Fairfield Inn & Suites  Employee Reviews

Found 1,323 reviews matching the search See all 1,368 reviews
very bed place to work, management was poor
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingsburg, CAMarch 22, 2019
the repairs wanted by management were cheap and incorrect, The coworkers were nice. the hotel looks nice on the outside appearance however was taped together. management expected to much in the hours worked.
Pros
there were none
Cons
poor management and no concern for guest except getting thier money.
I absolutely love working here
Houseman, then Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Auburn, MAMarch 21, 2019
The people at this place are amazing. The discount benefit is great, and they give me a very decent schedule and work around my activities. They allow me to go on vacation whenever I need to within reason also. The hardest part of the job is when there is a bunch of people at the desk and there are issues that we don't know how to solve, so we just have to try our best, and at the same time, the phone is ringing off the hook. The most enjoyable part of the job is talking to travelers from all over and bringing together a community within the hotel. Here I have learned a lot of problem-solving skills and how to communicate more clearly.
Pros
The people, the atmosphere, the discounts
Cons
the pay, sometimes the fastpaced stress
Need help
Housekeeping Attendant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 21, 2019
Fairfield Inn had low rates they is not professional the manager and assistant manager is rude Fairfield Inn is not a place that I would want to work at again no
no benefits of any kind
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Capitola, CAMarch 21, 2019
the management is great but unfortunately does not provide any kind of benefits and the pay is really low making not affordable at all the cost of living in this area
Great Employer
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, VTMarch 20, 2019
I enjoyed working for Fairfield. Operation Manager and General Manager were very supportive and helpful. They were willing to take off thier manager hat and help in all departments.
Pros
Great support from employers, discount hotel rates
Cons
Pay is not good.
housekeeper
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 19, 2019
i was a housekeeper. somedays you had a full board other days you had a short board. somedays i worked 10 plus hours other days i worked for hours. management sucked the housekeeping mananger was fantastic
productive and fairly busy
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Beloit, WIMarch 18, 2019
It was hard work but it was fun and the women were great.
Management was pretty nice.a typical day was cleaning about 10-15 rooms. The hardest part was all the physical work
Pros
great giveaways at the end of the year, free room stays
Cons
not enough work all year round
relaxing place to work
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Mahwah, NJMarch 14, 2019
beautifully renovated property, a very close working environment, with a lot of repeat customers. the best part of the job is interacting with our guest and know they enjoyed their stay.
Can't keep good help
AGM/Housekeeping Supervisor/Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Princeton, INMarch 14, 2019
constant turnover. can't keep good employees because of pay and co workers. management company doesn't care enough for small property to help pick it up and make it what it could be. owners live too far away to keep eye on it and depend on management company too much.
Pros
guests
Cons
management
Need real security
Front Desk Agent/Night Audit (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 13, 2019
Need real security guest can be rude some very rude at times .... But overall this is a great place to stay and work I will recommend this place great staff
Cons
Short breaks
Fairfield Inn & Suites
Front desk agent/training supervisor (Current Employee) –  Uncasville, CTMarch 13, 2019
No room for advancement, no time period as to when you will receive a raise due to management company which gets taken advantage of. Working near Mohegan sun you are going to busy
Pretty fun place to work.
Maintenance and Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMarch 12, 2019
Great management and even better people. They don’t pay really well but you have a good time doing it. It’s really a good place for high schoolers to have a job at very flexible hours.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Good management and great employees
First Job experiennce
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Layton, UTMarch 12, 2019
Would not recommend this job to anyone. this was my firs job and was what I thought was a good job at the time but half of the employed were unable to speak English to explain how to do the job during training, and would take all the tips before you cleaned your rooms. The management were unable to work with your schedule and while in school that didn't work for me.
Pros
found friends
Cons
Worst job ever
Great team to work with
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Westminster, COMarch 11, 2019
After being employed at Fairfield for 2-1/2 years, I feel as though there is no more room for advancement at this location. Overall, this has been a great team to work with.
Pros
Great clientele
Cons
Distance from home
Typical hotel work
Housekeeper/Breakfast Attendant (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNMarch 11, 2019
As a housekeeper, expect to be on your feet all day and rushed to clean faster and faster.
This is typical for housekeeping jobs. It's not much of a career as it only pays minimum wage.
Head housekeeper go in and steal housekeeper tips before we reach that room and swear no tip was there
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMarch 11, 2019
Its totally unfair to us let us get what belong to us dont need no one in my rooms before me REAL TALK! Be fair let us all eat we all have a family at home to feed
Pros
Nice place to work
Cons
They will steal the housekeeper tips left in the rooms
good place to work if your schedule allows it
Guest Breakfast Ambassador (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 8, 2019
very fun place to work and meet lot of people from all over the world of you want to gain custumer service experians. benefit are of but could do better
Management -10
Front desk associate (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHMarch 8, 2019
Horrible management, the GM hides in her office all day. Sales sets you up to fail and holds unreasonable expectations without helping, high turnover with front desk staff and housekeeping is a joke. Front desk employees have to compensate for lack of housekeeping.
Pros
Hotel discount
Cons
No breaks, long hours, zero appreciation from management
Why is this a requirement?
Guest Representative Manager (Former Employee) –  Laramie, WYMarch 7, 2019
I don't understand why Indeed in requiring me to fill out this informational segment about rating this company. You should not be required to fill this out before you are allowed to post on this site.
a very nice and clean environment for guests to stay
Housekeeping/Laundry (Former Employee) –  Decorah, IAMarch 6, 2019
The workers make you feel welcomed. The rooms are cleaned and well stocked. The food is great. Attendants are treated fully with respect and they get what they want.
Pros
free WiFi
Cons
overwhelmed with hours