Fairmont Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Sad
Chief Nursing Officer (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WVJuly 16, 2018
No compassion for staff or patients. Needs an entire redo from Management Facilities and Attitude. Avoid any employment and any Health Care needs.
the ppl that work there are great but the management and ppl in the payroll office dont know what they are doing
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WVJuly 15, 2018
The people that work that are great to work with but upper management and the owner of it don't know what they are doing one fires people for something they have no control over and did inform their supervisor of the action and nothing was done for year and half them to fire someone who went through proper channels is wrong and them the ceo doesn't know what happened
Pros
the other employees
Cons
not enough pay to much drama from management
Okay place to work
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Fairmont, WVApril 23, 2018
FRMC is a good place to get your foot in the door. However, there is little room for advancement. The benefits are good, but salary is low. Management is poor, and there is a lack of proper training.
Pros
Insurance, great co-workers
Cons
Poor training, low salary for expected duties
prefer not to answer
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fairmont, WVFebruary 11, 2018
Prefer not to answer. The hardest part of the job is dealing with no staff, there is no end in sight. They like to keep us at bare minimum. They work us hard!
A Community Hospital focused on service
Director of Community Relations (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WVDecember 11, 2017
I loved working at Fairmont Regional Medical Center and previously at Fairmont General Hospital. The people, patients and the community are great. For people who don't care to actually do work, it is a great environment with plenty of room for growth and advancement. Don't be afraid to give this employer a chance and ignore the negative naysayers.
Pros
great co-workers, benefits; team environment
Poor Place To Work
Patient Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WVNovember 20, 2017
Fairmont Regional Medical Center was a place where you came into work everyday and never knew if you was going to have a job that day or not. Management lies to get you in trouble and tries to get you fired. CNA turn over rate extremely high. Poor atmosphere to work in. The worst place I worked in my career history.
Pros
Made good friends
Cons
Stressful, Discrimination, Management Lies to get you in trouble.
Excelent Work PLace
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WVSeptember 11, 2017
Everyone there is amazing, they have no problem helping each other. I loved going to work every day that I was scheduled in for, and I always wanted to do over time.
Professional
Emergency Room Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fairmont Regional Medical centerJuly 20, 2017
Able to work independently with minimal supervision. In work with a great group of very intelligent and caring physicians in our Emergency Room and supportive staff.
Many long term staff who fully support our facility
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  OncologyMay 23, 2017
We have a wonderful family of workers here, some of whom have been here for over 30-40 years. We are all striving to maintain our small community hospital which has now been purchased by another company. We continue our dedication to the community we serve and are always looking for ways to improve care.
Pros
Excellent pay, flexible hours, wonderful staff
Cons
Negative false publicity in the community
Community hopsital with close-knit relationships and community values
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fairmont, WVMay 23, 2017
FRMC is going through a lot of changes at the moment and there is wonderful opportunity to impact the organization in a positive way. I've worked here for five years and been afforded great opportunities to grow both personally and professionally. Though we are by no means perfect, we employ some of the greatest staff in the area who are committed to providing excellent care to our community. If you are a positive person that looks at the glass half full, you have a real opportunity to make a difference here. Unlike larger healthcare settings, FRMC is a family. I would encourage anyone who isn't afraid to "roll their sleeves up and get a little dirty" to be apart of the exciting changes within our organization.
Pros
Affordable health insurance, close-knit relationships, opportunities for growth
Cons
older facility
I volunteered
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WVMay 5, 2017
The atmosphere seemed like a good place. Most of the nurses seemed friendly. The doctors were rude and relied on the nurses for more than they should have. The management was terrible.
Great people and like working with family
Director of Med/Surg, Telemetry and Oncology (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WVMarch 14, 2017
FRMC was a great place to work! The staff really make a difference in patients' lives everyday and work very well together. It's a small community hospital that the town needs.
Sadly outdated in management and equipment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WVMarch 10, 2017
Totally out of touch with 2017, managemenT and equipment from 1950s. Sad for the community to watch the decline in needed services. Go elsewhere....fast.
Pros
None.
Cons
HR is nasty to everyone!!!
workplace is quiet
Medical Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Fairmont, WVDecember 19, 2016
need to improve on nursing staffs. it a small environment and quiet. they also need to improve on the food in the cafeteria.
team work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fairmont, WVNovember 21, 2016
certain units and team members work well together. a typical day is usually very busy and hectic. hardest part of the job is outdated equipment and computer systems
Pros
pay rate
Cons
usually no time for lunch breaks
productive excellant skilled skilled staff in Surgical Units
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Fairmont, WVAugust 1, 2015
Enjoy working with patients and co-workers.like having day shift with weekends off but very tired from early shifts,have to wake up at 3am
Pros
staff like family
Cons
start day too early