Fairfield Residential Employee Reviews for Property Manager

Poor management
PROPERTY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  VirginiaAugust 6, 2019
my regional manager and property managers were the worst
the pay was awful for the amount of work you have to do daily
I NOW HAVE NEW EMPLOYMENT AND I'M STREE FREE

You cannot have a life working here
They work you like a slave and pay you like you only have a high school diploma

DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT WORK HERE
productive, competive, fun, serious
Property Manager at Yardley Crossing (Former Employee) –  Yardley, PAJuly 29, 2019
I loved the management company, the area of the property, the people in the community. Regionals were the best and someone was always in the it department
Company does not care about their employees
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 12, 2019
I did not have a good experience with this company unfortunately. I have worked in property management for over ten years and can honestly say there are so many better places to work. Also, they continuously buy and sell their properties so there is no job security with them. Do yourself a favor and keep looking. It’s a wonderful industry when you choose the right place. Good luck!
Pros
Pretty locations for the most part.
Cons
Being over worked, poor culture, horrible management and zero concern for employee well being.
Best Property Management Company To Work for in my Book!
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 6, 2019
I have to tell you Fairfield is the BEST property management company I’ve ever worked for. I did encounter unusual circumstances with the last two regional managers I had but, they are no longer with Fairfield. HR department is absolutely phenomenal. I don’t see how someone could say HR discriminates because I’m here to tell you they do not. They treat each situation fairly. I have worked for Fairfield off and on since 1993. I hope to work for them again someday. Currently I am a Business Office Manager for a fire safety company. Folks if you are looking for a career in property management you cannot go wrong with Fairfield! Great company!
July 17, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and comment. We appreciate the kind words. While we have things to work on, we're glad you sensed the integrity and culture we've worked hard to create at Fairfield. We are happy to see you've worked with us intermittently over the last 25 years and have enjoyed your time doing so.

Not Recommended
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Margate, FLJune 1, 2019
During my time with Fairfield Residential I found the Regional Management of South Florida to be of very low professional integrity. Gender based discrimination and favoritism went unchecked in the region during my time. I was regularly expected to work weekend hours in additional my Mon-Fri schedule in order to compensate for staffing shortages, and I was never compensated or allowed to take a day off during the week in return. In the end, after successfully leading my property through a substantial renovation process I was laid off in order to accommodate the Regional Manager's desire to work with another area Property Manager whose property had just sold. My Regional Manager was incapable of addressing my layoff in a genuine manner-she pointed to a non-existent seniority policy when advising me that I was being let go, in spite of the fact that no such policy exists within the company and in spite of the fact that even if such a policy had existed there were other area Property Managers who had less seniority than I.
Cons
low integrity, cliquish environment
June 27, 2019

All reports of discrimination, harassment and retaliation are addressed in compliance with our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Harassment and Discrimination policies. Your comments are concerning and we hope that you will contact our HR Department to provide more specific information. We can be reached at HR@ffres.com or by phone 866-887-3347; option 5

fun staff
Property Manager (Lease Up-Property Sold (Former Employee) –  Chino Hills, CAMay 16, 2019
Great place and worked for them for 8.5 yrs. prior and was laid off in 2008. I love what I do so please call me for an interview. I look forward with hearing from you.
Pros
pay
Cons
training
June 27, 2019

Thank you for your review and comments. We love that our associates enjoy working with us and encourage you to look at our open positions on our website to see if anything fits your qualifications. Feel free to contact us via email at HR@ffres.com or by phone at 866-887-3347; option 5

Great Company
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  DC MetroMarch 23, 2019
I have worked for Fairfield for 6 years and have loved it! the company culture is great and they promote from within, so I was able to move up quickly.
May 7, 2019

Thank you for your review and comments. We are happy to hear that you have enjoyed working with us. If you have any additional comments we'd love to hear them. We can be contacted at HR@ffres.com or by phone at 866-887-3347; option 5

Large, structured company
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 22, 2019
Did not experience the corporate culture - there is a lack of mentorship that offers opportunity for growth within the company. There was a lack of support from management level to the onsite teams that makes it difficult to operate when challenged with extreme workload and lack of staffing. No sense of community between onsite and corporate teams.
April 8, 2019

Thank you for your review. Through feedback like your's and through our recent engagement survey we realized we are behind on creating valuable career paths and training to our associates. We recently launched a new training platform and are continually striving to provide more resources for our associates. If you have any additional comments to offer us we can be reached by email at HR@ffres.com or by phone at 866-887-3347; option 5

Great Company
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 29, 2019
I loved working for Fairfield but the drive was just to far for me. Great team focus and wonderful support from corporate. I learned so much from working for this company.
Pros
Cons
Teamwork, benefits, wonderful support
May 7, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We're sorry the commute was too much, but are happy that you enjoyed being a part of the Fairfield Team.

ok
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 27, 2018
Instability of knowing how long you would be at a property due to the nature of the sales model to flip properties often. Additional benefits would have helped
Fast paced, never a dull moment!
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCOctober 24, 2017
A typical day included being on the run from the minute walking through the door in the morning until closing up at night. Never a dull moment, and a great environment if you enjoy working with people all day and a new daily challenge (or two!). There is definitely the opportunity to learn a lot if you're driven to do so however, there seemed to be a lack of advancement opportunities (depends on the company's presence in your area though).
November 6, 2017

You’re right, property management is an exciting industry to be in! We are glad to hear Fairfield is providing you a positive environment that’s offering you with the opportunity to learn and advance. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review!

Great experience
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Davis, CASeptember 14, 2017
I've received excellent experience from Fairfield Residential. My colleagues were wonderful and I consider them long term friends. I've experienced budget strategy training, vendor and resident relationship maintenance, and many different CA regulations regarding fair housing and compliance.
October 4, 2017

Thank you for leaving us this great review! It is wonderful to hear you have created long lasting friendships with your colleagues, and that your training experience has been excellent. At Fairfield, we believe that by providing our associates opportunities to learn, this empowers our people to succeed and grow. This is fundamental to the success of our organization.

A typical day at work
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDMay 12, 2017
Oversaw Home Warranty process to ensure multiple builders were in compliance with the National Builders Association guidelines

Performed inspections with homeowners to communicate with the builders to resolve warrantable concerns

Manage and perform new home orientations with new home buyers educating them with warranty coverage

Performed punch out for new construction of single family homes, townhomes, apartments and condos for multiple builders prior to homeowner purchase
Wonderful Company to work for
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 30, 2016
I love Fairfield residential! Little room for advancement. Great work life balance, and they really care about their employees.
Excellent company to work with on all levels
Property Manager/Shorewood Apartments (Former Employee) –  North Providence, RIOctober 3, 2015
As you know, Property Management creates new opportunities & challenges each day. That is why I love it so - it's always interesting, ever changing and you never have the same day twice on any level.
Pros
Support provided as needed, excellent product, strong staff
Cons
Seilling of multiple properties in the NE has led to my being laid off.
The most corrupt and discriminatory HR department ever!
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  WashingtonOctober 27, 2014
I wish I had good things to say about this company. I worked there as a property manager for over 2 years. They have the most corrupt and discriminatory HR department I have ever encountered. I have worked for 3 of the largest multi-family property management companies in the US and I have never seen internal personnel operate like they do in this company.

The Human Resources Director for the WA (I would gladly post her name if I could) is racist and discriminatory and has been given free reign to make any decision she wishes regardless of anything substantiated, any proof or validity. They are very focused on their company being an "at will employer" and they can fire you at any moment with no notice for no reason. As the HR director so kindly put it, "the salaried employees are replaceable." And they don't hesitate to practice that belief regularly!! And that's the way they run their business. It is so serious that an EEOC investigation is being done on them right now.

I won multiple awards within the company and they lost an amazing employee who made them a ton of money! There are numerous management companies out there, I strongly caution you to steer clear of this one.
Pros
Generous paid holidays
Cons
Completely unfair treatment of employees. Discriminatory Human Resources.
Horrible Company to work for! Don't do it!!!!
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMay 13, 2014
The company I worked for sold the property I worked at for 8 years to Fairfield in Dec 2012. From that day the property as well as the work environment went down hill. Upper management only cared about numbers, increased rents right away without researching the sub-market, residents started moving out, also they expected a 25 plus year old property to not only be maintained, but thrive on a pseudo budget prepared out of nowhere with no real historical data. The budget was more designed for a brand new community with little needed in terms of wear-and-tear items...the community was 27 years old! I was made to be made to feel incompetent and practically harassed by the regional manager daily for not staying within budget which was impossible! Unrealistic demands were put on me as the Manager as well as the Service Manager. Policy was not well laid out and it seemed as if everyone in upper management had no idea how to interpret the written policy, so "policy" depended on who was asked and at time they were asked. I can go on and on, but I'll end with how non-responsive HR was when the regional manager's behavior was questionable and it was brought to their attention. I moved on from a property and job I loved due to this horrible management company. I will never recommend this as a place to work, not even to an enemy! No one should be subject to such work condition under no circumstances!
Pros
none!
Cons
horrible work environment, incompetent upper management, unresponsive HR Dept
Big company, high turnover!
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 16, 2013
Fairfield made a turn for the worst after their bankruptcy. Loyal employee's were let go, every time you turned around someone in upper management was resigning, and the on-site employees suffered because of it. The structure changed and never recovered; the culture changed; everything changed! There is some room for growth but you either have to know someone in upper management to help you grow or you have to put in unbelievable hours to accomplish your goals (regardless of what achievements/designations/degrees you acquired while with the company). In this company, you almost have to sacrifice your personal life to advance and you must take the initiative to make things happen on your own because it's unlikely to be promoted within (unless you've "played the game" and got on everyone's good side or personally know someone at corporate).
Pros
Compensation and health benefits were fair.
Cons
Unstable structure, favoritism, culture issues.
Great Place to Work & Enjoyed My Team
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDOctober 9, 2012
I enjoyed working with Fairfield Residential in Wheaton MD. Great team! Upper Management was great sorry that I transferred to NC and the properties were sold.
Pros
great team
Cons
property sold
Fairfield was a GREAT company to work for!!!
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta GaFebruary 28, 2012
I have been in the industry for 21 yrs now. I have to say Fairfield was the BEST company I worked for.. Thanks for all the GREAT years..
Pros
cares about the people