F5 Networks

F5 Networks Employee Reviews

United States104 reviews
I enjoyed my time at F5 Networks and was compensated well for my efforts. I learned a great deal about hardware and firmware testing and had top notch equipment to work on in the lab, which made my job easy. I also learned a great deal about programming and test automation using Python, which I did not have a lot of prior experience in.
Great new tech acquisitions (Shape Security, NGINX) need to be integrated into the F5 networking fabric in order for the company to deliver on Code to Customer promises. Transition is currently underway.
This compay has a no shortage of smart and intelligent people. F5 encourages innovation with technology being at its core. You learn something everyday at this company.
Pros
variety, challenge
Cons
work schedule - travel
Company focuses on being number one. Nothing is done for the community.
HR management is not supportive, you are not able to report grievances without repercussions and no appreciation of hard work. Friends are promoted and only if you play the political game. They will use you and toss you to the side when they're done.

You can gain some good experience from ground level to completion of projects. Culture is alright but no real feel of belonging, each group is separate and can determine your experience. If you work in PD where the money is, you may have a better experience with appreciation of your work via salary/bonuses, appreciation lunches and or swag. Other groups you don't get any of this.
F5 Networks is in the midst of a transformation. The C-Suite is committed to diversity but a long standing startup boys club culture is slow to change, especially in long term employees and middle management. Company is under resourced in many areas for a digital transformation, leaving many key employees overworked and frustrated Base compensation is not competitive with other area tech companies tion
Pros
CEO and senior leadership committed to diversity
Cons
Overworked and underfunded
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
F5's main part of the culture is the work life balance. I came into the company when there were only 3,000 employees worldwide. At around 5,000 employees to date, there is more importance and celebration on diversity and the balance with personal life and work life. Beer Fridays are still around!
I worked as a contractor ,Work Atmosphere is really good and no work stress and need to work mostly remote and gained a good knowledge while working in this company
F5 is a leader in cyber security, as shown year after year by the Gartner magic quadrant. They value their employees, and opportunities for growth are clearly available to all.
Its a good company to work with very good work life balance and good compensation. Management is very good and very friendly, Recommend everybody this.
I learned so much during my internship with more challenges faced everyday. Best working environment and everybody is super amazing and always ready to help.
I highly recommend F5 as a place to work and have had the best manager of my entire career!

The hardest part of the job for myself was establishing a work life balance.
F5 promotes behaviors that exemplify inclusion and ownership, but employees are hamstrung by failing infrastructure and an unwillingness to change. This has led to an extreme lack of quality in the customer experience. In an attempt to provide exceptional support, documentation and sometimes even downloads remain available for long-obsolete products. The result is that customers running current product versions must navigate a mountain of content and downloads spanning nearly 20 years. Additionally, a decentralized Technical Communications structure has led to a majority of content being published without any form of editorial review.
I had 9 great years under probably the best manager I've ever worked for followed by 6 months under one of the worst I've ever encountered. As such I ended up leaving with a less than good final impression.

The work itself was fun and constantly changing. I was hired as an automation expert and ended up spending almost all my time managing transitioning TSC's on their path to NSE, managing power usage, deploying new equipment, learning new switches/routers, filers, virtual servers, traffic management and helping users with deployment of VM's and troubleshooting issues for them.

The work/life balance started out well but by the end I was either working or on call 24/7 while next tier escalation support dropped off to nothing.
Pros
Tons of opportunities to learn new technologies
Cons
poor team communication and management at the end.
The work-life balance is fantastic. They expect their interns to learn but also let them contribute to important projects. I was able to come out with extensive knowledge in several areas of Computer Science I had never experienced before, and they made that very simple. It's a stimulating place to work and very rewarding.
Was not set up for success. No real direction from management. Great benefits, but ultimately it was not a place that I could grow my career at. Without any real direction and career advancement, this job was not for me.
While with F5 I had a great time meeting and working with a team located globally. The management team were hard but fair and really helped everyone to perform at there top level. I left in Sept 2017 so unable to comment on the company since then which has undergone major C level and VP reorganization.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Located in downtown Seattle so a long commute.
I worked at F5 for over 2 years. It's a great place with great people. As it evolves, it's personnel needs are changing as are its approaches to market engagement. The influx of management from local technology companies is having a negative impact on culture since the way things work for a company that enjoys a >$1T market cap are significantly different than for a company the size of F5.
Pros
Amazing People
Cons
Disconnected middle management (Director-level)
Fantastic company to work for.
It has a great culture and product lines.

The company is H/W - S/W oriented but mostly on the S/W side.

The workday is balanced and not too stressful.

The work atmosphere is pleasant but productive.

I think this is one of the best companies to work for.
f5 remains my favorite job to have worked for. For career path enhancement reason I left, however I see myself returning. f5 is more than an employer, it's a community and if you giver your best to the company the company will give it's best to you.

Be innovative. Be agile to change to how the company meets the ever-changing market, and be ready to bring fresh ideas.
Very Dirty Politics
Left over Command and Control leaders and middle management

Backstabbing and insane rumors

Lack of technical knowledge in specific disciplines
Pros
Pay work life balance
Cons
Dirty politics left over old leadership demonstrating command and control behaviors
A great company with great management. I learned much while at F5 and their senior staff was always teaching and taking time to make my job easier. I appreciated the opportunities that F5 provided and the skills they impart.

Hardest part of the job was the location.
Pros
Stocked drinks and snacks
Cons
location, opportunities within non related fields.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at F5 Networks. Our community is ready to answer.
4.3
Women's ratings

3.7Fairygodboss Score

33%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

33%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.