Fairfield Residential Employee Reviews

No longer a customer friendly company
Employee (Current Employee) –  USAOctober 7, 2018
Fairfield took a complete turn for the worst from being an all about the customer service to a corporate mind set despite the Fairfield slogan being “Experience the Fairfield Difference.”
All long term employees who have worked over 10 years are getting laid off/let go for new hires to save money due to being salary capped in their positions.
No longer about what you know. Instead, it’s who you know.
The software that Fairfield has implemented/“upgraded” to it’s properties is actually a downgrade and is much more time consuming, but is forced upon it’s employees in order to save Fairfield money.
Pros
Full time job
Cons
Management, Zero training for new hires
November 15, 2018

Thank you for your review. We are disappointed to hear about your experience and that your outlook on Fairfield has changed. Fairfield is committed to our associates and customers. Based on the constructive feedback from our team members, our senior leaders continue to strategize on process improvements and finding the best technology. With the truest of intentions, we are focused on improving not only how we operate and what’s best for our customers, but also how we can better support our teams. We would appreciate the opportunity to hear more from you as this will help us continue to improve. We encourage you to reach out by email at hr@ffres.com or call us at 1-866-887-3347, option 5.

It was fine
Assistant Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAJanuary 4, 2019
Work was typical. You show up and turn units. Prep paint. Perform maintenance. Every unit had its own challenges, so each unit was different when it came to how long it took to turn. Office staff were nice. Everybody was pretty much there to work. The only real challenge was being "on call." Living 20 minutes away, I was fortunate to receive only 1 late night emergency phone call in my time working there.
Pros
Fair salary
Cons
The work can be really filthy at times
January 12, 2019

Thank you for your review. Servicing units is a tough job, and we sympathize with the challenges that creates. Maintaining a safe, comfortable space for our tenants is an important part of the job and we appreciate all of your hard work to make sure the maintenance was done right.

You're experience will depend heavely on the property.
Leasing Administrator (Current Employee) –  MichiganOctober 7, 2018
From what I can tell the company itself has an relaxed culture, and is compensates its employees well, for the not all that burdensome work that you do. Depending on the quality of your property and its management however your experience can be very different. The offices are small, meaning you will only be working with about 5-6 other staff members on any given day. If this small bunch of people are mismanaged, or guided then your days will be long.
December 19, 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us your review. Your feedback is helpful, as this will help us continue to improve. We encourage you reach out to us and provide us with the opportunity to learn more about your experience directly. Please contact us at HR@ffres.com or by phone, 1-866- 887-3347, option 5

Ok starting point
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Northern OhioOctober 11, 2018
My experience applies to norther Ohio.
Not enough professional, skilled property managers
IF you're lucky you have a good team, if not, FF will NOT fire slackers, incompetents etc. Takes MONTHS to fire those who should be cut free in weeks.
They do provide training for the basics, HVAC etc
Pros
Fair pay, training. Decent work environment.
Cons
Rare advancement, FF prefers to hire outsiders-Seen outsiders get hired over qualified regulars time, after time, after time
November 15, 2018

Thank you for leaving a review. We are glad to hear Fairfield offers a good training program, especially when it comes to property maintenance. As with the extremely tight job market, it’s important we offer the training necessary to those that are new to the industry and interested in building a new career with us. We are disappointed to hear about your experience otherwise. We would appreciate the opportunity to learn more of your experience directly, please reach out to us by email at hr@ffres.com or call us at 1-866-887-3347, option 5.

Productive and Educating Experience
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COOctober 14, 2018
Fairfield was a great place to work fast pace all while still being a relaxed environment, with a strong training department. Learning form this company never stops with is great, they are always improving systems and classes on how to reach prospective residents. Productive and Educating Experience
Pros
Training with clearity.
Cons
Lack of room for advancement in Denver.
Fast-paced working environment
Manager in Multifamily (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 12, 2018
Fairfield Residential provides its Associates with plenty to do. Depending on the position there are long hours and a lot of travel. I would say they are not as competitive in the benefits department. Their benefits plan is a bit archaic and needs to address the long hours you are required to work. Only certain departments give promotion or advancement opportunities. It is male dominated as far as executives go and there is an old boys club culture that is alive and well. Pay is good when you start but does not change over time. If you work fast, they give you more work as your reward versus a promotion, raise or bonus. There are no monetary incentives for working harder or longer. If you make a mistake your job is on the line and there is not much in the way of employee development unless you are in Property Management. Their communication among departments is very low. The office politics are long standing and make advancement challenging. There is no transparency in what they do and therefore you never know if you are working on something that is going to make your boss more money and your stuck where you are at with some email kuddos. They do not have compensation policies and therefore are always under paying people.
Personally the amount of stress, lack of acknowledgment, office politics and commuting when I could be wfh has lead me to look elsewhere.
Pros
Engaging work, tech savvy
Cons
Lunch at your desk everyday, performance doesn't influence pay and politics
good place to work
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJDecember 23, 2018
good place to work at they are OK with pay and time office just make sure you don't go over 30 per hour or corp office will find a way to let you go if your not upper management
Pros
good place to work
January 8, 2019

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you recommending Fairfield as a good place to work. Best of luck to you.

Regional Service Manager
Regional Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 24, 2017
Fairfield Residential has been an amazing company to work for. There wasn't a day that went by that I didn't learn something new while building my career in Property Management over the past eight years. The Management opportunities that I have had have helped mold me as an individual and have given me the tools to lead. Keeping up with operations and maintenance of twenty six communities in my portfolio has been my greatest challenge while balancing home and work with heavy travel. I have enjoyed working with both the teams and customers and am looking to continue to do so throughout my career.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Home and work life balance
July 12, 2017

Wow! Thank you so much for your amazing review! Everything you mentioned exemplifies what Fairfield strives to provide for our associates. We are so proud of your accomplishments thus far and especially the dedication shown in your 8-year career with Fairfield. We understand that work life balance can be challenging, especially in the role you are in, but we are glad to hear we are providing you the tools to succeed and lead in your position. Never stop learning and growing with us!

working for Fairfield Residential is just a Job and that is all
Assistant Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Kirkland, WANovember 5, 2018
This Company should not manage construction projects.
The Regional Manager visits once a month just to party and take the drinkers out. All of this money comes out of the project budget.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
None of their Managers have any Training
Monthly party or Holiday recognition
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJuly 3, 2018
A typical day is busy, fast past and because of that time seems to fly by. A good thing, but when work become scarce so did the hours and what was once a full-time job became part-time. Management was good but can use a little improvement, but for the most part done their best to keep things afloat and make new comers feel comfortable.
August 29, 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to leave your review about Fairfield. Making our new associates feel comfortable and recognized is so very important. We greatly appreciate your hard work and dedication as a Housekeeper, as we understand how important and busy this role can be. We hope you can look to Fairfield Residential again, best of luck to you!

ok
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 27, 2018
Instability of knowing how long you would be at a property due to the nature of the sales model to flip properties often. Additional benefits would have helped
Productive but also a fun atmosphere!
Assistant Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 12, 2017
A typical day at work: The typical office/computer work, combined with a ton of resident interaction. Plenty of opportunity to market as well as meet with current, but also up-coming businesses. What is also nice, is being able to be a part of a team that really understands one another and takes great pride in their job, making it that much more enjoyable.

Overcoming objectives is a part of any job or career.
The hardest part is if you choose to make it hard. If you strive to be the best you can be and truly learn from any mistake, then you will be the best you.
Pros
Quartly bonuses, Hourly and commissions, Benifits and twice yearly recognition awards
July 12, 2017

We love getting insight from our current associates! Thanks so much for taking the time to describe a typical day at the property. You are correct - when working in a customer service/sales minded environment, overcoming objections is part of the job. At Fairfield, we strive to provide our associates with the tools to overcome those objections and, overall, to succeed in their role. Working with a fun, supportive and dedicated team always makes for a better experience! We appreciate you being part of the Fairfield team!

Worst place I've wroked yet
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 2, 2018
over priced apartments for location and what was inside the apartments. forced to move residents into units that weren't ready. manager micro managed everything. spread herself to thin then would blame the staff for her short comings. Very impersonal manager. came off as a robot most days, did not care for anyone else's opinions but her own. Has caused many people to quit. reports and complaints were sent to HR and never addressed. Would not recommend to anyone.
Pros
rent discount.
Cons
manager
August 29, 2018

We appreciate you leaving your review but we are disappointed to hear your experience was less than satisfactory. We work very hard to provide a great experience for all associates and are sorry to hear that we missed the mark with you. We encourage you to discuss with us directly. Please reach out to us by email at hr@ffres.com or call us at speak to us at 1-866-887-3347, option 5.

AMAZING Company and Great Opportunities
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 28, 2017
Loved working for Fairfield, the company is willing to help train you and make sure that you grow. Benefits are great. The company really does care about their residents and the properties they own. I've never been to a property that wasn't immaculate. The only issues I have are with the way Management/HR handle issues or complaints. There were also quite a few times they'd go against "The Fairfield Way" and it made it very confusing for the staff to know what to do in certain situations due to not being consistent. Finally, upper management was very political. If you weren't apart of a certain click within the company you were bullied and eventually pushed out.
Pros
Amazing opportunities to travel and move up within the company, Benefits are great, A lot of fun to work for
Cons
Very political, HR isn't on your side when it comes to complaints or issues, Management gossips to employees and residents
Great place to work care about the workers
Assistant Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 7, 2018
Management and staff work together. Train staff for the title to work professionally on the job. starting out in maintenance I learn to keep my personal feeling home and consider some one else concerns and needs. There was no hard part when you enjoy what you do. Most enjoyable is help people..
June 25, 2018

What a great review! Our residents and team members are benefiting from how much you enjoy your job and your desire to help others. Thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate you being a part of the Fairfield maintenance team.

Great Company
Assistant Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIDecember 12, 2017
Great Company to work for and great work environment. The on call and snow removal is extra hours per week and all over time pay. Its a great job with great benefits.
Needs improvement
Leasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 18, 2018
Residential real estate is a mess. Property sell and jobs are lost. To much going on in office and not enough staff members. No work/life balance. Leasing can be fun just not here.
August 29, 2018

Thank you for leaving your review. While we are disappointed to hear about your experience, we appreciate your feedback all the same. It is important that we are providing a supportive and productive environment for our associates. We are interested in hearing your suggestions on what you believe we can change in the future. Please reach out to us by email at hr@ffres.com or call us at speak to us at 1-866-887-3347, option 5.

Big company, high turnover!
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 16, 2013
Fairfield made a turn for the worst after their bankruptcy. Loyal employee's were let go, every time you turned around someone in upper management was resigning, and the on-site employees suffered because of it. The structure changed and never recovered; the culture changed; everything changed! There is some room for growth but you either have to know someone in upper management to help you grow or you have to put in unbelievable hours to accomplish your goals (regardless of what achievements/designations/degrees you acquired while with the company). In this company, you almost have to sacrifice your personal life to advance and you must take the initiative to make things happen on your own because it's unlikely to be promoted within (unless you've "played the game" and got on everyone's good side or personally know someone at corporate).
Pros
Compensation and health benefits were fair.
Cons
Unstable structure, favoritism, culture issues.
An ok mgmt company to work for
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 6, 2018
Well I don't have many complaints about the company. I think they should expand more in Houston. If the property didn't selll the property probabIy would still be there.
Overwhelming conditions
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTApril 14, 2013
At first glance it looked like a good place to work at but as time went by I quickly realized that I was working alone. Not only did I not have the support of the management or my assistant but the previous manager had run down the place. Its like everything was working against me. Management changed at the property but problems still remained because the root of it stemmed from a Regional level. After I tried my hardest and even inconvenienced my family by coming in extra early and working late hours and even weekends trying to satisfy management, I was still let go. Soon after my departure they realized that the problem in fact was not me. I am glad that changes were made, although too late for me but my colleagues and friends that still work there are reaping the benefits.
Pros
apartment and access to pool
Cons
place has a long way to go before it is back on track

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fairfield Residential. Our community is ready to answer.