Fairmont State University Employee Reviews

Productive and fun work place
INTRAMURAL STAFF (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WVApril 24, 2019
Working at Fairmont States as a intramural staff consist of going in and setting up activities for students and faculty. Refereeing games and activities.
boring
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WVApril 17, 2019
Didn't work here for that long .. not much goes on so its pretty boring if you like to stay busy, Not a huge university either so theres not many students
Would Recommend
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fairmont, WVApril 12, 2019
I enjoy working as a Resident Assistant at Fairmont State University. I learned how to communicate professionally. I also learned how to work as a team.
Pros
Great Collegues
Cons
Working some weekends
Community Feel
Marketing Intern (Current Employee) –  Fairmont, WV 26554April 7, 2019
I honestly loved working for Fairmont State. Everyone there is so kind and helpful. I learned a lot in my position and was very grateful for the opportunity.
Great
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WVMarch 22, 2019
Great place to work. There is a lot of nepotism and favoritism that goes on there, however if you know your around and know people in right places, you can reach places.
Great environment
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WVJanuary 30, 2019
FSU is a great place to work when you have children to raise and a lot of activities on your plate. It is fun and gets you around people who desire to learn.
Productive and fun
Student Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WVNovember 14, 2018
Was quick paced but reasonable. Coworkers and manager were nice. Easy and good first job. Workplace has a steady flow and good breaks. Would definitely recommend for first time jobs.
Pros
Good breaks
challenging and rewarding
Teaching Assistant and Student Tutor (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WVNovember 5, 2018
As a student peer mentor, teaching assistant, tutor, and department ambassador, I assisted in recruiting new students, proctoring exams, prepping for exams, and explaining new material to students in the behavioral sciences programs.
Head Softball Coach (Current Employee) –  Fairmont West VirginiaAugust 12, 2018
Great Experience with hard working people that support each other to the best of their abilities. The newly hired president is goal driven and will raise the level of competition within the University to demonstrate a brand that people will appreciate.
Pros
Good Conference, Good fringe benefits, Good working environment
Cons
athletic facilities are dated
Orientation Leader
Orientation Leader (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WVAugust 5, 2018
assisted student's registration and preparation of orientation activities and materials. and Acquainted new incoming students with campus services and building location
Great Place
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WVJuly 15, 2018
I enjoyed working here a lot. The staff is great and so was the management team. The only thing that I was not satisfied about at this job was the pay.
Mascot
Intramurals Referee (Current Employee) –  Fairmont, WVJuly 14, 2018
It was a fun job that let me travel for free. I was able to be a character and bring energy to games. My boss was very reasonable and always was there to lend a hand if needed. I can't complain about the job.
Good job
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WVJuly 13, 2018
It was a good job, I enjoyed working with the people I worked with, it was only temporary for me but I still enjoyed coming to work, only downfall is working night shift
Pros
Laid back
Cons
Night shift
This was a temporary job, yet it was the worst experience ever.
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WVJuly 11, 2018
A typical day at work was me being cussed at by the students. I learned that Fairmont State is a hard place to work when there are students involved. The management wasn't helpful at all, I got yelled at more that I got encouraged on how I was doing my job. The hardest part of the job was the hours. They expected me and my co-workers to pick up the slack and work extra hours and not get paid for other employees who didn't show up.
University was a good place to teach.
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WV 26554June 17, 2018
The most enjoyable part of teaching for me has always been the students. With interaction with the students I learned something new all the time. Generally interaction with management was positive especially within the department I was under.
Pros
N/a pt
Cons
N/a pt
I loved my time there; I felt fully aligned with mission and the community of faculty, staff, students, and alumni
Interim President and CEO (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WVJune 4, 2018
A great culture and place to work. A wonderful location. A worthy cause and mission -- purpose-driven; passion-fueled, and results-oriented. Fabulous people.
Pros
A beautiful campus with great facilities
Cons
Can't think of any
Student Peer Mentor was an honor
Student Peer Mentor (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WVJune 4, 2018
I was only a student employee so the actual admin didn't correspond much with me. The job was to interact and to help other new students get accustomed to University life.
Pros
Relaxed conditions
Cons
Too relaxed
this is not a job
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WVMay 16, 2018
i dont know what it is making me fill out this review, this was a college not a job, but it will not let me apply for a job unless i do this. sorry to anyone reading
University
Assistant Professor of Nursing-Tenure Track (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WVMay 12, 2018
I really enjoyed being an Assistant Professor of nursing. I had a good rapport with the students, as well as the staff. I had the pleasure of teaching in the Adult Health and Fundamentals courses, as well as critical care. I also taught and coordinated Pharmacology I, II, and III. I attended committee meetings for the school of nursing, as well as the university.
Pros
Enjoyment, own office space, staff, didactic teaching, Pharm coordination
Cons
low pay, dramatic atmosphere at times.
Collegial Work Environment
Associate Professor (Current Employee) –  Fairmont, WVMay 3, 2018
I love working at Fairmont State University. My colleagues are knowledgeable and friendly. The students are motivated and engaged in learning and the campus is beautiful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fairmont State University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3