Fairfield City Schools Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
great
teacher (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHOctober 19, 2017
wonderful administration and staff, great community, good opportunities for advancement, good staff development provided, great work environment with new buildings
Pros
good experience
Cons
demanding
Good school district
Classroom Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHOctober 17, 2017
Good school district with nice families and a nice community. This school was a good starting point for my career. I had a good teaching experience with this district.
good
District Translator (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHAugust 15, 2017
This is an hourly job. You may expect a yearly raise. A contract is signed annually. Background checks are required out of your own pocket. Expect to pay for your own taxes as a contractor.
Productive and fun workplace
Teachers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHJanuary 23, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job was witnessing the growth of the students from the beginning of the year..to the end of the year and building positive relationships with students.
Wonderful work environment
Intervention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHNovember 27, 2016
Fantastic opportunity to utilize skills from all angles. Terrifically sad it was only for one year but thrilled to have had experience.
Great place to work if school management is your preference.
Support Service Director (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OhioJanuary 16, 2015
I made a major career decision and decided to seek teaching as a new career so I resigned my position from Fairfield City Schools effective December 31, 2014. I miss the people and the work enviroment but, my dream has always been the classroom and so I am off to accomplish my dream.
I work with special needs students and students on behavior plans so my job is both rewarding and challenging.
Educational Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, OHNovember 16, 2014
While there is nothing typical about my work day, we do have a routine of allowing students to unpack their backpack and hang up coats, then do work on their goals whether they are academic or social.

I have learned to observe the students to see if they come in smiling or annoyed to determine the best way to de-escalate the situation.

The hardest parts are the unpredicted lashing out.

The best parts are successfully maneuvering those situations.
Pros
Working with students, snow days
Cons
part time employment with no opportunity for advancing
Productive place to work and help make a difference in lives of "at risk' students
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, ALOctober 31, 2014
Helping the lead teacher with supervision and assignments for "at-risk" students enrolled in alternative school program
Pros
Free breakfast, teaching experience
Cons
Little pay
The teaching staff was very supportive and helpful
Substitute teacher all grade levels (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OhioOctober 17, 2013
As a substitute teacher I had various grade level assignments. The students were typical for their grade and age level. The staff was very helpful and supportive, I enjoyed being a substitute teacher for the district.
Cons
N/a
Dedicated to the education of every child.
1st Grade Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, ALSeptember 10, 2012
A typical day at work involves more than just instruction. A teacher must be prepared for any unexpected emergency that might arise. I learned that it good to expect the best but to be prepared for anything. All of my coworkers and supervisors worked together for the good of the children. The hardest part of the job was when colleagues didn't see eye to eye on how we were supposed to educate the students. The most enjoyable part of the job was every time I experienced the camaraderie of a work force that led to true success as educators.
Working for this company has given me the chance to learn and grow
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, OHMarch 22, 2012
Fairfield City School District has given me the chance to continue to learn and hone my skills.