Play YouTube video button

Fabick Cat Employee Reviews

bad job
Truck Technician, Parts conter (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIMarch 26, 2019
If you want a job where they don't comunicate with you
No help or training for parts counter. Manager is stuck up and don't care about his employees
Full Time Inside Sales
Marketing & Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 21, 2019
Cold and Warm calls
Learned all about earth moving equipment
Management was less than POOR
Workplace was very lax
Hardest part was allowing management to speak to me poorly
Most enjoyable part was speaking with the owner every day. He and I got along very well.
Pros
Wonderful owner
Cons
Horrible Management in the marketing department
Don't work here
Territory Manager Power Systems (Former Employee) –  WisconsinMarch 12, 2019
Watch your back so that you will know who put the knife in it. Not a very team oreintated organization, a lot of internal issues. The expectations are unatainable and not clear.
Great Place to Work!
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fenton, MOFebruary 5, 2019
Fabick Cat is a tremendous organization to work for! This is a family owned and operated company, and we definitely have a family oriented culture. Everyone cares about each other's personal and professional goals. The work/life balance is above standards. You have the flexibility to get your job done, and live a normal life at the same time. The compensation is very healthy in accordance to market standards as well.

This organization offers the opportunity to work with great people, grow in your career, and enjoy every day life coming to work. I wouldn't change employers for anything. Once you get here, you realize how awesome it truly is to be a part of this organization. You'll never want to leave.
Pros
Culture, Management, Career Growth
Cons
I honestly love my job, and I couldn't think of anything that is important to mention that would be negative, if you come and work hard you will have a great career here!
Dont work to hard
Lead Parts (Former Employee) –  Marquette, MIOctober 4, 2018
Dont work to hard, it makes upper management look bad and they dont like that. You want a company that sees you as a number, then sign up for this place.
Time Off Policy is OLD Age
Lead Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fenton, MOAugust 20, 2018
The company has great medical, dental and life benefits. The vision is ok and is within the standard. The PTO policy is awful. If you don't mind very limited time off for 7 years before earning anymore then this is the place for you. It is a great place t work otherwise. The family is very strong in the community and care about their employees in a lot of ways. The pay is ok, negotiate when you start, the increases are low and they claim people max on the pay scale way earlier than really do. I am guessing they use the same pay scale as they do where it was ok have such little PTO for so long. From the old ages.
Pros
Atmosphere, benefits - medical/dental etc.
Cons
PTO and Pay IncreasesF
Stressful stressful
Washer/Detailer (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOAugust 14, 2018
Job was great but then they took advantage of me made me feel like I was the lowest of the low.. People make you feel like your nothing if your not a manager
Fine job
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOAugust 12, 2018
Decent people and an okay job. Monday thru Friday and vacation time off. Standard employment. Good people to work with, really nice group of guys. Occasionally free lunch from Jimmy johns.
Lab Assistant
Asst (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJune 30, 2018
Helped in the lab to analysis the oil from the equipment that was used. This help in knowing on the equipment was needing to keep them operating probably.
good company
Warehouse Person (Former Employee) –  Negaunee, MIMarch 8, 2018
good company parts systems are a bit cumbersome and out dated specially for such a big company other than that they gave me a start to my career in heavy equipment.
excellent place to work
Counterman (Former Employee) –  in fentonDecember 11, 2017
great place to work in parts. penalized for being too fast to learn new applications in servicing customers. learned new ways to look up parts for customers.
Pros
union protection
Cons
boss who didn't appreciate how fast i learned things
Poor upper management
Parts Warehouseman (Former Employee) –  Marion, ILNovember 21, 2017
More with less. Hardest part of job no communcation from mangement. You used to be like family now you are just a number. Too many chiefs not indians.
Everyone worked well together at our store
Service Parts Rental Administrator (Current Employee) –  Marion, ILOctober 20, 2017
Only leaving because our store is closing down . Loved working with this group of guys. Enjoyed all the daily correspondence with the customers. Would of worked her until retirement if it would of stayed open
Ok
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 9, 2017
A typical day was listening to jobs that needed fixed and repaired and then performing the duties and requirments to fix those items. Some days were slower than others and some days were a running go from the beginning. Overall a good experience.
Was a good place to work.
Parts Manager (Former Employee) –  Lacrosse, WIJuly 5, 2017
I can't speak to the new owner situation. But when it was WI based company it was a good place to work. They had some troubles, but nothing egregious. They liked to run lean which leads to lots of overtime opportunity. When new owners came on board I had a new opportunity and parted ways. Not to much to say as this company no longer exists.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
Short Staffed
Good company to work for, with good benifits
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fenton, MOJune 6, 2017
prototypical day job, you go in do your work and go home. people are friendly, and upper management was accessible. The are big on safety. They do have lots of training.
Pros
got to see the Vice President of the USA
Cons
some work days are slow
Not a terrible place to work, good benefits
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOFebruary 7, 2017
A typical day at work, I go in and start on ups if it's there, then thru out the day you pull and pack out orders ranging from 1line to 99lines. Also have to rebuild various kinds of hoses, load and unload trucks, talk to customers and sign out their parts. Cleanliness is big here. Pretty good benefits.
Pros
Hour long lunches, vacation pretty much off the bat
Cons
Warehouse temperature
Good
Mechanic/Welder (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 23, 2016
Have worked her as a mechanic, and welder. During that time I have had many opportunities to learn and gain experience through the tasks that I was required to preform.
Terrible management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIAugust 24, 2016
This is a horrible company to work for. Some of the employee's are nice and some of the employee's get away with everything. I have never seen a company that the employee's work harder at getting out of work than the work that they are required to do. Service manager knows nothing about running the service department, a micromanager. Can not go to HR for anything, remember they do work for the company, can not move around in the company to learn a different job. Can't ask questions, right away you have a target on your back. Benefits are okay, pay is good.
Pros
Good pay and benefits, but that has gone down hill also
Cons
Management and HR
FABICK CAT - Good work environment & great benefits
Industrial/OEM Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJuly 6, 2016
The service technicians were excellent to work with. I learned to coordinate closely with them to complete projects on time. The work environment allowed me the freedom to work efficiently with minimal oversight. My co-workers were friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. The most difficult aspect of the job was scheduling and the logistics associated with the timely arrival of third party vendor components. The most enjoyable detail of the job was creating new items to meet customer needs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fabick Cat. Our community is ready to answer.