Fairfield University Employee Reviews

Fairfield University
Faculty Member (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CTJanuary 23, 2019
The people are nice, and the pay is very low.

You trade off having no money for free tuition (if you are Full time only)

If you are not Full Time, it is not worth working here.
Pros
Free tuition if you are full time
Cons
Low pay, lousy benefits
Best Place to Teach
Arabic Teacher (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutJanuary 21, 2019
Excellent possibilities that help any teacher to innovate and succeed. They offer the teacher everything needed and you have all the freedom to manage your class and design your lessons.
I Love Fairfield University
Civic Engagement volunteer work (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CTDecember 29, 2018
Great campus community and staff. The professors care deeply about the students and it is wonderful having Jesuits around for a great influential guidance.
Pros
Cons
Would like more campus diversity
Productive, highly educated colleagues
Clinical Nursing Professor (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CTOctober 19, 2018
Educated colleagues, motivated and gifted students. Great facilities and up-to-date laboratories. Nursing school highly rated and rightfully so. Proud to be a stag!
Friendly people, comfortable surroundings
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CTOctober 2, 2018
Very busy during school year, less during summer. Education is very important, parents and students alike. Management is active. Workplace team oriented and friendly.
Pros
Free tuition for children of employees, and employees. Excellent benefits.
Cons
Lower wages
Nothing like seeing young people grow and mature
Assistant Director of Public Safety (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutSeptember 2, 2018
The position has challenges in that policy enforcement is often against paying customers. Greatest challenges are associated with that in mind. The position is about maintaining the peace and making one person happy upsets another. You will learn customer service skills, report writing becomes an art form and risk management is a daily chore. It is a fast passed 24 hour a day operation in which everyone wants to do as they please without regard to rules and regulations. The position is not all doom and gloom. There are way more positives than negatives such as opportunities to attend functions, sporting events, etc... Staff tend to be great and nothing is more rewarding them helping a young student and watching them mature over the years and graduate with a all the excitement they can muster.
I loved working at Fairfield
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CTJune 24, 2018
A typical day consisted of swimmers rolling through to the pool. I learned how to manage with older swimmers who were often angry with the pool schedule. Workplace culture was awesome all the lifeguards had a very close bond.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Great Experience
Athletic Communications Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CTJune 19, 2018
The management was very understanding and helpful in pushing me along in my career. I developed relationships and mentorships that will help me for a lifetime.
good
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  CTMay 22, 2018
Its really awesome to work there with supporting faculty and team members nice . Can find an opportunity to improve your skill set . with good library and sports
Productive and well-paced environment
Chemistry Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CTMay 18, 2018
I loved working with and helping my supervisor in the lab stockroom. I also enjoyed conversing with students about their labs, beyond the scope of my job. They saw me as a "go-to" person in that case.
Pros
Some down-time to study
Cons
Issues that couldn't be resolved ideally (running out of a chemical)

Want to know more about Fairfield University?

Ask a question
Ra
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  On CampusApril 9, 2018
Being an RA was awesome. It's a lot of work, so it's only recommended for those who are already motivated, but it is a good job. If you need help paying for college, do it.
Great positions provided for students
Cataloging Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CTApril 7, 2018
Steady flow of work. Plenty to do. Allowed to work independently or collaboratively. Relaxed environment. Great people to work with. Nothing insanely difficult for a full-time student.
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Shelton, CTMarch 26, 2018
Great place to work; people are friendly and helpful, and I have had many good experiences there with both faculty and staff. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with my students.
Fun place to work
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CTFebruary 15, 2018
I manage all international students and transfer students' on boarding and transition services. I also work with many campus partners to support those students.
The workplace culture is great, we are all helping each others. The most enjoyable part of the job is to oversee a group of student ambassadors. I hire, train, and educate them about onboarding and transition student services.
Supportive learning and working environment
International Business & Studies Club, President (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CTJanuary 30, 2018
Grateful to have worked as an intern at the Dean of Students office. It was a great learning experience to work with supportive and talented supervisors, whom all made sure the student experience was a success.
Never Again
University Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CTJanuary 21, 2018
The Store manager there is not the best in the world. She doesn't know what she is doing. she put all of her responsibilities ie: the schedule, employee issues, on the assistant manager. She does not have a friendly demeanor and you can not come to her when you have a problem.
Pros
work/life balance, discounts
Cons
managment
calm
Library Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CTNovember 20, 2017
Working in the Fairfield University library to purge journals and other publications based on a given list is relaxing and rewarding because it's a calm environment and you also get to organize microfiche.
Agreat job for supplemental income.
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CTNovember 5, 2017
I teach one course in the fall and two courses in the spring.. Both course meet on the same day so that I only travel to Fairfield once per week. I enjoy working with young undergrads and graduate students.
Pros
Lots of fun
Cons
Adjuncts don't get paid a lot and there are no other benefits
normally a fun place to work, we all try to help one another and get along as a team
Server/Caterer (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CTOctober 17, 2017
our work place can get hectic at times when its very busy but we maintain the flow of things to make sure every event is run smoothly and transitioned into what we call a great event.
Pros
free lunch and a pay raise every year
Cons
may not recieve a break if its very busy, or may stand outside for events
Average place to work.
Operations Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CTOctober 16, 2017
My past work experiences, and my work place preference in other companies was focused, deadline driven in a professional environment. This was exactly the work atmosphere in the Dean's office at Fairfield University.