Fairmont State University Employee Reviews

Intern
Intern (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WVApril 10, 2018
Worked here as an intern on a project. The project owners are no longer there, in that capacity, but remain on campus. Overall it was a good experience.
Long commute; instructor autonomy
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WVMarch 22, 2018
I had a long commute to Fairmont State University, and that prevented me from engaging fully in the culture.

Fortunately, the school boasts beautiful facilities, and instructors have a lot of autonomy.
A productive and fun workplace. A workplace where everyone knows everyone. Willingness to help and an overall culture looking to achieve high goals.
Part-time Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WVMarch 20, 2018
Fairmont is a close knit community which reflects in the work place. I enjoyed seeing familiar faces each day. I enjoyed being surrounded by those who are willing to help you with most any question or problem you may have. Fairmont has a beautiful campus located in the mountains of West Virginia. The athletic department where I spent my time working was tremendous! It was nice to interact with other coaches from all sports on a day to day basis. It really shows the support that different athletic teams provide one another. I would recommend Fairmont State not only to any employer but to any student/athlete looking to make advancements toward their future goals.
Atmosphere
Registrar's Office (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WVJanuary 29, 2018
I enjoyed working at the University and loved the smaller campus. I enjoyed being close with my coworkers and feeling as if my work and time was much appreciated.
Pros
Close community
Cons
Compensation
Great place
SCENE SHOP ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WVJanuary 26, 2018
I very much enjoyed my time at FSU as a student worker. You are expected to work hard in the scene shop and Troy Snyder ensures that you do. I think that anyone, even non-theatre majors, would benefit from working in the scene shop.
Good place to start your career
Assistant Soccer Coach (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WVJanuary 9, 2018
Fairmont State University is a good place to work as well as a very nice university. The environment there is relaxed yet goals were set to keep the pace steady. I would highly recommend a job here.
Productive work environment with a lot of collaboration
Intern/Assistant Pitching Coach (Current Employee) –  Fairmont, WVDecember 17, 2017
Baseball coaches do not get paid much (there are 3 that get paid, NCAA rules). The program is way underfunded, and the coaches work overtime and get paid for under part-time salary. The University's culture is great, with a lot of support from the athletes and students. I enjoy being able to coach and facilitate young student athletes playing the game of baseball. You have to love baseball as much as the baseball staff does to be able to work for little to no pay and have little to no funds for the program, while competing for the conference championship, which is pretty miraculous.
Pros
Great work environment and great opportunity
Cons
low pay, and little to no funds for the program.
Relaxed and Teamwork based place to work.
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WVDecember 11, 2017
It is a great place to work. Being a student ambassador is a very socially interactive position and allows on the job training. I learned to feel comfortable talking to people, thanks to this position.
Great Workplace
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WVDecember 3, 2017
Its a great place to work. Very fast paced some days. Slow others. Its a great place to work. Fun and fulfilling. 10/10 will work there hopefully until I retire.
I'm a student worker, life is easy.
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Fairmont, WVNovember 15, 2017
Honestly, as a student worker I have no right to complain about my job. I work in financial aid, the boss treats me great and I couldn't as for a better work environment.
Adjunct Professor
Professor (Current Employee) –  Weston, WVOctober 16, 2017
Work as an Adjunct Professor and really enjoy the opportunity. Have worked off and on for several years, as needed, and really enjoy the atmosphere and environment.
Professor of History Tenure Track Position
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WVOctober 15, 2017
Lecture, student advising and committee work. Course load required my teaching five courses several of which were upper division. Also involved in Community Service Projects for which I won several awards. Received Foundation Grants on a competitive basis and developed on-line History courses. Traveled on work study with students to Europe and Asia.
Great Place To Work!
Project Coordinator/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WVOctober 1, 2017
It was a very pleasant place to work. Great benefits and job placement oppurtunities. The people were great, and I felt that I had a great purpose.....
Relaxed Atmosphere
Procurement Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fairmont, WVSeptember 11, 2017
FSU has a relaxed job environment, and 40 hour work weeks are great! This has been a great place to learn and grow in an office setting. I would recommend working here.
Pros
40 hour work week
Good job to have as a student
Falcon Center Set-up Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WVJune 29, 2017
I love being able to plan my work schedule around my classes. Management very friendly to work with. Get to keep your job when you go on school breaks. Experience a lot even if its not a full-time job.
Pros
they allow you to plan around your class schedule
Cons
doesn't have much benefits
great place to get your degree
Desk Monitor (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WV 26554June 18, 2017
Fairmont State was a pleasant experience. It was a fun experience obtaining my degree, and the class sized were small enough that the instructors knew your name.
Not the greatest
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fairmont, WVMay 22, 2017
We start our typical day doing nothing. That continues for the rest of the day, unless someone has a complaint, then we have to deal with a heaping pile of paperwork, and then we only get paid for 8 hours per week, but they will have you work around 20 sometimes.
Small classes, teachers who care
Student (Former Employee) –  WVMay 17, 2017
great classes and professors, small personal one on one, they know your name and want you to succeed, they spend time to help you one on one when you need it.
Pros
small, pesronal
Absolutely LOVE my job
Telecounselor (Current Employee) –  Fairmont, WVMay 2, 2017
I absolutely love working as a student employee at Fairmont State. I was just hired as a telecounselor this year and plan to work this job until I graduate. Everyone is so nice and friendly and there for you if and when you need help. I would recommend this job to anyone I know.
It's a good place to work.
Tour Guide/Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Fairmont, WVApril 28, 2017
It's convenient and most of the time they are lenient with class schedules. We have a seven minute grace period to get us to and from class. The workload isn't very much and the hours are good too.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fairmont State University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3