F2ONSITE Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Amazing!!
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXAugust 13, 2018
Typical day is very busy, made great friends, the hardest part of the job was learning all the programs and polices. he Leadership Team is completely in touch with the business. The Leadership Team is completely in touch with the business. Great for College kids!!
Pros
Great Management
Cons
Lots of Driving
Dont go not worth the gasoline and time
Hardware Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 12, 2018
This company will not pay enough to survive. I did the job till was able to find another that had better hours and better pay. And the HR people , you always are to blame for ever mistake and something it get to be annoying with there fusion system can stress anyone out. When you have no call then 3 calls then no calls, my advice look for another job. Also last you have to send back ever part and if that part is lost then you are in trouble to find that part even if it get lost in shipping. And those cerfticates they talk about non of them transfered to my new job. You are a second rate tech to the wwts , get a job with them.
Pros
Non
Cons
Pay for phone gasoline and mangement is not easy to work with.
a typical day of work
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 1, 2018
First of all, I would say that nobody hesitates to guide you where he needs to. Under two half of the links do not work. Three problems with the closing of calls by WWTS and their support center. under four do not cry miles to the center for picking up shipments (like going for you, not for them). under five of the customers under the service contract do not obey the contract, which is in vain and you waste time. No one tells you who you are supposed to be and who is the one who sends you work orders every day. under six many days without work orders. etc ..
Pros
looking new technology
Cons
too much care for nothing ( no money)
not good
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 3, 2017
there are numerous problems with working at this place with call volume coupled with low pay probably ranking at the top of it. There is way too much uncompensated revenue to account for Don't work for pay per call companies. If there's no work you get no money. There are platforms available for that type of work where you can sometimes name your own price. Look up online work platforms and you'll find many where the same work is offered at higher prices because you get to cut out the middleman. They hired me in a big city in Illinois back in 2013 and all of the calls were in very remote very rural areas with average drives of 50 miles or more. Sometimes I was asked to drive out of state.
Good Beginner Work
Field Computer Repair Technicia (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 29, 2017
They help you get started with certifications and other tools you will need to do the job. They also have a lot of back-ups to help you in case you have questions about something new you do not know. Also, provide great tech assist.
Pros
Good leadership, Assistance
Cons
Lots of driving, Poor planning, Bad techs
Getting your Field Service feet wet
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 14, 2016
Great starting point for those who just got their basic computer game in the box (A+ Cert, Etc) needing some recognition in doing hardware based computer repair work..

Typical day is you check your tech portal for work usually up to 3 assignments in a day.. make contact with customers and let them know when you will able to come by and service their equipment. you go to the parts pick up location get your parts, drive and do the repairs and if the parts are not consumable typically you will return the defective parts in the same box with provided return label.. Assignments typically run 30 Min to 1 hr and 1/2.. Most of the work is laptop based. some assignments can go longer than 2 hours, especially with Laptop Motherboard replacements.

Management is very helpful in getting new comers started, available if you got any questions or concerns how processes work. client customers always there to help as well..

Depending on your area can be plenty of work.. or not all that much.
May want to have a flexible 2nd job on deck while doing this one if in one of those low work areas..

Learned that working on Laptops today are much easier compared to when they first came out.. no soldiering wizard needed..

Best part is getting out there and meeting people.. and each system you happen to work on presents it's own kind of unique challenges.
Pros
Company gets you certified for the work you will be doing at no cost for the certs.
Cons
At times little to no work, Field assignments can be long distance traveling and not contiguous to be done in a day, Tools for the work not provided, Use own car.
This company claims that they will train you on the job which is false
Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 9, 2016
I went through a lot work to try and get a phone interview with them. After doing everything they asked me to do including filling out the assessment twice. First she claimed she couldn't find my assessment. Then when I filled it out again she finds it right away. She then tells me I don't have experience fixing Lexmark printers so I will not be given a second interview. This company shouldn't claim that they will train you if they do no such thing. Don't even waste your time with the application process.
Pros
Cons
They were not honest with me
Low pay
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 22, 2016
Not enough calls need more calls 152 bucks a week will not cut it certifications are good need more calls the or calls should be more than 25bucks a call
Field technician (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJune 15, 2015
Received certified training on varies laptops and desktops. I was assigned limited calls per week and had at least 4 other technicians in rural territory so I did not receive many assignments.Useful experience
Pros
Certified on varies PCs & laptops
Cons
Enloyed working on laptops & desktops but like many others I spent more in gas than paid
Got job quickly remotely
CONSULTANT - AV TECH (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 11, 2015
All i can say, this company got you job quickly as contractor, the pay is average, other than that, no comment about this company.
Pros
no need to interview as contractor
Cons
not stable, contract off and on.
Professional Corporation
PC Tech (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 17, 2015
On a normal day a team of 2 people oversea two floors of desktop and laptops that may have hardware or software issues or both, and must be fixed and deployed to the proper work area or client. You must stay focused on each situation because they are not the same problem. The co workers were friendly and helpful. The project was not difficult but getting 200 computers deployed in a short time can be is tough but can be done. It was satisfying to know that I followed the protocol to help get the project done on time.
Pros
Minimal Supervision, free lunch
Cons
short contract project 2days
Poor Pay for Amounf of Work
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Simpsonville, SCSeptember 5, 2014
Loved working for them but I spent more in gas than I made. Management was wonderful.
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXMarch 26, 2014
Running service calls for resident and commercial places. F2Onsite is a service provider company based in TX.
It was a great learning experience
Best Buy Hardware Refresh Project (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXMarch 16, 2014
This position was a very great way to learn what it's like to work in I.T. Looking back at this position now, this would definitely be something I would enjoy doing in the near future. I was pretty nervous at first because I received no training in how to do this so I had no idea what to expect out of this position. If I could go back and do it again now, I probably would have finished this position sooner than I did. Overall, it was a wonderful learning experience. I was very satisfied working here.
Pros
Wonderful learning experience
Cons
No training
Job
Certified Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXAugust 1, 2013
The thing I love most about the job is Networking! I provide onsite service to end users for extended warranty repair.
Fun and exciting work.
Field tech (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJune 28, 2013
I rarely talk with anyone from the company as most of my work is done thru a web portal. I call customers and set up appointments to work on their computers. I am responsible for picking up and returning all parts for each job. I speak with vendor specific tech support on a daily basis, which has taught me patience.

The hardest part of the job is scheduling appointments with the clients. (most people work 9 to 5).

The best part about the job is meeting new and interesting people.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Very little work load.