FBI Employee Reviews

Very professional work enviornment.
Contractor - Program Analyst (Current Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVNovember 27, 2018
The typical day at work is mainly spent at a desk which is kind of monotonous. The mission that follows makes it well worth it. The management is exactly what you'd expect from a Government agency; well organized & a solid structure built off of great communication and team work. I enjoy coming to work everyday because I always learn something new and that is exciting for me.
Pros
Two breaks with a lunch in between, paid holidays, great benefits
Cons
if one does not posses the proper clearance, they must be escorted.
Very proud to have had the oportunity to have been excepted to a very high profile, government agency. To help our country.
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 8, 2018
A typical day was to have a list of projects, and memos to get prepared for my boss, He knows he can trust me to be loyal, and trustworthy. To set up appointments with F.B.I agents that he called in with High profile information. Work environment was very professional, work as a team, respectful to each other. The hardest part of the job was to make sure I made no mistakes.Most important part of job and enjoyable was to know I was trusted, I knew that if there was a problem, it would be taken care of, and I would be awarded, and would be concerned to become and agent myself.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Strike on being on time, your pay would be docked
Special Agent (Current Employee) –  Washingtom, DCOctober 19, 2018
Great Career, interesting work, good salary for new hires but executive and senior leadership is underpaid. Consequently, most of the senior leaders with college age children are forced to retire as soon as they are able despite loving their work.
Great culture and sense of purpose
Assistant Section Chief (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 10, 2018
The culture is enthusiastic, fast-paced with a sense of accomplishment. Leaders and managers are extremely competent. The work is rewarding because it provides the chance to protect the United States
Pros
Great employee benefits
Cons
Worklife balance can be difficult
Difficult To Advance
Special Agent (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 16, 2019
The only real Career Advancement options involve spending at least 18 months at Headquarters in DC, and giving up investigative positions.

No way to get a raise / make more money. "Slugs" get paid the exact same as overachievers.
Only half the staff works I liked the work.
Digital Imager (Former Employee) –  NycSeptember 30, 2018
Good salary comparatively. Mid management is awful. People at the top treat the field offices as a pit stop. Get so high and then transfer and spend the least amount of time there and retire! Never really accomplishing in that office.
Been there and saw it for over twenty years. Years ago it was different people gave a hoot.
Pros
Salary
Cons
No mid management skills
Good pay
Certified Government Information Specialist, GS-12 (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAOctober 25, 2018
You get paid well. Benefits are wonderful. The best people tend to get overlooked for promotions and are usually the ones that work the hardest. You get to help with protecting the people of the United States, so that fulfilling.
Retired FBI Agent, then Contract Employee (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, Pittsburgh, LAOctober 14, 2018
Loved my job, it was just time to retire, or I'd still be there. Very rewarding work. The only downfall is how many times your personal plans get disrupted due to work.
Pros
Salary, benefits, travel
Cons
long hours, always on call 24/7
it's the government
Security Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 12, 2018
its the federal government. you have great benefits, but the people that you work with are either not good people to work with or to friendly to get work done. only a few employee have a great balance of work life and their are usually the ones that get overlooked in raises and praises.
File Clerk, Typist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 10, 2018
Worked 8 hours per day. Learned lots about law and order. Workplace was fast pace. Most enjoyable part of the job was the work and the benefits. Had great management back then.
Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 20, 2018
Thank you. This is a fantastic employer. I developed critical skills working here. Fantastic benefits. Great opportunity. The chance to develop. Job security.
Pros
Security
Cons
None.
Great Career in Law Enforcement
Assistant Special Agent in Charge (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 6, 2019
Coming from a military background I was comfortable with the paramilitary culture of the FBI, however as a minority I found the underlying culture extremely sexist and racist in the treatment of their employees. While the culture was changing toward the later part of my career I found senior and executive management still harbored many of the views of their predecessors and tended to promote like minded successors.
N/a
Staff Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 9, 2019
Overall, I love the work/life balance there and the people. The advancement for support staff careers could be a little better but it's all what you make of it. Job security is definitely there and the management is pretty fair for the most part. Cannot discuss any further concerning this organization.
Amazing place to work in.
Investigative Specialist (GS7/Step1) (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NE 68137August 30, 2018
I loved working with highly skilled and professional people. It was an amazing experience and I'm very thankful to have worked here. I will say that it is very rewarding to have worked for the FBI.
Pros
Amazing Benefits!
Great Career
SPECIAL AGENT (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 29, 2019
It has been a long and interesting career. I have participated in all kinds of different operations and seen a lot of places both domestically and internationally. The FBI has it's problems, like any other large organization, but there are so many great opportunities and it is what you make of it. It is more of a calling and you should only think about doing it if you are passionate about helping others.
Pros
Good pay and good experience.
Cons
Long hours, stress
Excellent
Subject Matter Expert (SME) (Current Employee) –  Stafford, VAJuly 9, 2018
1) Daily work is very fast paced
2) Learned about DNA
3) Management is ok
4) Workplace culture is good
5) Very past faced
6) I have been working with the CODIS (DNA) project since 11 years.
Pros
Free Sodas and snacks
Cons
Good health benifits
Good place to work.
Special Agent/Criminal Investigator (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 2, 2018
The fbi is a good place to work for the long term. The benefits are good, but there is some moving/relocating involved. Career advancement is optional and may require a stint in Washington DC.
Good place, good people, most inetresting
Special Agent, FBI (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 29, 2018
It is a demanding place to work, but the most interesting place to work. The pay and benefits and pay are good; however, advancement is not necessarily based on merit; this is not to say there aren't good people in management. You will probably have to relocate a time or tow in your career, but you are adequately compensated. Co-workers are helpful and encouraging.
Pros
good pay, good people, professional environment
Cons
It can be strenuous. If you don't want to work, don't go there.
Really good place to work
Human Resource Generalist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 7, 2018
There is really nothing negative to say while I work for the company. It was a great place to work. With a lot of opportunities for advancement within the company. Great benefits along with being able to travel around the world.
Exciting and challenging work environment
Supervisory Administrative Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAOctober 24, 2018
A typical work day is supporting investigations for an assigned program. I've learned a lot over the years, there are a lot of training and development opportunities. Most management is supportive of employees and the culture of the FBI is ever changing. The hardest part of the job is going with supporting the flow of the investigations as they change and develop. The most enjoyable part of the job is the reward of completing the investigations and the people.
Pros
People and work
Cons
Not enough flexibity in schedules (teleworking)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FBI. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight