Fairmont Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Was not a good place to work.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WV 26554July 10, 2019
A typical day of work involved responding to multiple calls from the psych floor about staff needing assistance from security to calm down or restrain patients. Management was horrible both in the security dept and throughout the hospital. The only enjoyable part of the job was being able to walk around from time to time and not sitting behind a desk all day.
Incredibly Unorganized
Clinical Dietitian (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WVJune 29, 2019
This organization is among many that send money up to corporate and watch it trickle back down. There is no assistance from corporate. As a dietitian I watched as a dish washer was broken for an entire year without ever being repaired. That is just one example. They low-ball salaries and the only reason there is opportunity for advancement is because so many people quit. FRMC is the most toxic environment I have ever been a part of.
They don’t care about there staff.
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WVJune 4, 2019
It was a super place at one time. Most of the employees still are top notch. The managers however are not kind, compassionate or caring. All they care about is being at there table for Linch. I have worked with no breaks and patients busting at the seams and run to get food and every manager sitting in lunch room having a good ole time. They pass you in the halls and don’t bother to speak but, sure have enough to say behind your back. I have never had a manager behave so inappropriately and unprofessional. They tell other staff your personal business. There are a few good ones don’t get me wrong but, the higher ups believe what there managers tell them. An why wouldn’t they they got no idea. You can call them for help when your drowning and if your lucky enough to get them to answer they tell you no. There is absolutely no leadership and I wouldn’t want to follow the leaders they have chosen anyway. Most of them don’t even love in this town so why would they care.
What part is higher you go less they care when you try to use the chain of command they don’t want to hear it. Instead of listening and learning from there employees they defend the ones that need to be gone.
Pros
It was close to home.
Cons
you are beaten down by lack of staff, mandarin, bad managers, lack of enthusiasm, lack of trust and confidence..
Well organized and professional workplace
STUDENT CLINICAL PRACTICUM (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WVMay 14, 2019
All employees are well organized and polite. There are ups and downs no matter what facility one is established at. However, I noticed that every employee I shadowed seemed to be well educated and enjoy their jobs.
I would not recommend it unless you like to be tortured mentally, physically, and emotionally.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fairmont, WVMay 8, 2019
The only thing that is positive it that the house supervisors give a meal ticket for the “CRAPeteria” that has to be used within 24 hours of your mandation...this is hard to utilize when you don’t have coverage to go to the lunch room or have break during your 12 hour shift!! It’s ridiculous and management does not care!!
Pros
Competitive hourly wages
Cons
Mandation, management is horrible, short staffing, and you always feel your license is always at risk
Great Community Hospital
NA (Current Employee) –  Fairmont, WVApril 9, 2019
The positions at the hospital are very fast paced. Depending on the department you are always busy. The employees are great and really care about their patients.
Not the best place but not the worst
LPN (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WVApril 4, 2019
I loved working with my patients and co workers but too many politics at the time I left. They have a tendency to keep workers that do not work and let go of the ones that do work.
Decent place
Stock/Janitor for Nutrition Services (Current Employee) –  Fairmont, WVNovember 4, 2018
The hospital is a good place for either a stepping stone or to stay and retire at if you so choose. There are many different types of jobs to choose from as well
Frmc
Release of Information Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fairmont, WVOctober 29, 2018
I've worked here for 2+ years and love it. The management is so nice, benefits are great, and the PTO you can't beat. I do not plan to leave, they treat me up the upmost respect daily and is an overall great company to work for.
I was able to represent as a team leader
RN, BSN (Current Employee) –  Fairmont, WVOctober 23, 2018
I was given many opportunities to learn and grow at FRMC. I mentored many new team members and was able to effectively use communication and collaborations skills often.
Pros
Healthcare, tuition reimbursement
Cons
Nursing shortage
Fairmont Regional Medical Center
REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WVSeptember 11, 2018
I enjoyed working for FRMC, the company helped me to grow personally and professionally. In a typical day I would do new patient intakes, medication pass, helped manage other staff members and delegated appropriate tasks, gave report to physicians and other nursing staff, and helped with any other tasks as needed.
Pros
Great learning opportunities
Very Nice
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WVSeptember 3, 2018
Very nice hospital, great staff to work with, nice benefits. Very nice place overall to work, they are very easy to get along with and the pay is decent for the work.
Stressful environment
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WVAugust 29, 2018
Very stressful and management doesn't know how to manage properly. They require far too much for any one person at a low pay. You are not trained properly and you don't receive help from management.
Benefits
Cons
They make you cash in PTO time for holidays they are not open for.
Decent company to work for
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Fairmont, WVAugust 17, 2018
I’ve been employed with the company for 8 yrs and enjoyed coming to work until things started to change in Depts and management. Had opportunities to get training in my field of work or get other training classes for jobs that I wasn’t very fluent in.
Pros
Very decent benefits
Cons
Lack of communication between employees and management
Great work environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WVAugust 14, 2018
Fairmont Regional Medical Center in Fairmont, WV is dedicated to having and keeping the best providers available for their patients in all departments.
Stressful environment
Account / Patient Representative (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WVJuly 26, 2018
I enjoyed the work I performed. However lots of issues with Management and structure. Was mandated several times for overtime with lots of duties added and pay did not compensate.
Sad
Chief Nursing Officer (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WVJuly 16, 2018
No compassion for staff or patients. Needs an entire redo from Management Facilities and Attitude. Avoid any employment and any Health Care needs.
the ppl that work there are great but the management and ppl in the payroll office dont know what they are doing
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WVJuly 15, 2018
The people that work that are great to work with but upper management and the owner of it don't know what they are doing one fires people for something they have no control over and did inform their supervisor of the action and nothing was done for year and half them to fire someone who went through proper channels is wrong and them the ceo doesn't know what happened
Pros
the other employees
Cons
not enough pay to much drama from management
Working
Family Nurse Practitioner-Hospitalist (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WVMay 12, 2018
As an employee, I was forced to work 12 hrs and be mandated frequently for 16. As an FNP, I worked to death. Almost 80 hours a week, without extra compensation. I was paid more, but exhausted. Money isn't everything and I did not have a chance to spend time on school or with my family.
Pros
Money rate, Learning, autonomy
Cons
Too many hours, No attending available, only by phone.
Okay place to work
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Fairmont, WVApril 23, 2018
FRMC is a good place to get your foot in the door. However, there is little room for advancement. The benefits are good, but salary is low. Management is poor, and there is a lack of proper training.
Pros
Insurance, great co-workers
Cons
Poor training, low salary for expected duties

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fairmont Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Fairmont Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location