Fairfield Residential Employee Reviews

Stressful, productive environment, professional environment, management
Leasing Agent/Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 10, 2018
Stressful job once the company kept laying off people one had to do the work of three people. Pay was alright but commissions helped. Company was really good about making it's employees doing their daily training's. My managers were great I must say! Company would give out awards and host award ceremonies for the employees. Would also give here and there bonuses.
Pros
Awards, Bonuses
Cons
health care, short staff
Great co-workers
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 15, 2018
I enjoyed working with the team. Working together, we could always accomplished any task and challenges in the very busy workplace. The hardest part of the job was to keep the negativity received by unhappy customers due to the poor management.
Overworked
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 21, 2018
They expect you to do the work of 3 people and every department is top priority. They constantly add more and more things for you to do and don't give you enough time to do it. I feel like none of the people in the corporate office has worked onsite and actually know what it's like. Do not work for this company unless all you want is for your entire life to revolve around your job.
Fun place
Apartment Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEFebruary 17, 2018
Had a strong maintenance crew really worked well together. Big complex with pond in the middle nice property with nice amenities. Management cool everyone nice.
Fast-paced working environment
Manager in Multifamily (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 12, 2018
Fairfield Residential provides its Associates with plenty to do. Depending on the position there are long hours and a lot of travel. I would say they are not as competitive in the benefits department. Their benefits plan is a bit archaic and needs to address the long hours you are required to work. Only certain departments give promotion or advancement opportunities. It is male dominated as far as executives go and there is an old boys club culture that is alive and well. Pay is good when you start but does not change over time. If you work fast, they give you more work as your reward versus a promotion, raise or bonus. There are no monetary incentives for working harder or longer. If you make a mistake your job is on the line and there is not much in the way of employee development unless you are in Property Management. Their communication among departments is very low. The office politics are long standing and make advancement challenging. There is no transparency in what they do and therefore you never know if you are working on something that is going to make your boss more money and your stuck where you are at with some email kuddos. They do not have compensation policies and therefore are always under paying people.
Personally the amount of stress, lack of acknowledgment, office politics and commuting when I could be wfh has lead me to look elsewhere.
Pros
Engaging work, tech savvy
Cons
Lunch at your desk everyday, performance doesn't influence pay and politics
ok
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 27, 2018
Instability of knowing how long you would be at a property due to the nature of the sales model to flip properties often. Additional benefits would have helped
Poor Management
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VADecember 19, 2017
Community has gone through 4 managers since March 2017. No opportunity for career advancement which is a big con. Lack of communication makes the team as a whole suffer.
Great Company
Assistant Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIDecember 12, 2017
Great Company to work for and great work environment. The on call and snow removal is extra hours per week and all over time pay. Its a great job with great benefits.
Great expereince.
ASSISTANT PROPERTY MANAGER / LEASING AGENT (Former Employee) –  North Hollywood, CADecember 9, 2017
I had a lot of fun working at this company however my passion was to become a firefighter and they were very accommodating regarding the hours. I had a great team to work with.
What jail for 5 years had a great time learned a lot
Senior Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GADecember 5, 2017
One of the best jobs I've had in maintenance had a great team great management the office staff was great I really enjoyed working and had lots of fun and had a lot of work productivity done
December 19, 2017

Thank you for taking the time in leaving us a review. Looking at your title, did you mean to say something other than jail? We hope so! :) Nonetheless, we love hearing how much you enjoyed your team, that you felt productive, and that this is one of the best maintenance jobs you have had! Thank you for your 5 years of service with Fairfield!

Fast paced, varied tasks, helpful team members
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Everett, WADecember 4, 2017
Every day was new and exciting. Meeting and greeting new prospects, touring them and guiding them thru the application process and making sure their move in goes smoothly. Assisting current residents with their questions and needs, adding work orders when necessary.
I was able to learn new computer programs that facilitated the property management policies.
The work culture is very professional from the leasing staff to the maintenance crew.
The hardest part of the job was multi tasking, getting interrupted mid task to move on to another task, all of which were priorities.
The most enjoyable part of the job was assisting new residents in their move in, helping them overcome challenges.
Pros
benefit package
Cons
sometimes the pace was overwhelming
December 19, 2017

Thanks much for the great review! We are pleased to hear how exciting your position is with Fairfield and that you are enjoying the team atmosphere and culture. We have taken great strides in providing the best tools to succeed and we are pleased to hear you have taken advantage of that. We appreciate you sharing your experience - keep up the great work!

Structure Company
WOODLAND HILLS CA - GENERAL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 22, 2017
Fairfield is a very well structured company. They provide great training and support. The down side is that most properties are short staffed and leave no room for growth.
Pros
pays well
Cons
short staffed
December 19, 2017

Thank you for leaving us this review. We enjoy hearing how much you enjoy our training and you feel you are well supported. It is important to us that we provide this to all of our teams.

Fast paced, never a dull moment!
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCOctober 24, 2017
A typical day included being on the run from the minute walking through the door in the morning until closing up at night. Never a dull moment, and a great environment if you enjoy working with people all day and a new daily challenge (or two!). There is definitely the opportunity to learn a lot if you're driven to do so however, there seemed to be a lack of advancement opportunities (depends on the company's presence in your area though).
November 6, 2017

You’re right, property management is an exciting industry to be in! We are glad to hear Fairfield is providing you a positive environment that’s offering you with the opportunity to learn and advance. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review!

Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CAOctober 24, 2017
I have very much enjoyed working for this company. They are very appreciative of my hard work and we all work so well together to get everything done in a timely matter.
November 6, 2017

5-stars, wow, thank you!! Also, thank you for recommending Fairfield as a great place to work! We do appreciate all of the hard work our associates put in day in and day out! We are one team - we are Fairfield!

Fast Paced with high demand for accurate and precise functions
Project Accountant I/II (Former Employee) –  San DiegoOctober 16, 2017
Excellent! The training was solid. Though performance was demannding and beating the grade of the learning curve it worked out for me,Though the demands were such that there were some despite who, with team support, washed out. I am personally a joy to work with and can achieve efficiencies by fostering good relations amongst my coworker, up and down chain of command. I think it would bewise to schedule and discuss my potential employment with your firm.
Fun, Flexible Job
Leasing Professional (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 8, 2017
I was lucky to be paired with an awesome team, from the property management down to the maintenance guys we all got along great. Everyone was understanding of personal lives and would be willing to come in if someone else needed to leave. Overall an okay company to work for.
November 6, 2017

We LOVE hearing about your awesome and supportive team - and we know life happens outside of work! Maintaining a good work life balance at Fairfield is important to all of us. Thanks for leaving us a review and recommending Fairfield as a place to work.

Great experience
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Davis, CASeptember 14, 2017
I've received excellent experience from Fairfield Residential. My colleagues were wonderful and I consider them long term friends. I've experienced budget strategy training, vendor and resident relationship maintenance, and many different CA regulations regarding fair housing and compliance.
October 4, 2017

Thank you for leaving us this great review! It is wonderful to hear you have created long lasting friendships with your colleagues, and that your training experience has been excellent. At Fairfield, we believe that by providing our associates opportunities to learn, this empowers our people to succeed and grow. This is fundamental to the success of our organization.

need more employees training
Property Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDSeptember 7, 2017
Assisted the community manager with supervision, leasing, and operations of the community
Maintained accurate resident records, updates, rent deposits, and applications fees
Ensured that all rental payments were collected when due and posted in Yardi System on a timely manner for a 415-unit community.
Contacted and communicated daily with vendors and contractors concerning work scheduling, billing, and vendor relations. Processed and submitted all billing and invoices on a weekly basis
Pros
na
Cons
not too flexible with employees
Good company without work/life balance
Sr. Accountant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 5, 2017
Good company in great location. You will enjoy working there is you can work a lot of hours.
Deadlines are very tight and fast. No one takes into consideration public holidays.
Turnover is high, people get burned out.
Benefits are average.
October 4, 2017

Thank you for leaving us a review. We are disappointed to hear about your experience and respect your frustration. It is true, depending on the nature of the work, it can get heavy with deadlines with lots of hours. However, here at Fairfield, we believe work life balance is very important. One of our current projects is to improve our processes and streamline technologies to create a better balance and engaging workforce. We are also reviewing our benefits programs, including paid holidays. Thank you again for leaving us this review. Best of luck!

it was ok
LEASING CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 1, 2017
My time with Fairfield was short. The company is good and pay was good. My manager was terrible though which reflects poorly on the company. My Manager never showed up for work and would ask us to cover for her (respond to emails etc.)
Pros
pay
Cons
none- just terrible mngr
October 4, 2017

Thank you for taking the time for leaving us a review. We are sorry to hear your experience with us short and it didn’t meet your expectations. Please understand the behavior you indicate as displayed by your manager is not permitted but is not standard among our management team. If you would like to share your experience with us, please contact us HR@ffres.com or 1-866-887-3347, option 5.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fairfield Residential. Our community is ready to answer.