Facilities Management Services, Inc Employee Reviews

I learned alot while working there.
Janitorial Lead (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 21, 2019
I wouldn't recommend this job to someone who is need of a long time career. This job is only for someone who's trying to get on at a job quickly, I wouldn't stay.
its bad
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Madison, INAugust 9, 2019
i didnt get paid enough to put up with the stuff i put up with. they kinda are rude about alot of things and the need for satisfaction is unreal oh and apprently none will care about your feelings. i dont recommend it.
Good place work , nice atmosphere.
Part time custodian (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 8, 2019
Over all good place work. Understanding supervisor, but not job advancement. At part time. Night shift position. Not a different job to do. Just fast paced. And usually eight hour work with three of four hours time worked.
Pros
Friend associates.
Cons
Not enough hours. For distance I traveled
Company management changed
Account Manager/Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 24, 2019
I thought this was the best company in Louisville I could work for and they had some of the best managers. We all worked so good together. Then one day out of nowhere they let me go. I feel they lost a very dedicated employee.
Pros
Was a great place to work.
Cons
Never know when they may let you go and not give you a reason.
Horrible place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KY/ shepherdsville KyMay 11, 2019
Worked for construction clean up crew management is horrible and fired me saying i denied a drug screen and that was not the truth!! Come to find out the manager wanted his friend in my position. Not only did they do me dirty they did about 6 or 7 other people i know dirty as well. Management and owners are all friends and family so moving up would be impossible. Also accused me of taking the company gas card but that wasnt true either. I paid for my own gas in my own vehicle and drove where ever they needed me to go do interviews and I saw no difference in pay for traveling. After working for FMS i saw several janitorial people at UPS over worked and under paid and management never checked on them. Horrible company but find out for yourself.
Pros
Non
Cons
Non
It's ok
Custodial supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLApril 22, 2019
The managers all work together. They work close with their employees. The only thing I didn't like, was they chose seniority over everything. Pretty much "favoritism"
Work independently without supervision
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 7, 2019
A good job strictly for extra income, but no room for advancement if you're trying to stay aboard with the company. As long as you're coming to work each day, they won't contact you, nor will you see management and if you need to speak to management, they will avoid you and rarely respond back to you.
Pros
Paid vaction and a small taxed bonus each year you're employed
Cons
Poor management and management will become angry with you for you trying to better yourself
Poor Management
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Thomas Nelson High SchoolNovember 10, 2018
If you are not in certain cliques then you will end up doing the majority if not all the work. When you express your concerns about unfair work loads you are fired the next day. Conflict of interest is constantly a problem and a huge contribution to the poor management and unfair work loads for very little pay. A waste of time and effort for all who applied, but if you have a heartbeat they will hire you. Constant revolving door of people in and out of this company again came down to poor management.
Pros
Some of the employees I met.
Cons
To many to list, waste of time.
This company give u great opportunities to grow
Asst. Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 18, 2018
I enjoy working there the libraries have been a different change in workplace love working with my employees they have great opportunities for u to move forward
Pros
Love working with others
Cons
Not enough workers
Maintain whatevsr i was asked
Ucsd facilities managment (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 17, 2018
It was a ver smooth job i was givrn clear detsils on what was expexted me. The pay was very good, allot of work that keep you busy but also makes the day go buy fast
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Did allot of work
Excellent part time
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 25, 2018
Worked there different time for the organization. Job duties were explained excellently. Weekly feed back from management on performance. Very flexible when it came to work life balance.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Low pay
Casual
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 10, 2018
I work as a relief janitor and I go in when somebody is ill, has doctor's appointment, or has vacation days and I fill that person's route through a large coal fired power plant. There are four people on the crew and the work is not difficult and there is plenty of time to complete the assigned route.

The crew is excellent and works well together. The management is excellent.

The most enjoyable part of the job are the employees at the power plant. They are a diverse skill set, From the management staff to the engineers to the hourly workers and contactors. There is little friction and they are a pleasure to work around.
Poorly Managed
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Oil City, PAJanuary 3, 2018
This job was a last resort and even still is not worth my time. Probably an okay place to work if you are fulltime. Management just "sweeps a lot under the rug" and is mildly careless when issues are brought up. Pay is good but only reason employees stay.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor Management
Great
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VASeptember 21, 2017
Hopeful I can get back into the University of Virginia.. The work was great meeting new people and moving to new around to become more in the business.
Productive and Fun Work Place
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 16, 2016
Supervisor of a small group making sure we kept the area cleaned for the people to have a clean work enviroment and building relationships with the customer.
Good place to work.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VASeptember 28, 2015
The job was good and I liked it because I was able to work and still get my school work done. The job did not take away from my studies.
Pros
Good hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Facilities Management Services, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Facilities Management Services, Inc Reviews by Location