Fairfield Inn & Suites  Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Amazing job
Guest Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Collinsville, ILAugust 11, 2018
I currently work at the Fairfield Inn and my experience so far has been nothing but positive I have been here almost 6 months and the managers take time to make sure you are doing well and the job is super laid back mind you there are some stressful times but nothing that takes the fun away from it I mostly have the pleasure of working with all the guests and ensuring their stays went well
Pros
Discounts on rooms and fun environment
Cons
No time for breaks in the evening
n/a
Front Desk Receptionist / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, KYAugust 11, 2018
I would come in clock in, i would count the drawer, and then get started on my day of making coffee, printing papers off, booking rooms if need be, checking guest in, answering phone calls etc.
Pros
lunch time
Cons
short breaks, no vacations, worked over 40 hours, and low pay
Pretty easy job. Most guests were courteous.
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Effingham, ILAugust 10, 2018
I worked the overnight shift so I mainly checked guests in. I set up breakfast & made coffee. The job was pretty simple & hardly had problems outside my ability to fix.
Pros
Pleasant & clean atmosphere. Pretty easy job.
Cons
A lot of down time. A lot of standing on hard floors.
good luck whoever works there
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Beloit, WIAugust 10, 2018
u clean rooms all day 10 -30 min lunch break. most enjoyable is that one friend you would meet. the hardest part of the job is working all day a bit threw the night making ur loved ones worried. working to much over time with little pay. management went down hill. when i quit they were smiling a laughing.
Pros
they work with people who have disabilties.
Cons
they dont understand how ur disabilties affect u at work. n whine alot like working with babies.
Bad management
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 9, 2018
When I started here we had a great staff and management that listened and cared about it's employees. Corporate offices did not, only the bottom line. They replaced the entire management team 3 times in the 2 years I worked there and each got progressively worse. When the 3rd round of management came in the entire staff quit within 3 months. Stay away.
Rewarding place to work with educational opportunities
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 7, 2018
During a typical day at work I was responsible for checking guests into their hotel rooms, taking reservations over the phone, assisting with sales and room block inquiries, stocking and organizing the hotel market, and documenting any important information for the next shift. Throughout the year I worked for the Fairfield Inn & Suites I was able to learn the ins and outs of the hotel industry including sales, housekeeping and setting up breakfast. One of my favorite parts of this position was getting to know the guests on a personal level and making sure they leave satisfied, especially the Marriott Rewards Members. The only downside to this position was management and their lack of ability to staff our team accordingly. I found myself in unsafe positions because I was expected to successfully work second shift as the only employee in the hotel.
Pros
Customer Interaction
First Hotel
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 28, 2018
This place was my first encounter with a front desk job. I learned how to deal with different situations, like not having enough rooms for a group that booked a year in advanced, the best thing is that I was allow to solve issues and use my imagination.
Ioved working there.
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hilliard, OHJuly 17, 2018
It was the best job bc I loved working with all the employees and the boss was awesome . I'm a very hard worker and I'm always on time never miss a day until my daughters father's passed away.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Rude people
Bueno
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 3, 2018
Es una Buena experiencia pues es mi primer trabajo al llegar aquí a la Florida .
Great people
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 3, 2018
The culture that was built made it fun to come to work and do your job. Everyone seemed to love what they do because of the management team we built. Fairfield was a fun place to work.
Pros
Great people work there
Cons
Not enough employee support
nice place to stay. very quiet
Head Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 27, 2018
Exceptional rooms, very clean. when ever you needed room service we were always there to help you. never having to call twice unless we were very busy. complimentary breakfast was a plus
fun workplace
Housekeeping Attendant (Current Employee) –  Fairmont, WVJune 23, 2018
a typical day a work - long and busy.
what i learned is - to work hard and fast.
workplace culture - great.
the hardest part of my job - is getting the stuff i need to start my duty.
the most enjoyable part of my job - is helping people.
Great Management team
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJune 2, 2018
This property is a great laid back location to work for, great team work and team spirit. Management shows great interest in the staff concerns. Good customer service
Pros
great staff moral
Cons
healthcare
distress property-high ownership changing
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 2, 2018
This property is in distress and has changed ownership 3 times within the last three years, they current ownership does not offer health insurance, below market salary for upper management.
Pros
Property location
Cons
No Benefits, low pay
Unappreciative management
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 1, 2018
The owners bought the hotel with the agreement to renovate it per Marriott standards however they did it as cheaply as possible. The workers they hired were drinking on the job and leaving empty bottles around. They stole from a guest when doing some work in a room. The owners used their own management company so they could micromanage everything from what needed to be ordered to manipulating time so they didn't have to pay over time. No benefits were offered at all and they did not compensate nearly enough for all the work that was done by all the employees. Once Innov8 took over regular guests stopped coming and company accounts cancled. They expected you to devote your live to the place day and night even if it ment not seeing your family and working double even triple shifts.
Cons
The GM is an LDS member who only hires other members of the church to be in positions of power.
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDMay 30, 2018
Some of my employees were really wonderful to work with and the guests that would check in often brought gifts or tipped really well. However, the GM is very impersonal and hard to talk to and get along with.
Cleaning
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Cordele, GAMay 14, 2018
Cleaning , such as making beds , cleaning bathrooms,. vacuuming floors, and sometimes laundry ! This is a good job more than likely , most all sometimes cleaning rooms and maybe even keeping the lobby clean !
Pros
Eat breakfast free
Cons
30min break
Great summer job!
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INMay 9, 2018
A typical day included checking guest in and out, cleaning and organizing the lobby, and showing great customer service. My coworkers were great which made coming to work exciting.
Would not recommend.
Breakfast Attendant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 8, 2018
Clocked in at 4:00 a.m. Then turned on all appliances. Brewed 3 different types of coffee . Then had to clean restrooms, Wipe down the weight room, then empty all trash inside and outside. Then came back in and finish setting up for breakfast. Cooked until 9:00 a.m. Then teardown breakfast and cleaned up,restocked and vacuumed and swept and mopped entire Hotel
Way too much work for the pay.
Pros
Had monthly meetings which they provided free meals.
Cons
Took off 30 minutes even when worked 8hrs.
No comment
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 22, 2018
The best thing that I took away from that company is now knowing the importance of taking a closer look at the management (corporate) before making any decision to join a team.