Factory Expo Homes Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Rewarding Career
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Lillington, NCMay 5, 2018
Leads are disbursed from the internet & phone calls into the sales office. Opportunity for high income. You have to establish a pipeline-- like any home selling career. Great team atmosphere! Holidays and vacation. You have to be able to go through leads quickly to find your buyer, invite them in for appointment, tour through the factory and the model homes. You will be trained on everything. You just need to be coachable/teachable and you will find your self very successful with this growing company!
Pros
Beautiful Show homes, Great team, Training
Cons
Currently does not match 401k, however that could change!
Really enjoy my job, the company, people I work with
Sales (Current Employee) –  united statesMarch 29, 2018
This is a quickly growing company, Every day is different and I get to meet a lot of people every day and help them find the perfect home. There is no cold calling and the company invests in online marketing to bring in highly qualified leads. If you are strong in sales and put in the required work and follow up you can bring in a very strong income. I am saddened to see some of these poor reviews from sales staff, as I don't think they realize the amount of potential they are given with these qualified leads. I have worked in other sales organizations where I am expected to find all of my own leads. This is a great place to work and I enjoy my job very much.
Pros
Plenty of Qualified sales leads, strong factory direct business model
Cons
only con I can think of is that there is no 401k match, but that can be somewhat common in a privately held company
Great Company to Grow With
N/A (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZMarch 29, 2018
Pros

The Company is in a perpetual state of rapid growth which gives motivated employees the opportunity to quickly move into roles which did not previously exist. During my time with the Company, almost all senior positions which came available were filled by internal candidates.

Cons

IT department had a difficult time keeping pace with growth. Systems and applications worked fine, but there were better alternatives. When I left things were in the process of being updated.

Advice to Management

Rapid growth can be difficult to manage. There is no way to stay ahead of all things all the time. Management did a good job of ensuring their most important asset (their people) were not victims of said growth. It's fun to work for a big company with a small company feel. As long as they continue to employ the same principles they will continue to be successful.
Do Not Work Here
Home Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lynn, AL 35575December 8, 2017
I worked seven days a week at this job. My successes were never valued and I was not paid as promised. The medical insurance had a $6500 individual deductible and was terrible. I liked the business model of the company and had a fair degree of success. They do a fantastic job of sales training; but a terrible job of teaching sales processing. This caused unnecessary delays in pay or forfeiture of pay. Your commission would be delayed because you didn't complete a form that you never knew existed. They were always adding new forms and never sent memos about the forms. They would find ways to delay your commissions causing the money to be consumed by draw. The people I worked directly with were fantastic. Corporate is very distant and expects you to read their minds. I never worked so hard for so little since high school. I was broke and physically exhausted when I left.
Pros
Health Insurance $6500 annual individual deductible
Cons
I have never worked so hard to be so broke.
January 16, 2018

Hello,

Thanks for your review, we appreciate your candid thoughts.

Your feedback has been shared with the appropriate staff and is currently being reviewed.

We encourage our employees to share feedback as much as possible. For example, in response to recent feedback we received from several employees, we updated our employee educational package and moving forward, the program will be closely monitored and continued to be updated as needed.

Employee feedback is also taken into account as we evaluate our benefits packages.

If you would like to provide additional details or simply get in touch, please email us at social@factoryexpohomes.com

We wish you well! Thanks for all of your hard work.

- Factory Expo Home Centers

Beware of the General Mgr. in Ocala
Office (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLAugust 14, 2017
This Manager is not qualified to be in management.
He treats people with total disrespect,
Has an exploding temper over smallest things.
Acts all sweet and nice to your face when he wants to, but then stabs everyone in the back. He puts on the "nice" act, but he is just the opposite.He loves to talk DOWN to you and anyone he can.
No matter how good you are, you will not like working for this narcissistic individual.
He breaks almost every HR rule in the book.
Trust me.
August 21, 2017

Hello,

We appreciate your feedback, thank you.

We have shared your review with management and are currently investigating this matter. If you would like to share additional information, email us at social@factoryexpohomes.com.

Please don't hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions or concerns.

Long hours, low pay
Sales (Former Employee) –  TexasFebruary 24, 2017
Not really any training. Leads are stolen and fought about, too much drama. Paid a small salary for a few months than strict commission. Work hours are long. I was told we would have alternate weekends which was not true. If you want to lie to customers and raise your salary you have to push additional products and raise the price on everything , including the shipping price of each home to make a living. Training was all about the managers egos. It is possible to make six figures if you want to lie to customers and inflate prices on each home. It felt more like the "car business" than the home business. Too much drama with some of the other sales staff about the leads. I made less than $7,000 in 3 months time for 50-60 hours a week! In the short time I was there my family suffered with the long work hours I was putting in and the drama in the office. It was not worth it, so I walked.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Low pay

Hello,

We appreciate your feedback.

As you know, employee education is critical. After receiving recent feedback, we have completely overhauled our training program, now in full force.

Your mention of “lead stealing” is alarming. We take this and all feedback very seriously and are currently investigating. If you have specific examples you can provide, please email them to social@factoryexpohomes.com.

We sincerely apologize. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you need anything else.

Micro Managed
Manufactured Home Sales (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FLOctober 12, 2015
I never even met my district manager and I was promoted in 5 months to project manager but they took all of my commissions away from me after selling 9 homes in 6 months.
Pros
Commissions
Cons
No Management in place

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

We have shared your observations with management and are investigating the matter. If you have additional details to provide, please send them to social@factoryexpohomes.com.

Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns.

high stress . low pay , lack of training , total commission, high turnover
Licensed/Home sales (Former Employee) –  Burleson, TXFebruary 5, 2015
They advertise this job as 60,000. to 120,000 per year. You get a base pay for the first three months and then it is total commission.
Most do not make it to the 2nd month. Extremely high turnover.
Pros
nice customers, ok hours
Cons
high employee turnover, total commission, lack of upper manangment

Hello,

Thanks for your review. In response to recent feedback, we have completely revised our training program and the new agenda is up and running.

We have taken note of your feedback on compensation and will use it to evaluate our current and future packages.

Best of luck to you and your future endeavors.

--Factory Expo Home Centers

Want to know more about Factory Expo Homes?

Ask a question

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Factory Expo Homes. Our community is ready to answer.