr is serious about being the Absolute Best for customers and their employees. If your a Sales Professional, this is the place for you.
Pros
Car, Phone, Gas card, Printer, Laptop, all the tools needed to perform your job. Easy to sell for!
Cons
You have to buy your own shirts. But they are nice.