Fairfield Inn & Suites  Employee Reviews

Found 1,209 reviews matching the search See all 1,249 reviews
Great Environment
Fairfield Inn & Suites the Woodlands (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXDecember 15, 2018
People are great , great coworkers, and company leaders. just last moment requests make you get off your daily track, but other than that , Marriott has high overlook for their employees and guest.
Fun place to work. We are all family here.
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYDecember 15, 2018
Great place to be we are all like family here. We have food for lunches and great people to work with and excellent bosses for sure and just a great bunch to work with
Pros
Free lunches sometimes
Cons
Breaks whenever u want as long as u are getting what needs to be done, done.
Stable Place To Work
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Liberty, MODecember 14, 2018
It is a good job. I have 3 kids and need insurance and a chance to move up in a company. They have very good with working with my schedule. Just not enough work for all the employees they have.
Pros
Work on your own
Cons
no health care
Friendly, fast paced work environment
Front Desk Rep/ Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INDecember 13, 2018
Between busy phones and repeat business guests, Fairfield Inn was a fast paced friendly work environment where I learned hospitality management, and enhanced my skills as a service rep. Management was supportive and displayed professional exemplary behavior for the staff to follow. I most enjoyed having the ability to build relationships with the guests and how appreciative most would be when they noticed your attempt to meet their needs while away from home.
Pros
Flexible work schedules
Cons
None to discuss
Poor Management
Head of Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Orange Beach, ALDecember 13, 2018
Poor management, cut throat, only wanted me for seasonal work but did not tell me that when I was hired. Short cut to save money. No plans in place for the day, week or month. Bad work ethic on manager part.
Pros
Bad work ethic manager lied
Cons
nothing
Front Desk Receptionist/Breakfast Attendant (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVDecember 11, 2018
It's emotionally and psychologically taxing to work in a hotel. Sometimes people trying to get things for free and complain trying to get you into trouble
A good place to work
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Branson, MODecember 10, 2018
Fairfield is a good company to work for I’ve been there for a little bit and I like it, it can get hectic at times especially on sundays which is the busiest day of the week. Only downside is your timed on your rooms and I feel like your not given enough time
Bad Management
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Marietta, OHDecember 10, 2018
Bad and unprofessional management. Very inexperienced. Favoritism off the charts. 99% older white women who are very rude and behave like theyre in high school constantly.
Not long term
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Cartersville, GADecember 9, 2018
I think I’m overqualified . Doesn’t pay much .. schedule is made every week .. so having a life is limited . I just think the kind of work that they ask for isn’t worth it altogether.
More Drama Than A Soap Opera
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaDecember 9, 2018
The GM doesn't run the hotel, the employees do. Prepare to work all three shifts in one weeks time. Be prepared to work 2 other jobs, along with this one, to make ends meet. Be prepared to not receive proper training. Be prepared to have the schedule changed three times before ALL employees are happy with their days off (Because the employees bully the GM) If you don't speak up about it, you will work every single weekend. There is only one employee working after management leaves each day. You have to run front desk, do light maintenance if a guest has problems, and deliver guest special requested items to their rooms. There is no other employee there to notice you never made it back to the front desk if something terrible were to happen. I worked many years with Hilton, the training I received, as well as the opportunity to advance, far exceeds anything I have experienced while working at this particular Fairfield Inn & Suites. There is no specific training manual to fall back on if you have a problem and no other employees around to help you. I can't wait to move on to a more permanent career with a better company!
Pros
Discounted hotel stays
Cons
No breaks, low pay, dangerous working by yourself 2nd or 3rd shifts.

Want to know more about Fairfield Inn & Suites ?

Ask a question
Lack Of Responsibility
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, GADecember 9, 2018
It took them more than six weeks to finally give me my very first paycheck I received while working for them. They kept coming up with excuses as to why it was my fault and not theirs.
Enjoyable
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHDecember 9, 2018
Every day was a new adventure. I love meeting new people and working in hotels, you definitely meet new people and still maintain with your regulars..
It's ok
Laundry/Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSDecember 7, 2018
They good how they run they business not really much too say but it was good why it last but things happen just looking too get back on my feet I give there company the up most respect
Pros
They have outie with the company for the employees
Cons
Break's
Positive attitudes towards work
Chief Engineer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 7, 2018
Getting things accomplished. Hardest part of the job is dealing with people who don't know what they're doing. I get to enhance my skills when i work by myself.
happy and healthful
Front Desk Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 7, 2018
wile i was working for the fair field i had great customer skills .I also had great comments and reviews from guest also had several regular guest ask for me personally to help them i was always willing to come early and help when we were busy. I also drove shuttle and help set up breakfast and arranged dinner reservation for guest
Pros
discounts
Cons
replacements awalys late
I wouldn't work there again.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARDecember 5, 2018
There were times where I would have 18 rooms to do by myself and still be expected to leave by 3 o'clock (I would clock in at 9). There was drama going on all of the time with the other housekeepers and the owner and whoever was the general manager at the time.
Challenging work place
Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 4, 2018
Reporting to my chief and completing any task in a professional and fast manner. Proving I could be trusted and relied on. Working with a team is always helpful and enjoyable.
benefits
Cons
Guest Service Representative/ Night Audit (Former Employee) –  Butte, MT 59701December 4, 2018
The Fair field is a good place to work, the staff really feels like one big family. Most days everybody is willing to help each other to get the job done. The few who do go above and beyond I feel don't get recognition.
Productive and fun work place
FRONT DESK ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Fort Morgan, CO 80701December 3, 2018
Everyday was a great day to work at Fairfield. The management was AMAZING and every employee was amazing and friendly as well. They are one big family that I will miss being apart of.
Productive and fun working environment with pool and fitness room
Houseman/Laundry (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 1, 2018
Professional and fun working environment with room for advancement. They offer neat and clean rooms they also have a pool area and fitness room. They offer a great breakfast in the mornings for guest.