Facebook Employee Reviews

very productive , Job is also very flexable
Remote - Tech Support (Current Employee) –  RemoteSeptember 23, 2017
- a typical work day will be recruiting others to join in on the job raising your paycheck
- I have learned what it takes to build a managing promoting team that can be used for any sort of items/goods using any social media platform
-Management is very helpful and considerate of peoples needs and or working schedules, also very respectful to all employees
-The hardest part of the job is sorting through recruits who may end up wasting time or not being motivated enough/ getting new recrtuits
-The most enjoyable part of the job is that you can work from anywhere you can access your laptop from and isn't required of too much from you
Pros
able to work anywhere at anytime
Cons
depending on your level pay may be based upon recruits
Fast paced, awesome co-workers
Software Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Menlo Park, CASeptember 20, 2017
A really fast-paced place with "move fast" culture, wonderful environment, co-workers are expert at their own area and really nice. A lot of perks and events, in general a great place for engineers.
all my community know my bussines
Blue Pastry (Current Employee) –  MexicoSeptember 8, 2017
The best and fast way to show my talent and skills.
I am available to my costumers 24\7
I response in my free time
My costumers can see my creations and review them.
Pros
free and fast publicity
Cons
bad recommendations and previews
Productive, New Technology, redic benefits - Too many boozing managers
Engineer (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 23, 2017
Amazing benefits, but have to be held under a microscope every 6 months for achievement review. Anything perceived as slacking or not advancing' is failure. Yet breaking things as part of 'learning experience' and 'feed back is a gift' are offered as mantra. Yet if you are on the wrong side of a manager none of that means diddly.

Remember to go directly to HR with complaints. Working within your bosses management structure means drinking partners all know which bottle they last shared.
Pros
Amazin benefits
Cons
Declared as a startup atmosphere, it's been overrun by Corporate fiends in the last 18 months.
Great Company
Public Content Analyst (Current Employee) –  Menlo Park, CAAugust 22, 2017
Facebook is a great company. Even though I am contracted, I still get amazing perks. This is also my first job out of college so I cannot complain.

Wish there were more opportunities for contractors though. Not much upward mobility.
Pros
Food, coworkers are cool
Cons
no growth
Fun productive place a good opportunity to network.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 22, 2017
A day at work begins with report and follows a guideline of expectations. The workspace is relax and enjoyable. The hardest part is to maintain employee safe while at the same time enforcing security. The key is to stay on your toes and be vigilant.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
limited breaks
Fast pase and growing job
FOH/ Prep/Cook (Current Employee) –  Menlo Park, CAAugust 3, 2017
It's a fun place to work Monday-Friday schedule with a diverse group of coworkers. There's is opportunity to grow in the company, but sometimes there is a lot of employee favoritism at the location I was at.
Pros
Insurance plans and PTO
Cons
Your a contingent while working there not permanent.
great place to work, too expensoive to live near though
Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Menlo Park, CAJuly 24, 2017
i would not be leaving if i could afford to stay. great co workers, great hours/schedule, lots of fun. i am encouraged to do what i am passionate about and i am given the tools to do my job well.
Learning experience
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 24, 2017
I worked at Facebook as Security.. Each day was different and I learned something new. The environment was wonderful to be in & everyone was pleasent.
Pros
Free breakfast and lunches
Creative Fast-paced Team oriented On purpose Fun Charismatic .....
Training and Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Menlo Park, CAJuly 18, 2017
The reviews were basically very positive when it came to working within Facebook's office arena in Menlo Park. Team work and its benefits were expressed a great deal. Working with fabulous smart, creative, helpful people was paramount. Management left me with a downer view. Though cooperative somewhat, overall mgt. was not mature in ability and at least, not well trained. A lot of reviewers expressed how they look forward to coming to work every morning. A beneficial, thriving, energetic, uplifting, results producing, fun work environment is obvious. A great group of people within structured teams. Tantalizing possibilities working within Facebook's culture.
Pros
people team oriented smart, vision driven, kind
Cons
Status quo management class.

Want to know more about Facebook?

Ask a question
Best job ever
Audio/Video Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 12, 2017
I'm just an intern, but my time spent here has been a great experiences. It is high populated work office, very mix culture. The most enjoyable part of the company was not only my position but actually interacting with everyone. The energy dynamic throughout the company.
In hindsight, not a pleasant experience
Product (Former Employee) –  Menlo Park, CAJune 19, 2017
Originally I was so excited to get to work at this company, then once you see what it's really about and how the work experience is, you realize that these are the values that are ruining the world for the decent middle people.
fun place to work
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJune 16, 2017
This was a fun job some of the old timers were fun some were not so fun to work with. Working at the Star had it's pluses it did like it alot it had a good work life balance. I started on a pilot program for a digital side ImPRESS LOCAL which didn't survive but it was fun while it lasted.
Pros
Fun working with the digital side
Cons
Not so fun working with the Print side
Excellent
Social Media Evaluator (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXJune 10, 2017
I would definitely come back to Facebook as my experience with them was extremely positive. Not to mention working from home can be a blessing on its own. Pay is great, but no benefits as a contractor.
very open workplace
Product Support Analyst Lead (Current Employee) –  Menlo Park, CAJune 8, 2017
By working here, you really experience the meaning of working as a team. Which means everyone trying to help each other in order to improve company's service/product for their customer.
good company
Hackathon (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMay 25, 2017
Culture, Unlimited PTO, WFH options, open to ideas, value employees, great work/life balance.
Cons
Favoritism, some managers/directors do not have enough experience, a lot of favoritism, major changes made with 1 day notice, over time is not given to anyone not on the companies mainline. Merit increases keep decreasing.
Advice to Management
Stop playing favorites and promoting your bar buddies!
Productive work day as security
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Menlo Park, CAMay 24, 2017
I enjoy the work i do at facebook. Best part is seeing the happy clients smile everyday. Knowing im doing my job and keeping them happy is the best feeling.
Fast moving, wonderful pace, great place to be.
N00b Operations Intern, Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Menlo Park, CAMay 23, 2017
Facebook is thorough and an enthusiastic place to work. Creative minded problem solvers make this company a great environment to be in. Thrilled to be there.
Pros
Free Travel, Free Food, Bikes
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Menlo Park, CAMay 23, 2017
Great to place work, treat their employees well. There's a great work life balance and lots of perks to working their including free meals and other things. Great environment.
Excellent company culture and inspiring environment
Public Content Analyst Contractor (Current Employee) –  Menlo Park, CAMay 17, 2017
I have been working at Facebook as a contractor for almost 2 years

Aside from the countless perks that are literally too long to list out here, one of the best things about this company is it's people. Everyone goes above and beyond to help each other to succeed. It truly is a team effort.

I love coming to work every morning and I'm always excited about what each day it's going to bring.

Probably the best thing I can say is that working at FB is about productivity. it's a pleasure working with people who are all concerned with producing a good product and making the best of the time spent while doing it.
Pros
Uncountable perks and inspiring environment
Cons
Hard to turn from contractor to full-time position

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Facebook. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2