Fabick Cat

Fabick Cat Employee Reviews

United States53 reviews
Good people to work with
Overall, a great place to work. If you're willing to work. Sometimes challenging, but you can grow there with opportunities for advancement. Other employees willing to help, if you show interest in your job.
Pros
Best benefits, great pay
Cons
economy driven business
May 27, 2020
We definitely agree! Fabick Cat's dedicated employees, strong benefits and opportunities for advancement make this a great work environment to be a part of. We appreciate you taking the time to write this post and share your experience!
Hard but Good Work
its hard work outdoor in the elements with equipment, but rewarding - would of enjoyed more teamwork environment - seem to be very unfriendly and set in their way folk.
March 25, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We greatly appreciate your support and dedication to the company! If you have any concerns about your current situation, please don't hesitate to reach out to your dedicated Human Resources professional, as they would be more than happy to work with you!
Very Interesting Workplace
I am an Ag Systems Technology Major and worked as a service manager as an intern. It was a great opportunity and helped me learn great communication skills as well as great managing skills.
March 25, 2020
We greatly appreciate your feedback about your internship with us! It's always great to hear when our intern employees are learning quality skills and experience on the job!
Not up front in the interview
Was told I could work in the shop in the interview after being in a yard position for a year. That was a lie do to it would cost to much money to move me into that position. I have 8+ years of mechanic experience and had a willingness to learn. Company has a lot of managment issues and is not willing to advance you.
April 1, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your current experience. We greatly value your work, and we would encourage you to discuss your concerns regarding advancement with your manager and/or your local HR representative. An identified growth path for our hardworking, dedicated employees is very important to us. Thanks again and look forward to hearing from you.
Great People at Fabick
Advancement was slow at Fabick, i was in the same position for 4 years before moving on to a new position. Upper Management did not help when employees felt overwhelmed in their positions with too much work. Although there were a few not so great things, i stuck around for the people i worked with. They felt like a family and i had a great experience working with almost everyone. I would go back if they had something that catered more to my new skill set.
March 25, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We appreciate the service you offered to the Fabick family and fellow employees during your time with us. As an organization, our greatest asset is our people. We place great importance on promoting employees internally, and developing our employees for the next step in their career. We apologize it didn't happen as quickly in your situation, and if the right opportunity arises that matches your new skill set, we would be happy to have you work for us again! Thank you again for your dedicated service!
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Great Job
Great Job, great co-workers, Flexible boss, good location, organized system, pays very well, workload was sustainable, decent hours, teaches a lot of experience
March 25, 2020
Thank you for your feedback! We truly appreciate your dedication and support for the greater cause, "To Ever Serve Our Customers Better". We have been in business for well over 100 years because of our people! Thank you for all that you do!
Can't get a raise
No way to advance, no support from management or HR. Women have no way to succeed. Managers are not held accountable and take your hard work as their own. Negotiate your pay before being hired. It's a family owned company but not a family ran company anymore.
April 1, 2020
We appreciate the time you took to share your experiences with us. We do value our dedicated employees, knowing that without our Fabick Cat family, we couldn't properly serve our customers. We also encourage current employees to openly voice their concerns to management and/or HR in order to create necessary solutions. In addition, we do offer many advancement opportunities for those interested in growing with us. We'd be happy to discuss in more detail with you. Please feel free to reach out to your local HR Business Partner and/or the Talent Sourcing Specialist and they would all be happy to work with you! Thanks again for your service and feedback.
Good atmosphere to work
Good place to work busy sometimes but. Work gets slow occasionally as well management is pretty much easy to get along with and good co workers also.i been there since 2011 had a few slow times in the work flow been laid off a few times during this period of employment not aways know what to expect with the coal market.
March 25, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We greatly appreciate your dedicated service to the company and our overall mission! Keep up the great work!
Nice Place to work
I got my foot in the door with the parts department. I was hoping with time to have the opportunity to work in the diesel end of things. I didn't get promoted to the field of my education. I mainly was in the parts department with occasional deliveries.
March 25, 2020
Thank you for your response, we appreciate your feedback. We take great pride in promoting our employees from within, and we would always like to encourage our employees to work with their supervisor on career growth opportunities. We are glad to hear you enjoyed working with us, and we truly appreciate the time you spent helping us in our pursuit "To Ever Serve Our Customers Better".
Seemed to be a "get the job done" kind of place. I didn't notice any employee perks or even chatting amoungst employees while I was there.
My job at Fabick was difficult because there were conflicting priorities. The Sales Manager wanted me to get the auction information to him right away so he could do his quotes and get his commission, but I fell behind on entering the trades because I was so busy doing the quotes. I ended up getting terminated because I couldn't keep up with the administrative aspect of the position. I always thought that was interesting, because the only question they asked during my interview was if I liked to do research on the internet. Not one other question!
Pros
Casual business attire.
Cons
No on-site HR to ask questions and get information.
April 1, 2020
Thank you for your review, we value and appreciate your feedback. We apologize for the experience you mentioned. We would like to encourage all employees to notify their dedicated HR representative in any unique situation, as they will always be available to assist with questions or concerns in situations such as this. In addition, we would like to encourage all employees to have open lines of communication with their managers regarding any confusion on expectations. Thank you for your feedback and we hope this response helps current and potential employees.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Fabick Cat?
Going downhill since 2015 merger
"Dysfunctional Family-Owned Business." The Family ownership are parasites on the business. Management is oblivious to the dissatisfaction of the employees. Management doesn't understand how badly they communicate with the employees. When there is communication, it doesn't pertain to what the employees want to know, and what communication there is, is late, incomplete or inaccurate. Employee morale is poor. The pay isn't bad to start with, but after that it's just barely above cost of living increases. Benefits (insurance, matching 401k) are good.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of useful communication of executive leadership
April 1, 2020
We appreciate the time you took to share your feelings. We do value our dedicated employees, knowing that without our Fabick Cat family, we couldn't properly serve our customers. We also understand that timely, accurate communication is key to a successful team environment. In order to grow, we listen. Employees are encouraged to voice their concerns and offer solutions to better serve our internal environment. We hope this response helps current or potential employees in knowing they have a voice! If you have any concerns please don't hesitate to contact your local HR Representative. Thanks again for your hard work!
Poor management contributing to unhappy employees
Used to be family oriented and a good company to work for; now corporate-run with a deteriorating work culture. Poor management over the past few years has contributed to an unhealthy work environment. Old culture: Employees took pride in working for the organization because they felt valued and treated with respect. New culture: Employees feel like a number and feel like their voices and concerns are not heard.
April 1, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We apologize for the feelings you expressed, and we would like to always offer solutions. We encourage employees to openly communicate concerns and discuss questions they have regarding expectations with their manager and HR Representative. We pride ourselves in developing a team of empowered employees, all focused on winning together. Although you no longer work for us, we hope this feedback provided will guide current and future potential employees. We thank you again for your time!
bad job
If you want a job where they don't comunicate with you
No help or training for parts counter. Manager is stuck up and don't care about his employees
March 25, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We apologize for your particular experience, and we would like to encourage you to visit with your dedicated Human Resources professional to address the issues you're claiming. We appreciate the dedication and support from all of our employees, and we place a high priority on ensuring all employees feel valued and happy in their role. Thanks again for your service!
Full Time Inside Sales
Cold and Warm calls
Learned all about earth moving equipment

Management was less than POOR

Workplace was very lax

Hardest part was allowing management to speak to me poorly

Most enjoyable part was speaking with the owner every day. He and I got along very well.
Pros
Wonderful owner
Cons
Horrible Management in the marketing department
March 25, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share this response - we greatly appreciate your feedback, as we are always looking to keep our best asset, our employees, happy and healthy! We would like to encourage all employees to speak with their dedicated Human Resource professional if any sort of complications arise that should require awareness to their unique situation. Thanks again for all of your hard work!
Don't work here
Watch your back so that you will know who put the knife in it. Not a very team oreintated organization, a lot of internal issues. The expectations are unatainable and not clear.
April 1, 2020
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We always encourage our employees to keep the lines of communication open, and speak with your manager and/or HR Representative if there's a confusion on expectations. If there's ever any unique situation that requires attention, your HR Representative would be happy to speak with you to identify solutions. Thanks again for your service.
Great Place to Work!
Fabick Cat is a tremendous organization to work for! This is a family owned and operated company, and we definitely have a family oriented culture. Everyone cares about each other's personal and professional goals. The work/life balance is above standards. You have the flexibility to get your job done, and live a normal life at the same time. The compensation is very healthy in accordance to market standards as well.

This organization offers the opportunity to work with great people, grow in your career, and enjoy every day life coming to work. I wouldn't change employers for anything. Once you get here, you realize how awesome it truly is to be a part of this organization. You'll never want to leave.
Pros
Culture, Management, Career Growth
Cons
I honestly love my job, and I couldn't think of anything that is important to mention that would be negative, if you come and work hard you will have a great career here!
Family owned and growing
Fabick is successful and growing. It is a good place to work. There is ability to learn and grow here too. Sometimes there is too much work to do with too little resources
Pros
Family owned, growing and successful
Cons
Too much to do with too little
July 19, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We highly value the development of our employees for internal growth opportunities. We are continuing to see growth as an organization and we would like to offer the credit to all of our employees (like you!) for our successes as a company.Thank you for all of your dedicated support and the Fabick family greatly appreciates your commitment to our organization.
Dont work to hard
Dont work to hard, it makes upper management look bad and they dont like that. You want a company that sees you as a number, then sign up for this place.
April 1, 2020
Thank you for service and dedication to the organization. Although we disagree with you, we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. We place high importance on our employees feeling valued and empowered to grow within the company. If you're ever feeling this way, we would encourage you to speak to your manager or HR Representative to identify necessary solutions to resolve the issue, or place you in a position that better fits your skills, goals and aspirations. Thanks again for your feedback.
Time Off Policy is OLD Age
The company has great medical, dental and life benefits. The vision is ok and is within the standard. The PTO policy is awful. If you don't mind very limited time off for 7 years before earning anymore then this is the place for you. It is a great place t work otherwise. The family is very strong in the community and care about their employees in a lot of ways. The pay is ok, negotiate when you start, the increases are low and they claim people max on the pay scale way earlier than really do. I am guessing they use the same pay scale as they do where it was ok have such little PTO for so long. From the old ages.
Pros
Atmosphere, benefits - medical/dental etc.
Cons
PTO and Pay IncreasesF
April 1, 2020
Thank you for your dedication and support that you offered to the organization and Fabick Cat family as a whole during your time with us. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. We would like to share that we are very competitive in accordance to our benefits offerings from a market perspective. If you ever require additional time off for any particular situation, we are always willing to work with individual employees and their managers to identify solutions. We appreciate your dedication and service to the organization, and thank you again for sharing your feedback!
Stressful stressful
Job was great but then they took advantage of me made me feel like I was the lowest of the low.. People make you feel like your nothing if your not a manager
March 25, 2020
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are terribly sorry you felt this way in your situation, and we would like all employees to speak with their dedicated Human Resource professional if any sort of unique situation like this arises. It's extremely important that all employees feel happy and valued, and if that is ever in question we want to be there to help! We can't thank you enough for the service you offered!
Fine job
Decent people and an okay job. Monday thru Friday and vacation time off. Standard employment. Good people to work with, really nice group of guys. Occasionally free lunch from Jimmy johns.
March 25, 2020
Thank you taking the time to share your feedback with us! We can't thank you enough for the work you offered to us during your assignment to help us in our pursuit to ever serve our customers better!