Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews

Found 505 reviews matching the search See all 1,530 reviews
Racism
Kitchen Steward (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WAJuly 11, 2019
Worked here for 2 half years. Put a fat lobby girl stawarding manager. Because my supervisor had neck surgery. Her in manager in HR team up on me on some overly abused power ego authorities in fired me. Count less Hard working nights and busting hurting my hands washing Thousand of pots and pans and dishwasher. It’s wasent worth it they don’t appreciate anything
Great hotel
Banquet server (Current Employee) –  Del Mar, CAJuly 9, 2019
Great place to have any meeting or celebration for any occasion for weddings birthdays rehearsals all kinds of meetings all year around great staff to serve any event
Fairly
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 6, 2019
Knowing I can help turn moments into memories for someone made me look forward going to work everyday and putting my own personal touches combine with there needs as well
excellent place to work
Spa Attendant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 3, 2019
This is an excellent place to work. I wish I could have stayed forever. I appreciate the opportunity so much but I was dealing with personal issues in my home life that prevented me from being what i needed to be for the Fairmont Hotel. I would certainly work there again if an opportunity presented itself.
Productive and fast paced workplace
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 24, 2019
Great place to work for the summer. I saved alot of money for school in the fall. The friends I made while working made the long days fun. Made the summer more memorable.
lugar placentero
housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 22, 2019
un dia tipico mucha actividad aprendiendo cosas nuevass huespedes amables una admisnistracion muy completa muy buena comunicacion entre gerente y housekeeping la parte mas dificil para mi fue el idioma pero con la ayuda de mi mi manager lo logre.
Pros
comida disponible muchas cosas diferentes
Cons
ninguna
hard work
Room Attendant/Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Lake Louise, AKJune 21, 2019
Need an independent heart
The hardest part of the job
There are two different workplaces, no enough training to learn everything in two days training lessons
Amazing environment to work in, lovely and encouraging people.
Fairmont Gold Attendant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 17, 2019
Working at the Fairmont Austin was such an experience. It truly taught me the values of a healthily work environment. The work and dedication they put into a satisfying stay for their guests is phenomenal. With such a great leading staff and delightful employees I truly enjoyed working there.
Very poor management
Steward (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 16, 2019
You really wonder what these people say in interviews to get their position. Completely inexperienced management and silly classes to take with an overwhelming turn over.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Started my culinary career here
Cook 2 (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJune 15, 2019
Started my culinary career here, I was offered a cafeteria cook position with the Fairmont Hotel from there I moved around from banquet and Garde Manger then being promoted to pantry. Management was good they stayed on top of their duties and guided employee's with answers to question's.
Excellent
Laundry porter (Former Employee) –  St. AndrewsJune 6, 2019
This is a good place to improve on your carrier, first , you will be trained before you start job properly, constant training, over time benefits and staff welfare on the top notch.
Pros
Free launch and transport.
Cons
Short break
Fun upbeat environment with a high level of professionalism
Assistant Food and Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 31, 2019
Working at The Fairmont Grand Del Mar taught me how to perform at a level of customer service in which I had never experienced before. Fairmont hotels really strive to give their guest the best experience possible and they realize the need of high quality colleagues to meet those standards
Pros
free lunches, great benefits
Production appreciate
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 30, 2019
Its excellent hotel to work I like have opportunities again suppose is in Orlando Florida .the manager is poor sleep in the room and the general manager take he
Pros
Free food
Cons
Extremely fast paced work environment
Rooms Inventory Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 27, 2019
After working for Fairmont Scottsdale for more than 4 years I know that it is an extremely fast paced work environment with little downtime if any.

The colleagues that work at the resort are wonderful and for the most part everybody tries to strive to a common goal. Due to the nature of hospitality as well as the major events that are put on at the property, there is a high level of daily stress involved that each person needs to find a way of coping with as it is an extremely high volume property.
Fun place to work
Royal Service Agent (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 25, 2019
I loved working at the Fairmont san jose lot . I wish i could continue working more years . But i have no choice but to take care of my precious little daughter. I love the work culture and management there . As for me they been very helpful in every thing came along my way.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
love the culture and standards
Chef de Partie (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 23, 2019
Great place to work very great culture and standards nothing but the best very clean organized and always on their A game, super busy fast paced and great leaders!
Not the best for career advancement
Fairmont Gold Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 18, 2019
I started off in my position a bit lost. I had a great manager who threw me into the deep end and forced me to grow and learn how to be a professional. Past that, I didn't get a chance to grow managerially.
Sonoma Mission Inn and Spa
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Sonoma, CAMay 18, 2019
Nestled in the heart of the famed Sonoma Valley, Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa is Wine Country’s finest destination resort. The resort provides guests with exceptional spa services, a Michelin-rated restaurant, access to championship golf at neighboring Sonoma Golf Club and numerous complimentary fitness and wellness offerings including daily docent-led hikes, yoga and fitness classes. Located just an hour north of San Francisco, the resort has been catering to discerning travelers for decades.
Great company
FAIRMONT GOLD SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 12, 2019
I would work for this company again. They are very responsive and hold a high expectation for each and every employee. Great place to work. Great location.
Stressful like any other banquet department.
Banquets setup (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 8, 2019
Big and beautiful property, you can stay here for days and never get bored since there is a lot of things to do, restaurants are great. Lot of cool people from the restaurant , public area , pool staff etc.
Security guys act like they work for the secret service.
Banquets department director is a great guy.
But when it comes to the people below him , things are way different. In the banquets setup area managers are careless for you and supervisors are rude like they came from Irak war. Yelling at you all the time! Calling you names, treating you like a slayer, Some of them has low or no experience as a leaders and know nothing about how to treat their coworkers , get ready to get told that you work too slow , that when you sign for the job you accept to work 12+hrs , don’t go to the bathroom till your break time (you gonna get in trouble ) If you don’t speaks Spanish get ready to learn cause English is not the main language there. A lot of misunderstanding do to this. Never complaint about your supervisor with anybody other then HR staff, you gonna loose your time and get faces and maybe a writing up out of nowhere. If you have no experience on banquets don’t expect them to show you , you have to learn things on your own. Pre-shift are basically “hi , thanks for your hard work (careless face) , here’s the beo go and do it” if you speak Spanish you might get some more info like ESTAMOS Ocupados hoy , Arre and some wack slangs.
Don’t complain about not understanding the bad English you gonna get in trouble.
Don’t claim your supervisor about anything even tho you
  more... know it have been done wrong.
Anyways i still recommend this place to work but stay away from banquets setup department.
Pros
Beautiful resort
Cons
Leaders need training (banquets)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight