Fairfield Residential Culture reviews

Property Manager Skylar Pointe
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 13, 2019
Had an Awesome RM, worked with him in Corpus Christ TX. Loved the support from the corp office. Was the biggest unit count I had ever managed. Property was doing full unit renovations. Loved the fast pace culture!
productive, competive, fun, serious
Property Manager at Yardley Crossing (Former Employee) –  Yardley, PAJuly 29, 2019
I loved the management company, the area of the property, the people in the community. Regionals were the best and someone was always in the it department
September 11, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to submit your thoughts on working at Fairfield Residential. We're glad that you enjoyed all that Fairfield strives to offer, from the community we build to the associates we employ. We appreciate everything our associates do for us. We look forward to continuing to make this a great place to work.

Company does not care about their employees
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 12, 2019
I did not have a good experience with this company unfortunately. I have worked in property management for over ten years and can honestly say there are so many better places to work. Also, they continuously buy and sell their properties so there is no job security with them. Do yourself a favor and keep looking. It’s a wonderful industry when you choose the right place. Good luck!
Pros
Pretty locations for the most part.
Cons
Being over worked, poor culture, horrible management and zero concern for employee well being.
Great Company
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  DC MetroMarch 23, 2019
I have worked for Fairfield for 6 years and have loved it! the company culture is great and they promote from within, so I was able to move up quickly.
May 7, 2019

Thank you for your review and comments. We are happy to hear that you have enjoyed working with us. If you have any additional comments we'd love to hear them. We can be contacted at HR@ffres.com or by phone at 866-887-3347; option 5

Large, structured company
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 22, 2019
Did not experience the corporate culture - there is a lack of mentorship that offers opportunity for growth within the company. There was a lack of support from management level to the onsite teams that makes it difficult to operate when challenged with extreme workload and lack of staffing. No sense of community between onsite and corporate teams.
April 8, 2019

Thank you for your review. Through feedback like your's and through our recent engagement survey we realized we are behind on creating valuable career paths and training to our associates. We recently launched a new training platform and are continually striving to provide more resources for our associates. If you have any additional comments to offer us we can be reached by email at HR@ffres.com or by phone at 866-887-3347; option 5

Great Company
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 29, 2019
I loved working for Fairfield but the drive was just to far for me. Great team focus and wonderful support from corporate. I learned so much from working for this company.
Pros
Cons
Teamwork, benefits, wonderful support
May 7, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We're sorry the commute was too much, but are happy that you enjoyed being a part of the Fairfield Team.

You're experience will depend heavely on the property.
Leasing Administrator (Current Employee) –  MichiganOctober 7, 2018
From what I can tell the company itself has an relaxed culture, and is compensates its employees well, for the not all that burdensome work that you do. Depending on the quality of your property and its management however your experience can be very different. The offices are small, meaning you will only be working with about 5-6 other staff members on any given day. If this small bunch of people are mismanaged, or guided then your days will be long.
December 19, 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us your review. Your feedback is helpful, as this will help us continue to improve. We encourage you reach out to us and provide us with the opportunity to learn more about your experience directly. Please contact us at HR@ffres.com or by phone, 1-866- 887-3347, option 5

Friendly work enviornment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJune 12, 2018
The people I worked with became life long friends and I enjoyed interacting with the customers on a daily basis. The work was fast paced enough to keep me engaged throughout the work day.
June 25, 2018

We are grateful to our people as they make up a HUGE part of what makes Fairfield so special. We are so glad you were part of our team and that we provided you with a friendly and engaging environment. Thanks so much for the review and we wish you the best in your career.

Great place to work care about the workers
Assistant Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 7, 2018
Management and staff work together. Train staff for the title to work professionally on the job. starting out in maintenance I learn to keep my personal feeling home and consider some one else concerns and needs. There was no hard part when you enjoy what you do. Most enjoyable is help people..
June 25, 2018

What a great review! Our residents and team members are benefiting from how much you enjoy your job and your desire to help others. Thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate you being a part of the Fairfield maintenance team.

fun company to work for
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 14, 2018
Fairfield was an amazing company to work with. We had an award winning team that was second to none. Our family culture rubbed off on to the residents which made our jobs so much easier.
Great co-workers
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 15, 2018
I enjoyed working with the team. Working together, we could always accomplished any task and challenges in the very busy workplace. The hardest part of the job was to keep the negativity received by unhappy customers due to the poor management.
Fun place
Apartment Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEFebruary 17, 2018
Had a strong maintenance crew really worked well together. Big complex with pond in the middle nice property with nice amenities. Management cool everyone nice.
Fast-paced working environment
Manager in Multifamily (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 12, 2018
Fairfield Residential provides its Associates with plenty to do. Depending on the position there are long hours and a lot of travel. I would say they are not as competitive in the benefits department. Their benefits plan is a bit archaic and needs to address the long hours you are required to work. Only certain departments give promotion or advancement opportunities. It is male dominated as far as executives go and there is an old boys club culture that is alive and well. Pay is good when you start but does not change over time. If you work fast, they give you more work as your reward versus a promotion, raise or bonus. There are no monetary incentives for working harder or longer. If you make a mistake your job is on the line and there is not much in the way of employee development unless you are in Property Management. Their communication among departments is very low. The office politics are long standing and make advancement challenging. There is no transparency in what they do and therefore you never know if you are working on something that is going to make your boss more money and your stuck where you are at with some email kuddos. They do not have compensation policies and therefore are always under paying people.
Personally the amount of stress, lack of acknowledgment, office politics and commuting when I could be wfh has lead me to look elsewhere.
Pros
Engaging work, tech savvy
Cons
Lunch at your desk everyday, performance doesn't influence pay and politics
Great expereince.
ASSISTANT PROPERTY MANAGER / LEASING AGENT (Former Employee) –  North Hollywood, CADecember 9, 2017
I had a lot of fun working at this company however my passion was to become a firefighter and they were very accommodating regarding the hours. I had a great team to work with.
What jail for 5 years had a great time learned a lot
Senior Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GADecember 5, 2017
One of the best jobs I've had in maintenance had a great team great management the office staff was great I really enjoyed working and had lots of fun and had a lot of work productivity done
December 19, 2017

Thank you for taking the time in leaving us a review. Looking at your title, did you mean to say something other than jail? We hope so! :) Nonetheless, we love hearing how much you enjoyed your team, that you felt productive, and that this is one of the best maintenance jobs you have had! Thank you for your 5 years of service with Fairfield!

Fast paced, varied tasks, helpful team members
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Everett, WADecember 4, 2017
Every day was new and exciting. Meeting and greeting new prospects, touring them and guiding them thru the application process and making sure their move in goes smoothly. Assisting current residents with their questions and needs, adding work orders when necessary.
I was able to learn new computer programs that facilitated the property management policies.
The work culture is very professional from the leasing staff to the maintenance crew.
The hardest part of the job was multi tasking, getting interrupted mid task to move on to another task, all of which were priorities.
The most enjoyable part of the job was assisting new residents in their move in, helping them overcome challenges.
Pros
benefit package
Cons
sometimes the pace was overwhelming
December 19, 2017

Thanks much for the great review! We are pleased to hear how exciting your position is with Fairfield and that you are enjoying the team atmosphere and culture. We have taken great strides in providing the best tools to succeed and we are pleased to hear you have taken advantage of that. We appreciate you sharing your experience - keep up the great work!

Productive but also a fun atmosphere!
Assistant Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 12, 2017
A typical day at work: The typical office/computer work, combined with a ton of resident interaction. Plenty of opportunity to market as well as meet with current, but also up-coming businesses. What is also nice, is being able to be a part of a team that really understands one another and takes great pride in their job, making it that much more enjoyable.

Overcoming objectives is a part of any job or career.
The hardest part is if you choose to make it hard. If you strive to be the best you can be and truly learn from any mistake, then you will be the best you.
Pros
Quartly bonuses, Hourly and commissions, Benifits and twice yearly recognition awards
July 12, 2017

We love getting insight from our current associates! Thanks so much for taking the time to describe a typical day at the property. You are correct - when working in a customer service/sales minded environment, overcoming objections is part of the job. At Fairfield, we strive to provide our associates with the tools to overcome those objections and, overall, to succeed in their role. Working with a fun, supportive and dedicated team always makes for a better experience! We appreciate you being part of the Fairfield team!

Easy going Job with benefits
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Exton, PAJanuary 8, 2017
Enjoyed being a night auditor, the hardest part was making the switch to the hours they were asking for. typical day was slow due to the hours. the most enjoyable part of the job was the leniency. co workers were great and nice, management was okay.
Pros
leniency
Cons
Shift
Fun work enivronment
Housekeeping, Front Desk, Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 17, 2016
The environment was always good, I worked with great people from the staff, to the guest that came in.
The Fairfield "Difference"
Unknown (Current Employee) –  UnknownMay 18, 2016
I don't know exactly what makes Fairfield different (in a good way) from other companies. There is little-to-no room for advancement and management clearly doesn't care enough to see that an employee isn't completing their job as defined in the job description. The pay is NOT competitive by any means, but it is a paycheck at least, which is more than what some people get.
Pros
I haven't found any..
Cons
Poor management, VERY low pay for expected amount of work, no room for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fairfield Residential. Our community is ready to answer.