F.H. PASCHEN Employee Reviews

Great Work Place
Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 23, 2019
Extremely friendly work place, came in as a new intern not knwoign everyone and when existing employs saw what was an empty desk now filled , they would stop an was hi introduce them self ask what your working and let you know if have any questions just stop the (even if they weren't in your department). They are big on team work also so other employees in your department are always open to answering question so that not only you succeed but the company as a whole.
FHPaschen
Internship (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL 60631September 18, 2019
Work here was very fun a laid back it was a lot of work to be done but nobody was angry nor worried the pay was very great I learned a bunch of new things and I was able to take on some skills while working here.
FH Paschen is a good company
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 12, 2019
Very good company. Once you get a set site to work it's even better and the foremans and superintendents are easy to work with. I would recommend this company to anyone that's looking to work construction. The part is union scale and the checks are never late.
Preach one thing do another
Safety Manager Georgia (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 19, 2019
Do not work for this company, broken promises at hiring, no raises, no formal exit interview etc... very unprofessional. Head super was one of the most stubborn racist, sexist control freaks I have ever met. Safety was allways an after thought after production. He was arested for domestic violence and they still put people under him who were bullied and pushed around.
Very Interesting
Safety Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 15, 2019
Working for this company gave me the chance to see how objects and structures are built to last for so many years. I have witness a lot of things that i have always wanted to know of an learned as well. This occupation was always full of change on the daily and there was never a dull moment. The outside source contractors were great to known and learn from as well as the company primary staff.
Great place of work
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 2, 2019
Very helpful group of individuals who love to help and provide skills and knowledge of the industry which they supply,they also have a great office which is very nice
Large company, decent experience, just a number
SUPERINTENDENT (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 11, 2019
I worked out of the Columbus office, HQ is Chicago IL. we were basically forgotten about. 3 people in the office, the VP of our division (Govt jobs) may have visited once a year.

I learned a lot about the government sector of construction

Management was very relaxed-to a fault. No personal development.

Work place culture was great with our 3 person office.

The hardest part of the job was bidding jobs, studying the prints, collecting good numbers from subs, and creating a price then before we submitted, the main office would only look at the budget sheet and then have us increase the price just because thats how they did it in Chicago-we lost every job bid for 10 plus months because of this technique.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
No pay increase, bonuses, personal development
For Construction and Civil Engineers Only!
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 28, 2018
If you are an industrious construction or civil engineer, you will do well at this company. They provide excellent training and support to the engineers but all other departments are neglected when it comes to training and development.
extremes
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 22, 2018
Typical Work Day
When work is following - fast paced and extremely busy.
When work is slow - sitting at desk with nothing to do
What I Learned
The company will take care of you when you are benefiting the company
The management style varies from each vice president - some micro-management while others give you lots of space to do your work
Hardest part of the job
Balancing all the different divisions you are covering
Enjoyable Part of the Job
The coworkers are good people and trust you know how to do your job
Stressful a
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 19, 2018
Did work for two people very stressful position. Had to work over 40 hours a week to keep up with the work flow, but the pay was well the people were nice and they played hard.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Stressful work atmosphere
Great start to a career
S.N. Neilson - Network Administrator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 2, 2018
For me being in IT working for a construction company, means a small staff and lots of users. Overall balanced place to work with management listening to its people. Culture is what you expect for a construction company, and very top heavy with little movement.
Pros
able to work with all levels of management
Cons
lack of growth and time off
Poor Leadership
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INJanuary 30, 2018
Poor leadership, they don't communicate well. They don't treat employees in the remote office the same as the corporate office in Chicago. As the only female in the remote office, I wasn't treated equally or with respect.
Pros
Flexible with kids appointments
Cons
Poor communication
Good Company Poorly Managed
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 15, 2017
I loved my job, then suddenly there was a horrible turnover.

Then it wasn't what you knew. It was who you new and if you kissed up to the right HR person.to keep you there.
Pros
Very expierenced employees can be hired and make a difference.
Cons
They should fire everone in HR and replace them all.
F.H. Paschen
Sr. Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 19, 2017
Good company to work with however the HR manager is somewhat of a racist. She will also slit your throat while talking to her.
Management needs a complete overhaul. Some of the employees are great to work with while some need to just go away.
Productive, Some great people to work with
Invoice Administrator - Administriave Assistance (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 14, 2017
The only negative part about this place that it was so far away from home. It wasn't until I transferred to an office closer to home which made it much better. The people at this place was AWESOME. Nothing negative I can say.
Pros
Great co-workers. Excellent healthcare benefits and GREAT Christmas bonuses
Always Something To Do
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 6, 2017
There was never a dull day. There was always something that needed to get done. Fast paced most days, fun company outings, everyone was super friendly and always willing to help one another to meet deadlines.
Great place
Laborer (Former Employee) –  IlliniosFebruary 14, 2017
Work hard and they keep you working. Work well with you when it has to do with family emergencies or any other concerns you may have.
good place to work
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 19, 2016
friendly place to work and you will receive a lot benefit to work there. I learn a lot from F H Paschen and they provide all different kinds of training for you.
Work Hard to succeed
Asst Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL 60631December 12, 2016
FHP pays well, but be prepared to work really hard. Your family will have to take a backseat. Long hours including weekends will be expected, and no time off during peak work season.
good people, corporate motives
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 11, 2015
The people are great. They make the job much better.

The pay is average or below average. FHP has a very profit focused mentality. They do care more about the bottom line than their employees.

Training was awful when I first started. There basically was no training program for new hires. It has become pretty decent now that they've realized it costs more to be inefficient.

Good company if you are motivated and willing to dedicate lots of your time. If you show you can work fast, deal with the stress, and deliver profit, you'll climb.
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
salary levels