Factory Expo Home Centers Employee Reviews

Factory Expo Homes
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  CorporateOctober 17, 2018
Great place to work! One of he fastest growing companies in America. Growth opportunities. Fast paced and creative company. Locations all across America.
Pros
Growth opportunities
A Review From a 10 Year Employee
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Woodburn, ORSeptember 5, 2018
A commissioned only sales position is not for everybody. You have to be skilled at sales, be able to multi-task, and have the drive to be successful. I have been with Factory Expo Homes for 10 years. Prior to that I worked at a manufactured home factory as an inside and outside sales rep. So coming in to Factory Expo I had both sales and industry experience. The first seven years I was a housing consultant and I had years making $80k-$100k. I am currently a general manager at the same store and I have housing consultants making $100k plus. So YES, it can be lucrative if you are skilled with people, a hard worker, and are in the right environment.

Factory Expo is dedicated to internet marketing. The website generates many leads daily and we get many phone calls. There is no such thing as cold calling here. Everyone we call has asked us to contact them. Most locations are right at the factory where the homes are built, which is a huge competitive advantage.

My overall experience has been great. The company has supported me throughout the years. They are always looking for ways to stay ahead of the competition and give everyone the tools to be successful.

Lastly, we have had ZERO turnover in the last 3 years at our location.
Pros
Fast paced and financially rewarding
Cons
Takes time to build your pipeline
Love my job!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lake City, FLAugust 27, 2018
Factory Expo is a progressive company that cares about their employees. Being a salesperson here is somewhat like having your own little business. You can be the determining factor in how much you make. It does take awhile to build your pipeline, and like all commissioned sales jobs, you need to work to keep it full but once things got rolling for me, my income has been very reliable and I'm making a great living. One the best parts about the job is that I get to help people find their dream home.
Pros
Friendly Office, great hours
Cons
Insurance is kind of expensive, but that's a nationwide issue.
Alot of oppurtunity
Manager (Current Employee) –  Eastern UsAugust 9, 2018
Incredible team to work with. Love the fast pace. Abundance of opportunity for a driven , focused professional . The most enjoyable part of my job is , the ability to drive my salary , along with the teams I work with. No day is the same .
August 23, 2018

Thank you for the wonderful review, and yes every sales employee has the opportunity to direct their own destiny. Strong Sales Associates can really make a very good living. Does it take time? Yes. Just like the any commissioned sales job you've got to fill your pipeline and keep it filled. We are so happy you enjoy working for us, our employees are our greatest asset!

Great Company to Work For
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZJuly 30, 2018
I have been with Factory Expo Home Centers for almost 10 years, I have seen tremendous growth throughout the years. When I started working here, they had one sales center, they now have 22 locations nationwide.

The company culture is friendly and flexible, pay is in line with the current job market and any comments you see about high turnover are due to the nature of commissioned sales...it's certainly not for everyone. The right individual can find a lucrative sales career here.

I personally work on the administrative side. The owner is a fair minded entrepreneur and has the best interests of his employees at heart in all decisions.
Pros
work/life balance, culture, growth
Cons
none that I can think of
July 31, 2018

Thanks for the review, we love to see happy employees, after all our outstanding employees are what makes our company such a success.

Mobile Homes on Main
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 29, 2018
Work for Cavco!! I was a loyal Cavco employee for years. Then our building was purchased by Factory Expo Home Centers and everything changed. After 4 months I literally went broke. I also witnessed 5 employees leave in my short stay. Thankfully I was able to get back with Cavco and continue to support my family.
Pros
Very autonomous position I didn't hear much from the corporate office, Our office got remodeled to look much better.
Cons
Employees leaving, Bad pay structure and comissions, Leads fought over or outright stolen, Training was a joke
July 30, 2018

We are happy to hear that you found a job that was a better fit for you and very sorry that your employment with Factory Expo Home Centers/Mobile Homes on Main did not work out for you.

Mobile Homes on Main is one of our newest locations and sometimes when a company is first starting up an office it is hard to find the right fit and cohesiveness with staff. We also do not condone the behaviors you site (fighting over leads, stealing leads) and wish those activities would have been reported up the chain of command so they could have been addressed.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we do wish that you had a better experience, but understand that everyone must make moves that best fit their lives circumstances.

We are on our way to building a succesful team out at Mobile Homes on Main.

Sincerely,

The Factory Expo Team

can't recomend
Housing consultant (Former Employee) –  TexasMay 29, 2018
Upper management only cares about the money. Zero training and no support from marketing to produce traffic. Average of 2-3 calls per day on a good day. 1-3 customer walk in per week. You can't make any money as it take factory 5 months to produce the home and you don't get paid until delivery. By that time you have nothing due because of the advance you have to take.
Pros
Hours were great
Cons
no training and a lot of unkept promises by management
Rewarding Career
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Lillington, NCMay 5, 2018
Leads are disbursed from the internet & phone calls into the sales office. Opportunity for high income. You have to establish a pipeline-- like any home selling career. Great team atmosphere! Holidays and vacation. You have to be able to go through leads quickly to find your buyer, invite them in for appointment, tour through the factory and the model homes. You will be trained on everything. You just need to be coachable/teachable and you will find your self very successful with this growing company!
Pros
Beautiful Show homes, Great team, Training
Cons
Currently does not match 401k, however that could change!
Great Company to Grow With
N/A (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZMarch 29, 2018
Pros

The Company is in a perpetual state of rapid growth which gives motivated employees the opportunity to quickly move into roles which did not previously exist. During my time with the Company, almost all senior positions which came available were filled by internal candidates.

Cons

IT department had a difficult time keeping pace with growth. Systems and applications worked fine, but there were better alternatives. When I left things were in the process of being updated.

Advice to Management

Rapid growth can be difficult to manage. There is no way to stay ahead of all things all the time. Management did a good job of ensuring their most important asset (their people) were not victims of said growth. It's fun to work for a big company with a small company feel. As long as they continue to employ the same principles they will continue to be successful.
July 31, 2018

Thank you for the 5 star review! Factory Expo Home Centers has experienced significant growth through the years, expanding from just one location in 2005 to over 22 today. Growth does come with some challenges for sure, but we value our employees and truly understand that they are our greatest asset!

Sincerely,

The Factory Expo Team

way off about the pay rate
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, TNDecember 22, 2015
The summary about this job is not entirely correct. Realistically you can look at a $25,000 to $33,000 per year pay range, and there is not a lot of room for advancement at this office. They depend on clients coming from other far away areas to set up 'appointments' with the salesperson, but let's face it, not too many people from Missouri or Mississippi are going to go to Lafayette, Tennessee to look for a new home. Their financing options for people wanting to buy homes/land is atrocious. They think most people can pay cash for a new mobile home and have plenty of money to buy the land as well. In addition, the managers there can't properly explain the pay scale and you hardly ever get paid what you are expecting. And the pricing structure isn't that good anyway. Plus, there is very little support from the corporate office. From my understanding, some locations do well, just not the one in Tennessee. In closing, don't waste your time.
Pros
Going through the factory to see how homes are made
Cons
Expensive benefits package, lots of down time, bad commission structure

Hello,

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback.

It is our expectation that every employee receives the tools and support needed for success so we apologize for your experience.

Please do not hesitate to reach out, we are here to help.

Take care

Sales
sales representative (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZNovember 17, 2015
I've worked for the company for 2 years now and have done exceptionally well with my sales. As everyone knows, sales is a numbers game and if you maintain consistent follow up, make the required amount of calls each day and send emails, etc., you will do just fine.

There is A LOT to learn about this industry and the commissions don't come right away. There is training pay for the first three months which help since your first commission will take at least 2 months to get paid on.

The people at the location are great and corporate is very helpful. Anytime I've called corporate they have been friendly and answered my questions quickly.

Training could have been better, but if you study the information given on the products and take a factory tour, the rest comes easily.
Pros
Great company to work for
May 23, 2017

Hello and thanks for your feedback!

We appreciate you mentioning your training experience. Because of the recent feedback we’ve received, our program has been updated. The new and improved agenda is up and running!

Kind regards,

Micro Managed
Manufactured Home Sales (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FLOctober 12, 2015
I never even met my district manager and I was promoted in 5 months to project manager but they took all of my commissions away from me after selling 9 homes in 6 months.
Pros
Commissions
Cons
No Management in place

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

We have shared your observations with management and are investigating the matter. If you have additional details to provide, please send them to social@factoryexpohomes.com.

Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns.

-- Factory Expo Home Centers

This is an internet sales job for the most part
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  OfficeAugust 22, 2015
The one location is next to the Champion Home Factory and an easy way to show quality and price.
I enjoyed the work and the management but it was too far from my home and I personal did not make enough money or sales to stay.
Not a problem for others and I am glad I worked there as long as I did.
Pros
Well managed and good office help
Cons
Chandler Arizona was far from my home
May 23, 2017

Hello and thanks for your review!

Your feedback has been recorded and will be used as we evaluate our structure and compensation packages.

Please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you need anything at all. Thanks for your helpful review.

Factory Expo Home Centers
Housing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Burleson, TXMarch 3, 2015
My immediate General Manager and co-workers were great to work with. However, the structure of the company, stinks. There is no training. It's sink or swim, with no life jacket. Basically, the corporate office seems to take pride in people failing rather than being successful.
May 23, 2017

Thank you for your honest feedback.

We are sorry that you did not receive appropriate training. It is our expectation that every employee receives sufficient training to ensure success. As a result, we have recently overhauled our employee educational program, now in full swing.

Please don’t hesitate to get in touch if we can assist in any way.

Best of luck to you.

high stress . low pay , lack of training , total commission, high turnover
Licensed/Home sales (Former Employee) –  Burleson, TXFebruary 5, 2015
They advertise this job as 60,000. to 120,000 per year. You get a base pay for the first three months and then it is total commission.
Most do not make it to the 2nd month. Extremely high turnover.
Pros
nice customers, ok hours
Cons
high employee turnover, total commission, lack of upper manangment

Hello,

Thanks for your review. In response to recent feedback, we have completely revised our training program and the new agenda is up and running.

We have taken note of your feedback on compensation and will use it to evaluate our current and future packages.

Best of luck to you and your future endeavors.

--Factory Expo Home Centers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Factory Expo Home Centers. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about