Fairfield Medical Center Employee Reviews

There was opportunity to express a difference of opinion, you either accepted it or you moved on.
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, OHMarch 21, 2019
FMC gave me the opportunity to advance my career with tuition reimbursement. I also learned different areas in nursing which helped me as I advanced in my career.
best place for coworkers
DIETARY ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, OHJanuary 21, 2019
I enjoyed my job only for the fact of my coworkers. My management made the job horrible by making changes that we told them not too do but they would not listen to use. Our words never seemed to actually mean anything when asked it even though we made it clear when new things would not work with how short staff we where.
Pros
the people
Cons
management
You couldnt pay me 3x what i was making to work there again
Certified Phlebotomist/Patient Registrar (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, OHJanuary 7, 2019
Poor poor upper management, its everyone out to get each other, very little team work, 1 person is expected to do the work of 4 and make no mistakes or take any longer.
Pros
Cons
Pay, leadership, flexibility
Great Place
Patient Access (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, OHDecember 17, 2018
The hospital is a awesome place to work, great family environment. The people came together to overcome learning a new system (Cerner) which had it's issues but the people managed to overcome the adversity
Great place to work just a few disadvantages
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, OHDecember 9, 2018
I loved working here. It was really my very first real job, and I loved working with my coworkers. Things that were a little tougher was the other departments that didn't really understand certain things about myself. It got to be a little emotional for me but I worked my way through the day even with negativity from others.
Wonderful Internship
Intern (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, OHDecember 4, 2018
During my internship I was shown quite a bit. They fully immersed me into every aspect of their workday and I received hands on experience. Wonderful place to learn.
Pros
Very helpful with learning the ropes
An amazing organization to be a part of.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, OHNovember 8, 2018
You truly are part of a family. The culture has changed so much over the past few years. People help each out and have genuine care and compassion for each other.
Pros
Culture, blame free environment
Cons
You can make more money elsewhere
Great Hospital
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, OHOctober 30, 2018
For being a medical facility they do well to create a job culture of inclusiveness and equality among employees. Great place to work and do well to compensate employees for their time and effort.
good place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, OHOctober 4, 2018
good place to work. pt load is good for RN's and PCA's. Will not promote you unless you are in a certain group of people. I've worked there for over 11 years and am still in an entry level position with a Master's Degree.
Overall great place to work.
SURGICAL BILLING REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, OHOctober 1, 2018
Good culture with plenty of room for advancement, pay for performance, tuition reimbursement and much more. Insurance benefits could be better, but comparable to other similar workplaces!
Excellent job.
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, OHSeptember 22, 2018
Worked here for six years. I enjoyed my time here and made many good friends. Work was relatively laid back and I enjoyed what I did. Talking with patients was fun too. some were very lonely and really appreciated the time you spent with them.
lies and deceit
Lab (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, OHSeptember 22, 2018
Pay is approx $3.00 hr less than what is expected from having a certification, paid time off aka PTO is earned on how many hrs you work and is suppose to be used for vacation, sick time and personal days off...you get punished for using it if it's not requested 6wks in advance!!!!!!! Breaks are frowned upon and dictated how you use them! Shifts are ALWAYS short in all departments, staff have been called unfriendly, it's due to workload!
Pros
discounted lunch, payroll deduction for purchases
Cons
Pto, pay, long shifts, short staff
Worse management I have ever experienced
Sterilization Technician (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, OHSeptember 6, 2018
Loved most of my coworkers but really displeased with an environment that lies on a daily basis .. management is so poor in this workplace and shocked that a person can be terminated for something they never acted in just because another employee said it happened and with no actual proof...very poor for reputation when it comes to a medical facility such as the hospital!!!
Pros
Worked with amazing people who are still employed but not happily i
Cons
allowing bullying with no reprimands when started and they still work there 😞
It was nice working in the hospital.
Unit Clerk, registration clerk (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, OHAugust 23, 2018
Came in at 6:30 filled the copier and fax machine. Turned on the computer and signed in to all the icons we use for the day. Unlocked the door at 7:00 and worked by myself registraing people for their different procedures. Did that for 8 hours. We would have education classes that we would have to attend on different things concerning our job. We would have to go to the floors and get patients signatures for the medicare rights and it would take around 1 hour and then someone would go back up in the afternoon to finish getting the ones that the first person didn't get.
Pros
Okay their were 4 of us that came in at different times to work from 7 to 6:30
Cons
Hard to get lunch or breaks
Resident, Internal Medicine (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, OHJuly 19, 2018
FMC is a community hospital that is governed by a board of directors who are members of the community. It is refreshing to work for a health system that is not a large conglomerate; it feels so much more personal. The employees and the company seem more connected to the general community.

Staff are friendly, and the administration takes work/life balance seriously. There are many events hosted and/or sponsored by FMC. My one complaint is that this is a healthcare organization, and the health insurance is low quality; our only option is a high-deductible plan.
Pros
Good workplace culture
Cons
Health insurance is low quality
Friendly work environment, fast paced
Unit Clerk -Duties (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, OHJuly 3, 2018
A typical day was welcoming, friendly and Very fast paced. Learned how to read heart rhythms, operate certain computer programs and what its like working in an office environment. Management was very friendly and understanding, did their best to accommodate employee's needs. The culture circled around the core values of integrity and speaking out when something is wrong. The most difficult part was the hours and dealing with grieving family members of patients that had passed away. The most enjoyable part was the co workers, fast paced environment, and learning experience.
Pros
Benefits, Paid Time Off, Friendly
Good Place to work
Pre-op RN-Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, OHJune 16, 2018
Overall FMC is a great hospital for Lancaster and the surrounding community, offering many services so patients can stay local. It has community hospital feel.
A fun, relaxed, rewarding job.
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, OHJune 16, 2018
Answered the phone, greeted patients, scheduled appointments, obtained prior insurance authorization for office procedures. A fun place to work. Learned a lot about medical procedures, insurance requirements, and how to deal effectively with patients to ensure they feel comfortable with their treatment. I really enjoy the people I work with. We are a great team.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Low salary
Atmosphere got down
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, OHJune 5, 2018
I worked in the same 3 areas for a very long time and with some of the same people. Over time I just got tired of hearing the complaints over and over day in and day out. Also the back stabbing was petty, couldn’t take it anymore.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement
Cons
People arguing
super busy office
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, OHMay 30, 2018
Some days we may have a morning huddle depends on the day. We are a very busy office. We room all day and answer phones. We work on Provider letters then we work on Prior Auths, Each MA has there own Doctor so we are responsible for all they need.
Our office has wonderful providers. The Culture seems to have changed a bit. I love my job the re is just not a lot of incentive. We do not get raises our earned PTO has to be used for Holidays. I am ready for a new chapter in my life and new opportunity.
Pros
not many
Cons
PTO used for Holidays

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fairfield Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Fairfield Medical Center Reviews by Location