Fairfield Residential Employee Reviews

working for Fairfield Residential is just a Job and that is all
Assistant Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Kirkland, WANovember 5, 2018
This Company should not manage construction projects.
The Regional Manager visits once a month just to party and take the drinkers out. All of this money comes out of the project budget.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
None of their Managers have any Training
Productive and Educating Experience
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COOctober 14, 2018
Fairfield was a great place to work fast pace all while still being a relaxed environment, with a strong training department. Learning form this company never stops with is great, they are always improving systems and classes on how to reach prospective residents. Productive and Educating Experience
Pros
Training with clearity.
Cons
Lack of room for advancement in Denver.
Ok starting point
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Northern OhioOctober 11, 2018
My experience applies to norther Ohio.
Not enough professional, skilled property managers
IF you're lucky you have a good team, if not, FF will NOT fire slackers, incompetents etc. Takes MONTHS to fire those who should be cut free in weeks.
They do provide training for the basics, HVAC etc
Pros
Fair pay, training. Decent work environment.
Cons
Rare advancement, FF prefers to hire outsiders-Seen outsiders get hired over qualified regulars time, after time, after time
You're experience will depend heavely on the property.
Leasing Administrator (Current Employee) –  MichiganOctober 7, 2018
From what I can tell the company itself has an relaxed culture, and is compensates its employees well, for the not all that burdensome work that you do. Depending on the quality of your property and its management however your experience can be very different. The offices are small, meaning you will only be working with about 5-6 other staff members on any given day. If this small bunch of people are mismanaged, or guided then your days will be long.
No longer a customer friendly company
Employee (Current Employee) –  USAOctober 7, 2018
Fairfield took a complete turn for the worst from being an all about the customer service to a corporate mind set despite the Fairfield slogan being “Experience the Fairfield Difference.”
All long term employees who have worked over 10 years are getting laid off/let go for new hires to save money due to being salary capped in their positions.
No longer about what you know. Instead, it’s who you know.
The software that Fairfield has implemented/“upgraded” to it’s properties is actually a downgrade and is much more time consuming, but is forced upon it’s employees in order to save Fairfield money.
Pros
Full time job
Cons
Management, Zero training for new hires
An ok mgmt company to work for
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 6, 2018
Well I don't have many complaints about the company. I think they should expand more in Houston. If the property didn't selll the property probabIy would still be there.
If you can keep up with Fairfield you can work anywhere.
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Chester, VAJuly 17, 2018
Super fast pace, lots of paperwork, but a good place to work. I learned a lot about industry. I have enjoyed working there and the people. I enjoy working with people and this gave me a chance.
August 29, 2018

Thanks so much for the review. We are pleased to hear Fairfield is giving you the opportunity to learn about the property management industry and that you are enjoying your experience as an Assistant Property Manager. Thank you for all that you do!

Monthly party or Holiday recognition
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJuly 3, 2018
A typical day is busy, fast past and because of that time seems to fly by. A good thing, but when work become scarce so did the hours and what was once a full-time job became part-time. Management was good but can use a little improvement, but for the most part done their best to keep things afloat and make new comers feel comfortable.
August 29, 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to leave your review about Fairfield. Making our new associates feel comfortable and recognized is so very important. We greatly appreciate your hard work and dedication as a Housekeeper, as we understand how important and busy this role can be. We hope you can look to Fairfield Residential again, best of luck to you!

Worst place I've wroked yet
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 2, 2018
over priced apartments for location and what was inside the apartments. forced to move residents into units that weren't ready. manager micro managed everything. spread herself to thin then would blame the staff for her short comings. Very impersonal manager. came off as a robot most days, did not care for anyone else's opinions but her own. Has caused many people to quit. reports and complaints were sent to HR and never addressed. Would not recommend to anyone.
Pros
rent discount.
Cons
manager
August 29, 2018

We appreciate you leaving your review but we are disappointed to hear your experience was less than satisfactory. We work very hard to provide a great experience for all associates and are sorry to hear that we missed the mark with you. We encourage you to discuss with us directly. Please reach out to us by email at hr@ffres.com or call us at speak to us at 1-866-887-3347, option 5.

Needs improvement
Leasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 18, 2018
Residential real estate is a mess. Property sell and jobs are lost. To much going on in office and not enough staff members. No work/life balance. Leasing can be fun just not here.
August 29, 2018

Thank you for leaving your review. While we are disappointed to hear about your experience, we appreciate your feedback all the same. It is important that we are providing a supportive and productive environment for our associates. We are interested in hearing your suggestions on what you believe we can change in the future. Please reach out to us by email at hr@ffres.com or call us at speak to us at 1-866-887-3347, option 5.

Friendly work enviornment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJune 12, 2018
The people I worked with became life long friends and I enjoyed interacting with the customers on a daily basis. The work was fast paced enough to keep me engaged throughout the work day.
June 25, 2018

We are grateful to our people as they make up a HUGE part of what makes Fairfield so special. We are so glad you were part of our team and that we provided you with a friendly and engaging environment. Thanks so much for the review and we wish you the best in your career.

Great place to work care about the workers
Assistant Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 7, 2018
Management and staff work together. Train staff for the title to work professionally on the job. starting out in maintenance I learn to keep my personal feeling home and consider some one else concerns and needs. There was no hard part when you enjoy what you do. Most enjoyable is help people..
June 25, 2018

What a great review! Our residents and team members are benefiting from how much you enjoy your job and your desire to help others. Thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate you being a part of the Fairfield maintenance team.

Fairfield Residential
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 14, 2018
Is a company that was very great to work for I was a groundskeeper at the beginning of my career they have a large portfolio and I would recommend anyone to apply
fun company to work for
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 14, 2018
Fairfield was an amazing company to work with. We had an award winning team that was second to none. Our family culture rubbed off on to the residents which made our jobs so much easier.
Great Company and People
Management Consultant-Information Systems (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 10, 2018
Fairfield Residential has been the various stages of change over the years. Majority of the original team members left or retired. We still meet occasionally to catch up. Great journey.
Pros
Daily opportunites
Cons
Resources to implement roadmap
June 25, 2018

Thank you for the review. We appreciate Fairfield was part of your journey over the years. We look forward to catching up with you soon!

Sr. Recruiter/Manager of Talent Acquisition (Former Employee) –  Richmond Heights, OHApril 25, 2018
The management is very respectful and treats everyone well. Even when they have layoffs, they usually give almost 3 months notice and do everything they can to take care of their people.
June 25, 2018

Our apologies for our tardiness on the reply. It is incredibly important that we support and respect our associates, especially during a layoff or a property sale. Communicating early about potential timelines and opportunities to transfer to our other locations are just some of the ways we support our associates. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review.

Stressful, productive environment, professional environment, management
Leasing Agent/Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 10, 2018
Stressful job once the company kept laying off people one had to do the work of three people. Pay was alright but commissions helped. Company was really good about making it's employees doing their daily training's. My managers were great I must say! Company would give out awards and host award ceremonies for the employees. Would also give here and there bonuses.
Pros
Awards, Bonuses
Cons
health care, short staff
June 25, 2018

Thank you so much for leaving your review and our apologies for the delay of our response to you. Your feedback on what we are doing right is so great to hear. We love rewarding our employees. We know the increased work pressures are tough and we want to support our associates in any way possible. Rewarding our employees at our award ceremonies or with ‘spot bonuses’ is always a great opportunity to ‘thank’ our associates for their hard work and commitment (I mean who doesn’t some extra cash?!?). It’s also important we support our associates with their continued career growth through our career development program.

Great co-workers
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 15, 2018
I enjoyed working with the team. Working together, we could always accomplished any task and challenges in the very busy workplace. The hardest part of the job was to keep the negativity received by unhappy customers due to the poor management.
Overworked
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 21, 2018
They expect you to do the work of 3 people and every department is top priority. They constantly add more and more things for you to do and don't give you enough time to do it. I feel like none of the people in the corporate office has worked onsite and actually know what it's like. Do not work for this company unless all you want is for your entire life to revolve around your job.
Fun place
Apartment Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEFebruary 17, 2018
Had a strong maintenance crew really worked well together. Big complex with pond in the middle nice property with nice amenities. Management cool everyone nice.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fairfield Residential. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about