Fairfield Residential Management reviews

Great Place to Work
Assistant Property Manger (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 14, 2019
Excellent team, collaborative work environment! Extremely busy, lots of hard work. We were in a lease up which required us to work overtime, week-ends and holidays.
Pros
Great team, management, benefits
Cons
Lots of hours in a lease up
September 11, 2019

Thank you for your review and comments. We appreciate the positive feedback on our work environment and management. We understand that lease up properties get busy and we appreciate your hard work and dedication to getting the job done. Your dedication allowed our residents to experience The Fairfield Difference and we appreciate you for that.

Poor management
PROPERTY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  VirginiaAugust 6, 2019
my regional manager and property managers were the worst
the pay was awful for the amount of work you have to do daily
I NOW HAVE NEW EMPLOYMENT AND I'M STREE FREE

You cannot have a life working here
They work you like a slave and pay you like you only have a high school diploma

DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT WORK HERE
Ok company
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJuly 31, 2019
The company is ok. Over load of work. Corporate implements new policies and have no idea what and how things are ran in the property. They just want to see numbers. My manager lost myself. She began to hire people to just occupy positions but not hold them accountable for their jobs. Maintenance isn’t strong at all and she’s too scared to address the
problems with them out of fear that they may quit. She wanted me to make sure they’re job is done daily. If I’m doing the job of a person sitting in the office, then why are they here. I should be paid their salary as well.
Pros
Good Pay and Benefits
productive, competive, fun, serious
Property Manager at Yardley Crossing (Former Employee) –  Yardley, PAJuly 29, 2019
I loved the management company, the area of the property, the people in the community. Regionals were the best and someone was always in the it department
September 11, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to submit your thoughts on working at Fairfield Residential. We're glad that you enjoyed all that Fairfield strives to offer, from the community we build to the associates we employ. We appreciate everything our associates do for us. We look forward to continuing to make this a great place to work.

Company does not care about their employees
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 12, 2019
I did not have a good experience with this company unfortunately. I have worked in property management for over ten years and can honestly say there are so many better places to work. Also, they continuously buy and sell their properties so there is no job security with them. Do yourself a favor and keep looking. It’s a wonderful industry when you choose the right place. Good luck!
Pros
Pretty locations for the most part.
Cons
Being over worked, poor culture, horrible management and zero concern for employee well being.
Best Property Management Company To Work for in my Book!
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 6, 2019
I have to tell you Fairfield is the BEST property management company I’ve ever worked for. I did encounter unusual circumstances with the last two regional managers I had but, they are no longer with Fairfield. HR department is absolutely phenomenal. I don’t see how someone could say HR discriminates because I’m here to tell you they do not. They treat each situation fairly. I have worked for Fairfield off and on since 1993. I hope to work for them again someday. Currently I am a Business Office Manager for a fire safety company. Folks if you are looking for a career in property management you cannot go wrong with Fairfield! Great company!
July 17, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and comment. We appreciate the kind words. While we have things to work on, we're glad you sensed the integrity and culture we've worked hard to create at Fairfield. We are happy to see you've worked with us intermittently over the last 25 years and have enjoyed your time doing so.

Not Recommended
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Margate, FLJune 1, 2019
During my time with Fairfield Residential I found the Regional Management of South Florida to be of very low professional integrity. Gender based discrimination and favoritism went unchecked in the region during my time. I was regularly expected to work weekend hours in additional my Mon-Fri schedule in order to compensate for staffing shortages, and I was never compensated or allowed to take a day off during the week in return. In the end, after successfully leading my property through a substantial renovation process I was laid off in order to accommodate the Regional Manager's desire to work with another area Property Manager whose property had just sold. My Regional Manager was incapable of addressing my layoff in a genuine manner-she pointed to a non-existent seniority policy when advising me that I was being let go, in spite of the fact that no such policy exists within the company and in spite of the fact that even if such a policy had existed there were other area Property Managers who had less seniority than I.
Cons
low integrity, cliquish environment
June 27, 2019

All reports of discrimination, harassment and retaliation are addressed in compliance with our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Harassment and Discrimination policies. Your comments are concerning and we hope that you will contact our HR Department to provide more specific information. We can be reached at HR@ffres.com or by phone 866-887-3347; option 5

My Experience was not good.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  USAApril 27, 2019
I loved this job, my residents and staff. I hate that Im leaving, but sometimes you can recognize the changes needed are just not going to happen. The lack of training and demanding deadlines are impossible and very stressful. Everythings crammed into goto meetings when you barely have the time or are constantly interrupted. So its like the blind leading the blind when training fellow coworkers. You become overwhelmed and pressured to complete work that you dont have time to finish. So you end up working 10-12 hour days or take your work home. Concerns are looked over and its a No Win situation so expressing your issues is a waste. I would love to stay but I hate to fail, cause thats exactly what It feels like a set up for failure. I recommend taking time and giving hands on training. Observe the management leadership skills and how they talk to and treat their employees, ask EACH employee how they feel. Listen to concerns and actually compromise for solutions not just shut them down. The HR dept should actually contact an employee that puts in a resignation notice, not just ask them to follow proper procedure and complete their resignation in workday. That just makes someone considering to stay more discouraged cause you havent even reached out to see if they would consider staying or hear the reason they are leaving. When you value your employees, have a good team and may be at risk of losing them communication is the key. I have never worked for a property management company that operates this way its very unorganized. But I dont believe its like this for everyone in the  more... company, I just know my experience has not been a good one. Thats why I decided to move on.  less
Pros
Worldwide company room to transfer and travel
Cons
No training, unorganized, no support, no communication, mamagement
May 29, 2019

Thank you for your review and comments. Fairfield understands the importance of learning and development. We have a comprehensive training program that includes a combination of recorded webinars, live webinars and in person training. We have also implemented a new Learning Management System. In addition, hours are set aside for training when the properties are not open to allow for no interruptions.

When submitting a resignation in Workday, an exit interview questionnaire is auto generated and sent to the associate who is resigning. We review these frequently and reach out for clarification or if there is need for further discussion. IF you have not already done so, we encourage you to complete the exit interview questionnaire, or contact us at HR@ffres.com or by phone at 866-887-3347; option 5

Worst Company Ever Worked For!
Leasing Specialist (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaApril 19, 2019
Worst Company Ever Worked for! Management not reliable.
They don't appreciate any commitment from employees. Training is horrible. The load of work is so much it's impossible to complete. Don't even consider working for this company
Pros
Non
Cons
Work environment horrible!
May 7, 2019

Thank you for your review. We're sorry to hear about your experience while working for our company. Through feedback like your's and through our recent engagement survey we realized we are behind on creating valuable training to our associates. We recently launched a new training platform and are continually striving to provide more resources for our associates. We also have our Management Training program and hope that this will help in the relationship between management and staff. If you have any additional comments to offer us we can be reached by email at HR@ffres.com or by phone at 866-887-3347; option 5

good
Property Management Accounting-Staff Accountant II (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 8, 2019
good company to work with, nice co-worker, room to grow. relax but intensively learning workplace. Good management team, nice perks and holiday package.
May 7, 2019

Thank you for being an important part of the Fairfield Difference! We appreciate your hard work and dedication.

great company
manager (Former Employee) –  Streetsboro, OHMarch 25, 2019
Wonderful company and region until the vp left and went elsewhere. Regional management is quite awesome. Living at one of their communities is fabulous as well
April 8, 2019

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed working for us and experiencing the Fairfield Difference at one of our properties. If you have any additional comments please don't hesitate to contact us at HR@ffres.com or by phone at 866-887-3347; option 5

Large, structured company
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 22, 2019
Did not experience the corporate culture - there is a lack of mentorship that offers opportunity for growth within the company. There was a lack of support from management level to the onsite teams that makes it difficult to operate when challenged with extreme workload and lack of staffing. No sense of community between onsite and corporate teams.
April 8, 2019

Thank you for your review. Through feedback like your's and through our recent engagement survey we realized we are behind on creating valuable career paths and training to our associates. We recently launched a new training platform and are continually striving to provide more resources for our associates. If you have any additional comments to offer us we can be reached by email at HR@ffres.com or by phone at 866-887-3347; option 5

Professional work environment
Superintendent (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 8, 2019
Ive spent many years with this company, my co workers and even upper management are like family. Everyone takes pride in their work and it shows in every completed project.

good place to work
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJDecember 23, 2018
good place to work at they are OK with pay and time office just make sure you don't go over 30 per hour or corp office will find a way to let you go if your not upper management
Pros
good place to work
January 8, 2019

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you recommending Fairfield as a good place to work. Best of luck to you.

You're experience will depend heavely on the property.
Leasing Administrator (Current Employee) –  MichiganOctober 7, 2018
From what I can tell the company itself has an relaxed culture, and is compensates its employees well, for the not all that burdensome work that you do. Depending on the quality of your property and its management however your experience can be very different. The offices are small, meaning you will only be working with about 5-6 other staff members on any given day. If this small bunch of people are mismanaged, or guided then your days will be long.
December 19, 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us your review. Your feedback is helpful, as this will help us continue to improve. We encourage you reach out to us and provide us with the opportunity to learn more about your experience directly. Please contact us at HR@ffres.com or by phone, 1-866- 887-3347, option 5

No longer a customer friendly company
Employee (Current Employee) –  USAOctober 7, 2018
Fairfield took a complete turn for the worst from being an all about the customer service to a corporate mind set despite the Fairfield slogan being “Experience the Fairfield Difference.”
All long term employees who have worked over 10 years are getting laid off/let go for new hires to save money due to being salary capped in their positions.
No longer about what you know. Instead, it’s who you know.
The software that Fairfield has implemented/“upgraded” to it’s properties is actually a downgrade and is much more time consuming, but is forced upon it’s employees in order to save Fairfield money.
Pros
Full time job
Cons
Management, Zero training for new hires
November 15, 2018

Thank you for your review. We are disappointed to hear about your experience and that your outlook on Fairfield has changed. Fairfield is committed to our associates and customers. Based on the constructive feedback from our team members, our senior leaders continue to strategize on process improvements and finding the best technology. With the truest of intentions, we are focused on improving not only how we operate and what’s best for our customers, but also how we can better support our teams. We would appreciate the opportunity to hear more from you as this will help us continue to improve. We encourage you to reach out by email at hr@ffres.com or call us at 1-866-887-3347, option 5.

An ok mgmt company to work for
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 6, 2018
Well I don't have many complaints about the company. I think they should expand more in Houston. If the property didn't selll the property probabIy would still be there.
Monthly party or Holiday recognition
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJuly 3, 2018
A typical day is busy, fast past and because of that time seems to fly by. A good thing, but when work become scarce so did the hours and what was once a full-time job became part-time. Management was good but can use a little improvement, but for the most part done their best to keep things afloat and make new comers feel comfortable.
August 29, 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to leave your review about Fairfield. Making our new associates feel comfortable and recognized is so very important. We greatly appreciate your hard work and dedication as a Housekeeper, as we understand how important and busy this role can be. We hope you can look to Fairfield Residential again, best of luck to you!

Worst place I've wroked yet
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 2, 2018
over priced apartments for location and what was inside the apartments. forced to move residents into units that weren't ready. manager micro managed everything. spread herself to thin then would blame the staff for her short comings. Very impersonal manager. came off as a robot most days, did not care for anyone else's opinions but her own. Has caused many people to quit. reports and complaints were sent to HR and never addressed. Would not recommend to anyone.
Pros
rent discount.
Cons
manager
August 29, 2018

We appreciate you leaving your review but we are disappointed to hear your experience was less than satisfactory. We work very hard to provide a great experience for all associates and are sorry to hear that we missed the mark with you. We encourage you to discuss with us directly. Please reach out to us by email at hr@ffres.com or call us at speak to us at 1-866-887-3347, option 5.

Great place to work care about the workers
Assistant Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 7, 2018
Management and staff work together. Train staff for the title to work professionally on the job. starting out in maintenance I learn to keep my personal feeling home and consider some one else concerns and needs. There was no hard part when you enjoy what you do. Most enjoyable is help people..
June 25, 2018

What a great review! Our residents and team members are benefiting from how much you enjoy your job and your desire to help others. Thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate you being a part of the Fairfield maintenance team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fairfield Residential. Our community is ready to answer.