Fairfax County Public Schools
70Average

Fairfax County Public Schools Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA434 reviews
fun and productive work place
I have found the Fairfax County work environment to be very relaxed and welcoming where children are happy to come to school each day. I learned to be a supportive team player.
I really enjoyed working for FCPS
I enjoyed working for fcps , but not in the office. I worked at night, working in the office was interesting to put it mildly. I was a newbie and I was not treated respectfully in the Office.
Punctual
I love this wonderful place of working, people were lovely and kind and we all come together and work together. Nice please to work with wonderful people
Treated like professionals in all aspects of therapy.
Fairfax County Public Schools provided an excellent opportunity to learn about working in Pediatrics. Responsible for treating 3-22 year old children with special needs. Team collaboration, Evaluations, Progress Reports, discharge Planning, Individual Education Plans in close collaboration with team members, including families of children.
Hardest part of job was managing caseloads of several schools simultaneously.

Most enjoyable was record of success with problem solving, communicating with staff and children, mastering computer skills, paperwork efficient, productivity and exceeding goals.
Great job for someone
Great job and good organization to help you to reach your goals and retirement plans.help great training certification courses and training programs. Good and friendly people willing to help and assist you in any way
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Excellent benefits
Excellent and rich benefits from all perspectives within a caring culture environment that embodies a diverse workforce, making a good place to work.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Technology challenges
Online/Blackboard teaching was touch-and-go. All other ascents were great.
FCPS. Great school system for for Fairfax County students. Many offering from upper grade students to choose. Dedicated and knowledgeable educators. Varied after-school opportunities. Supportive work environment for educators. NBCT incentive. .
Staff Is fun
Working at Centreville High was fun. The other students made me feel welcomed from the very start. We built a great working relationship. The flexibility to teach the students was nice to have.
Being able to choose your work sites and hours.
I enjoy working here. It is among the few jobs I really enjoy. I know my assignments in advance so and I stay pretty busy throughout the day. This would be a superb job if it offered benefits. 😊Because the job is very flexible, I usually obtain the opportunity to meet different people and to work with all grade levels and within any subject matter.
Supportive learning environment to bloom as an educator
I work at Sunrise Valley in the South Lakes Pyramid as a first grade teacher. It is a wonderful community and school. You are trusted and supported to teach and collaborate.
Horrible place to work. No support, they are out to get everyone.
Horrible place to work and grow. If you like streamling kids so they all know the basics, and don't acheive greatness then FCPS is the place for you.
Not bad for part-time work
Great benefits and retirement plans.

Looks like I need to add a lot more characters in order to complete this review. Like twenty more. Well. I think that's enough.
Intense and meaningful with a clear purpose
FCPS provides a very straight forward mission and goal for achievement... Teach students to succeed. However, resources, quality of personnel, and requirements vary by location. It makes it difficult to keep up with everything that is expected of you and maintain current on training while finding time to be effective in your role.
Fcps
I love working in FCPS. There is not much I would change. The students are challenging and keep me evolving as a teacher in order to meet their needs. Many of my colleagues have become some of my closest friends.It is comfortable and safe place to have a career.
Volunteer Work in Different Capacities
I've been volunteering in my kids schools since they started Kindergarten. I've been a room mom, weekly helper, sixth grade party organizer, Reflections chair person, summer reading program coordinator, orchestra volunteer, and party helper.
Varied locations and odd hours; great work culture
Part-time event IT specialist with varied hours, locations, clients, and tasks. General IT troubleshooting, setting up AV equipment for FCPS events, some manual labor.
Protective, energetic and it is fun to work there.
It is the same as working in any school district.
They do have a different system than ACPS.

Their paying less than ACPS.

The jobless stressful comparing to my previous job.
Fcps
FCPS is a collaborative and supportive workplace. Teachers are well trained and expected to perform at a higj calibre. I have enjoyed the positions I have played in the system.
Great job if teaching is for you
I have had a great experience compared to what I have been told by other teachers. There are many training opportunities that are no cost to you. Like all teaching positions, there is a heavy workload with the expectation that a lot of work is done in your off time. There is a lot of professional support available as well. The benefits are great.
teamwork and interpersonal communication
Diversity and values other cultures. Friendly atmosphere, lots of support from the team, Structured programs and consistency. Shares and demonstrate new ideas
Pros
Retirement plans, flexibility in break
Cons
Healthcare
Its county
Dont expect to learn much of anything here but the pay and benefits here are good. Lots of politics in this job so best to lay low since it's incredibly hard to trust anyone at this job
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Dont learn
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fairfax County Public Schools. Our community is ready to answer.
Women's ratings

3.7Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.