FBI Employee Reviews

it's the government
Security Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 12, 2018
its the federal government. you have great benefits, but the people that you work with are either not good people to work with or to friendly to get work done. only a few employee have a great balance of work life and their are usually the ones that get overlooked in raises and praises.
Investigative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 9, 2018
Loved working their other than being blind sided by management that I was being let go less than a week before I was off probation. First I was told because of a date on my resume than I was told because of lack of education. My team leader was surprised I was being let go, but I took the chance to go back to school finally since I did not have a chance on active duty. I will try again after I get my degree.
GREAT WORK PLACE work culture was a one
PSA (Personal Security Assistant) (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 8, 2018
Work place great but the supervision was not good at just bad people put in position. Unit Chief could be more aware of things, could also be communicate with employees
Review
Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 5, 2018
Great Organization. Leadership is great along with the people who work here. I would highly recommend employment with the Bureau to anyone else out there.
Challenging and engaging work
Management and Program Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DC 20535August 2, 2018
I learn something new every day. I have worked with extremely bright and hard-working colleagues. The work is very interesting and is important to our society.
Mission focused agency with lively coworkers
Management and Program Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 1, 2018
Great coworkers who support the mission and other employees. Each day there is a substantial amount of work and the freedom to get it completed based on your grade level and ability to do so. I have learned to accomplish goals within set deadlines, multitask and gain knowledge and share the skillsets that I learned with other coworkers. The hardest part of the job is the demand and unpredictability of work assignments. The most enjoyable part is getting to know and learn to work with different personalities.
Pros
Subsidy for public transportation
Cons
Time that it takes to advance within the agency
Poor Lifestyle
PAL (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVJuly 31, 2018
Don't take this job unless you're prepared to write reports all day. And if you don't write enough they will fire you. Rarely do they take the time and try and investigate why report numbers are not up to their standards. So much for the "Investigation" part of their name. Very "clique" orientated environment. Seen it many times, if someone doesn't like you then you're gone.
Pros
Birthday parties
Cons
Everything else
Not a Job but a Career Choice
Special Agent/Supervisory Special Agent (Former Employee) –  FBIHQJuly 27, 2018
I was a Special Agent for over 27 years. I found the Bureau to be everything I could have asked for in a law enforcement career. It was often times stressful filled with long work hours and I was transferred 5 times all around the country. As a Special Agent who worked primarily criminal investigations, I really felt that I was able to help protect people and make a positive contribution to our country. Almost everyday was exciting and different. As long as you demonstrate you are competent, a self-starter, and are able to obtain results, management for the most part stays out of your way. There are downsides to the job which cannot be overlooked. The job can be very stressful from having so much responsibility and you can potentially get into a lot of trouble based on what you did or didn't do in an investigation. If you work criminal matters, you at some point will find yourself in a life threatening situation. You will work long hours and be on call every day dependent on what is happening in your investigations or in the investigations being conducted by your peers. More than likely you will be transferred at least 2x in your career. Mine included varied places like New Mexico, Michigan, Texas, and FBIHQ. Although tough on the family, I found being transferred to be one of the most rewarding aspects of the job. In conclusion, the Bureau is a great place to work and there is a niche for everyone from criminal investigators, intelligence agents, HRT operators, to pilots etc.
Pros
Exciting Work, Challenging Work, Meaningful Work
Cons
Long Work Hours, Transfers, Dangerous Situations, Stressful
Good opportunities
Operational Support Technician (OST) (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 23, 2018
A lot of good opportunities throughout the organization. Great networking opportunities and groups to get involved with after you get your in with the organization.
Respect for All

4.Peaceful

Hardest part of the job
1.Finding a parking place during weekdays
2. Cost of parking

Most enjoyable part of the job
1. Colleagues gathering to have some tea and some zen moments
2. Knowing my minute work is instrumental in having one less
dangerous out there.
wish I never left
Communications Security Custodian (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJuly 14, 2018
Excellent place to work, great agents, small office, great staff. I wish I never left to pursue legal work but was young and naive. If you are lucky enough to work here, dont leave!
Review
IT Specialist (Current Employee) –  Clarksburg, WV 26306July 13, 2018
Most days are spent directing the contractor for work to be performed per the contract. Answering email is a large part of the work and helping staff get what they need to perform their jobs.

I have learned many things about communication and leadership while in the project management roles as well as lead roles for other tasks. Management is very helpful at providing support.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
Need more time off
Most satisfying job I have ever had
EEO Invstigator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 12, 2018
The best job if you want to serve the country, not necessarily in uniform. Most satisfying meaningful job I have had with unequaled opportunities to participate in challenging and diverse investigations around the world. You are only limited by your own imposed limitations in this position.
Pros
Job satisfaction
Cons
Demanding schedule
Make a difference daily
Supervisory Special Agent (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 10, 2018
The work is extremely important. Lots of administrative hurdles to doing the simplest things. There are tons of different things you can do on this job but you have to go out and find them. Serve in the US or abroad. Overall: recommend.
Excellent
Subject Matter Expert (SME) (Current Employee) –  Stafford, VAJuly 9, 2018
1) Daily work is very fast paced
2) Learned about DNA
3) Management is ok
4) Workplace culture is good
5) Very past faced
6) I have been working with the CODIS (DNA) project since 11 years.
Pros
Free Sodas and snacks
Cons
Good health benifits
Government Job
Special Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLJuly 6, 2018
This is a typical government job with federal investigative responsibilities. Must be able to communicate, written and orally, and interact with others well.
Hard to get in but worth the wait
Associate Chief Security Officer/Acting Chief (Current Employee) –  Kapolei, HIJuly 5, 2018
Great if you're an agent, not so great if you're professional staff. If you stay in one location your whole career without having to transfer it may be better. If you try to transfer as a non-agent they will give you the worst possible time.
Outstanding Work Place
Director (Current Employee) –  Washington DCJuly 4, 2018
Outstanding Place to work and contribute. Service to country is the driving factor at this organization. Protecting the American people against threats.
great profession
Special Agent (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 2, 2018
was a great place to work challenge unpredictability and a sense of adventure not seen anywhere else I am proud of my service and my accomplishments won several awards in my career
Good people doing great work
Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 30, 2018
Hard working people with passion to serve and protect. Truth and justice will always prevail. It is a culture like no other with blended professions of many talented people who go unnoticed and still work hard everyday to serve and protect the country.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FBI. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight