Fairfield Residential Employee Reviews

Not Recommended
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Margate, FLJune 1, 2019
During my time with Fairfield Residential I found the Regional Management of South Florida to be of very low professional integrity. Gender based discrimination and favoritism went unchecked in the region during my time. I was regularly expected to work weekend hours in additional my Mon-Fri schedule in order to compensate for staffing shortages, and I was never compensated or allowed to take a day off during the week in return. In the end, after successfully leading my property through a substantial renovation process I was laid off in order to accommodate the Regional Manager's desire to work with another area Property Manager whose property had just sold. My Regional Manager was incapable of addressing my layoff in a genuine manner-she pointed to a non-existent seniority policy when advising me that I was being let go, in spite of the fact that no such policy exists within the company and in spite of the fact that even if such a policy had existed there were other area Property Managers who had less seniority than I.
Cons
low integrity, cliquish environment
fun staff
Property Manager (Lease Up-Property Sold (Former Employee) –  Chino Hills, CAMay 16, 2019
Great place and worked for them for 8.5 yrs. prior and was laid off in 2008. I love what I do so please call me for an interview. I look forward with hearing from you.
Pros
pay
Cons
training
My Experience was not good.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  USAApril 27, 2019
I loved this job, my residents and staff. I hate that Im leaving, but sometimes you can recognize the changes needed are just not going to happen. The lack of training and demanding deadlines are impossible and very stressful. Everythings crammed into goto meetings when you barely have the time or are constantly interrupted. So its like the blind leading the blind when training fellow coworkers. You become overwhelmed and pressured to complete work that you dont have time to finish. So you end up working 10-12 hour days or take your work home. Concerns are looked over and its a No Win situation so expressing your issues is a waste. I would love to stay but I hate to fail, cause thats exactly what It feels like a set up for failure. I recommend taking time and giving hands on training. Observe the management leadership skills and how they talk to and treat their employees, ask EACH employee how they feel. Listen to concerns and actually compromise for solutions not just shut them down. The HR dept should actually contact an employee that puts in a resignation notice, not just ask them to follow proper procedure and complete their resignation in workday. That just makes someone considering to stay more discouraged cause you havent even reached out to see if they would consider staying or hear the reason they are leaving. When you value your employees, have a good team and may be at risk of losing them communication is the key. I have never worked for a property management company that operates this way its very unorganized. But I dont believe its like this for everyone in the  more... company, I just know my experience has not been a good one. Thats why I decided to move on.  less
Pros
Worldwide company room to transfer and travel
Cons
No training, unorganized, no support, no communication, mamagement
May 29, 2019

Thank you for your review and comments. Fairfield understands the importance of learning and development. We have a comprehensive training program that includes a combination of recorded webinars, live webinars and in person training. We have also implemented a new Learning Management System. In addition, hours are set aside for training when the properties are not open to allow for no interruptions.

When submitting a resignation in Workday, an exit interview questionnaire is auto generated and sent to the associate who is resigning. We review these frequently and reach out for clarification or if there is need for further discussion. IF you have not already done so, we encourage you to complete the exit interview questionnaire, or contact us at HR@ffres.com or by phone at 866-887-3347; option 5

Worst Company Ever Worked For!
Leasing Specialist (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaApril 19, 2019
Worst Company Ever Worked for! Management not reliable.
They don't appreciate any commitment from employees. Training is horrible. The load of work is so much it's impossible to complete. Don't even consider working for this company
Pros
Non
Cons
Work environment horrible!
May 7, 2019

Thank you for your review. We're sorry to hear about your experience while working for our company. Through feedback like your's and through our recent engagement survey we realized we are behind on creating valuable training to our associates. We recently launched a new training platform and are continually striving to provide more resources for our associates. We also have our Management Training program and hope that this will help in the relationship between management and staff. If you have any additional comments to offer us we can be reached by email at HR@ffres.com or by phone at 866-887-3347; option 5

good
Property Management Accounting-Staff Accountant II (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 8, 2019
good company to work with, nice co-worker, room to grow. relax but intensively learning workplace. Good management team, nice perks and holiday package.
May 7, 2019

Thank you for being an important part of the Fairfield Difference! We appreciate your hard work and dedication.

great company
manager (Former Employee) –  Streetsboro, OHMarch 25, 2019
Wonderful company and region until the vp left and went elsewhere. Regional management is quite awesome. Living at one of their communities is fabulous as well
April 8, 2019

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed working for us and experiencing the Fairfield Difference at one of our properties. If you have any additional comments please don't hesitate to contact us at HR@ffres.com or by phone at 866-887-3347; option 5

Great Company
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  DC MetroMarch 23, 2019
I have worked for Fairfield for 6 years and have loved it! the company culture is great and they promote from within, so I was able to move up quickly.
May 7, 2019

Thank you for your review and comments. We are happy to hear that you have enjoyed working with us. If you have any additional comments we'd love to hear them. We can be contacted at HR@ffres.com or by phone at 866-887-3347; option 5

Large, structured company
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 22, 2019
Did not experience the corporate culture - there is a lack of mentorship that offers opportunity for growth within the company. There was a lack of support from management level to the onsite teams that makes it difficult to operate when challenged with extreme workload and lack of staffing. No sense of community between onsite and corporate teams.
April 8, 2019

Thank you for your review. Through feedback like your's and through our recent engagement survey we realized we are behind on creating valuable career paths and training to our associates. We recently launched a new training platform and are continually striving to provide more resources for our associates. If you have any additional comments to offer us we can be reached by email at HR@ffres.com or by phone at 866-887-3347; option 5

Professional work environment
Superintendent (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 8, 2019
Ive spent many years with this company, my co workers and even upper management are like family. Everyone takes pride in their work and it shows in every completed project.

Great Company
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 29, 2019
I loved working for Fairfield but the drive was just to far for me. Great team focus and wonderful support from corporate. I learned so much from working for this company.
Pros
Cons
Teamwork, benefits, wonderful support
May 7, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We're sorry the commute was too much, but are happy that you enjoyed being a part of the Fairfield Team.

ehh
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Odenton, MDJanuary 7, 2019
If they can find someone to do it for less and royally mess it up they will pass you over for promotion and then ask you to fix it all while they stay in their position. Happened to me numerous times over the years. They even have asked me to come back and fix the mess from who they promoted instead of me. seriously...yea right... If you aren't willing to eat and breathe this job you won't last and you will be overwhelmed trying to fit all of your responsibilities in a normal shift. It's experience.

Up side is you meet some amazing people.
Pros
you meet amazing people
Cons
passed up on promotions
January 12, 2019

We appreciate your honest review about your experience with us. We strive to provide opportunities for learning and growth for all associates and are sorry to hear that this was not your experience. We are always looking to improve and encourage you to discuss your concerns with us directly. You can reach us by email at hr@ffres.com, or to speak with us please call 1-866-887-3347, option 5.

It was fine
Assistant Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAJanuary 4, 2019
Work was typical. You show up and turn units. Prep paint. Perform maintenance. Every unit had its own challenges, so each unit was different when it came to how long it took to turn. Office staff were nice. Everybody was pretty much there to work. The only real challenge was being "on call." Living 20 minutes away, I was fortunate to receive only 1 late night emergency phone call in my time working there.
Pros
Fair salary
Cons
The work can be really filthy at times
January 12, 2019

Thank you for your review. Servicing units is a tough job, and we sympathize with the challenges that creates. Maintaining a safe, comfortable space for our tenants is an important part of the job and we appreciate all of your hard work to make sure the maintenance was done right.

good place to work
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJDecember 23, 2018
good place to work at they are OK with pay and time office just make sure you don't go over 30 per hour or corp office will find a way to let you go if your not upper management
Pros
good place to work
January 8, 2019

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you recommending Fairfield as a good place to work. Best of luck to you.

working for Fairfield Residential is just a Job and that is all
Assistant Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Kirkland, WANovember 5, 2018
This Company should not manage construction projects.
The Regional Manager visits once a month just to party and take the drinkers out. All of this money comes out of the project budget.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
None of their Managers have any Training
Productive and Educating Experience
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COOctober 14, 2018
Fairfield was a great place to work fast pace all while still being a relaxed environment, with a strong training department. Learning form this company never stops with is great, they are always improving systems and classes on how to reach prospective residents. Productive and Educating Experience
Pros
Training with clearity.
Cons
Lack of room for advancement in Denver.
Ok starting point
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Northern OhioOctober 11, 2018
My experience applies to norther Ohio.
Not enough professional, skilled property managers
IF you're lucky you have a good team, if not, FF will NOT fire slackers, incompetents etc. Takes MONTHS to fire those who should be cut free in weeks.
They do provide training for the basics, HVAC etc
Pros
Fair pay, training. Decent work environment.
Cons
Rare advancement, FF prefers to hire outsiders-Seen outsiders get hired over qualified regulars time, after time, after time
November 15, 2018

Thank you for leaving a review. We are glad to hear Fairfield offers a good training program, especially when it comes to property maintenance. As with the extremely tight job market, it’s important we offer the training necessary to those that are new to the industry and interested in building a new career with us. We are disappointed to hear about your experience otherwise. We would appreciate the opportunity to learn more of your experience directly, please reach out to us by email at hr@ffres.com or call us at 1-866-887-3347, option 5.

You're experience will depend heavely on the property.
Leasing Administrator (Current Employee) –  MichiganOctober 7, 2018
From what I can tell the company itself has an relaxed culture, and is compensates its employees well, for the not all that burdensome work that you do. Depending on the quality of your property and its management however your experience can be very different. The offices are small, meaning you will only be working with about 5-6 other staff members on any given day. If this small bunch of people are mismanaged, or guided then your days will be long.
December 19, 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us your review. Your feedback is helpful, as this will help us continue to improve. We encourage you reach out to us and provide us with the opportunity to learn more about your experience directly. Please contact us at HR@ffres.com or by phone, 1-866- 887-3347, option 5

No longer a customer friendly company
Employee (Current Employee) –  USAOctober 7, 2018
Fairfield took a complete turn for the worst from being an all about the customer service to a corporate mind set despite the Fairfield slogan being “Experience the Fairfield Difference.”
All long term employees who have worked over 10 years are getting laid off/let go for new hires to save money due to being salary capped in their positions.
No longer about what you know. Instead, it’s who you know.
The software that Fairfield has implemented/“upgraded” to it’s properties is actually a downgrade and is much more time consuming, but is forced upon it’s employees in order to save Fairfield money.
Pros
Full time job
Cons
Management, Zero training for new hires
November 15, 2018

Thank you for your review. We are disappointed to hear about your experience and that your outlook on Fairfield has changed. Fairfield is committed to our associates and customers. Based on the constructive feedback from our team members, our senior leaders continue to strategize on process improvements and finding the best technology. With the truest of intentions, we are focused on improving not only how we operate and what’s best for our customers, but also how we can better support our teams. We would appreciate the opportunity to hear more from you as this will help us continue to improve. We encourage you to reach out by email at hr@ffres.com or call us at 1-866-887-3347, option 5.

An ok mgmt company to work for
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 6, 2018
Well I don't have many complaints about the company. I think they should expand more in Houston. If the property didn't selll the property probabIy would still be there.
If you can keep up with Fairfield you can work anywhere.
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Chester, VAJuly 17, 2018
Super fast pace, lots of paperwork, but a good place to work. I learned a lot about industry. I have enjoyed working there and the people. I enjoy working with people and this gave me a chance.
August 29, 2018

Thanks so much for the review. We are pleased to hear Fairfield is giving you the opportunity to learn about the property management industry and that you are enjoying your experience as an Assistant Property Manager. Thank you for all that you do!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fairfield Residential. Our community is ready to answer.