Fairfield Medical Center Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Friendly work environment, fast paced
Unit Clerk -Duties (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, OHJuly 3, 2018
A typical day was welcoming, friendly and Very fast paced. Learned how to read heart rhythms, operate certain computer programs and what its like working in an office environment. Management was very friendly and understanding, did their best to accommodate employee's needs. The culture circled around the core values of integrity and speaking out when something is wrong. The most difficult part was the hours and dealing with grieving family members of patients that had passed away. The most enjoyable part was the co workers, fast paced environment, and learning experience.
Pros
Benefits, Paid Time Off, Friendly
Good Place to work
Pre-op RN-Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, OHJune 16, 2018
Overall FMC is a great hospital for Lancaster and the surrounding community, offering many services so patients can stay local. It has community hospital feel.
A fun, relaxed, rewarding job.
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, OHJune 16, 2018
Answered the phone, greeted patients, scheduled appointments, obtained prior insurance authorization for office procedures. A fun place to work. Learned a lot about medical procedures, insurance requirements, and how to deal effectively with patients to ensure they feel comfortable with their treatment. I really enjoy the people I work with. We are a great team.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Low salary
Atmosphere got down
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, OHJune 5, 2018
I worked in the same 3 areas for a very long time and with some of the same people. Over time I just got tired of hearing the complaints over and over day in and day out. Also the back stabbing was petty, couldn’t take it anymore.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement
Cons
People arguing
super busy office
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, OHMay 30, 2018
Some days we may have a morning huddle depends on the day. We are a very busy office. We room all day and answer phones. We work on Provider letters then we work on Prior Auths, Each MA has there own Doctor so we are responsible for all they need.
Our office has wonderful providers. The Culture seems to have changed a bit. I love my job the re is just not a lot of incentive. We do not get raises our earned PTO has to be used for Holidays. I am ready for a new chapter in my life and new opportunity.
Pros
not many
Cons
PTO used for Holidays
Neutral
Certified Phlebotomist and EKG Tech (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, OHMay 16, 2018
FMC is a wonderful organization with a not so great Phlebo Services Manager. I left for maternity leave with the birth of my son. When I called to schedule what day i would start again, i had been removed from service. This bothered me significantly
Takes care of their employees for the most part
Dietary Attendant (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, OHMay 9, 2018
Hiring team takes forever to give an answer to potential new employees, and I had to wait forever for an interview, let alone an answer. HR needs to be better organized. The department I work in is a mess in terms of being understaffed and management is terrible. Those above management do not take action. They make excuses.

Benefits are great. I love having a 401k. The staff in other departments are very respectful and kind. It's just unfortunate the leadership stands behind poor leaders.
Financial Representative (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, OHApril 29, 2018
Great company for understanding of Work/Life Balance.
Workplace culture is Ok.
Love what I do.
A lot of changes going on within the past year.
Training of jobs could be better.
n/a
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, OHApril 18, 2018
FMC is a very unorganized place to work. FMC is very under staffed and puts a lot of work onto unpaid employees. The harder you work the harder they will let you work. With no acknowledgment of your hard work.
loved the job. pay was so so
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, OHApril 14, 2018
Loved working in the cath lab. However with the small number of staff members the call was very taxing and abundant. If you were on call you knew you were going to be there.
good people poor management
Dietary Attendant (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, OHApril 12, 2018
Amazing co workers (for the most part) some drama easy work but they beg you to work tirelessly. Thrown in multiple jobs during one shift due to lack of staff. Terrible management.
Pros
great people
Cons
short staffed poor management
Low pay, no advancement
Financial Representative (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, OHApril 9, 2018
They say they like to promote internally but not at all true. Low pay, Most employees qualify for the hospital financial assistance program. Management is not interested in improving anything. Not a friendly place to work. Nurses are rude. A lot of negative attitudes but management is oblivious to the reasons why.
Pros
Low expectations, nice paid time off
Cons
No advancement, low pay, wide-spread apathy
Overall a good place to work
Financial Representative (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, OHApril 7, 2018
If learned a lot about denials and insurance companies. And a lot about contracts with insurance. I also see the change from year to year on all insurance payments, denials and coding.
Pros
Four 10 hour work days
Cons
No advancement
literally the worst
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, OHApril 1, 2018
small hospital, small minded staff. drs treat staff very poorly. poor management of patient care. team work is a joke. very poor experience working there and having family as a patient there. would no go there if i were on fire.
Small Town Environment and People.
Perioperative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, ohMarch 15, 2018
Small town hospital with the benefits of the big city medical advancements. Many local people familiar with the lifestyles of the patients in which they take care.
Great work culture
Case Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, OHMarch 13, 2018
I have been employed at FMC for a long time. The company cares about its employees and helping them to achieve as much as the employee is willing to do.
Pros
Great benefits
First job
Outpatient Coder (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, OHMarch 13, 2018
This was a great first job in the health information management arena. The office was a great place to and office staff worked well with each other on tasks.
Needs work
Medical-Surgical Unit / Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, OHMarch 7, 2018
This is a small hospital in a rural area. Good for patient care, but remember a negative atmosphere between coworkers and management. Nice place to start off as a new grad.
Crcst
CRCST (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, OHMarch 6, 2018
I like my job at FMC but we are very under paid in the Central Sterile Department. We are required to become certified. We pay to take the test, and then are required to keep up 12 hours of CEU's a year. We are then required to pay for a renewal annually.
Pros
Good supervisor
Cons
low pay, and poor benefits
a lol of oppertunity
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, OHFebruary 1, 2018
Very nice and beautiful facility with a lot of change happening. There is a lot of growth happening and this is allowing for a lot of opportunity for growth in the individual.