Fairbanks Hospital Employee Reviews

I worked there a long time ago
Coordinator of Recreational Therapy (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 28, 2018
I have no idea what Fairbanks is like now, but years ago, it was a tough place to work. Many dry drunks and manipulation, especially with the management. Back then, it was NOT a healthy place to work. Not sure what it's like now.
Productive and great work environment .
Lead Counselor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 15, 2018
I had great supervision and I was responsible for the day to day operations of a home detention program. It was a great learning opportunity for me. I created the program that we did and I was challenged to step out of my comfort zone.
Pros
Great Work environment
Cons
Short brakes
If you like to work in a North Korea like company, work at Fairbanks Addiction Hospital
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 13, 2018
There are no words to be able to express my dissatisfaction with this company. If you like missery, go work at Fairbanks
Favoritism from Upper Management to former addicts now currently employed
Absolutely no freedom to express employee's disagreements on any area of the hospital
Favoritism for patients with private insurance VS state insurance
Fear from employees to express themselves, feelings or anything related to Fairbanks Management
Discrimination, Almost all personnel are white
Very unhealthy food at the cafeteria
No room for new ideas for improvement
New Human Resources Management same as all they fired in the past
Pros
T shirts provided to employees, ja
Cons
Everything else
Terrible place to work
Case Manager Fairbanks Addiction Hospital (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 17, 2018
Middle age mentality
Never go to Human Resources with ideas or complains they will back stab you
Favoritism, nepotism no cultural diversity
Lyres big time just promisse staff things that they will never do
Never even apply please you will be their next victim
Pros
Cons
no advancement, no cultural diversity
I refuse to discuss my experience at Fairbanks.
Utilization Review Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 10, 2018
Seriously did not like the work environment. Social clicks between upper, middle and support staff as in housekeeping. Not real team oriented. Very plastic. Very little charitable work within the community.
Productive and fast paced environment
Inquiry Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 16, 2018
The hardest part of my job was learning the new computer system.
The most enjoyable part of my job was helping families through the recovery process. I learned about confidentiality and triage-teamwork that was excellent for client services.
Pros
Excellent parking and cafeteria
Cons
New computer programs
Fairbanks and the last 18 years.
Partial Hospitalization/ Adolescent Nurse (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN 46256June 22, 2018
I love working for this company however I am wanting to expand my knowledge possibly in a different field. This is a Drug Rehab Facility, and I learned that this disease is quickly on the rise and so many people of all types of background are affected. The Medical Office works as a team and we can count on each other. The hardest part of this job is not able to save everybody, are young people are dying from this disease. Working with the patients is always the best part of my job.
Pros
Making a Difference
Cons
Patients dying from this disease.
Great place for longevity
ESD department (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 30, 2018
Fairbanks is a wonderful place to work. I really feel like the CEO and top officials have us heading in the right direction. Just like any other job there are those little things that could get under your skin but like I said you will find that anywhere. Fairbanks has a great HR staff, dietary staff, ESD staff, and recreational staff. On the clinical side there are some what I will call behavioral issues. As far as attitudes and making the blue color feel less as important as the white color.

Fairbanks mission is what makes it such a great place to work. Believing in helping people, the power of a second chance. To see the face of a patient who has been through the hospital and to hear them say “this place gave me my life back” that right there is the best reason to work here.
Pros
Helping people, great CEO, lunch on site
Cons
PTO/holiday same bank of days
Mission Driven Organization
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 12, 2018
I only worked for Fairbanks for a short time, but loved being there. The hospital's mission is visible in all the employees. It is a small organization, and not very many opportunities for advancement, but if you put in the time, you will be recognized for effort.
Nice place to work
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 19, 2018
Fairbanks is a nice place to work and the staff are very friendly. This is a hospital for people going through stressful times. The nurses are very friendly and helpfull, as well as custodians.
too long ago to report
Assessment Counselor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 17, 2018
this is unfair to force me to answer on people that I had no interactions with. my tenure with the company was during a time that management was different culture and people.
Very supportive coworkers and recovery atmosphere throughout patients and staff.
Alcohol/Drug Treatment RN (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 23, 2017
Very supportive coworkers. RNs have a lot of charting and very little patient interaction. Seeing people recover from addiction is very gratifying. You have an opportunity to make a positive impact on their life. Management is flexible especially with PRN employees. The hardest part of the job is watching patients leave AMA or elope.
I love working in a place where I can better others
Chemical Dependency Counselor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 24, 2017
My passion is helping others when they are in trouble. I love to let people know that its not over to put God first and the rest of the Glory will follow.
no organization
MAINTENANCE WORKER (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 6, 2017
management and maintenance workers relations not good ... a lot of money and time wasted. Childish high school competitive behavior between maintenance employee's furthers the waste of company time.
good place to work short-term
ADOLESCENT GUIDANCE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 11, 2017
Fairbanks was a decent place to work. I worked there for a year and learned a great deal. While the management in the department I worked in had a lot of issues, I would still recommend working for this company. The culture is laid back and non-judgmental.
Pros
lax dress code, fun environment
Cons
management, favoritism, disconnect between supervisors & staff
Treatment Center
Technician (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 1, 2017
Not much to say, its a chemical dependance treatment center. If you are struggling with drug and alcohol dependance odds are you need to detox. Fairbanks is one of those places.
My supervisor was nuts!
Marketing & Communications Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 25, 2017
My supervisor was crazy and had zero people skills. People in our department were dropping off like flies and nobody would address her as the problem. She refused to accept responsibility for anything and could not accept constructive criticism regarding her own poor leadership and performance. That and the low pay makes this a less than par place to work.
Pros
Life changing work
Cons
Management that isn't held accountable for poor performance.
Great Experience
Intern (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 1, 2017
As an intern I was able to learn a great deal. I had a wonderful supervisor. I was able to gain experience working with various age groups and felt comfortable asking for the time spent in each area.
Pros
Great Supervisor
Cons
Management staff over worked
enjoyable workplace
State Training and Compliance Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 14, 2016
Fairbanks had a great team environment. I did not work on site, but worked as a contractor on a grant project for the state. All of my dealings with Fairbanks were positive in every aspect.
Productive company impacting the lives of women in recovery
Receptionist/ Women Resident Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 4, 2014
A typical would consist of :
8:00am - Each morning apartment check, making sure women were at IOP are any programs that was assigned. Drug testing or Breathalyzer testing if needed.
Community recovery groups done once a week.
Van driving resident to groups.
10pm: Curfew checks on all women, making sure they were in at curfew.
And providing a report to each case manager.
Fairbanks Hospital provided help to those that lost there way and I was very proud to work for a hospital that provided assistance to in need.
I learned about different drugs and the effect it has on different people, especially women.
Co-worker are a huge part of teamwork
The hardest was that some was not ready to accept treatment.
The most enjoyable part of the job was to see the joy of women succeeding and coming back to show other women that it can be done.
Pros
Good people that worked by core values
Cons
No benefits for part time employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fairbanks Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Fairbanks Hospital Reviews by Location