Fairfield Residential Employee Reviews

A typical day at work
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDMay 12, 2017
Oversaw Home Warranty process to ensure multiple builders were in compliance with the National Builders Association guidelines

Performed inspections with homeowners to communicate with the builders to resolve warrantable concerns

Manage and perform new home orientations with new home buyers educating them with warranty coverage

Performed punch out for new construction of single family homes, townhomes, apartments and condos for multiple builders prior to homeowner purchase
Rehab/Redev crew (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZMarch 23, 2017
Busy day and mostly worked by myself. I learned more about residential repairs and maintenance that will help out in my next homeownership. This will help save money for the future.
Amazing work enviroment
Sr. Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MD 20904March 14, 2017
A typical day often consists of maintaining an environment that is a pleasant experience for residents by managing many employees simultaneously. Work begins fairly early in the morning, often before the office opens, and an 8- to 10-hour workday begins.
AMAZING Company and Great Opportunities
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 28, 2017
Loved working for Fairfield, the company is willing to help train you and make sure that you grow. Benefits are great. The company really does care about their residents and the properties they own. I've never been to a property that wasn't immaculate. The only issues I have are with the way Management/HR handle issues or complaints. There were also quite a few times they'd go against "The Fairfield Way" and it made it very confusing for the staff to know what to do in certain situations due to not being consistent. Finally, upper management was very political. If you weren't apart of a certain click within the company you were bullied and eventually pushed out.
Pros
Amazing opportunities to travel and move up within the company, Benefits are great, A lot of fun to work for
Cons
Very political, HR isn't on your side when it comes to complaints or issues, Management gossips to employees and residents
Still working for company
Assistant Manager / Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDFebruary 27, 2017
Just transferred with this company and am still working with them. different position and different type of property.
Busy Environment
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 23, 2017
I think working for Fairfield was a good learning experience. The company it self has good people that work within the company. I will be forever grateful for the opportunity to work with Fairfield.
Flexible schedule and good promotional opportunities
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAFebruary 17, 2017
Fairfield does not offer the best benefits or the highest compensation in the industry; however, the company is well-managed, scheduling is generally flexible, and there are many promotion opportunities once you get into the company.
A great place to work.
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VAFebruary 8, 2017
A short timmer 1 year (relocated) however in that year I learned so much. The training was amazing it never stoped.

As long as you did what was needed and expected all went well. Expectaions were high but then mine where high as well so it was a good connect between us both.

Never a typical day busy all the time which I loved.
Pros
Exceptional Training
Stable company to work for
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 9, 2017
Fairfield is a large stable company to work for. The work environment is casual, but very deadline driven. There is good opportunity for growth.
Easy going Job with benefits
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Exton, PAJanuary 8, 2017
Enjoyed being a night auditor, the hardest part was making the switch to the hours they were asking for. typical day was slow due to the hours. the most enjoyable part of the job was the leniency. co workers were great and nice, management was okay.
Pros
leniency
Cons
Shift
Good company to work for overall
Service Technician/Porter (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 21, 2016
I had a good experience with this company. Was with them 1-2 years. Pretty good people. They invest in their employees by sending you to get other certifications that benefit you in the long run.
Pros
Pay, Fine Leasing agents, fast golf carts, bonuses
Cons
paid bi weekly, on call
A great experience on learning and training on site or offsite.
Porter/Groundskeeper Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Davis, CADecember 10, 2016
I had a wonderful 3 years 6 months learning and knowing how to fix issues,resolve issues,and a great supervisor who was willing to teach me the correct right way on making all residents and staff members happy on techniques on how to fix everything when needed or being on call as necessary as well,also getting work orders down to a low count and accomplishing other tasks that needed to get done annually.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Great Co-workers
Leasing Consultant/Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Davis, CAAugust 13, 2016
Corporate and on-site manager are great and know how to recognize employee efforts. There was never a feeling of being over pressured to perform well and other employees are very supportive.
Big Company
Accountant II- Cash Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 7, 2016
Fairfield Residential LLC is a big company in San Diego, CA.
Met some really fine people during employment.
Fun work enivronment
Housekeeping, Front Desk, Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 17, 2016
The environment was always good, I worked with great people from the staff, to the guest that came in.
Wonder Full Company
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDMay 31, 2016
I've worked for this company of 10 years. This was the property I worked for that is a Tax Credit Property. It was very challenging working for this property. No knowing anything about Tax Credit. In the end I conquered it with flying colors. A typical day was a very busy day. I Asst. over 450 units. With a large diversity of people and different programs. Here I also learned a great deal of patients. The office staff worded as a team. The hardiest part of this job was having to leave. I 100% enjoyed working with everyone there.
The Fairfield "Difference"
Unknown (Current Employee) –  UnknownMay 18, 2016
I don't know exactly what makes Fairfield different (in a good way) from other companies. There is little-to-no room for advancement and management clearly doesn't care enough to see that an employee isn't completing their job as defined in the job description. The pay is NOT competitive by any means, but it is a paycheck at least, which is more than what some people get.
Pros
I haven't found any..
Cons
Poor management, VERY low pay for expected amount of work, no room for advancement
Good company to work for
Assistant Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 17, 2016
Fairfield takes care of its people. Never had an issue with upper management. Training was clear and concise. Very organised.
Wonderful Company to work for
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 30, 2016
I love Fairfield residential! Little room for advancement. Great work life balance, and they really care about their employees.
Great Place to work
Assistant Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia ScApril 24, 2016
Loved working here. Training and support was excellent. The day to day work was really smooth if you have a system. Fairfield does require a lot of paperwork but most employers do these days. The leasing and renewal commissions were very good.
Pros
Benefits and training
Cons
Yardi

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fairfield Residential. Our community is ready to answer.