Fairmont State University Employee Review

View all Fairmont State University reviews

Employment at Fairmont State
Apartment Manager (Current Employee) –  Fairmont, WVMarch 13, 2014
The typical day at Fairmont State consists of checking email, answering phones, speaking with customers (on campus students), coordinating office operations, and managing my staff. The work environment is casual and customer focused. The most challenging part of the job for live in professionals is the separation of work and personal lives. I live in the facility I manage and my office is twenty steps from my front door. While this is challenging at times it also allows me to connect to my other live in staff and students in a non traditional way. This is also the best part of the job because I get to see the impact we have on our students. I enjoy working with most of coworkers and the management structure is flexible. While the management style is not my own technique, it is appropriate for our work environment.

Other Fairmont State University Employee Reviews

this is not a job
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WVMay 16, 2018
i dont know what it is making me fill out this review, this was a college not a job, but it will not let me apply for a job unless i do this. sorry to anyone reading
University
Assistant Professor of Nursing-Tenure Track (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WVMay 12, 2018
I really enjoyed being an Assistant Professor of nursing. I had a good rapport with the students, as well as the staff. I had the pleasure of teaching in the Adult Health and Fundamentals courses, as well as critical care. I also taught and coordinated Pharmacology I, II, and III. I attended committee meetings for the school of nursing, as well as the university.
Pros
Enjoyment, own office space, staff, didactic teaching, Pharm coordination
Cons
low pay, dramatic atmosphere at times.